Staredit Network > Forums > Null > Topic: Do you have a Girlfriend/Boyfriend
Do you have a Girlfriend/Boyfriend
Jan 12 2012, 10:58 pm
By: MillenniumArmy
Pages: < 1 « 4 5 6

Jan 16 2012, 7:34 am MillenniumArmy Post #101

Quote from Fire_Kame
...if my boyfriend and I ever broke up I wouldn't want to become reliant on someone again, and I wouldn't want to see them all the time. Is that weird?
Funny, my mom said something like this the other day. She said it's because a woman spends so much years with her significant other and as a result has to cater to him and get use to his ways/habits/life. Having to readjust to a different man, especially at an old age takes too much effort... or something like that... you would probably understand it more than I would.

None.

Jan 16 2012, 7:45 am Sacrieur Post #102

Still Napping

Quote from CecilSunkure
Quote from Sacrieur
People's need for social interaction bewilders me.
Online games count as social interaction :P

On the internet we're alone together, so it works out.

None.

Jan 16 2012, 8:27 am MillenniumArmy Post #103

None.

Jan 16 2012, 2:37 pm poison_us Post #104

Back* from the grave

Quote from LoveLess
I can show you how to hump without making love.
The way you look at me, I can tell that you're a freak.

Jan 16 2012, 4:14 pm Moose Post #105

We live in a society.

Quote from Fire_Kame
Quote from Mini Moose 2707
Quote from ClansAreForGays
I keep her by faking confidence. It's also helpful, mentally, to always try to keep talking to as many girls as possible - so you can actually resist the urge to text her every ten seconds, because confidence can only be faked so far.
You're allowed to tell your significant other that you actually care about them and want to be around them a lot. This usually works out well when you're serious about it. Unless she would think it's weird that her boyfriend is actually very interested in her, which is stupid.

at CAFG: cute :3c
Moosey: I'll be Frank...if my boyfriend and I ever broke up I wouldn't want to become reliant on someone again, and I wouldn't want to see them all the time. Is that weird?

Also a little confidence goes a looooong way. Even if its self deprecating self confidence.
No, that isn't weird. When CAFG said "I keep her", I took this to mean that they're still together. If you break up with someone, they aren't your significant other, so what I said wouldn't apply.

Jan 18 2012, 8:39 am Azrael Post #106

I think "them" was referring to "someone" :kame:

Jan 18 2012, 2:19 pm MadZombie Post #107

thread is full of cute :3

None.

Jan 18 2012, 4:26 pm OlimarandLouie Post #108

Quote from Lanthanide
Quote from name:Azrael.Wrath
So basically, for the entirety of your life, you never want to be in a single relationship if you think it's likely to end eventually?
Good christian marriages are supposed to be "until death do us part", which rather puts a damper on any relationships Jack could have if he is striving for that ideal.

Yet another reason why slavishly sticking to a religious code ends up sucking a lot of fun (and learning opportunities) out of life.

Marriages in my church end in "for all of eternity" instead of "until death do us part", which I support (to a degree). Then again, most Mormon pplz don't divorce.

None.

Jan 19 2012, 4:36 am O)FaRTy1billion[MM] Post #109

👻 👾 👽 💪

Quote from OlimarandLouie
Quote from Lanthanide
Quote from name:Azrael.Wrath
So basically, for the entirety of your life, you never want to be in a single relationship if you think it's likely to end eventually?
Good christian marriages are supposed to be "until death do us part", which rather puts a damper on any relationships Jack could have if he is striving for that ideal.

Yet another reason why slavishly sticking to a religious code ends up sucking a lot of fun (and learning opportunities) out of life.

Marriages in my church end in "for all of eternity" instead of "until death do us part", which I support (to a degree).
I thought that was if you got married in the temple.

TinyMap2 - Latest in map compression! ( 7/09/14 - New build! )
EUD Action Enabler - Lightweight EUD/EPD support! (ChaosLauncher/MPQDraft support!)
EUDDB - topic - Help out by adding your EUDs! Or Submit reference files in the References tab!
MapSketch - New image->map generator!
EUDTrig - topic - Quickly and easily convert offsets to EUDs! (extended players supported)
SC2 Map Texture Mask Importer/Exporter - Edit texture placement in an image editor!
\:farty\: This page has been viewed [img]http://farty1billion.dyndns.org/Clicky.php?img.gif[/img] times!

Jan 24 2012, 5:20 pm ClansAreForGays Post #110

Quote from Mini Moose 2707
I keep her by faking confidence. It's also helpful, mentally, to always try to keep talking to as many girls as possible - so you can actually resist the urge to text her every ten seconds, because confidence can only be faked so far.
You're allowed to tell your significant other that you actually care about them and want to be around them a lot. This usually works out well when you're serious about it. Unless she would think it's weird that her boyfriend is actually very interested in her, which is stupid.
It is stupid. I won't argue that it should logically follow that if you like someone, you should want to be around them alot. I will argue that women (and men, in different ways) don't work that way. If you show nothing but love (or nothing but hate) to someone, they will distance themselves from you.

Jan 25 2012, 3:06 am Moose Post #111

We live in a society.

It is stupid. I won't argue that it should logically follow that if you like someone, you should want to be around them alot. I will argue that women (and men, in different ways) don't work that way. If you show nothing but love (or nothing but hate) to someone, they will distance themselves from you.
Yeah, that is true in most cases. Maybe someone has trust issues. Maybe someone was abused. Maybe someone has emotional scars. Maybe they're afraid of the fact that they can love someone so much. Maybe they're scared that the love won't be returned. Maybe they're afraid that someone actually can love them totally for who they are. It's a tough thing to have a truly mature heart and maybe nobody even reaches 100%, but there are some who can get pretty close.

Jan 25 2012, 3:35 am TiKels Post #112

In my opinion it's a matter of sexual tension. Remove the tension, remove the interest. If you give yourself to the other person on a silver platter, you become obtainable and boring. Or maybe that's not what you're talking about. Meh I feel like the concept still applies.

"If a topic that clearly interest noone needs to be closed to underline the "we don't want this here" message, is up to debate."

-NudeRaider

Jan 25 2012, 6:40 am DT_Battlekruser Post #113

I feel like if you're still approaching it like a game, you're not sincere. One night stands and serious relationships are not that same thing, contrary to popular belief.

None.

Jan 25 2012, 12:48 pm poison_us Post #114

Back* from the grave

Quote from TiKels
In my opinion it's a matter of sexual tension. Remove the tension, remove the interest. If you give yourself to the other person on a silver platter, you become obtainable and boring. Or maybe that's not what you're talking about. Meh I feel like the concept still applies.
Not all relationships focus around sex/sexual tension/gratification. Not sure if it's because you're still in high school or what but trust me when I say the best relationships consider sex a natural product of the relationship, not a necessary building block to the foundation of the relationship.

But meh, maybe that's just the "nice" part of me talking.

Options
Pages: < 1 « 4 5 6
  Back to forum