Staredit Network > Forums > Null > Topic: When do you sleep?
When do you sleep?
May 8 2014, 4:39 am
By: Oh_Man  

May 9 2014, 1:23 pm Generalpie Post #21

Staredit Puckwork

Quote from Roy
So am I the only one who goes to sleep between 8:00-9:00 PM and wakes up at 3:30 AM? You guys don't know what you're missing: it's so quiet and peaceful in the early morning, and there's absolutely no traffic. Way better than late night.

I work at 6 AM, but it's about a 10 minute walk, so I wake up at 5 :roy:

None.

May 9 2014, 1:30 pm Sacrieur Post #22

Still Napping

Quote from Roy
So am I the only one who goes to sleep between 8:00-9:00 PM and wakes up at 3:30 AM? You guys don't know what you're missing: it's so quiet and peaceful in the early morning, and there's absolutely no traffic. Way better than late night.

That's close to my ideal schedule, except getting up later and going to bed earlier.

None.

May 9 2014, 3:42 pm Zycorax Post #23

Grand Moderator of the Games Forum

Quote from Roy
I've done that a few times and I agree that it is really nice. The only stable sleeping schedule I've managed to keep in the last two years, not counting the six weeks I work during summer, is 21:00 - 05:00.

May 9 2014, 5:42 pm O)FaRTy1billion[MM] Post #24

👻 👾 👽 💪

Quote from Roy
Late at night is just as quiet and peaceful and just as no traffic. :P Mornings also suck because I'm all tired and foggy and there's nothing to do so it's super boring.

In fact right now is too early. I'm just sort of waiting around for it to be afternoon.

TinyMap2 - Latest in map compression! ( 7/09/14 - New build! )
EUD Action Enabler - Lightweight EUD/EPD support! (ChaosLauncher/MPQDraft support!)
EUDDB - topic - Help out by adding your EUDs! Or Submit reference files in the References tab!
MapSketch - New image->map generator!
EUDTrig - topic - Quickly and easily convert offsets to EUDs! (extended players supported)
SC2 Map Texture Mask Importer/Exporter - Edit texture placement in an image editor!
\:farty\: This page has been viewed [img]http://farty1billion.dyndns.org/Clicky.php?img.gif[/img] times!

May 9 2014, 8:02 pm Wing Zero Post #25

Magic box god; Suck it Corbo

Quote from Roy
I used to do that where I worked last. It was a 7-3:30 job but I used to come home exhausted. I ended up doing it unintentionally one day and realised it worked really well for me so I stuck with it. One of the best parts of this for me was I would actually eat breakfast because I had some extra time to work up an appetite. The 2-3 extra snooze hours are amazing too.

May 9 2014, 8:02 pm sakuckoinvius Post #26

I go to sleep between 10pm and 8 am and I usually wake up at 7:30am to 4 pm. I'm 100% of the time awake between 4pm and 10pm, mouahahaha :) beside that, everything depend on if I work night/afternoon/School/vacation/gf/life/feeling/games (oh games is aweful, always keep me up till 6-7 am ez). That's about it. I can sleep 2 hours 1 day, 4 hours the day after and 16 hours the day after. That is my life :) (I'll also work morning during week-end and working night during the week for the next 2 weeks)

None.

May 9 2014, 8:03 pm Roy Post #27

An artist's depiction of an Extended Unit Death

Quote from O)FaRTy1billion[MM]
Late at night is just as quiet and peaceful and just as no traffic. :P Mornings also suck because I'm all tired and foggy and there's nothing to do so it's super boring.

In fact right now is too early. I'm just sort of waiting around for it to be afternoon.
I'm gonna disagree on a few of your points here:

1) There's much more traffic between 12:00-1:00 AM than there is between 3:00-4:00 AM. The former time is also the window where bar-goers are driving home. No thanks.
2) It's not as peaceful around midnight: a lot of apartments/houses will have lights on, especially on weekends, and the aforementioned traffic disrupts the serene atmosphere.
3) You're tired in the morning because you stay up until midnight. Assuming you don't stay up to 5:00-6:00 AM, you're also tired/sleepy regularly around midnight onward anyway; what a waste.
4) Enjoying these hours on a full night's sleep is easier than trying to enjoy them after a full day's worth of fatigue.
5) I can't name many things you can do at 12:00-2:00 AM that you can't do at 3:00-5:00AM. Yeah, a lot of things are closed at both these times, but I still enjoy them.

Other than that, you're spot-on. If you can't sacrifice the late evening / early night for whatever reason, I can understand it. The fact that nobody is awake at 4:00 AM is a double-edged sword, I guess.

May 9 2014, 8:28 pm sakuckoinvius Post #28

Quote from Roy

1) There's much more traffic between 12:00-1:00 AM than there is between 3:00-4:00 AM. The former time is also the window where bar-goers are driving home. No thanks..

I agree on the traffic, although, drunken masters take their car when bar close (depending where you live, of course, it can be right in your 3-4 calm session). Trust me, they're pretty lucky to have empty road. While you or anybody else should be sleeping in your own bed, or, of course, gaming like a mofo when kids are finaly gone to bed.

None.

May 9 2014, 9:52 pm O)FaRTy1billion[MM] Post #29

👻 👾 👽 💪

Quote from Roy

1) There's much more traffic between 12:00-1:00 AM than there is between 3:00-4:00 AM. The former time is also the window where bar-goers are driving home. No thanks.
2) It's not as peaceful around midnight: a lot of apartments/houses will have lights on, especially on weekends, and the aforementioned traffic disrupts the serene atmosphere.
3) You're tired in the morning because you stay up until midnight. Assuming you don't stay up to 5:00-6:00 AM, you're also tired/sleepy regularly around midnight onward anyway; what a waste.
4) Enjoying these hours on a full night's sleep is easier than trying to enjoy them after a full day's worth of fatigue.
5) I can't name many things you can do at 12:00-2:00 AM that you can't do at 3:00-5:00AM. Yeah, a lot of things are closed at both these times, but I still enjoy them.
1/2. Drive at like 2 am. I never said midnight, midnight is like early evening. xD But then there starts to be some overlap in times...
3/4. Even if I get a full-night's sleep I'm still tired in the morning. Waking up and becoming a functional body is a very long and difficult process, regardless of sleep duration or hour (though too little sleep definitely makes it worse). Even if I stay awake past when I usually do (around 2 am) I become alert and awake for a few more hours with no issue, and can even stay up well in to the morning daylight hours, or even all night depending on what needs to be done or what I need to do the next day. I find it to be much easier for me to remain awake than to become awake. :P
But I guess that's the main difference between morning people and night people.

TinyMap2 - Latest in map compression! ( 7/09/14 - New build! )
EUD Action Enabler - Lightweight EUD/EPD support! (ChaosLauncher/MPQDraft support!)
EUDDB - topic - Help out by adding your EUDs! Or Submit reference files in the References tab!
MapSketch - New image->map generator!
EUDTrig - topic - Quickly and easily convert offsets to EUDs! (extended players supported)
SC2 Map Texture Mask Importer/Exporter - Edit texture placement in an image editor!
\:farty\: This page has been viewed [img]http://farty1billion.dyndns.org/Clicky.php?img.gif[/img] times!

May 10 2014, 1:08 pm Oh_Man Post #30

Find Me On Discord (Brood War UMS Community & Staredit Network)

I think for me the habit of staying up late and then sleeping in until right before work is like a procrastination-type thing.

Equating going to sleep = going to work, basically - so you try to stay awake longer to have more 'non-work time'.

I would like to go to the gym in the morning too, but I don't know how good it will be. At least when I smash myself at gym in the evening I can just go straight to bed, whereas if I do it in the morning I then have to suffer through a whole work day before being able to relax!

May 10 2014, 2:02 pm Excalibur Post #31

The sword and the faith

I'm in bed by 7 or 8pm, up at 2 or 3am, work is usually at 6.

SEN Global Moderator and Resident Zealot
-------------------------
The sword and the faith.

:ex:
Sector 12
My stream, live PC building and tech discussion.

Jul 4 2014, 7:48 pm TiKels Post #32

Been going to bed about 6 AM lately and waking up around 2-4 PM.

I've ruined my sleep schedule :jaff:

"If a topic that clearly interest noone needs to be closed to underline the "we don't want this here" message, is up to debate."

-NudeRaider

Options
  Back to forum