Staredit Network > Forums > Null > Topic: Post yer politics!
Post yer politics!
Apr 6 2010, 4:09 am
By: Jesusfreak  
Polls
What'd you get?
What'd you get?
Answer Votes Percentage % Voters
Far-right, far-up 1

5%
None.
Far-right, center-up 0

0%
None.
Far-right, center 0

0%
None.
Far-right, center-down 0

0%
None.
Far-right, far-down 0

0%
None.
Center-right, far-up 0

0%
None.
Center-right, center-up 0

0%
None.
Center-right, center 0

0%
None.
Center-right, center-down 1

5%
Center-right, far-down 1

5%
None.
Center, far-up 0

0%
None.
Center, center-up 1

5%
Center, center 3

15%
Center, center-down 1

5%
None.
Center, far-down 0

0%
None.
Center-left, far-up 0

0%
None.
Center-left, center-up 2

10%
None.
Center-left, center 0

0%
None.
Center-left, center-down 9

43%
Center-left, far-down 0

0%
None.
Far-left, far-up 0

0%
None.
Far-left, center-up 0

0%
None.
Far-left, center 0

0%
None.
Far-left, center-down 2

10%
Far-left, far-down 0

0%
None.
Please login to vote.
Poll has 21 votes. You can vote for at most 1 option(s).

Apr 6 2010, 4:09 am Jesusfreak Post #1

Someone in my other thread mentioned that I was using the archaic single-axis spectrum, which inspired me to make this thread. So hah, you get to listen to ANOTHER of my rants! (Actually, this is just more of a poll than a discussion :D)

http://www.politicalcompass.org/
This is the one most commonly used. However, I find it to be a bit slanted in a way that make the average person appear to be significantly to the left of the average politician. For example, I once had a self-proclaimed Conservative Reagan-Lover get approximately a -4 economic, 0 social score. Reagan, by my personal estimation (he wasn't an example listed) was at least an 8 economically, and a 6-8.5 socially. Either this poor person was duped into voting for the wrong party, or something's wacko.
While this example is annecdotal, keep it in mind. It gets less accurate if you're an authoritarian: You almost literally have to be a psychotic corporate fundamentalist to get into the authoritarian right. No, seriously, who's going to say that benefitting global corporations should take precedence over the general good for humanity (first question)?

Here's my score on it:

http://www.gotoquiz.com/politics/political-spectrum-quiz.html
This one, in my opinion, is less biased, although the results of others seem right-wing slanted (specifically, I was playing around with the demographic settings, and found that Republican women under the age of 18 in Missouri averaged slightly right and up of center. In other words, they were around where the average democrat should have been.)

Here's my results:

Note: These are fresh. I didn't have a pre-taken pic for this, so I had to retake the test so I could get you this. Actually, I do notice some changes: I've shifted noticably downward and left since I've last taken it. Surprising, since most of the changes I noticed on specific issues were leaning towards authoritarian...

None.

Apr 6 2010, 4:19 am Centreri Post #2

Relatively ancient and inactive

Economic Left/Right: -5.88
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: 3.64

Stalin's quadrant. :omfg:

None.

Apr 6 2010, 4:28 am O)FaRTy1billion[MM] Post #3

👻 👾 👽 💪

I'm near Ghandi and the Dalai Lama. :D
<3

I think I've moved a bit since I last took this. It used to be closer to the far corner.

TinyMap2 - Latest in map compression! ( 7/09/14 - New build! )
EUD Action Enabler - Lightweight EUD/EPD support! (ChaosLauncher/MPQDraft support!)
EUDDB - topic - Help out by adding your EUDs! Or Submit reference files in the References tab!
MapSketch - New image->map generator!
EUDTrig - topic - Quickly and easily convert offsets to EUDs! (extended players supported)
SC2 Map Texture Mask Importer/Exporter - Edit texture placement in an image editor!
\:farty\: This page has been viewed [img]http://farty1billion.dyndns.org/Clicky.php?img.gif[/img] times!

Apr 6 2010, 4:30 am Jesusfreak Post #4

Relax, Stalin was a bit more authoritarian than you. I've noticed that as you get more extreme, each block means more and more.

As an example, in the examples given on the political spectrum site, Sarah Palin is about 1.5 blocks away from Hitler on the authoritarian scale, but there's obviously significant difference between the two (we hope, at least!).

Similarly, there's a HUGE difference between a social libertarian like myself, and a total anarchist, but not as much between me and a social centrist.

None.

Apr 6 2010, 4:36 am DavidJCobb Post #5

Only a block's worth of difference on the x-axis! Whee, I'm consistent!

None.

Apr 6 2010, 5:50 am EzDay281 Post #6

Haha, I'm like, hugging Gandhi.

None.

Apr 6 2010, 6:22 am AngerIsAGift Post #7

None.

Apr 6 2010, 7:30 am SFSKabam Post #8

I win.

None.

Apr 6 2010, 8:25 am MasterJohnny Post #9

I do not think I moved very much.

I am a Mathematician

Apr 6 2010, 9:08 am JaFF Post #10

I've realized that set views on politics, God or society are meaningless. All I can say is that each coordinate on the plain can be the most effective solution to achieve some set goals and we should use whatever we think is the best compromise between practicality and morality.

None.

Apr 6 2010, 2:44 pm FoxWolf1 Post #11

It's lonely down here in the lower right...even on the charts of actual politicians, there aren't many in my quadrant. :(

None.

Apr 6 2010, 4:18 pm NudeRaider Post #12

We can't explain the universe, just describe it; and we don't know whether our theories are true, we just know they're not wrong. >Harald Lesch

I'm right between pope Benedict XVI and Nelson Mandela.

Apr 6 2010, 4:23 pm Zycorax Post #13

Grand Moderator of the Games Forum

As expected ^^

Apr 6 2010, 5:21 pm dumbducky Post #14

I did the political compass, but then I accidently closed the tab when I was about to post this one. They were both in a bout the same place.

Also, that one has no data on middle aged hispanic afghan women. Weird.

tits

Apr 6 2010, 5:25 pm Jesusfreak Post #15

Also, that one has no data on middle aged hispanic afghan women. Weird.
Heh, I guess not a lot of people take that quiz... I couldn't find anything on Indian women under 18 in Missouri :(. Wait, Hispanic Afghan women?!? What the heck would a hispanic be doing in Afghanistan? Not to mention that most Afghanis probably don't have internet access, even further reducing the liklihood of a middle aged hispanic afghan woman just happening to take the test... :bleh:

None.

Apr 6 2010, 5:52 pm Voyager7456 Post #16

Responsible for my own happiness? I can't even be responsible for my own breakfast

all i am is a contrary canary
but i'm crazy for you
i watched you cradling a tissue box
sneezing and sniffling, you were still a fox

Modding Resources: The Necromodicon [WIP] | Mod Night
My Projects: SCFC | ARAI | Excision [WIP] | SCFC2 [BETA] | Robots vs. Humans | Leviathan Wakes [BETA]

Apr 6 2010, 7:52 pm poison_us Post #17

Back* from the grave

WHAT THE HELL? Is fox the only other libertarian, rightish SENner?

Also, I thought I posted mine, but I dunno what happened...
The colorful one had me at 2.38 right, 6.83 down, while the less colorful one said I was 1.80 right, and 9.68 down.

Apr 6 2010, 8:26 pm FatalException Post #18

(-4.5, -4.15) on the first one, (-3.92, -0.41) on the second one.

None.

Apr 6 2010, 8:33 pm Neki Post #19

We do this every month, but hey. :P

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on Apr 6 2010, 8:40 pm by Taylor Swift.

None.

Apr 6 2010, 9:07 pm Apos Post #20

I order you to forgive yourself!

Economic Left/Right: -5.25
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -1.79

Options
  Back to forum