Aug 31 2011, 1:58 pm
By: Roy
Pages: < 1 2 3 427 >

Aug 31 2011, 10:12 pm DevliN Post #21

OVERWATCH STATUS GO

Quote from name:Cardinal
Quote from Roy
Quote from name:Cardinal
(although I think the Mafia has a bit too much killing power)
That's an interesting opinion. In a basic game of Mafia, every Mafia role is a killing power. Keep in mind that it's rather unlikely that all of them will be in play.
Well, the Framer can potentially score a kill if his target is investigated - and it could be easy to identify who is most likely to be investigated (through role-claims or suspicious behaviour).
The Witch can just as equally have potential to kill a target provided they are visited.
And there will always be a hitman who is able to knock out anyone he or she so pleases - provided they do not dodge/or are protected.
The witch & the hitman can easily collaborate to almost guarantee a hit each and every night.

I don't know - but I do like it.
You should see Roy's first Mafia game with these roles. It didn't seem too bad then. I think it'll be fine again this time.

\:devlin\: Currently Working On: \:devlin\:
My Overwatch addiction.

Aug 31 2011, 10:57 pm Wing Zero Post #22

Magic box god; Suck it Corbo

I thought I made it clear that I'm always in... This is gonna be fun :wtfawesome:

Aug 31 2011, 11:02 pm Roy Post #23

An artist's depiction of an Extended Unit Death

Quote from Mp)HellFire
put me in
Don't forget to get a non-default avatar, or else you may get the dead bodies role.

Aug 31 2011, 11:19 pm NicholasBeige Post #24

Quote from Roy
Quote from Mp)HellFire
put me in
Don't forget to get a non-default avatar, or else you may get the dead bodies role.
I didn't see the 'Comedian' role, Roy. :disgust:

None.

Aug 31 2011, 11:27 pm Jack Post #25

>be faceless void >mfw I have no face

/in

Red classic.

"In short, their absurdities are so extreme that it is painful even to quote them."

Aug 31 2011, 11:55 pm Vrael Post #26

I'll play if there are (not including Townie and Mafia) no more than 1/5th as many roles as players.

None.

Aug 31 2011, 11:56 pm Azrael Post #27

Quote from Vrael
I'll play if there are (not including Townie and Mafia) no more than 1/5th as many roles as players.

Why would that matter? He doesn't reveal roles upon death.

Sep 1 2011, 12:09 am Raitaki Post #28

Quote from Vrael
So for a 20 players round, you'd only play if there are 4 roles? :|

None.

Sep 1 2011, 12:12 am TiKels Post #29

Gogogo sign me

"If a topic that clearly interest noone needs to be closed to underline the "we don't want this here" message, is up to debate."

-NudeRaider

Sep 1 2011, 12:30 am Echo Post #30

Please someone do it baby signing me up

None.

Sep 1 2011, 12:32 am Roy Post #31

Quote from Vrael
That's probably not going to happen. The reason I include so many roles is due to the setup of my game (whereas others that try to employ several roles run into issues). I'll keep you off the list, but thanks for showing interest. You should wait for someone to host another "Classic Mafia" game like Leeroy did a while ago.

Sep 1 2011, 4:03 am Observer12425 Post #32

OBSCURE RULE TIME!

Changes the role of one mafia member to Hitman, including himself.
Does that mean that the Godfather becomes a hitman IN ADDITION to his target, or merely that the godfather himself is a valid target for this ability?

None.

Sep 1 2011, 5:03 am Azrael Post #33

I would assume it means that the Godfather is a valid target, since it gives players additional strategy, which seems to be one of Roy's focuses. In the case the Godfather is able to use it, he has the option of removing a Mafia power role or the Mafia's ability to create more Hitmen. In most instances, he will choose the former, but there are situations in which he may want to keep the remaining Mafia powers and give up his own.

Sep 1 2011, 1:11 pm Roy Post #34

Quote from Observer12425
OBSCURE RULE TIME!

Changes the role of one mafia member to Hitman, including himself.
Does that mean that the Godfather becomes a hitman IN ADDITION to his target, or merely that the godfather himself is a valid target for this ability?
I don't believe that to be obscure at all. It clearly says "one mafia member"; if he changed someone and himself, that would be a total of two, which is not allowed.

If you were asking if he loses his other abilities when he uses it on himself: yes, he does. Detectives will find him guilty and he can no longer promote other members.

Promote can be used so that mafia continue to have night hits, even if only the Godfather, Lawyer, Framer and Hooker were alive, because the Godfather can turn one of them into a Hitman.

I'm going to put the sign-up deadline to be Sunday 22:00 EDT. At that point, I'll send out activity checks.

Sep 1 2011, 4:23 pm Riney Post #35

Thigh high affectionado

Wouldnt it have been more clear in the first place had you just put

"Changes the role of one mafia member, including himself, to Hitman"? :P

Riney#6948 on Discord.
Riney on Steam (Steam)
@RineyCat on Twitter

-- Updated as of December 2021 --

Sep 1 2011, 5:09 pm Roy Post #36

Quote from Riney

That can be read the same way. I guess I can be ridiculously verbose, though.

Sep 1 2011, 6:04 pm poison_us Post #37

Back* from the grave

Quote from Riney

To me that makes it sound like he changes the mafia member AND himself to Hitman.

Sep 1 2011, 6:30 pm Observer12425 Post #38

<.< *snip* >.>
(Wow, that IS wordy)

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on Sep 1 2011, 6:38 pm by Observer12425.

None.

Sep 1 2011, 6:32 pm Azrael Post #39

He already updated the role list to clarify it.

Sep 2 2011, 12:54 am OlimarandLouie Post #40

This is my face

In

None.

Options
Pages: < 1 2 3 427 >
  Back to forum