Choose...wisely.
Choose...wisely.
Answer Votes Percentage % Voters
Piracy Mafia 16

60%
Death Note Mafia 11

41%
Please login to vote.
Poll has 27 votes. You can vote for at most 1 option(s).

Dec 28 2010, 9:28 pm CecilSunkure Post #121

This post contains up to 14 clues.

14. Jack[RCDF (P)

It says up to 14, so perhaps there are no mafia after the number 14 in the list? This is a stretch, but still something to take note of.

Lotus used dual katanas in Ninja'd. Lotus was also given away by the most obvious clues in Norm's Mafia #4, although he evaded lynching by making up some ridiculous lie. I know that Aristocrat was very vexed by the whole ordeal, and I'm confident that Lotus actually did do the killing this time around as well. In both of these cases the game mod made some ridiculously blatant clues leading directly towards Lotus, and in both games Aristocrat was involved, the previous game Aristocrat was heavily vexed over the whole ordeal so it's only natural that this is showing up again. There is risk someone is just trying to frame Lotus, but whether or not that is true Lotus looks very suspicious for the time being.

I wouldn't take avatars into the account of clues, as the avatars weren't logged in the OP, and anyone can change theirs at anytime.

A google search of Dereset revealed a Blackberry app that resets the Blackberry device on an automated and scheduled basis. I couldn't find any relevance to anyone though. A google search of Tsunrise lead to a whole lot of nothing. Dereset looks like sunset, but with Dere in place of sun. Dere means to harm, hurt, trouble or annoy someone. You could then read Dereset as Hurtset, which would be clever on Aristocrat's part, but would be a rather vague clue. Peoples' names that have something to do with harm or pain would be: Dem0nS1ayer and poison_us. Tsunrise just has a capitol thrown onto it, and the only people with names that have capitol T's in them are: EzTerix and LoTu)S. Tsundere, as pointed out by Phobos looks like a dead on find, and I know Aristocrat is fond of Japanese pop culture. I just don't find much relevance to the game or people playing yet, unless you take a look at avatars that might resemble manga-esque pictures, but like I said peoples' avatars weren't recorded. Aristocrat, if avatars can be apart of clues I suggest you going and and posting up copies of everyone's avatar in your second post of this thread.

Wood was mentioned with strange frequency, but seeing as this is a ship and Aristocrat writes rather descriptively about surroundings and setting, I don't think there is much relevance.

I suppose I've been busy and only just got here, but the lynching of Norm seems really random, and I don't see anywhere in this thread a voting or anything. Why was Norm lynched, and when?

Since there may be up to 14 clues, I don't think there are really very many in this post.

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on Dec 28 2010, 9:35 pm by CecilSunkure.

None.

Dec 28 2010, 9:34 pm DevliN Post #122

OVERWATCH STATUS GO

Quote from CecilSunkure
I suppose I've been busy and only just got here, but the lynching of Norm seems really random, and I don't see anywhere in this thread a voting or anything. Why was Norm lynched, and when?
Aristo explained that Norm didn't respond to the activity check, so he killed him off (along with the others who died in the first post).

\:devlin\: Currently Working On: \:devlin\:
My Overwatch addiction.

Dec 28 2010, 9:52 pm Aristocrat Post #123

Quote from DevliN
Quote from CecilSunkure
Aristo explained that Norm didn't respond to the activity check, so he killed him off (along with the others who died in the first post).

Norm didn't sign up; I felt that it was appropriate to use the deaths of people who are not playing the game for creating a sense of impending danger.

None.

Dec 28 2010, 9:53 pm DevliN Post #124

OVERWATCH STATUS GO

Oh, or that, I guess. Seems pretty grim, then.

\:devlin\: Currently Working On: \:devlin\:
My Overwatch addiction.

Dec 28 2010, 10:42 pm Aristocrat Post #125

Quote from CecilSunkure
peoples' avatars weren't recorded.

They never were actually recorded in any previous mafia game, the hosts simply hotlinked to them; if people changed their avatars, the image in the original OP changed as well. I'll only say that it would be very ill-advised for any participant to modify their avatar at this stage in the game :P.

None.

Dec 28 2010, 10:47 pm CecilSunkure Post #126

Quote from Aristocrat
Quote from CecilSunkure
peoples' avatars weren't recorded.

They never were actually recorded in any previous mafia game, the hosts simply hotlinked to them; if people changed their avatars, the image in the original OP changed as well. I'll only say that it would be very ill-advised for any participant to modify their avatar at this stage in the game :P.
In that case, I'd say that avatars are very relevant :P

I don't have time right now to re-analyze things though. Maybe later. I'm actually off to go work more on my Lost Souls map that I promised to finish.

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on Dec 28 2010, 10:55 pm by CecilSunkure.

None.

Dec 28 2010, 11:11 pm Aristocrat Post #127

Patch 1.01

- In light of the description of the Chaplain's "Sermon" power, as well as its effect, Sermon has been reduced to Speed 1, down from Speed 7. This has no effect on the gameplay that has occurred thus far.
Power: Sermon - By visiting the room of one crewmember, the chaplain provides an overnight slow and epic reading of religious text to the targeted shipmate, causing him to fall asleep immediately. The targeted member will be unable to show up to the day meeting the following day, and cannot vote to lynch or be lynched. Counts as a visiting action.
*Attempting to read a sermon to the agnostic captain of the ship will result in a cruel and painful death that very same night.

None.

Dec 28 2010, 11:12 pm poison_us Post #128

Back* from the grave

Quote from CecilSunkure
Lotus used dual katanas in Ninja'd. Lotus was also given away by the most obvious clues in Norm's Mafia #4, although he evaded lynching by making up some ridiculous lie. I know that Aristocrat was very vexed by the whole ordeal, and I'm confident that Lotus actually did do the killing this time around as well. In both of these cases the game mod made some ridiculously blatant clues leading directly towards Lotus, and in both games Aristocrat was involved, the previous game Aristocrat was heavily vexed over the whole ordeal so it's only natural that this is showing up again. There is risk someone is just trying to frame Lotus, but whether or not that is true Lotus looks very suspicious for the time being.
Sounds more like Aristocrat has a vendetta against Lotus, but I guess we'll wait until the night clues come in to figure something out.

Quote from CecilSunkure
I wouldn't take avatars into the account of clues, as the avatars weren't logged in the OP, and anyone can change theirs at anytime.
But it's advised against in all the previous Mafias...oh well. Besides, it's pretty much a dead giveaway that the player is mafia...Except for the times that I changed mine, and provided the previous avatars as well :P

Quote from CecilSunkure
Tsundere, as pointed out by Phobos looks like a dead on find, and I know Aristocrat is fond of Japanese pop culture. I just don't find much relevance to the game or people playing yet, unless you take a look at avatars that might resemble manga-esque pictures, but like I said peoples' avatars weren't recorded.
"Tsun" means good, or healing, or sommat, I looked yesterday but I couldn't find any relevance so I forgot it.

Quote from CecilSunkure
Since there may be up to 14 clues, I don't think there are really very many in this post.
I think giving the maximum number of clues is itself a clue, has any host done this before? I think the 14 pointing directly at Zany is a little ridiculous, unless Aristocrat is really into giving obvious clues.

Oh, Olimar has 14 characters in his name...

EDIT:
*Attempting to read a sermon to the agnostic captain of the ship will result in a cruel and painful death that very same night.

But I'm Agnostic, does this mean that I'm immune as well? :awesome:

Dec 28 2010, 11:36 pm Phobos Post #129

Are you sure about that?

Quote from poison_us
"Tsun" means good, or healing, or sommat, I looked yesterday but I couldn't find any relevance so I forgot it.

Quote from Wikipedia
...Tsun Tsun (ツンツン?), meaning to turn away in disgust, and Dere Dere (デレデレ?) meaning to become 'lovey dovey'...

Arguably, tsun is a good thing if you share 2chan's opinion (and mine). But, implications and dere aside, it is a bad thing.

this is signature

Dec 28 2010, 11:59 pm Aristocrat Post #130

Quote from poison_us
But I'm Agnostic

Not your character :awesome:

None.

Dec 29 2010, 12:26 am poison_us Post #131

Back* from the grave

Quote from Phobos
Quote from poison_us

Quote from Wikipedia
...Tsun Tsun (ツンツン?), meaning to turn away in disgust, and Dere Dere (デレデレ?) meaning to become 'lovey dovey'...

Arguably, tsun is a good thing if you share 2chan's opinion (and mine). But, implications and dere aside, it is a bad thing.
Woops, got them backwards :massimo:

Quote from Aristocrat
Quote from poison_us
But I'm Agnostic

Not your character :awesome:
Does not say that in his description.

Dec 29 2010, 12:29 am Phobos Post #132

Are you sure about that?

inb4 patch 1.02

Changelog

this is signature

Dec 29 2010, 12:34 am Jack Post #133

>be faceless void >mfw I have no face

Each post I make contains anywhere from 0-x clues, where x is explicitly defined for that post.
This is actually a bit of an odd rule, making me think that the 14 probably does mean something. I'd say it points to either myself or olimar.

Phobos's avatar has a girl that looks like she's cutting her left wrist: "Clutching his left arm, Aristocrat fled for his life.'" Cecil's avatar visibly carries a blade, as well. Lotus's avatar has a dude with his/her left arm thrust out first, and his/her right arm over his/her face. The first arm to be cut was the left arm, then the right arm.

Red classic.

"In short, their absurdities are so extreme that it is painful even to quote them."

Dec 29 2010, 12:40 am Dem0n Post #134

ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ

Quote from Aristocrat
"I'm Lotus!"
I think it's Lotus. :awesome:

Dec 29 2010, 12:45 am Riney Post #135

Thigh high affectionado

And I think the buccaneer should off you tonight Dem0n.

Speaking of the buccaneer, please pm me so we can discuss strategy.

Riney#6948 on Discord.
Riney on Steam (Steam)
@RineyCat on Twitter

-- Updated as of December 2021 --

Dec 29 2010, 6:31 am Phobos Post #136

Are you sure about that?

So, signatures are not taken into account when making clues, Aristo?

this is signature

Dec 29 2010, 8:34 am Roy Post #137

An artist's depiction of an Extended Unit Death

Quote from Phobos
Generally, clues originate from names and avatars, as well as immutable information found in one's profile. Signatures are often not the basis for clues.

Aristocrat has mentioned several times that his mafia game would have no clues. I have not heard reason for him to have changed his mind, so the "up to x amount of clues" thing may simply be a psychological element that has no actual worth to the game, and he is not inserting clues at all. My guess is that the first post doesn't contain any clues, but depending on the performance of the town, he may add clues later into the game.

Dec 29 2010, 2:52 pm Aristocrat Post #138

Patch 1.02

- In light of the description of the Chaplain's "Sermon" power, the religious affiliation of the players have been clarified. Only the captain is agnostic. This does not affect gameplay.
Power: Sermon - By visiting the room of one crewmember, the chaplain provides an overnight slow and epic reading of religious text to the targeted shipmate, causing him to fall asleep immediately. The targeted member will be unable to show up to the day meeting the following day, and cannot vote to lynch or be lynched. Counts as a visiting action.

- Doctors may aid themselves; this will still, however, trigger any powers that react to visiting actions, such as Execute.
Power: Aid - Protects one other crewmember from a night hit of any nature, including damage inflicted by self-defense powers of another character. Counts as a visiting action, but does not trigger self-defense.

None.

Dec 29 2010, 6:04 pm Raitaki Post #139

Quote from Roy
Quote from Phobos
Generally, clues originate from names and avatars, as well as immutable information found in one's profile. Signatures are often not the basis for clues.

Aristocrat has mentioned several times that his mafia game would have no clues. I have not heard reason for him to have changed his mind, so the "up to x amount of clues" thing may simply be a psychological element that has no actual worth to the game, and he is not inserting clues at all. My guess is that the first post doesn't contain any clues, but depending on the performance of the town, he may add clues later into the game.

Ugh...So all we have is watching each other's movements to find out who are the traitors? =/ This can get nasty...(if I'm not traitor =P)

None.

Dec 29 2010, 7:41 pm poison_us Post #140

Back* from the grave

Quote from Phobos
inb4 patch 1.02

Changelog

Quote from Aristocrat
Patch 1.02

Only the captain is agnostic.
Someone deserves a free internet.

Quote from Roy
...WHAT??? So we're basically working off of clues that could be purely coincidence, not targeted at any member at all. DA FUCK?

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on Dec 29 2010, 7:47 pm by poison_us.

Options
Pages: < 1 « 5 6 7 8 924 >
  Back to forum