Staredit Network > Forums > SC1 Mapping Tools > Topic: Final Call For SCMDraft, Revised
Final Call For SCMDraft, Revised
Aug 18 2009, 6:37 am
By: Vrael
Pages: < 1 « 22 23 24 25 >

Jan 21 2012, 2:04 pm zzt Post #461

Quote from O)FaRTy1billion[MM]
It doesn't change anything. And most units, by default, do have 100 shields ... it's just the normal editor doesn't display this and SC ignores it.
In fact, it does something. If marine's(or any other unit without shields) max shield is 10000 or higher, every marine's HP amount will be invisible as if their HP total is 10000 or more. Wireframes work normally.

None.

Jan 21 2012, 8:06 pm Lanthanide Post #462

Quote from sraw531
- Making "Researches" (defined as any upgrade/research that has exactly one upgrade level) not have the ability to change the "max" ups, replacing it with either bubble buttons or something else. (Ie, current -0 -1, Max -0 -1)
- Having the ability to "Hide" things that aren't useful to most, but are still useful to some. (like upgrading the psi storm/cannon damage etc, or assuming burst lasers is useful for anything... or making UNKNOWN players own a trigger.
- Making units without the ability to ever have shields to have shields either blacked out, or preset to 0 (I dont know if theres actually anything useful in changing this, but I was always careful to make my marines have 0 shields, just incase...)

Quote from zzt
It doesn't change anything. And most units, by default, do have 100 shields ... it's just the normal editor doesn't display this and SC ignores it.
In fact, it does something. If marine's(or any other unit without shields) max shield is 10000 or higher, every marine's HP amount will be invisible as if their HP total is 10000 or more. Wireframes work normally.
zzt is correct, giving any unit (terran or zerg) that can't have shields a large value will cause that units HP to become invisible when selected. For this reason it isn't a good idea just to hide arbitrary things that don't look useful. For example the last unused upgrade is actually quite useful. If it had been hidden in the map editor, then it would have been much harder to find this. So there's no real reason to hide unused upgrades or prevent you from setting a max upgrade value of 255 or whatever, because it's possible these settings could do something interesting if used in the right way.

Having said that though, having all the 'extended' player owners for triggers is indeed a complete waste of time, and that should be removed because it really does clutter the place up and confuse noobs.

None.

Jan 21 2012, 8:31 pm jjf28 Post #463

Cartography Artisan

Rank: Member Suggestions: (Just incase someone might ever actually use this...)

Heh, I was dreaming up some awsome new UI for a map editor, I'd be very willing to program it out; but I don't know the code structure of a map (is there a resource or source code for old map editors somewhere?) so i'd be stuck at that point :(

Basically for triggers I thought they should be in a kind of excel speradsheet so you can copy fields (the first field being which trigger it was), parts of triggers, whole triggers, whole groups of triggers, easily rearrange order, and so on. And of course some customizable auto-fill options :P (which would include quick select for filled out or patially filled triggers that you frequently use)

Some cooler jazz for unit selection (option to resort into your own custom selection groupings), right click on map when in "unit mode" and hit "generate unit", enter a ID or unit name, select what index you want it at... options for creating purposefully dynamic inverted locations for units, a highlighter that tells you whether a unit is in a location you're currently stretching/shrinking

Some accurate mission briefing colors ofc, a briefing simulator (if legal), a rough, trigger outcome caclulator (doubt it could be made accurate for a number of systems, but you could be forced to enter such dynamic data or grab what the data is with the current map layout (not what it would neccesarily be like in game)

Option to view the properties of all your units and locations if not also edit them while a trigger editor is open

And, of course, a code view so you can see everything you're adding and make all possible changes

TheNitesWhoSay - Clan Aura - github

Reached the top of StarCraft theory crafting 2:12 AM CST, August 2nd, 2014.

Feb 26 2012, 7:22 pm Gigins Post #464

There is an annoying bug in classic trigger editor. Upon editing a new death condition and choosing current player this happens.

I can only do the condition if I start with other variables, then player. I already miss the old version of draft I had. :><:

None.

Feb 26 2012, 7:29 pm Lanthanide Post #465

That's a feature, not a bug. It's a very poorly implemented feature, but a feature none-the-less.

None.

Feb 26 2012, 7:35 pm Gigins Post #466

Ok, how to turn it off then? :P

None.

Feb 26 2012, 7:46 pm Lanthanide Post #467

You can't. Your options are:

1. Use an older version of scmdraft that doesn't have this Memory condition.
2. Work around the issue as you have been: when creating a new Deaths condition, change the unit to anything other than Terran Marine before you change the player.

None.

Feb 26 2012, 8:07 pm Gigins Post #468

This is kinda stupid. Oh well. :ermm:

None.

Feb 26 2012, 9:26 pm O)FaRTy1billion[MM] Post #469

👻 👾 👽 💪

Quote from Lanthanide
That's a feature, not a bug. It's a very poorly implemented feature, but a feature none-the-less.
It should not exist because the Memory condition is already selectable, iirc.

TinyMap2 - Latest in map compression! ( 7/09/14 - New build! )
EUD Action Enabler - Lightweight EUD/EPD support! (ChaosLauncher/MPQDraft support!)
EUDDB - topic - Help out by adding your EUDs! Or Submit reference files in the References tab!
MapSketch - New image->map generator!
EUDTrig - topic - Quickly and easily convert offsets to EUDs! (extended players supported)
SC2 Map Texture Mask Importer/Exporter - Edit texture placement in an image editor!
\:farty\: This page has been viewed [img]http://farty1billion.dyndns.org/Clicky.php?img.gif[/img] times!

Feb 27 2012, 5:10 am Lanthanide Post #470

Quote from Lanthanide
It should not exist because the Memory condition is already selectable, iirc.
Yep, I see that it does. I think the old version of Scmdraft I was using didn't have a separate Memory condition, but the new version I got definitely does.

None.

Feb 27 2012, 5:33 am Sacrieur Post #471

Still Napping

In the older version you had to go through Deaths to get to the memory function.

None.

Feb 27 2012, 6:22 am Oh_Man Post #472

Find Me On Discord (Brood War UMS Community & Staredit Network)

Quote from Sacrieur
In the older version you had to go through Deaths to get to the memory function.
Oh THATS what that shit is. It would randomly transform to that when I modified the integer first.

Jun 25 2012, 9:28 pm Raygoza Post #473

I have several suggestions on several new functions and property changes that could be done with the Terrain Palette window

Having tabs and advanced option in that little window of the terrain Palette.
1. One of the tabs would be the different doodads, not all but the ones of the same nature as those in the lowest part of the tileset indexed, those tiles that in the combination makes the ruin building and the other "more important doodads"but still as tiles. Also having the dirt version of the building as well as the water version, remember that it's not only the temple I'm talking about but all those interesting doodads as tilesets. Excluding Doodads like rocks on the ground and such "less important" doodads.

2. Within the tileset indexed, I'd like to be able to select and even drag a box and mark which tiles I want, when it comes to the
"more important" doodad tiles tab, you'll mark which tiles you want to bring in the map, but when you are with the normal tileset indexed, being able to select several tiles or even a group and as you apply these tiles they will be randomized to prevent that you use the same tile over and over again, this would make the tile placing just like the rectangular option possible even when browsing between all different tiles, by choosing which tiles will be randomized on mapping.

3. possibly having more tabs, one which has the most used tiles, but in order of course, and an other tab with tiles or tilesets you have as favorites, and even two more tabs of this kind, but that are not favorites.

An option added to the isometric placement, this option would make that manually placed tiles wont be removed as you use the isometric tileset. Also as you keep your

My second suggestion is that when you want to merge Terrains you select two edges that you want to merge and the computer uses the isometric function to get as close to a good solution as possible, then you could manually select tiles to use, the function would only create the edges and borders, it would be good if you could get some kind of menu where you choose which ground level you want it to e and how many cliffs down to lowest ground will be visible (water included).
Myself I'd like to see high dirt edging to water.

Also something that would be good is an other option, when you select tiles there should be one check box for each ground high level that exists in game, as you you choose a tile or several ones in the Terrain palette, appropriate boxes get checked that stands for their properties, some of the boxes should determine if the tile is walkable or not and if possible even advanced option like making tile Overlays.
Anyway what I mean is that the properties of the tile or selected tiles will be shown and as you choose a tile or a group of tiles you are also able to change their properties to your wishes.

Also If possible a function which makes you able to mirror the Tile or tiles selected, could be very handy when you need mirrored things, the possibility of mirroring Doodads converted to tiles is very attractive and would open up a lot of new possibilities when mapping.
if this is not possible I wonder if you could mirror things that already has a tile that is mirrored, it could be an edge on the right side of an island.
Also it would be good if you could mirror a group of tiles too. And as you select tiles in the index, there could be a check box that makes you put mirrored tiles of the ones you choose.

None.

Jun 25 2012, 10:01 pm Lanthanide Post #474

For the record, I contacted SI at the start of the year about getting the source code for scmdraft and taking over the project. He was lukewarm on the idea and eventually didn't reply to my last email.

Part of the reason is because he was 'embarrassed' by the state of a lot of the code and think it would need a lot of work, probably from him, to clean it up to a state he would be happy with someone else taking over. Also there is code in scmdraft that can read the SC CD key, which he didn't want to give to anyone else.

None.

Jun 28 2012, 7:57 pm O)FaRTy1billion[MM] Post #475

👻 👾 👽 💪

Quote from Lanthanide
Also there is code in scmdraft that can read the SC CD key, which he didn't want to give to anyone else.
What is that even used for? Also, I already have that. ;o

EDIT: o wiat, blizzard was genius and encoded the fonts with the cdkey.

TinyMap2 - Latest in map compression! ( 7/09/14 - New build! )
EUD Action Enabler - Lightweight EUD/EPD support! (ChaosLauncher/MPQDraft support!)
EUDDB - topic - Help out by adding your EUDs! Or Submit reference files in the References tab!
MapSketch - New image->map generator!
EUDTrig - topic - Quickly and easily convert offsets to EUDs! (extended players supported)
SC2 Map Texture Mask Importer/Exporter - Edit texture placement in an image editor!
\:farty\: This page has been viewed [img]http://farty1billion.dyndns.org/Clicky.php?img.gif[/img] times!

Jun 29 2012, 6:50 am iCCup.xboi209 Post #476

Why doesn't he just release parts of the code that would be vital if someone were to make another map editor...

None.

Jun 29 2012, 10:57 pm Roy Post #477

An artist's depiction of an Extended Unit Death

Quote from name:xboi209
Why doesn't he just release parts of the code that would be vital if someone were to make another map editor...
Probably because of this:
Quote from Lanthanide
Part of the reason is because he was 'embarrassed' by the state of a lot of the code and think it would need a lot of work...
I highly doubt he would be embarrassed about modular code.

Aug 20 2012, 4:45 pm theleo_ua Post #478

Dear SCM Draft dev team

Is it possible to fix font scaling issue (especially for win7)?

http://img838.imageshack.us/img838/9338/playerjr.png

http://img841.imageshack.us/img841/5914/triggerst.png

Thank you in advance

None.

Aug 20 2012, 10:43 pm Lanthanide Post #479

There is no dev team. It is unlikely there will ever be a new version of SCMDraft.

None.

Aug 20 2012, 11:00 pm Dem0n Post #480

ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ

Quote from theleo_ua
Dear SCM Draft dev team

Is it possible to fix font scaling issue (especially for win7)?

http://img838.imageshack.us/img838/9338/playerjr.png

http://img841.imageshack.us/img841/5914/triggerst.png

Thank you in advance
Everything is scaled properly for me, and I use Windows 7. Are you using the newest version?

Options
Pages: < 1 « 22 23 24 25 >
  Back to forum