Staredit Network > Forums > Staredit Network > Topic: SEN Static v4
SEN Static v4
Apr 16 2012, 2:18 am
By: Moose
Pages: < 1 2 3 >

Apr 17 2012, 3:34 am DevliN Post #21

OVERWATCH STATUS GO

Quote from Oh_Man
Having trouble finding these on SEN DLDB, can someone help me out?
Better suited in the File Request thread.

\:devlin\: Currently Working On: \:devlin\:
My Overwatch addiction.

Apr 17 2012, 11:31 am O)FaRTy1billion[MM] Post #22

👻 👾 👽 💪

Quote from Oh_Man
Merge die what's the difference. The site shut down and everyone had to move over here. It was for the best though, they were basically just sister sites. No point splitting up the already small community.

Also can someone tell me who Bolt Head is and what his maps are?
According to these archives he was regarded with as much respect as Tuxlar.
I used to think SEN was run by Bolt Head before I joined here ... :P I don't really know why I thought that.

Oh man old SEN ... Warhammer40000 shouting "..." (and when I finally surpassed his shout count and became top shouter!)
PekkelTheDuck (and his ridiculous welcome message), TheOddAngel (just remembered green name in the shoutbox when I joined ... other than that I have no idea), ... trying to think of more names. ... PCFredZ, Wilhelm, Devlin and that monopoly map ... Whatever happened to that guy? :P
I remember most these names, but I don't remember the people.

JordanN lolwut

EDIT
o this is fun. My first post was in the monopoly thread being like UM, YA I ALREADY HAVE ONE THAT'S *ALMOST* DONE.
"I plan to finish mine... Why would i start it, and get so far, and just leave it? I don't do things that way. If i had very little done, i wudnt work on it... but i have much done so i have to finish it. And i plan to. " And I didn't. I never touched it before, and just sorta looked at it after.
And Devlin lovingly responded: "That's lovely, but I don't think anyone cares. This thread afterall is for our map (mine and D_Scypher's), not yours." I'm so glad I didn't respond to that, otherwise I'd be embarrassed of my former self.

14-year-old-me seems kinda like a dumb.

Post has been edited 3 time(s), last time on Apr 17 2012, 11:56 am by FaRTy1billion.

TinyMap2 - Latest in map compression! ( 7/09/14 - New build! )
EUD Action Enabler - Lightweight EUD/EPD support! (ChaosLauncher/MPQDraft support!)
EUDDB - topic - Help out by adding your EUDs! Or Submit reference files in the References tab!
MapSketch - New image->map generator!
EUDTrig - topic - Quickly and easily convert offsets to EUDs! (extended players supported)
SC2 Map Texture Mask Importer/Exporter - Edit texture placement in an image editor!
\:farty\: This page has been viewed [img]http://farty1billion.dyndns.org/Clicky.php?img.gif[/img] times!

Apr 17 2012, 3:31 pm Riney Post #23

Thigh high affectionado

Quote from O)FaRTy1billion[MM]
and that monopoly map ... Whatever happened to that guy? :P

Who Fritfrat? I saw him a week ago on here ;o

I remember it so fondly, I had the 3rd most popular map discussion on UMS Production, with Crecent Dyne (LUL) and Monopoly above me.

Riney#6948 on Discord.
Riney on Steam (Steam)
@RineyCat on Twitter

-- Updated as of December 2021 --

Apr 17 2012, 5:18 pm DevliN Post #24

OVERWATCH STATUS GO

Quote from O)FaRTy1billion[MM]
o this is fun. My first post was in the monopoly thread being like UM, YA I ALREADY HAVE ONE THAT'S *ALMOST* DONE.
"I plan to finish mine... Why would i start it, and get so far, and just leave it? I don't do things that way. If i had very little done, i wudnt work on it... but i have much done so i have to finish it. And i plan to. " And I didn't. I never touched it before, and just sorta looked at it after.
And Devlin lovingly responded: "That's lovely, but I don't think anyone cares. This thread afterall is for our map (mine and D_Scypher's), not yours." I'm so glad I didn't respond to that, otherwise I'd be embarrassed of my former self.

14-year-old-me seems kinda like a dumb.
God, that guy's a dick. :awesome: If I remember correctly, you weren't the only one I responded to like that as well. I think there were a few people who also talked about making their own versions, and I just equated that with basically hijacking my map's thread and got super defensive. Or there were a ton of people posting methods for things that we already figured out how to do, making it redundant. I could have been nicer about it all though. :(

Quote from DevliN
I may seem like an ass throughout this topic, but we do appreciate the comments very much and we're glad to see so many people interested in this map. I was just getting annoyed that people would tell us what to do as if it was their map and not ours. So please guys, don't take it personally.

EDIT2:
Quote from Riney
Who Fritfrat? I saw him a week ago on here ;o
I still think that unless I was working on that map on a PC (those were the days when I did all my mapping on a Mac), I never would have had the stamina to finish it. Fritfrat was a godsend for taking that project over. :wub:

EDIT3:
Quote from Xx.Doom.xX
DEVLIN FOR ADMINN!!!
Posted by Xx.Doom.xX on 2006-10-03 at 07:31:27
Posted before I was a mod, in a thread IP made about how a monetary donation from me helped keep SEN up that month. I think it was meant to be. :awesome:

Post has been edited 4 time(s), last time on Apr 17 2012, 6:10 pm by DevliN.

My Overwatch addiction.

Apr 18 2012, 12:31 am IskatuMesk Post #25

Lord of the Locker Room

Quote from Oh_Man
Merge die what's the difference. The site shut down and everyone had to move over here. It was for the best though, they were basically just sister sites. No point splitting up the already small community.

Site politics are the only politics that interest me. They interest me because I always wonder how drama and politics make it into a site/community that is intended to be driven entirely by custom content and not by personal gain, especially when there's no kind of personal gain to be had from being a mod/admin in such a site. So, when I look back at the last ten years of endless drama that the sites I was a part of, I find it infinitely hilarious how such things happen in the first place. But it isn't just Bluzzard's community that is plagued with these problems, but most communities in custom content.

Show them your butt, and when you do, slap it so it creates a sound akin to a chorus of screaming spider monkeys flogging a chime with cacti. Only then can you find your destiny at the tip of the shaft.

Apr 18 2012, 12:39 am Jack Post #26

>be faceless void >mfw I have no face

Quote from IskatuMesk
Quote from Oh_Man

Site politics are the only politics that interest me. They interest me because I always wonder how drama and politics make it into a site/community that is intended to be driven entirely by custom content and not by personal gain, especially when there's no kind of personal gain to be had from being a mod/admin in such a site. So, when I look back at the last ten years of endless drama that the sites I was a part of, I find it infinitely hilarious how such things happen in the first place. But it isn't just Bluzzard's community that is plagued with these problems, but most communities in custom content.
I think it's people in general, not just communities with custom content.

Red classic.

"In short, their absurdities are so extreme that it is painful even to quote them."

Apr 18 2012, 12:43 am IskatuMesk Post #27

Lord of the Locker Room

Yes. But it always astounds me how it's those people that manage to get into a position to damage the communities in the first place.

/e

Let's take SA for example. The Death Kneel was Magic misjudging a 16 year old he put in charge when he went off to unfuck his IRL. As it turns out, that 16 year old (Xaran) went on an insane power binge and destroyed the site along with two of his butt buddies. Three-quarters of the forum's then-surviving populace fucked off because of them. I got banned for telling him he should give staff news posting rights. Then, when Magic came back and "punched him over the internet", I got to read the Staff forums and it was all sorts of hilarious.

I get the impression SEN avoided a lot of stuff like this, but the whole maplantis incident is still a lesson to be learned from, I think.

Post has been edited 2 time(s), last time on Apr 18 2012, 1:08 am by IskatuMesk.

Show them your butt, and when you do, slap it so it creates a sound akin to a chorus of screaming spider monkeys flogging a chime with cacti. Only then can you find your destiny at the tip of the shaft.

Apr 18 2012, 1:27 am Roy Post #28

An artist's depiction of an Extended Unit Death

Aw, fuck. I looked through really quickly when this was posted to make sure there weren't any embarrassing posts from 14-year-old me and was relieved that I couldn't find anything. Then today I looked at the very top of the UMS Assistance forum...
Quote from R0y-
I'm not one to normally ask questions, but I can't seem to do this one.
Quote from R0y-
If there is a way ... which I highly doubt ...
Quote from R0y-
I failed to find one, so here I am :D
(Yes, Roy, R0y, and Roy- were all taken when I signed up.)

Mapmaking ego the size of the Koprulu Sector. Thank goodness I didn't do that when v5 came around...
Quote from Roy
And here is my official surrender.
Quote from Roy
I figured you'd say that...
Quote from Roy
Eh
Quote from Roy
Eh
Quote from Roy
Eh
Quote from Roy
Eh
... I was an egotistical Canadian when we rolled out to v5, it seems. I'm done looking at my past, thank you.

Though I do distinctly remember having a link to that Graaaagh! It's a zombie! site disguised as a link to creating animated gifs. One of the mods fell for it and decided to make my name hot pink for about a week because of it. If anyone stumbles upon that story, that would be some enjoyable nostalgia for me.

Apr 18 2012, 2:00 am DevliN Post #29

OVERWATCH STATUS GO

I made your name hot pink for a short while, but that was pretty recent I thought.

My Overwatch addiction.

Apr 18 2012, 2:02 am IskatuMesk Post #30

Lord of the Locker Room

I want a hot pink name. :\ I don't post nearly enough for that, though.

Apr 18 2012, 2:16 am Roy Post #31

An artist's depiction of an Extended Unit Death

Quote from DevliN
I made your name hot pink for a short while, but that was pretty recent I thought.
It was you?! :wub: It felt like forever ago (though now that you mention it, I think I commandeered the name Roy by that time). All I remember is whenever someone asked why my name was pink and I explained it, the next post would be something like, "Screw you, SEN staff! You suck! Also, I really hate the color blue! Haha, whatcha gonna do?"

Apr 18 2012, 8:54 am O)FaRTy1billion[MM] Post #32

👻 👾 👽 💪

lol@Roy, it was pinned as an example of what not to do. :lol:

TinyMap2 - Latest in map compression! ( 7/09/14 - New build! )
EUD Action Enabler - Lightweight EUD/EPD support! (ChaosLauncher/MPQDraft support!)
EUDDB - topic - Help out by adding your EUDs! Or Submit reference files in the References tab!
MapSketch - New image->map generator!
EUDTrig - topic - Quickly and easily convert offsets to EUDs! (extended players supported)
SC2 Map Texture Mask Importer/Exporter - Edit texture placement in an image editor!
\:farty\: This page has been viewed [img]http://farty1billion.dyndns.org/Clicky.php?img.gif[/img] times!

Apr 18 2012, 9:51 am DevliN Post #33

OVERWATCH STATUS GO

Quote from Roy
Quote from DevliN
It was you?! :wub: It felt like forever ago (though now that you mention it, I think I commandeered the name Roy by that time).
Turns out I was thinking of http://www.staredit.net/?p=shoutbox&view=1694 and after that shout I changed your color to hot pink. I have no idea who did it the first time. :><:

My Overwatch addiction.

Apr 20 2012, 7:13 pm CaptainWill Post #34

Quote from Oh_Man

Also can someone tell me who Bolt Head is and what his maps are?
According to these archives he was regarded with as much respect as Tuxlar.

As Moose and others have said or implied, Bolt Head was one of the best mappers of his generation. House of the Haunted was featured at pretty much every SEN Map Night back in the day, and lots of public games as well. It was really bloody hard.

Bolt, Tux and Moose were probably the most famous mappers here at SEN. Other places had Panzer Dragoon (pretty sure sure there was a mapper called this) and of course we had the (in)famous DrunkenWrestler. To be honest out of all the maps that came out of SEN, one of his is probably the most well-known.

None.

Apr 20 2012, 8:09 pm Azrael Post #35

Quote from CaptainWill
Panzer Dragoon

Panzer Dragoon was the name of a video game.

Panzer_Kavalier was the name of a SC mapper.

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on Aug 11 2012, 11:10 pm by Azrael.

Apr 23 2012, 6:53 pm Oh_Man Post #36

Find Me On Discord (Brood War UMS Community & Staredit Network)

What are some good maps by DrunkenWrestler and Moose?

As for Panzer_Kavalier, I think he has to be the most well-known SC mapper of all time. Of course, he was also an 'ancient' mapper in that most of his stuff was done before SCMDraft, EUDs, and many other innovations.

Apr 25 2012, 5:56 am Moose Post #37

We live in a society.

My maps?

- Temple Siege
- Hungry Hungry Hydras
- Armored Core
- Überena (This map was hugely popular at SEN many years ago, but I'm afraid it's a bit dated by now.)
- Probert the Probe I, II, and III (I should upload these, but they're also dated.)
- Teh Seekers (I should upload this.)
- Last Dawn (Also dated, maybe I should upload it.)
- Many other less notable maps. (Maybe I should upload some of them.)

Apr 25 2012, 2:31 pm Excalibur Post #38

The sword and the faith

Moose a few maps were called Last Dawn, which was yours?

SEN Global Moderator and Resident Zealot
-------------------------
The sword and the faith.

:ex:
Sector 12
My stream, live PC building and tech discussion.

Apr 25 2012, 11:08 pm Moose Post #39

We live in a society.

Quote from Excalibur
Moose a few maps were called Last Dawn, which was yours?
The first Last Dawn was one I made in 2003-2004. That and the updated Last Dawn [SE] and its later re-updated and released form, Last Dawn -- Reincarnation were the versions spread most. Last Dawn II was a larger project that I was working on in 2003; it was not completed and not very widely released in testing. Last Dawn - Overloaded was a map I worked on from 2003 to 2004; it was a weird (but fun) map that was not spread much, either. All of those have my name in the mission description and probably a bunch of other places inside the map. I would be surprised if many people (besides me, I have all of them) nowadays actually had copies of Last Dawn II or Last Dawn -- Overloaded.

Aug 11 2012, 11:12 pm Azrael Post #40

Quote from Mini Moose 2707
Quote from Azrael
Quote from Mini Moose 2707
I may or not may not tweak it to make more information from v4 accessible and displayed

Like the member list? :D
Yes, that was one reason I wanted to have the database in a readable form.

What's the current word on this? ^^

Options
Pages: < 1 2 3 >
  Back to forum