Staredit Network > Forums > SC1 Mapping Tools > Topic: Final Call For SCMDraft, Revised
Final Call For SCMDraft, Revised
Aug 18 2009, 6:37 am
By: Vrael
Pages: < 1 « 21 22 23 24 25 >

Apr 23 2010, 2:47 pm ImagoDeo Post #441

Quote from Heinermann
Suggestions for the latest versioin as of this post:
Code
[Map Settings]
- Remove the last four colours from the colour list. They are invalid.

Invalid? I've used them before without difficulties. You're talking about Pale Yellow 2/Pale Green/Bluish Gray/Cyan? Those work fine, but they vary depending on computer type.

None.

Apr 23 2010, 8:08 pm Heinermann Post #442

SDE, BWAPI owner, hacker.

Yes, invalid. An extended colour. It's better to simplify things and not give people the idea that such colours are valid.

Apr 23 2010, 8:57 pm ImagoDeo Post #443

If they never cause problems, why remove them?

None.

Apr 23 2010, 9:02 pm Heinermann Post #444

It's better to simplify things and not give people the idea that such colours are valid.
If people use extended colours, you can expect flags to cause a crash. If people who are inexperienced see those colours in the list, they will use them without knowledge of this fact.
The colours are also not consistent. They should not be used.
They even look bad.

[Bug Report]
Large strings will crash SCMDraft on save.

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on Apr 23 2010, 9:11 pm by Heinermann.

Apr 24 2010, 2:57 am DavidJCobb Post #445

Feature request: An option to use an INI file instead of registry settings. Would increase the program's portability (make it so that people can run it off a flash drive and keep their settings). Ideally, the program would check for an INI file, check for a value in that file specifying whether to actually use it, and then pick the INI or registry based on that. Default value could be 0 to avoid invalidating everyone's current settings.

None.

Apr 25 2010, 11:55 pm FoxWolf1 Post #446

This thread is rather long, so I'm not sure if this has been mentioned (or even fixed) already, but the text-based trigger editor seems to mess things up when you have conamed forces owning triggers (even if you put a space at the end of one of them...they're different strings, but the trigger editor still gets confused). If you could make it use the actual strings, that'd be great.

Also, things get messed up sometimes when you change the owner of a start location. The players in-game and the start locations displayed in SCMD2 seem to get out of synch or something...it's quite odd.

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on May 4 2010, 5:09 pm by FoxWolf1.

None.

Jun 15 2010, 9:34 pm Pr0nogo Post #447

The latest version (downloaded 3 days ago) has some random bug that causes it to stop working without 'crashing' until I try to close the programme. No error message at all. It doesn't even do that weird, hazy, translucent white overlay that Vista puts over unresponsive programmes. It just stops working.

Jun 24 2010, 12:48 am ImagoDeo Post #448

Drag and drop in place of move up/move down in the trigger list please. Or at least in addition to.

None.

Jun 24 2010, 1:41 am DavidJCobb Post #449

In addition to. Dragging anything on a laptop is a real bitch.

None.

Aug 23 2010, 11:38 am Wormer Post #450

Please, please! Make it possible to feed a given text file directly to the trigedit via command line parameter.
Like: smdraft.exe "mymap.scx" -t "mytrig.trigger".
SCMD should compile "mytrig.trigger" into "mymap.scx", print errornous line if any and exit.

Some.

May 19 2011, 12:07 pm Lanthanide Post #451

I've found what appears to be a bug with the latest version.

If you try to edit the Corsair's weapon stats, but you have Raszagal set as "use defaults", then changes to the corsair weapon will be ignored. Other unit/heros that share the same weapons don't appear affected in this manner.

None.

May 20 2011, 11:54 pm Heinermann Post #452

I don't think this is going to be updated at all.

Either way..
App:
  • Make sprite placement more like units.
  • Remove all Sprite checkboxes (Only 2 are valid/used, the rest are not)

Classic Trigger Editor:
  • Allow no conditions
  • Hide AI scripts that don't belong in a category (it's either a location script or it's not).
  • Add a checkbox for "Preserve Trigger", "Disable Defeat", "Ignore all UI actions once" (See http://www.staredit.net/topic/13713/ ).

Trigedit:
  • When saving, force names are bugged. For example if you have a force called "Mother" and another following it called "Mothers Children" then it will change all "Mothers Children" to "Mother", effectively moving all triggers from Force 2 to Force 1.

May 28 2011, 1:40 pm Wormer Post #453

Quote from Heinermann
Add a checkbox for "Preserve Trigger", "Disable Defeat", "Ignore all UI actions once" (See http://www.staredit.net/topic/13713/ ).
And don't forget to allow to do this through trigedit too! I won't be very upset if it will remove all "Preserve Trigger" actions and set the appropriate flag instead, but the best if there was an optional group "Flags:" (like "Actions:" or "Conditions:") with a way to specify these new flags.

Some.

May 28 2011, 5:55 pm Roy Post #454

An artist's depiction of an Extended Unit Death

High hopes, considering Suicidal Insanity hasn't been on SEN since March of last year. We'll probably just have to live with the current version(s).

May 28 2011, 6:40 pm Wormer Post #455

Quote from Roy
High hopes, considering Suicidal Insanity hasn't been on SEN since March of last year. We'll probably just have to live with the current version(s).
There is no hope. But since guys decided to post some bugs and proposals, I just added to Heinerman in case SI returns one day.

Some.

May 29 2011, 7:15 am Heinermann Post #456

I think people have asked for the source code before but got denied;

I don't know the status of SI, so I decided to hack my own changes in.
Things like...
Made sprite properties compact and no checkboxes except for the ones that actually do something.
Made the splash screen actually visible instead of hiding all the controls.
Made it use more sane hotkeys in classic trigedit, using CTRL for hotkeys, DELETE for delete instead of D, CTRL+UP/DOWN to move up and down instead of U and O.
Other dialogs more compact/simplified.

Those are just resource edits. I'll be making some ASM edits too if I feel like it.

May 29 2011, 7:31 am Wormer Post #457

And... How can we get your work?

Some.

Aug 6 2011, 9:27 pm Sacrieur Post #458

Still Napping

I would love to see some type of system to define our own EUD triggers.

None.

Jan 21 2012, 9:02 am sraw531 Post #459

Suggestions: (Just incase someone might ever actually use this...)
- Making so that when you type "1" or any number in a player field, it automatically selects player 1, rather then trying to find "12 player" etc.
- Two pale yellow selections?
- Making boxes resizeable? They seem now to be small and I have to click the scroll button to see the one thing off the side. Or it just chops off the end of the window.
- Making "Researches" (defined as any upgrade/research that has exactly one upgrade level) not have the ability to change the "max" ups, replacing it with either bubble buttons or something else. (Ie, current -0 -1, Max -0 -1)
- Having the ability to "Hide" things that aren't useful to most, but are still useful to some. (like upgrading the psi storm/cannon damage etc, or assuming burst lasers is useful for anything... or making UNKNOWN players own a trigger.
- Making units without the ability to ever have shields to have shields either blacked out, or preset to 0 (I dont know if theres actually anything useful in changing this, but I was always careful to make my marines have 0 shields, just incase...)

Edit:
Quote from FoxWolf1
Also, things get messed up sometimes when you change the owner of a start location. The players in-game and the start locations displayed in SCMD2 seem to get out of synch or something...it's quite odd.
- Make Start Locations not able to have owners changed

None.

Jan 21 2012, 12:24 pm O)FaRTy1billion[MM] Post #460

👻 👾 👽 💪

Quote from sraw531
- Making units without the ability to ever have shields to have shields either blacked out, or preset to 0 (I dont know if theres actually anything useful in changing this, but I was always careful to make my marines have 0 shields, just incase...)
It doesn't change anything. And most units, by default, do have 100 shields ... it's just the normal editor doesn't display this and SC ignores it.

TinyMap2 - Latest in map compression! ( 7/09/14 - New build! )
EUD Action Enabler - Lightweight EUD/EPD support! (ChaosLauncher/MPQDraft support!)
EUDDB - topic - Help out by adding your EUDs! Or Submit reference files in the References tab!
MapSketch - New image->map generator!
EUDTrig - topic - Quickly and easily convert offsets to EUDs! (extended players supported)
SC2 Map Texture Mask Importer/Exporter - Edit texture placement in an image editor!
\:farty\: This page has been viewed [img]http://farty1billion.dyndns.org/Clicky.php?img.gif[/img] times!

Options
Pages: < 1 « 21 22 23 24 25 >
  Back to forum