Sep 24 2011, 6:50 pm Echo Post #521

Miller has like no point.

None.

Sep 24 2011, 7:24 pm Roy Post #522

An artist's depiction of an Extended Unit Death

Quote from Echo
Miller has like no point.
It's like it was made for you.

Miller has the same purpose as Townsperson, just with an added risk if the Detective investigates them. I think it would be more fun to have that role instead of just a regular townie.

Sep 25 2011, 12:12 am DevliN Post #523

OVERWATCH STATUS GO

The one nice thing about not having a power role as a Townie is that you have nothing to lose. I'm sure that's why I was left alive for as long as I was, since shadow knew I wasn't a threat power-wise.

The more I think about this game, the more I actually sort of liked it. Clues are definitely fun to figure out, but I had a more interesting time trying to convince people that TiKels and Cardinal were Mafia (regardless of what Azrael was saying) through my own extensive analysis of voting patterns. I guess if the original point of the game is behavioral analysis, then this one was a success. A majority of what we based things on was behavior.

\:devlin\: Currently Working On: \:devlin\:
My Overwatch addiction.

Sep 25 2011, 12:38 am TiKels Post #524

This made me realize that as long as I'm mafia, I need to be sporadic and unpredictable.

Actually, scratch that, that's always a good plan.

"If a topic that clearly interest noone needs to be closed to underline the "we don't want this here" message, is up to debate."

-NudeRaider

Sep 25 2011, 2:06 am DevliN Post #525

OVERWATCH STATUS GO

Quote from TiKels
This made me realize that as long as I'm mafia, I need to be sporadic and unpredictable.

Actually, scratch that, that's always a good plan.
Yeah, that's always a good plan. In this case, you and Card seemed so adamant about lynching Tempz that it seemed odd. In my experience on Mafia side, it is usually better to not try to vote as a group or anything like that, until you know you can successfully bandwagon someone without all Mafia voting for that person. Otherwise it seems a little suspicious.

My Overwatch addiction.

Sep 25 2011, 2:40 am TiKels Post #526

I was trying to vote as inconspicuously as possible, which, for the most part, worked. (Only?) you noticed.

"If a topic that clearly interest noone needs to be closed to underline the "we don't want this here" message, is up to debate."

-NudeRaider

Sep 25 2011, 3:33 am Azrael Post #527

Quote from TiKels
I was trying to vote as inconspicuously as possible, which, for the most part, worked. (Only?) you noticed.

http://www.staredit.net/?p=shoutbox&view=1419

Trying to vote inconspicuously is what gave away your role :P

I think the best strategy is to try to act the way you would if you were Town. As for voting, you should try not to vote with a Mafia bandwagon at the beginning, and you should make sure not to consistently vote in lockstep with other Mafia members.

Sep 25 2011, 9:54 am DevliN Post #528

OVERWATCH STATUS GO

I didn't think it was all that inconspicuous as both he and Cardinal voted the exact same way each day (including switching votes, and in one case not switching at all after everyone else did). Unless the "inconspicuous" part is claiming to vote for someone for no reason or the lulz, in which case I find that even more suspicious. :P

I also did notice that Cardinal was the more aggressive voter, and he seemed to follow along, so your conclusion about his role definitely seemed sound.

I apologize in advance if any of this needs clarification. I've been out drinking all night and just got home. If no one sees this, and no clarification is necessary, then all is well. Booyah.

My Overwatch addiction.

Sep 25 2011, 6:15 pm Azrael Post #529

I didn't say it was actually inconspicuous, just that he was trying to be inconspicuous ^^

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on Sep 25 2011, 6:20 pm by Azrael.Wrath.

Sep 26 2011, 2:53 am Tempz Post #530

So... who is hosting the next game.

None.

Sep 26 2011, 6:05 am Riney Post #531

Thigh high affectionado

When suddenly, when all looked dim, and all hope was lost. From the shadows, came DM's Mafia

Naw Im just fucking with ya.

.riney on Discord.
Riney on Steam (Steam)
@RineyCat on Twitter

Sure I didn't pop off on SCBW like I wanted to, but I won VRChat. Map maker for life.

Sep 26 2011, 1:09 pm poison_us Post #532

Back* from the grave

In.

Naw I'm just fucking with ya.

Sep 26 2011, 8:16 pm TiKels Post #533

I say give raI a week more and if he doesn't, someone else should.

-NudeRaider

Options
Pages: < 1 « 25 26 27
  Back to forum