Staredit Network > Forums > Portal News > Topic: SC2Mapster Network
SC2Mapster Network
This topic is locked. You can no longer write replies here.
Apr 1 2011, 7:26 am
By: DevliN
Pages: < 1 « 7 8 9

Apr 3 2011, 9:38 pm Jack Post #161

>be faceless void >mfw I have no face

Quote from name:Cardinal
I love how Sixen hardly ever comes to this hell-hole except when our admins rope him in to do some prank like this.
Sixen didn't actually post. That was an illusion.[/quote]
wat. Yes he did post. That was the REAL SIXEN.

Also, for everyone who fell for it: SUX FOR YOU, APRILS FOOLS OLOL

Red classic.

"In short, their absurdities are so extreme that it is painful even to quote them."

Apr 3 2011, 9:41 pm NicholasBeige Post #162

Quote from Sixen
I love how Sixen hardly ever comes to this hell-hole except when our admins rope him in to do some prank like this.

Long live the silent echo network. Where dreams are crushed and maps are never made.
I used to come here all the time, especially when I was in (U). I stopped coming when your community came at me with pitchforks.

Payne scared you off? that's pretty fucking weak man. trololololol

None.

Apr 3 2011, 9:43 pm Roy Post #163

An artist's depiction of an Extended Unit Death

Quote from Sixen
Quote from Roy
2) Stating that the merge would use Curse accounts, but that we could keep our old accounts during the merge. This is impossible for people like me.
Actually, #2 is possible, :P.
Oh really? So I can go over to SC2Mapster and make an account called Roy?

Apr 3 2011, 9:49 pm Sixen Post #164

Payne scared you off? that's pretty fucking weak man. trololololol
I guess if you consider payne your entire community?

Quote from Roy
Oh really? So I can go over to SC2Mapster and make an account called Roy?
It's a bit more complicated than that. The account Roy may be a curse account, but if it's not a Mapster account then it can be associated with a different Curse account. Stupid complicated and requires backend access to do.

None.

Apr 3 2011, 9:51 pm NicholasBeige Post #165

Quote from Sixen
requires backend access to do.

I'm feeling moar and moar grateful that we arn't merging. Keep posting Sixen. :awesome:

None.

Apr 3 2011, 9:52 pm Voyager7456 Post #166

Responsible for my own happiness? I can't even be responsible for my own breakfast

Quote from Sixen

You can access my backend if you want. :awesome:

all i am is a contrary canary
but i'm crazy for you
i watched you cradling a tissue box
sneezing and sniffling, you were still a fox

Modding Resources: The Necromodicon [WIP] | Mod Night
My Projects: SCFC | ARAI | Excision [WIP] | SCFC2 [BETA] | Robots vs. Humans | Leviathan Wakes [BETA]

Apr 3 2011, 10:23 pm Sixen Post #167

Quote from Voyager7456
Quote from Sixen

:teach:

None.

Apr 3 2011, 10:30 pm UnholyUrine Post #168

If I recall correctly, the "pitchforks" was because of your overgenerous advertisement of your site....
it's pretty much a given that if one advertises a potential competition somewhere else, one'd get burned at a stake :P
(And it was also b/c u wouldn't admit it)

and also, that was back in the day when we were trying to see what to do to move forward.. not like now where we don't give a fuck and spend all our time making new skins for April Fools day :stfu:

Right now, I don't think it really matters

Quote from Sixen
Shows you how devoted the SC2Mapster Community really is ;)

None.

Apr 3 2011, 11:27 pm DevliN Post #169

OVERWATCH STATUS GO

Quote from Roy
You took a lot of extremities and made contradictory statements, which gave it away for me.

1) Stating that you would completely drop SC1 even though we get new posts for those sections daily. If you had said it was going to be collapsed to one generic SC1 thread in the merge, that would have been more believable.
2) Stating that the merge would use Curse accounts, but that we could keep our old accounts during the merge. This is impossible for people like me.
3) Stating that database transfers were almost complete same-day. Everyone knows SEN doesn't move that fast.

Keeping it up for an extra day was a good idea, but maybe announcing it a day earlier would have paid off better. And I didn't even notice your signature until today, Devlin. :P
1) I don't remember saying we were going to drop the SC1 sections. I remember saying we were deleting Null, but that's about it.
2) I said "as far as I know" as to mean it wouldn't have been definite for everyone. But certainly if there is no Roy account, it would have been yours. :P
3) Yes and no. SEN moves that fast when it comes to things I know how to fix. The major coding and whatnot takes a while due to the lack of a coder working on SEN actively. And as Sixen said, we wouldn't be handling that, really. :awesome:

All-in-all we could have done things better, sure, but we still managed to convince a ton of people that it was real. In my book, that's a success.

Quote from UnholyUrine
If I recall correctly, the "pitchforks" was because of your overgenerous advertisement of your site....
it's pretty much a given that if one advertises a potential competition somewhere else, one'd get burned at a stake :P
(And it was also b/c u wouldn't admit it)

and also, that was back in the day when we were trying to see what to do to move forward.. not like now where we don't give a fuck and spend all our time making new skins for April Fools day :stfu:

Right now, I don't think it really matters

Quote from Sixen
Shows you how devoted the SC2Mapster Community really is ;)
Um so a couple of things. I made the skin in about 10 minutes by editing a few things in our "Turtle" skin. I made it at about 12:30 AM or so on April 1st while people were still on (Ahli made a comment on how I should darken it a bit int he shoutbox even). Unless that comment was a joke, just wanted to let it be known I spent roughly 10 minutes on it after a night of drinking with some friends.

Also, I don't really see what requiring backend access to modify accounts has to do with devotion. I have to do that for SEN as well.

\:devlin\: Currently Working On: \:devlin\:
My Overwatch addiction.

Apr 3 2011, 11:29 pm Fire_Kame Post #170

wth is starcraft

Quote from Voyager7456
Quote from Sixen

Can I access it too? :awesome:

Apr 4 2011, 12:15 am UnholyUrine Post #171

@Devlin

T'was a joke :rolleyes:

None.

Apr 4 2011, 12:17 am DevliN Post #172

OVERWATCH STATUS GO

Quote from UnholyUrine
@Devlin

T'was a joke :rolleyes:
Glad I included "Unless it was a joke" then.

\:devlin\: Currently Working On: \:devlin\:
My Overwatch addiction.

Apr 4 2011, 3:16 pm LoveLess Post #173

Let me show you how to hump without making love.

Quote from Sixen
I stopped coming when your community came at me with pitchforks.
You forgot about the torches.

None.

Apr 4 2011, 4:16 pm poison_us Post #174

Back* from the grave

Quote from LoveLess
Quote from Sixen
I stopped coming when your community came at me with pitchforks.
You forgot about the torches.
And the noose.

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on Apr 4 2011, 4:16 pm by poison_us. Reason: N, NOT M.

Options
Pages: < 1 « 7 8 9
  Back to forum