Staredit Network > Forums > SC1 Mapping Tools > Topic: TinyMap2
TinyMap2
Feb 23 2010, 4:26 am
By: O)FaRTy1billion[MM]
Pages: < 1 « 8 9 10 11 1213 >

Aug 15 2012, 7:32 am Lanthanide Post #181

Quote from O)FaRTy1billion[MM]
Got my fingers cross here. I kicked some bug. It was a minor thing in sfmpqapi that had to do with memory allocating and freeing ...
I wouldn't be surprised if this was the problem. I have previously seen, in the task manager, a massive memory leak where TM would gobble up to 2gig of memory within a couple of seconds and windows would kill it.

None.

Aug 15 2012, 7:36 am O)FaRTy1billion[MM] Post #182

👻 👾 👽 💪

Really? Because I don't think it was that kind of error ...
But let me know what you find with this new build.

TinyMap2 - Latest in map compression! ( 7/09/14 - New build! )
EUD Action Enabler - Lightweight EUD/EPD support! (ChaosLauncher/MPQDraft support!)
EUDDB - topic - Help out by adding your EUDs! Or Submit reference files in the References tab!
MapSketch - New image->map generator!
EUDTrig - topic - Quickly and easily convert offsets to EUDs! (extended players supported)
SC2 Map Texture Mask Importer/Exporter - Edit texture placement in an image editor!
\:farty\: This page has been viewed [img]http://farty1billion.dyndns.org/Clicky.php?img.gif[/img] times!

Aug 15 2012, 10:11 am Lanthanide Post #183

I've mentioned that somewhere before, probably in this thread. Failing that, in the shoutbox or PMs.

I'm unlikely to use your new version as I'm not really mapping any more. Anyway as I posted above, it doesn't crash if you use type 1 compression and with the newer versions it's only very slightly larger than type 2, for my map, anyway.

None.

Aug 26 2012, 5:53 pm O)FaRTy1billion[MM] Post #184

👻 👾 👽 💪

Ok well nobody has said anything, so I just went ahead and made this fix a new release build.

8/26/12:
- Fixed unit energy being set to 50/200.
- Rebuilt sfmpqapi to be the latest version (with a few fixes!)
- As a result, Potentially fixed Windows 7 crash !

Download!

EUD Action Enabler - Lightweight EUD/EPD support! (ChaosLauncher/MPQDraft support!)
EUDDB - topic - Help out by adding your EUDs! Or Submit reference files in the References tab!
EUDTrig - topic - Quickly and easily convert offsets to EUDs! (extended players supported)
SC2 Map Texture Mask Importer/Exporter - Edit texture placement in an image editor!
\:farty\: This page has been viewed [img]http://farty1billion.dyndns.org/Clicky.php?img.gif[/img] times!

Aug 26 2012, 5:57 pm jjf28 Post #185

Cartography Artisan

- Fixed unit energy being set to 50/200.
:awesome:

TheNitesWhoSay - Clan Aura - github

Reached the top of StarCraft theory crafting 2:12 AM CST, August 2nd, 2014.

Aug 26 2012, 6:23 pm Roy Post #186

An artist's depiction of an Extended Unit Death

Just tried a few maps that were causing crashes on 7 with the previous version, and I haven't had an issue on either Type 1 or Type 2 compression. Great work, Farty and ShadowFlare!

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on Aug 26 2012, 6:46 pm by Roy. Reason: Extending congratulations

Aug 26 2012, 6:36 pm O)FaRTy1billion[MM] Post #187

👻 👾 👽 💪

Quote from Roy
Just tried a few maps that were causing crashes on 7 with the previous version, and I haven't had an issue on either Type 1 or Type 2 compression. Great work, Farty!
And thanks to ShadowFlare for helping me fix sfmpqapi!

Aug 28 2012, 12:27 am iCCup.xboi209 Post #188

D: Still doesn't fix the compression for maps on Vista

None.

Aug 28 2012, 12:47 am O)FaRTy1billion[MM] Post #189

👻 👾 👽 💪

What exactly is the problem? Still crashing?

Can you PM me the map, or is it a general issue? I can try a map on Win7 and WinXP and look at it to see if there is something else particular about it that crashes.

Aug 28 2012, 9:46 pm iCCup.xboi209 Post #190

It just doesn't compress the map but instead it outputs a mostly blank map. It isn't any specific map at all though but I'm on Vista 64-bit if that helps.

None.

Aug 29 2012, 4:23 am O)FaRTy1billion[MM] Post #191

👻 👾 👽 💪

What do you mean mostly blank?

Aug 29 2012, 1:31 pm iCCup.xboi209 Post #192

A .scm/.scx file is created but only like ~4kb

None.

Aug 29 2012, 9:46 pm O)FaRTy1billion[MM] Post #193

👻 👾 👽 💪

Can you send me one of the files?

Aug 29 2012, 10:32 pm Lanthanide Post #194

I've had that sort of output as well (with older versions), although usually accompanied by a crash as well.

None.

Aug 30 2012, 1:28 pm iCCup.xboi209 Post #195

Before and afters attached

Attachments:
creep.scm
Hits: 1 Size: 39.39kb
-creep.scm
Hits: 1 Size: 3.31kb

None.

Aug 30 2012, 2:21 pm O)FaRTy1billion[MM] Post #196

👻 👾 👽 💪

I don't know what that map is supposed to be, but the -creep.scm is just the compressed version of creep.scm. It is perfectly valid as far as I can see ...

As Lanth said, usually it crashes if there is a problem and it fails to compress the map. And there would be a 0 kb file output.

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on Aug 31 2012, 2:10 am by FaRTy1billion.

Sep 1 2012, 12:59 am iCCup.xboi209 Post #197

The map can not possibly be compressed down to 3.31kb.....

None.

Sep 1 2012, 1:20 am O)FaRTy1billion[MM] Post #198

👻 👾 👽 💪

Did you test the map in StarCraft? I don't know what it is supposed to be for, but it appears to work for me.

Sep 1 2012, 2:51 am iCCup.xboi209 Post #199

Nah I didnt test it before because I thought it was impossible for any kind of compression program to reduce a map down to like 4kb even with nothing in it o.O

None.

Sep 1 2012, 3:03 am Roy Post #200

An artist's depiction of an Extended Unit Death

Quote from name:xboi209
Nah I didnt test it before because I thought it was impossible for any kind of compression program to reduce a map down to like 4kb even with nothing in it o.O
That's kind of the point of the program: SC really doesn't need a lot of what gets put into a map file in order to play it (a lot of that information is needed/used for map editors, which is why this program doubles as a protector). I compressed a map from 21kb to 2kb just now (a map that was experimenting with anti-drophack triggers), and it works as expected.

The fact that you couldn't believe the results is a testament to how well TinyMap2 works!

Options
Pages: < 1 « 8 9 10 11 1213 >
  Back to forum