Staredit Network > Forums > Null > Topic: Beat this guy to win $40
Beat this guy to win $40
Nov 10 2010, 12:12 pm
By: OlimarandLouie
Pages: < 1 2 3 4 >

Nov 17 2010, 3:19 am CecilSunkure Post #21

Spoiler

Replay: http://www.mediafire.com/?clfzguzsn686v1w

He said he'll be doing more challenges in the futuurree!!

Post has been edited 3 time(s), last time on Nov 17 2010, 3:42 am by CecilSunkure.

None.

Nov 17 2010, 3:54 am BeDazed Post #22

@Cecil - casters don't need to be in top 5000 players to be good at casting. I think I have a pretty rock solid knowledge of all things Starcraft 2 related... And I am only platinum.
I disagree.
Only Platinum? Nobody would use you as a caster. It would be better if someone more skilled and with tons more insight to the game be a caster than not. I am not going further into this. I'm just concerned that you're taking things bit too lightly.

None.

Nov 17 2010, 4:12 am Roy Post #23

An artist's depiction of an Extended Unit Death

Could you mighty-morph that into a Youtube video?

Nov 17 2010, 10:11 am DevliN Post #24

OVERWATCH STATUS GO

Lol@ "Lasercorn: i hate u"

Great job, Cecil. That was fun to watch. I suck at 1v1 and I'm sure I could have beaten him. Jeez.

\:devlin\: Currently Working On: \:devlin\:
My Overwatch addiction.

Nov 17 2010, 10:33 am CecilSunkure Post #25

Quote from BeDazed
@Cecil - casters don't need to be in top 5000 players to be good at casting. I think I have a pretty rock solid knowledge of all things Starcraft 2 related... And I am only platinum.
I disagree.
Only Platinum? Nobody would use you as a caster. It would be better if someone more skilled and with tons more insight to the game be a caster than not. I am not going further into this. I'm just concerned that you're taking things bit too lightly.
My two favorite casters are Day9 and Raelcun, both of which are diamond players, and Day9 could be a pro player if he wanted.

None.

Nov 17 2010, 1:30 pm NicholasBeige Post #26

In terms of staying on topic: go here to discuss shoutcasters.

Anyways.... first things first gratz on the win. Secondly LOL at his 'i hate you' leaving remark... what a douchebag...

You should've made a twilight council and blinked into his base - could've been over in like 15 minutes instead of 30 :P... he was total noob, kept supply blocking himself and then using Call-Down: Extra Supplies... instead of using a Mule and sending two SCVs to build supply.

None.

Nov 17 2010, 2:11 pm poison_us Post #27

Back* from the grave

Quote from Roy
Could you mighty-morph that into a Youtube video?
If I ask nicely can someone?

Nov 17 2010, 2:14 pm NicholasBeige Post #28

I have Fraps and shit installed.. But I really don't know how to make the output AVI file a lot smaller ie. for uploading to youtube...

None.

Nov 17 2010, 2:29 pm poison_us Post #29

Back* from the grave

Windows movie maker.

Nov 17 2010, 3:04 pm UnholyUrine Post #30

Great game, Cecil. You had the upper hand the entire time.. Congratz

Yeah.. if you just researched blink, the game would've been over much quicker XD
Or if you kept dropping at the bottom of his base like u did with the 4 stalkers.
Now I know that planetary fortresses with a bajillion scvs healing them is pretty hard to kill :P

I may try to make a youtube video... :O ... i've never tried it tho.

None.

Nov 17 2010, 3:29 pm rockz Post #31

ᴄʜᴇᴇsᴇ ɪᴛ!

Quote from name:Cardinal
I have Fraps and shit installed.. But I really don't know how to make the output AVI file a lot smaller ie. for uploading to youtube...
avidemux. I can walk you through it if you can't get it.

"Parliamentary inquiry, Mr. Chairman - do we have to call the Gentleman a gentleman if he's not one?"

Nov 17 2010, 4:01 pm NicholasBeige Post #32

downloading and installing avidemux now... I'm on 64 bit windows 7 - so hopefulyl it works okay.. I'll watch the replay again so I know what bits to watch out for :P

None.

Nov 17 2010, 4:18 pm rockz Post #33

ᴄʜᴇᴇsᴇ ɪᴛ!

I would recommend changing it to an mp4 with AAC and h.264. You can do a two pass to make it a certain filesize if you want as well, or just specify a bitrate. Two pass is pretty nice though.

"Parliamentary inquiry, Mr. Chairman - do we have to call the Gentleman a gentleman if he's not one?"

Nov 17 2010, 5:43 pm poison_us Post #34

Back* from the grave

Or you could let Windows Movie Maker do it, and save a download :hurr:

Nov 17 2010, 6:58 pm rockz Post #35

ᴄʜᴇᴇsᴇ ɪᴛ!

wmm afaik doesn't do h264, which is what youtube uses. Saves you an upload and lets you have high quality.

Nov 17 2010, 7:42 pm CecilSunkure Post #36

I'll make an FPVOD for you guys, as those are usually pretty funny :P

Anyone else interested in casting this for fun, please do! We can have a mini-collection of castings for this game, that would be fun.

None.

Nov 17 2010, 8:09 pm DevliN Post #37

OVERWATCH STATUS GO

I'd cast it, but I'd want to make it seem like I have no idea what I'm talking about. Or at least I'd cast it thinking it was a StarCraft 1 match.

\:devlin\: Currently Working On: \:devlin\:
My Overwatch addiction.

Nov 17 2010, 8:22 pm poison_us Post #38

Back* from the grave

Quote from rockz
wmm afaik doesn't do h264, which is what youtube uses. Saves you an upload and lets you have high quality.
I've had 720p quality, would've been better but my computer is 1336x768, and FRAPS recorded it at full quality, so the best it could've been is 768. Youtube automatically converts it to the highest quality, btw. In WMM you need to customize the settings, but you can still record high quality. See http://www.staredit.net/266780/
, was made by FRAPS + WMM.

Nov 17 2010, 9:15 pm O)FaRTy1billion[MM] Post #39

👻 👾 👽 💪

I've never seen Windows Movie Maker produce anything near quality... But, then again, I don't quite know how to use it.

TinyMap2 - Latest in map compression! ( 7/09/14 - New build! )
EUD Action Enabler - Lightweight EUD/EPD support! (ChaosLauncher/MPQDraft support!)
EUDDB - topic - Help out by adding your EUDs! Or Submit reference files in the References tab!
MapSketch - New image->map generator!
EUDTrig - topic - Quickly and easily convert offsets to EUDs! (extended players supported)
SC2 Map Texture Mask Importer/Exporter - Edit texture placement in an image editor!
\:farty\: This page has been viewed [img]http://farty1billion.dyndns.org/Clicky.php?img.gif[/img] times!

Nov 17 2010, 9:20 pm Norm Post #40

So did this guy actually give you your reward or what?

None.

Options
Pages: < 1 2 3 4 >
  Back to forum