Staredit Network > Forums > Staredit Network > Topic: Handing SEN over
Handing SEN over
This topic is locked. You can no longer write replies here.
Feb 7 2012, 12:12 am
By: Forsaken Archer
Pages: < 1 « 3 4 5

Feb 9 2012, 1:27 am Oh_Man Post #81

Find Me On Discord (Brood War UMS Community & Staredit Network)

Quote from Forsaken Archer
Did blizzard fix the shitty ums hosting yet?
Not really. :-(

Feb 9 2012, 1:34 am Aristocrat Post #82

SENNull is a lot more alive than I expected.
Fix'd.

Nah, just kidding; we're pretty much the only BW mapping site left that still has an active SCBW UMS section. I was expecting the BW forums to die off, but that never happened.

None.

Feb 9 2012, 1:54 am Oh_Man Post #83

Find Me On Discord (Brood War UMS Community & Staredit Network)

The fact that SC2 was a let-down for a lot of people contributed a lot to the persistence of the BW community.

Feb 9 2012, 2:35 am TiKels Post #84

The only people who were let down by sc2 were sc1 UMS players...

Everyone else is happy, for the most part.

"If a topic that clearly interest noone needs to be closed to underline the "we don't want this here" message, is up to debate."

-NudeRaider

Feb 9 2012, 2:59 am Azrael Post #85

I'm not!

Oh, right.

Feb 9 2012, 3:06 am Dem0n Post #86

ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ

Quote from TiKels
The only people who were let down by sc2 were sc1 UMS players...

Everyone else is happy, for the most part.
Why classify that group as "sc1 UMS players"? That's all of SEN. :hurr: A better statement would've been, "The only people who were let down by sc2 were logical people who stopped kissing Blizzard's ass every second and actually took a moment to think."

But that's off-topic. ;o Back to the topic, I can't seem to understand why this is a big deal. Just give it to whoever is the most responsible (in this case, probably Devlin) and move on. Like I said before, IP's been gone for over a year and the site hasn't come crashing down. We've managed just fine. Giving the payment to someone else isn't going to spur some new Nazi regime that's going to ruin everything we like about SEN.

Feb 9 2012, 3:51 am UnholyUrine Post #87

It's alive because we liked the community and being part of it

Blizzard didn't do squat

None.

Feb 9 2012, 8:57 am Fire_Kame Post #88

wth is starcraft

Quote from O)FaRTy1billion[MM]
Quote from DevliN
...when I got a text from someone telling me about this thread.
wat, who has Devlin's phone number? >.>

I'll tell you who has the number for $300, and I'll give you the number for $800.

Feb 9 2012, 5:18 pm Gigins Post #89

Since when everybody hates Corbo? Did I miss something? :crazy:

None.

Feb 9 2012, 5:31 pm The Starport Post #90

SEN is a lot more alive than I expected.
Did blizzard fix the shitty ums hosting yet?
Now why would they go and do a silly thing like that? :rolleyes:

None.

Feb 9 2012, 7:14 pm Roy Post #91

An artist's depiction of an Extended Unit Death

Quote from Gigins
Since when everybody hates Corbo? Did I miss something? :crazy:
Nobody hates Corbo; most of us are actually quite fond of him. We just have a relationship where he only visits on drunken tirades.

Feb 9 2012, 9:14 pm payne Post #92

:payne:

I would personally be more than willing to give :corbo: a chance.

During the small time where I was allowed to view the Staff Lounge, he seemed to be one of the very few that'd actually try to bring new ideas to the website.
He also is the one that designed this new "Turtle" skin. (Yet he says people didn't reproduce his design properly.)
He has also helped some sc2 mappers with different things, including Ahli.

... And I'm sure he'd code those new SEN Games I've proposed ages ago! :massimo:

None.

Feb 17 2012, 12:19 am Vrael Post #93

:farty: please get a job and run SEN.

None.

Feb 17 2012, 5:29 pm MadZombie Post #94

He does have one iirc

I'd fund it but I don't even frequent null or the shout box anymore.

None.

Feb 18 2012, 9:42 pm RexyRex Post #95

Oh noooooooooo

It's really happening!

I'm really glad you've kept it alive all these years, ip

None.

Feb 19 2012, 2:57 am ClansAreForGays Post #96

The most productive members (Devilesk, corbo) have also been the most destructive for some reason. I remember I was pretty productive at one point, and also constantly lashing out at mods. I don't do that anymore, but I also don't do anything helpful anymore.

There's always exceptions to the rule (ahli), but I think the good out weighs the bad.

Double standards should exist. If Tikels bans everyone from sen for the lulz, then burn him off of sen. But if Corbo does it, suspend him for like 6 months, then give him a re-evaluation.

Feb 19 2012, 4:07 am lil-Inferno Post #97

Just here for the pie

Quote from ClansAreForGays
The most productive members (Devilesk, corbo) have also been the most destructive for some reason. I remember I was pretty productive at one point, and also constantly lashing out at mods. I don't do that anymore, but I also don't do anything helpful anymore.

There's always exceptions to the rule (ahli), but I think the good out weighs the bad.

Double standards should exist. If Tikels bans everyone from sen for the lulz, then burn him off of sen. But if Corbo does it, suspend him for like 6 months, then give him a re-evaluation.
It seems like on SEN you either quit a hero, or stay long enough to become a villain.

Feb 19 2012, 5:49 am ClansAreForGays Post #98

Better than what I said.

Feb 21 2012, 10:30 am O)FaRTy1billion[MM] Post #99

👻 👾 👽 💪

Quote from Vrael
:farty: please get a job and run SEN.
I've had a job for quite osme time now ;o

TinyMap2 - Latest in map compression! ( 7/09/14 - New build! )
EUD Action Enabler - Lightweight EUD/EPD support! (ChaosLauncher/MPQDraft support!)
EUDDB - topic - Help out by adding your EUDs! Or Submit reference files in the References tab!
MapSketch - New image->map generator!
EUDTrig - topic - Quickly and easily convert offsets to EUDs! (extended players supported)
SC2 Map Texture Mask Importer/Exporter - Edit texture placement in an image editor!
\:farty\: This page has been viewed [img]http://farty1billion.dyndns.org/Clicky.php?img.gif[/img] times!

Options
Pages: < 1 « 3 4 5
  Back to forum