Staredit Network > Forums > Null > Topic: Norm Mafia #2: Dark Age Edition
Norm Mafia #2: Dark Age Edition
This topic is locked. You can no longer write replies here.
Sep 7 2010, 9:51 pm
By: Norm
Pages: < 1 « 2 3 4 5 646 >

Sep 8 2010, 8:22 pm Leeroy_Jenkins Post #61

Can you actually enforce the "dead people can't alter the game" rule? Last game, I'd kill someone so they'd shut up and stop figuring us out, but then they'd keep interpreting clues and telling people who to vote for after they were dead! Totally unfair.

None.

Sep 8 2010, 8:32 pm Aristocrat Post #62

Quote from Leeroy_Jenkins
Can you actually enforce the "dead people can't alter the game" rule? Last game, I'd kill someone so they'd shut up and stop figuring us out, but then they'd keep interpreting clues and telling people who to vote for after they were dead! Totally unfair.

People could just PM each other and not tell you. Nothing you can do (or Norm, for that matter, since he doesn't moderate Null). The rule itself is unnecessary anyway.

None.

Sep 8 2010, 8:35 pm Leeroy_Jenkins Post #63

I'm sure Devlin would be willing to uphold the game rules. Also, if you can PM, do that. No need to break the game rules by posting in the thread. K thx.

None.

Sep 8 2010, 8:42 pm Aristocrat Post #64

If there's a shitty and unnecessary rule, the first thing you think of shouldn't be "how do I uphold this shitty and unnecessary rule".

It's a poor regulation and serves no purpose whatsoever. (As for DevliN enforcing the game rules, that would be a conflict of interest.)

None.

Sep 8 2010, 8:46 pm Apos Post #65

I order you to forgive yourself!

In EpicMafia, dead people can only talk to dead people.

Sep 8 2010, 8:48 pm Leeroy_Jenkins Post #66

It's not a shitty rule. We're playing a 'role-playing' game, and when you DIE in the game, that means you CAN'T play it. That's as simple as I can make it for you.

None.

Sep 8 2010, 8:48 pm Aristocrat Post #67

Quote from Apos
In EpicMafia, dead people can only talk to dead people.

That's because it's enforced by the software.

This is a forum game. Trying to force it would be impossible and unnecessary because there are many ways to circumvent it.

It's not a shitty rule. We're playing a 'role-playing' game, and when you DIE in the game, that means you CAN'T play it. That's as simple as I can make it for you.

Legend of Mir: You can talk after dying.
WoW: You can talk after dying.
EVE: You can talk after dying.

Every MMORPG in existence: You resurrect after dying.

I fail to see your point.

None.

Sep 8 2010, 8:51 pm Leeroy_Jenkins Post #68

To 'circumvent' it would mean to PM every player every little interpretation you would otherwise post. Which is unlikely to happen. When you're dead, how about playing by the rules and not posting in the thread instead of acting like a little bitch about it? :)

Edit: Yeah and in this RPG you don't resurrect after dying so do you see why you wouldn't be able to participate?

None.

Sep 8 2010, 8:55 pm Aristocrat Post #69

To 'circumvent' it would mean to PM every player every little interpretation you would otherwise post. Which is unlikely to happen. When you're dead, how about playing by the rules and not posting in the thread instead of acting like a little bitch about it? :)

Edit: Yeah and in this RPG you don't resurrect after dying so do you see why you wouldn't be able to participate?

My apologies, but aren't you the one "acting like a little bitch" about a pointless rule on a forum game? I highly doubt you would be complaining about it if you were a townsperson instead of mafia.

The point is: It's not enforceable. Therefore, there is no value in keeping the rule.

None.

Sep 8 2010, 8:58 pm Azrael Post #70

I don't mind it, for the thread at least. If Devlin could remove posts from dead players that attempt to influence the game then I don't see a problem with it. Shoutbox and PMs are still fair game for dead players to talk =P

Sep 8 2010, 9:00 pm Leeroy_Jenkins Post #71

Quote from Aristocrat
The point is: It's not enforceable. Therefore, there is no value in keeping the rule.

You have no integrity. You think we shouldn't have a rule because "It can't be enforced." Well, if there weren't asshats like you on SEN, we wouldn't have to worry about enforcing it, because everyone would have the common courtesy of playing by the rules.

None.

Sep 8 2010, 9:03 pm poison_us Post #72

Back* from the grave

Alright ladies, get your panties outta a bind and stop the flaming.

Sep 8 2010, 9:31 pm LoTu)S Post #73

In short, the "no dead people talking" rule would be enforced but, that doesnt stop ppl from shoutboxing or PMing their interpretations.

None.

Sep 8 2010, 9:37 pm Roy Post #74

An artist's depiction of an Extended Unit Death

Also, if you can PM, do that. No need to break the game rules by posting in the thread. K thx.
Quote from name:Azrael.Wrath
Shoutbox and PMs are still fair game for dead players to talk =P
This. So much.

Sep 8 2010, 9:50 pm TiKels Post #75

Quote from Aristocrat
You have no integrity. You think we shouldn't have a rule because "It can't be enforced."
That's what the United States did regarding the prohibition of alcohol. They went "oh yah sure, kewl rewl u got thar." "wot it will takez over 9000 million dollor to enforcece? LAW REPEAL'D"
The law was completely unenforceable withing the amount of money they wanted to put to it, so they just got rid of it. In essence it was good on paper but impractical.

"If a topic that clearly interest noone needs to be closed to underline the "we don't want this here" message, is up to debate."

-NudeRaider

Sep 8 2010, 9:53 pm Wing Zero Post #76

Magic box god; Suck it Corbo

Quote from Norm
GHOST � The ghost is not aligned to the town or to the mafia. He has two regenerating Night Lives. As long as the ghost stays alive, he will win the game along side of the winning team. However, if he is lynched, then one fallen Townsmen will be randomly chosen to revive. The ghost's power affects the targeted player either until they die, or the ghost decides to switch the target.
Power: Haunt � The person targeted by this power will fail all attempts at using a Magic ability.

*Ahem*

Sep 8 2010, 9:56 pm Azrael Post #77

You understand what he means though :P

You can talk in the thread after you're resurrected. Otherwise, there's the shoutbox and PMs to use.

Sep 8 2010, 10:07 pm Wing Zero Post #78

Magic box god; Suck it Corbo

Well its not like all dead people are jerks like that, when i died I told Roy and TiKels that you were mafia AZ and they kept their mouth shut

Sep 8 2010, 10:09 pm TiKels Post #79

It's true, ironically, learning WHO mafia was before it ended completely ruined it for me, I couldn't have any fun deciphering clues because I knew who actually WAS mafia.

"If a topic that clearly interest noone needs to be closed to underline the "we don't want this here" message, is up to debate."

-NudeRaider

Sep 8 2010, 10:45 pm Roy Post #80

An artist's depiction of an Extended Unit Death

After Wing told me, I still found clues pointing to Raccoon.

Options
Pages: < 1 « 2 3 4 5 646 >
  Back to forum