Staredit Network > Forums > SC1 Mapping Tools > Topic: TinyMap2
TinyMap2
Feb 23 2010, 4:26 am
By: O)FaRTy1billion[MM]
Pages: < 1 « 10 11 12 13 >

Aug 25 2013, 7:38 am O)FaRTy1billion[MM] Post #221

👻 👾 👽 💪

I don't have the link of Heinermann first posting about it, and I don't feel like digging it up, so I will very briefly try to explain. :P

In the TRIG section there is this:
4 bytes: Used internally by starcraft (unknown usage. may be used to check if the trigger is "finished", ie no preserve trigger and the trigger has already run)
And all Preserve Trigger does is sets one of those flags, which StarCraft will also read from the map. So, as far as I know, no unprotector accounts for it and the editors sure don't either.

TinyMap2 - Latest in map compression! ( 7/09/14 - New build! )
EUD Action Enabler - Lightweight EUD/EPD support! (ChaosLauncher/MPQDraft support!)
EUDDB - topic - Help out by adding your EUDs! Or Submit reference files in the References tab!
MapSketch - New image->map generator!
EUDTrig - topic - Quickly and easily convert offsets to EUDs! (extended players supported)
SC2 Map Texture Mask Importer/Exporter - Edit texture placement in an image editor!
\:farty\: This page has been viewed [img]http://farty1billion.dyndns.org/Clicky.php?img.gif[/img] times!

Aug 25 2013, 3:17 pm Veta Post #222

Quote from O)FaRTy1billion[MM]
Have you gotten that since the update that fixed that?
Yep, I normally use method 2 so I have no problem but method 1 in the latest version still freezes/crashes. The other issue I've been having lately is the program freezing up after I use the "Stats >>" button. That never used to happen before so I'm not sure if it's something on my end or the most recent versions. If I don't touch the Stats button the program works flawless so it's not a big deal. And to clarify - the stats do open themselves up after I compress a map. It's only when I try to use the button to close the stats or open them before compression that I have a problem.

None.

Jun 17 2014, 7:35 am Heinermann Post #223

SDE, BWAPI owner, hacker.

I don't remember but I think some of the other flags have some sort of effect on how the trigger is executed.

Jun 27 2014, 5:34 pm KoKo_PiDeRaS Post #224

hello farty and friends. i am guessing that the first post includes the updated link to the most recent version. the "reported bugs" section is probably left behind from previous versions, can anyone list the current bugs list, or update the original list in the first post?

None.

Jun 27 2014, 7:21 pm O)FaRTy1billion[MM] Post #225

👻 👾 👽 💪

The bug list in the first post is up-to-date, unless you have more to add.

EUD Action Enabler - Lightweight EUD/EPD support! (ChaosLauncher/MPQDraft support!)
EUDDB - topic - Help out by adding your EUDs! Or Submit reference files in the References tab!
EUDTrig - topic - Quickly and easily convert offsets to EUDs! (extended players supported)
SC2 Map Texture Mask Importer/Exporter - Edit texture placement in an image editor!
\:farty\: This page has been viewed [img]http://farty1billion.dyndns.org/Clicky.php?img.gif[/img] times!

Jun 28 2014, 12:40 pm KoKo_PiDeRaS Post #226

i meant there is a "reported bugs" section at the bottom but i failed to read the "Reported, - Fixed?, Confirmed fixed" colored text at the very bottom and i thought it wasn't noted down there that they were fixed. ok well thanks for the tool, i am yet to test it and it seems all bugs are already eliminated

None.

Jul 1 2014, 4:43 am O)FaRTy1billion[MM] Post #227

👻 👾 👽 💪

I guess I never properly released the latest version in the topic, nor did I ever release one of the changes I made almost a year ago. xD

6/16/13: (Released only here for some reason)
- No longer clears Consume energy cost.
- Now clears Archon Warp and Lurker Aspect energies.
8/17/13: (Never released until 6/30/14 for some reason)
- Clears unit data for units not actively used on the map (unplaced/unbuildable - such as those used only in death counters).

Please report any new bugs. I'm confident in the determining whether a unit is used or not, but I didn't do any rigorous testing. There may also be slight changes in the map handling that have effects I'm not yet aware of. So if 2.1.3 (lastest) explodes on something that 2.1.1 (previous in first post) or 2.1.2 (previous in topic) didn't, let me know. Or if it explodes on something anyway. :P

And I've had these version numbers since ever (as evident by the readme file), I've just never thought to reference them. :P

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on Jul 1 2014, 4:50 am by FaRTy1billion.

Jul 10 2014, 1:52 am O)FaRTy1billion[MM] Post #228

👻 👾 👽 💪

Reported bug about Edmund Duke (Siege Mode)'s settings getting cleared. That should be fixed now. Download in main post.

Please report any further issues.

Aug 11 2014, 5:31 am Zoan Post #229

Math + Physics + StarCraft = Zoan

I used this on one of my maps, and the compressed map it created repeatedly froze up after a couple of minutes. A couple of seconds before it totally froze (like 30-45 seconds) the game started running through trigger cycles at irregular intervals, like it would wait 2 cycles lengths and then run through the 2 cycles very fast, but the units were able to move around without any choppiness. My settings when I compressed the map were:

Game Type: Use Map Settings
Compatability: BroodWar
(listfile) = MPQ Compression: Type 2
Raw CHK = MPQ Compression: Type 2
WAV = MPQ Compression: High, with compress wav files checked.
Other File = MPQ Compression: Type 2

And I'm fairly certain that everything else was left in its default position.

\:rip\:ooooo\:wob\:ooooo \:angel\: ooooo\:wob\:ooooo\:rip\:

Aug 11 2014, 5:46 am O)FaRTy1billion[MM] Post #230

👻 👾 👽 💪

Can you send me the original map so I can see what TinyMap is changing? Either here or a PM.

Aug 11 2014, 6:54 am Zoan Post #231

Math + Physics + StarCraft = Zoan

Okay, so either the v4 or the v5 was the original (sorry I cant remember which it was), and v5play is the compressed one.
EDIT: I'm pretty sure the v4 is the original, but if something seems off then it is the other.

Attachments:
Delirus v0.04.scx
Hits: 1 Size: 1978.93kb
Delirus v0.05.scx
Hits: 1 Size: 1978.93kb
Delirus v0.05play.scx
Hits: 1 Size: 1696.39kb

\:rip\:ooooo\:wob\:ooooo \:angel\: ooooo\:wob\:ooooo\:rip\:

Oct 26 2015, 6:15 am Butch Post #232

PROFESSIONAL MAP MAKER

One or more unknown files were found in the mpq, please update your lists file in the options?

What does this mean?

None.

Oct 26 2015, 4:14 pm Dem0n Post #233

ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ

Is it talking about this?

Oct 27 2015, 1:49 am O)FaRTy1billion[MM] Post #234

👻 👾 👽 💪

Not really. If a map contains files not referenced by it's (listfile) it may give that error ... it means there are old wavs in the map, a protector or something removed the file "(listfile)" from the mpq, or that there are other random files in the archive.

Oct 27 2015, 3:23 am Butch Post #235

PROFESSIONAL MAP MAKER

Not really. If a map contains files not referenced by it's (listfile) it may give that error ... it means there are old wavs in the map, a protector or something removed the file "(listfile)" from the mpq, or that there are other random files in the archive.

I'm using Oreo Triggers, it generates the map triggers/various other things on its own. Is there something I can do to make Tinymap work while using Oreo Triggers?

None.

Oct 27 2015, 3:40 am O)FaRTy1billion[MM] Post #236

👻 👾 👽 💪

Can you send me the map? Unless Oreo Triggers is dumping random things in the MPQ that shouldn't be a problem.

Oct 27 2015, 3:49 am Butch Post #237

PROFESSIONAL MAP MAKER

Can you send me the map? Unless Oreo Triggers is dumping random things in the MPQ that shouldn't be a problem.

Sent

None.

Oct 27 2015, 3:56 am O)FaRTy1billion[MM] Post #238

👻 👾 👽 💪

Ah. It's just because there isn't a listfile.

In TinyMap's directory make a new text file and put this in it:
Code
staredit\scenario.chk

and save it. Then in TinyMap hit Options. In here hit Add and find your text file, then hit Save and it should work.

... I really need to add this as a default internal listfile or something.

Oct 27 2015, 4:06 am Butch Post #239

PROFESSIONAL MAP MAKER

Works perfectly, thanks.

None.

Dec 18 2016, 7:46 pm Swampfox Post #240

I'm encountering an issue farty.

I'm getting this exact listfile error about 50% of the time when opening a map, and tinymap is crashing the other 50%. I figured I'd try the fix you posted above to no avail.

It's an old map from 2004 that I used unused unprotector on to fix issues with the map, and I'd like to compress/reprotect it using tinymap. Any ideas?

None.

Options
Pages: < 1 « 10 11 12 13 >
  Back to forum