Staredit Network > Forums > Null > Topic: Mysterium Mansion
Mysterium Mansion
Apr 4 2011, 1:15 pm
By: OlimarandLouie
Pages: < 1 2 3 4 56 >

Apr 8 2011, 6:49 pm Voyager7456 Post #41

Responsible for my own happiness? I can't even be responsible for my own breakfast

Quote from Fire_Kame
I'm here Roy. Consider me Chaotic Stupid.

I love Mr.Welsh.

Making a player cry is not a sign that I am a good GM.
HERESY

all i am is a contrary canary
but i'm crazy for you
i watched you cradling a tissue box
sneezing and sniffling, you were still a fox

Modding Resources: The Necromodicon [WIP] | Mod Night
My Projects: SCFC | ARAI | Excision [WIP] | SCFC2 [BETA] | Robots vs. Humans | Leviathan Wakes [BETA]

Apr 12 2011, 3:00 am OlimarandLouie Post #42

Quote from OlimarandLouie
***DAY 4, GAME OVER***

Final Votecount

Riney -> Artanis186 (3)
Raccoon -> Artanis186
Raitaki -> FaZ- (2)
Derqua -> FaZ-
FaZ- -> Artanis186

Up for lynching: Artanis186

Those not accounted for: Norm, Artanis186

The events detailing the execution of Artanis186 are in the 24-minute video link posted below.

http://www.viddler.com/explore/nzgmediefag/videos/12/

"This is unacceptable."
He stormed out of the main hall, having just received word from His experiment. He sprinted to the control room, pushing all others out of the way.
"I brought them here for a grand experiment. All they have brought Me is complete and utter FAILURE."
Having set foot into the control room, He looked at the screens.
"...Idiots... I'll see what I can salvage."
He looked at those currently still alive, then picked up a comm.
"Apprehend the test subjects immediately." He said.
"Yes sir, and we've also obtained some new subjects." said a voice on the other end of the comm.
"Excellent. They all will take part in the Second Experiment."

----------------------------------------------------------------

More to follow (Activity checks time)

None.

Apr 12 2011, 4:12 am Fire_Kame Post #43

wth is starcraft

What the hell is an activity check?

Apr 12 2011, 9:58 am OlimarandLouie Post #44

Quote from Fire_Kame
What the hell is an activity check?
^ This

To make sure you are here and are not going to afk during the game.

None.

Apr 12 2011, 11:39 am poison_us Post #45

Back* from the grave

You, there, hooker, you get your own storyline I say!

Apr 12 2011, 1:37 pm Fire_Kame Post #46

wth is starcraft

Day 4. Wat.

Apr 12 2011, 9:30 pm Observer12425 Post #47

Olimar - what kind of benefits do we get for cooperating (or not)? Loveless will be the first to die.
On a completely unrelated note, what if we were to specifically target the throat of an individual in another room, or try something completely impossible like blasting a hole in a wall with a tin can or throat-knifing someone through a closed window or ninja jumping into knife kills or dodging bullets or throwing bullets with lethal force? Will either of those (potentially) fail to execute?

None.

Apr 12 2011, 9:51 pm poison_us Post #48

Back* from the grave

Dodging bullets, throwing a knife through glass, and throwing lethal bullets seem a little OP. Needs nerf.

Apr 12 2011, 9:57 pm OlimarandLouie Post #49

Quote from Observer12425
Olimar - what kind of benefits do we get for cooperating (or not)? Loveless will be the first to die.
On a completely unrelated note, what if we were to specifically target the throat of an individual in another room, or try something completely impossible like blasting a hole in a wall with a tin can or throat-knifing someone through a closed window or ninja jumping into knife kills or dodging bullets or throwing bullets with lethal force? Will either of those (potentially) fail to execute?
You are limited to what is possible in real life. If you tried to blast a hole in the wall with a tin can, you would stand with a determined face, pushing the tin can against the wall like an idiot. :awesome:

If you tried to kill a person in another room, common sense would say that you would have to walk there first, thus taking up your movement for the turn. If that person is still in there, you will kill them (unless they wanted to "Be Alert and don't die" or something)

Pros and cons of cooperation will be revealed when the game actually starts.

None.

Apr 16 2011, 2:35 am OlimarandLouie Post #50

BOOOOOOOOM

You awake to the sound of thunder to find yourself in what appears to be a foyer. You look around and see several other people in the room with you. You also notice some items scattered about the room. You begin to stand up, when a voice from nowhere says

"Welcome everyone, to my humble abode. Now, before anyone gets skittish, I would like them to read the note I posted on main entrance."

You, along with everyone else, walk to the southern double doors with the large paper attached to it. The paper reads:

DON'T PANIC

You are currently safe. This will change however, if you decide to open these doors. Now don't think that this is a goad to get you to open them, this is a legitimate warning. I promise you that you and possibly others will die if you open these doors.

Now onto why you are here. Your objective is to escape alive. This may seem contradictory to my above statement, but that is indeed why you are here. An "Escape the room" game but on a larger scale, for comparison. However... there are certain... "tips" that I suggest you follow if you wish to live.
  • Don't rush blindly into a room. You might regret it.
  • When I said "escape" I mean to find a safe escape route. Leaving this place through more conventional means will result in your untimely demise, though not by my hand.
  • You may work together if you wish, but you are not obligated to. Teamwork obviously means that you can be rescued if you need help, among other things that can easily be inferred. If you run off alone, you get to keep everything you find, nobody is slowing you down, etc.
  • Tricks, traps, and possibly monsters are present throughout this house.
  • No trap is inescapable, except for a select few. For those ones, I have placed some warnings for you all a safe distance from them.
  • These doors are quite durable, so don't try to break them down. You'll just waste time. There are, however, multiple keys to locked doors, in case one gets lost.
  • Perhaps most importantly of all: Do not ever turn off all the lights in a room. If you dare do so... God help you.

As a show of good faith, I have hidden partial maps of the estate throughout the entire manor. Here is the map of this room's first floor, according to where you all were when you woke up. Study it well.

Good luck.

You look the others, wondering who is a friend, and who is a foe.

Game Start

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on Apr 16 2011, 2:02 pm by OlimarandLouie.

None.

Apr 16 2011, 2:41 am DevliN Post #51

OVERWATCH STATUS GO

What is the deadline for actions?

\:devlin\: Currently Working On: \:devlin\:
My Overwatch addiction.

Apr 16 2011, 2:56 am OlimarandLouie Post #52

Quote from DevliN
What is the deadline for actions?
Knew I was forgetting something :-_-:

April 20th, 11:59 pm

None.

Apr 16 2011, 4:59 am Roy Post #53

An artist's depiction of an Extended Unit Death

Oh, this started? The topic description says it's still about to begin.

Here's my actions, Olimar:

If anyone attacks me, avoid their attack in the most appropriate manner. If they are recovering from their attack, kick, punch or use a weapon against their most vulnerable area, whichever seems most appropriate. If they faked an attack or quickly recover, be prepared to dodge another one of their attacks.

If I am in danger, avoid getting injured in the manner most appropriate for the situation (i.e. running away if a monster is coming towards me, jumping if a blade tries to cut off my legs, etc.).

If the item near me looks safe to grab, obtain it in the safest manner possible. Otherwise, announce to the room that the item is not safe to grab.

If someone asks me a question, answer to the best of my knowledge.

If I have actions to spare, think about who I am, how I got here, what I remember before waking up, and why I would end up in this situation.

I can PM this to you if you won't accept it here.

Apr 16 2011, 5:14 pm poison_us Post #54

Back* from the grave

I just want to throw this out here: I'm likely going to use a large majority of the same actions, and a shitton of "if" statements. You're going to hate me. I already know I dislike "if" users :awesome:

Apr 16 2011, 5:30 pm Raitaki Post #55

Quote from poison_us
I just want to throw this out here: I'm likely going to use a large majority of the same actions, and a shitton of "if" statements. You're going to hate me. I already know I dislike "if" users :awesome:
You're welcome pois :kame:

None.

Apr 16 2011, 5:39 pm Fire_Kame Post #56

wth is starcraft

Roy's post seems to be a good catch-all for anything that might happen. How boring. :-_-:

Apr 16 2011, 6:21 pm poison_us Post #57

Back* from the grave

Quote from Raitaki
Quote from poison_us
My welcome? It's not you that did that.

Apr 16 2011, 8:44 pm Roy Post #58

An artist's depiction of an Extended Unit Death

Quote from Fire_Kame
Roy's post seems to be a good catch-all for anything that might happen. How boring. :-_-:
It's actually nowhere near comprehensive. I just think it will allow me to survive the first room.

Quote from poison_us
Quote from Raitaki
Quote from poison_us
I'm welcome? It's not you that did that.
Fixed that for you. At least I keep things somewhat organized for you when I submit actions.

Apr 16 2011, 9:01 pm poison_us Post #59

Back* from the grave

Quote from Roy
Quote from Fire_Kame
It's actually nowhere near comprehensive. I just think it will allow me to survive the first room.

Quote from poison_us
Quote from Raitaki
Quote from poison_us
I'm welcome? It's not you that did that.
Fixed that for you. At least I keep things somewhat organized for you when I submit actions.
You do. And thanks, I had a random brain fart.

Apr 17 2011, 3:50 pm Fire_Kame Post #60

wth is starcraft

I guess I should wander around, searching for flashlights, lanterns, candles or firesticks - anything portable that might provide light later on if needed, and take them all. Then I should make some alliances. I guess I should find RaiRai or DevliN. They seem to be the only two people here that like me. :-(

But you know, I should be using my head and watch for traps. Like, if DevliN is standing in a propped open box I shouldn't go over to him. Or if a string is tired to a candle, I'll leave it there. :awesome:

Options
Pages: < 1 2 3 4 56 >
  Back to forum