Staredit Network > Forums > Null > Topic: Norm Mafia #2: Dark Age Edition
Norm Mafia #2: Dark Age Edition
This topic is locked. You can no longer write replies here.
Sep 7 2010, 9:51 pm
By: Norm
Pages: < 1 « 3 4 5 6 746 >

Sep 8 2010, 10:50 pm poison_us Post #81

Back* from the grave

Roy, why is Norm's name branded onto Norm Mafia #3? That is your mafia to host, DO WITH IT WHAT YOU WILL!

Sep 8 2010, 11:02 pm Roy Post #82

An artist's depiction of an Extended Unit Death

Quote from poison_us
Roy, why is Norm's name branded onto Norm Mafia #3? That is your mafia to host, DO WITH IT WHAT YOU WILL!
Well, I don't feel like starting up Roy Mafia #1, so unless there's a significant reason why I should, I don't care to change it.

Besides, it's just going to be a legit version of Devilesk's Mindfuck. You won't be banned from my game, too. :awesome:

Sep 8 2010, 11:05 pm TiKels Post #83

Has anyone played IRL mafia? Like where "Night" is everyone puts their head down and the mafia point to people for them to "die". It's quite fun.

"If a topic that clearly interest noone needs to be closed to underline the "we don't want this here" message, is up to debate."

-NudeRaider

Sep 8 2010, 11:08 pm Azrael Post #84

I haven't, though it seems like it'd be a lot easier.

Aside from the usual means, you could also go by facial expressions and tone of voice.

Sep 8 2010, 11:09 pm poison_us Post #85

Back* from the grave

Yes, it's actually funny when I had a group of 15. Especially the girls who didn't take off their necklaces.

Sep 8 2010, 11:12 pm Dem0n Post #86

ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ

Real life mafia is lame. There's no clues to decipher. You just vote on whoever seems the most hesitant to speak out or do anything.

Sep 8 2010, 11:13 pm Roy Post #87

Quote from TiKels
Has anyone played IRL mafia? Like where "Night" is everyone puts their head down and the mafia point to people for them to "die". It's quite fun.
Kinda boring if you have pretty good hearing. I have played it, though.

Sep 9 2010, 12:13 am Apos Post #88

I order you to forgive yourself!

Quote from TiKels
I played this so many times. Once, when I was in high school, there was a game called Werewolf and it was almost the same as mafia. I think it was pretty much as good as playing it here.

Sep 9 2010, 12:40 am Norm Post #89

About the rules:

Obviously, I'm not mod, so I can't enforce them all. However, in the spirit of the game I would expect that people would just follow them anyway. I know that some of you like to think of yourselves as rule breakers or whatever, and that's fine... but have some respect about it. Last game went pretty well, but yeah it could've used a little less dead player spam. It's not a HUGE deal, but try to be more courteous this time around.

Thanks.

p.s. About 5 more people and we'll be good to go!!

None.

Sep 9 2010, 2:34 am poison_us Post #90

Back* from the grave

Quote from Roy
Quote from TiKels
Kinda boring if you have pretty good hearing. I have played it, though.
Or if they're loud. I have bad enough hearing to need hearing aids but i never wear em, and I could hear those nooblets.

Sep 9 2010, 2:57 am Derqua Post #91

Its fun on 2-3 hours car rides. Though we really dont speak at all.

None.

Sep 9 2010, 3:30 am rayNimagi Post #92

Quote from Norm
GHOST – The ghost is not aligned to the town or to the mafia. He has two regenerating Night Lives. As long as the ghost stays alive, he will win the game along side of the winning team. However, if he is lynched, then one fallen Townsmen will be randomly chosen to revive. The ghost's power affects the targeted player either until they die, or the ghost decides to switch the target.

Clarification please? Are you saying the ghost brings back one towns-person from the dead?

Quote from Derqua
Its fun on 2-3 hours car bus rides. Though we really dont speak at all.

I don't know how you fit enough people to play mafia in a car...

I played live mafia last week on Friday. We had twelve people playing in our biggest game and it was fun.

Oh, and it looks like I'll be in to watch this one too. I'll probably be a confuser again though, so don't bother lynching me...

Win by luck, lose by skill.

Sep 9 2010, 3:46 am Azrael Post #93

Quote from rayNimagi
Quote from Norm
GHOST – The ghost is not aligned to the town or to the mafia. He has two regenerating Night Lives. As long as the ghost stays alive, he will win the game along side of the winning team. However, if he is lynched, then one fallen Townsmen will be randomly chosen to revive. The ghost's power affects the targeted player either until they die, or the ghost decides to switch the target.

Clarification please? Are you saying the ghost brings back one towns-person from the dead?

When the Ghost is lynched, a Townie that's already dead will be brought back to life. They are chosen at random.

I assumed the "ghost's power" sentence after that was referring to Haunt, not the revive.

Basically, the Ghost is allied to the Mafia. If the Townies find out who he is, they're going to lynch his ass to try to bring back a better role. It is mutually beneficial for the Ghost and Mafia to work together; the Ghost uses "Haunt" on whoever the Mafia wants, and in exchange the Mafia pretends that he doesn't exist.

All the Ghost has to do is wait until a Mafia dies, then PM that person to set up the alliance. He doesn't even need to know who the other Mafia are, since all correspondence with them can be done through the dead Mafia member.

Sep 9 2010, 3:51 am Norm Post #94

Quote from name:Azrael.Wrath
Quote from rayNimagi
Quote from Norm

When the Ghost is lynched, a Townie that's already dead will be brought back to life. They are chosen at random.

I assumed the "ghost's power" sentence after that was referring to Haunt, not the revive.

Basically, the Ghost is allied to the Mafia. If the Townies find out who he is, they're going to lynch his ass to try to bring back a better role. It is mutually beneficial for the Ghost and Mafia to work together; the Ghost uses "Haunt" on whoever the Mafia wants, and in exchange the Mafia pretends that he doesn't exist.

All the Ghost has to do is wait until a Mafia dies, then PM that person to set up the alliance. He doesn't even need to know who the other Mafia are, since all correspondence with them can be done through the dead Mafia member.

That's one way of going about it. Ghost will win as long as he isn't lynched/killed before the end of the game. However he wants to accomplish that... I dunno.

None.

Sep 9 2010, 4:10 am Azrael Post #95

That's the best way of going about it. It helps the Ghost and it helps the Mafia.

Of course it hurts the Townies, but they don't know what's going on anyways :D

Sep 9 2010, 4:10 am Neki Post #96

Using PMs and the shoutbox to post your clue interpretations after your dead ruins the spirit of the game. If you like being that one douche who everyone knows who insists on always winning or being right, then go ahead, but otherwise, once you're dead, you shouldn't be talking, it takes the fun out of the game if you insist on circumventing rules.

None.

Sep 9 2010, 5:18 am Wing Zero Post #97

Magic box god; Suck it Corbo

I like the ghost because all he has to do is be cool with everyone and he wins :awesome:

If a ghost gets lynched I thought it would just resurrect a random regular townie

Sep 9 2010, 8:29 am DevliN Post #98

OVERWATCH STATUS GO

I can try to enforce that rule as best as possible. I agree it is a conflict of interest since I'm playing, but I guess it would be better than nothing. I don't recommend reporting those posts, though, seeing as how Merrell was out for blood after dealing with all the reports from Norm Mafia #1.

\:devlin\: Currently Working On: \:devlin\:
My Overwatch addiction.

Sep 9 2010, 2:07 pm Roy Post #99

Quote from DevliN
... Merrell was out for blood ...
Clue pointing to Merrell as mafia.
Quote from name:Taylor Swift
Using PMs and the shoutbox to post your clue interpretations after your dead ruins the spirit of the game.
It's going to happen one way or another. As long as we don't see them directly contributing to the topic, the game can still be enjoyed. PM > Shoutbox (Poison should know this best of all).

Sep 9 2010, 9:26 pm TiKels Post #100

Wow lots of stuff here to say, in order:
Quote from Norm
4.Players may vote for a NO LYNCH instead.
1. No lynch? Just pointing this one out to everyone.
Quote from Norm
DARK AVENGER – Like a normal HERETIC, except he gains one night life for each one of his fellow heretics that die. At any time that he has at least two night lives, he may convert them to additional night hits. He may use these additional night hits during any night by either targeting more than one person, or targeting a '+1' or '+2' night hit at a given player for double or triple effectiveness. When the DARK AVENGER dies, he appears to be a normal Heretic.
2. As in, when he dies his actual role isn't revealed and it just remains ?? of ?? alive?
Quote from Norm
BLACK WIZARD – He practices the dark arts. Aligned with the town, he may cast one Magic spell per night.
Magic: Lightning - The person targeted by this spell will die.
Magic: DBL LightningWhen successful, this spell will always make contact with it's target. It is also twice as deadly as regular lightning. You may only use this spell one time during the game.
3. WHEN YOU DON'T MISS, YOU MOST CERTAINLY HIT. Duh. Are you saying that it cannot miss or what?
Quote from Norm
WHITE WIZARD – He practices the light arts. Aligned with the town, he may cast one Magic spell per night.
Magic: Protection – The person targeted by this spell will be protected from one hit.
Magic: Shield - The person targeted by this spell cannot be the target of any other spells for that night. In the event that the player has already been targeted by a spell from another player, Shield has priority.
Why would you ever want to use protection over shield? And also, what if a townie uses "Dodge" or another self-cast/one-use spell after a shield? Is the spell used up? Does it still carry out? By "Shield has priority" does that mean it still cancels out or it happens first?

There are SO many questions I could ask in regards to counters and things, most of which involving Shield, The hit that is successful when it hits, and Channel...

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on Sep 9 2010, 9:45 pm by TiKels.

"If a topic that clearly interest noone needs to be closed to underline the "we don't want this here" message, is up to debate."

-NudeRaider

Options
Pages: < 1 « 3 4 5 6 746 >
  Back to forum