Staredit Network > Forums > Null > Topic: NORM Mafia #1 - Game over
NORM Mafia #1 - Game over
Aug 16 2010, 2:50 am
By: Norm
Pages: < 1 « 18 19 20 21 2248 >

Sep 2 2010, 6:39 am EzTerix Post #381

I definitely know why I said "I... can't believe you would do this to me..." to Roy. He's the only one dumb enough to lynch his own. MORON

Also I liked my death, 5 stars Norm.

None.

Sep 2 2010, 10:35 am OlimarandLouie Post #382

Seriously. Why was there such a giveaway clue to EzTerix earlier? That seemed more like chance than an actual clue.
Time to vote for moar obvious clues.

None.

Sep 2 2010, 1:33 pm poison_us Post #383

Back* from the grave

Quote from EzTerix
I definitely know why I said "I... can't believe you would do this to me..." to Roy. He's the only one dumb enough to lynch his own. MORON
Now Ez is either raging (somewhat likely) or trying to get an innocent man killed (likely). I'm gonna lay a FoS on Roy and Wing, but I'm gonna wait till tomorrow to consider those clues.

Oh, and BTW, is it just me or is everyone bringing a pre-existing *disagreement* into this game?
EDIT:
EDIT2: I don't really know why, but I'm tired of seeing EzTerix's avatar's background...lol.

Post has been edited 2 time(s), last time on Sep 2 2010, 1:39 pm by Nasus.

Sep 2 2010, 3:05 pm Azrael Post #384

Nasus, being totally honest, I think it's suspicious you keep pointing your finger at the people who just lynched a Mafia. There are what, 18 players? 4 of them just took out a Mafia. Since the lynching, you've pointed your finger at 2 of those 4 people, and no one else. You also voted to lynch one of them as well.

In fact, EzTerix was Mafia and he voted to lynch Raccoon. You were the only other person that voted for Raccoon. If anything, that makes you the most suspicious person at this point.

I've never seen the Mafia lynch another Mafia on Day 1. Ever. It doesn't make sense to, at all, especially when the votes were so close. They certainly wouldn't have just gone along with it, it wasn't a sure thing he was going to die. As far as I'm concerned, the least suspicious people in the game are those who took out EzTerix.

It looks to me like a pretty obvious attempt by EzTerix to incriminate a Townie because he voted to lynch him. The only question is why it seems like you're trying to help him.

Sep 2 2010, 3:26 pm Roy Post #385

An artist's depiction of an Extended Unit Death

Quote from name:Nasus
Seriously, there's nothing better than lynching a Mafia, except lynching a Mafia with a special role. I don't care if you don't like Raccoon because of something that happened in TKG, THIS IS NOT TKG. Please grow up.
Uh... Raccoon isn't playing TKG? EzTerix would be the only one supposedly voted for as a carry-over from TKG, as Aristocrat suggested:

Quote from Aristocrat
How about we lynch EzTerix because he's not being compliant in Azrael's TKG? :awesome:

Sep 2 2010, 4:23 pm poison_us Post #386

Back* from the grave

Quote from Wing Zero
I still wish we lynched raccoons mafia ass today instead since he has beef with me,
Sorry, I took this to mean that Wing and Raccoon already had a pre-existing feud or something, especially how Wing is taking all of this so personally.

Quote from name:Azrael.Wrath
Nasus, being totally honest, I think it's suspicious you keep pointing your finger at the people who just lynched a Mafia. There are what, 18 players? 4 of them just took out a Mafia. Since the lynching, you've pointed your finger at 2 of those 4 people, and no one else. You also voted to lynch one of them as well.
Ezterix looked Roy in the eyes. His expression filled with deep sadness. "I... can't believe you would do this to me..."
Definitely REMEMBER THIS. Roy wasn't the first to vote for Ez, nor the most vocal...
It was five o'clock.
Seems important to me...but Mafia ID #5 is now dead >:D
Although, the 5th vote tallied is Roy's...things are seeming odd to me.
It did seem suspicious then, but...see 2nd to last paragraph.

In fact, EzTerix was Mafia and he voted to lynch Raccoon. You were the only other person that voted for Raccoon. If anything, that makes you the most suspicious person at this point.
I already posted my reasoning, which is apparently too deep for Norm's mafia (I mean, comon, "EZ"???).
I switched to coon earlier (before most votes had been made, and none had been made for him, mind you) because his actions seemed odd, and the insect bit mightve meant a bit about critters or something that has a lot of insects...the only thing here that has insects (other than Nasus' ultimate in LoL, but I can't expect Norm to know that) is an animal, and that leaves me (Nasus = dog) and a Raccoon. After Norm said that the insect and RE post just meant that the zombie (cough lil-inferno like before cough) is coming up, I probably should've rethought, but I didn't feel like it. I'm not going to say I'm sorry, because no harm came from it :shifty:
[snip]
EDIT: Wing tried to switch to Coon, if that's any consolation.
Which would've ended in a lynching of Raccoon.

I've never seen the Mafia lynch another Mafia on Day 1. Ever. It doesn't make sense to, at all, especially when the votes were so close. They certainly wouldn't have just gone along with it, it wasn't a sure thing he was going to die. As far as I'm concerned, the least suspicious people in the game are those who took out EzTerix.
Including yourself, and ignoring the fact that Wing tried to change but his change was not counted, ofc.

It looks to me like a pretty obvious attempt by EzTerix to incriminate a Townie because he voted to lynch him. The only question is why it seems like you're trying to help him.
Quote from EzTerix
Now Ez is either raging (somewhat likely) or trying to get an innocent man killed (likely). I'm gonna lay a FoS on Roy and Wing, but I'm gonna wait till tomorrow to consider those clues.
I mean that Wing has definitely been acting funky thus far. See above for my reasoning behind Roy, even though it made far more sense last night at 2AM that Roy might be Mafia. That was just me being too tired to care what I type, and if you look I was trying this morning to make a silent pullout of the "Roy might be Mafia" position. Oh, and btw, by "tomorrow" I meant D2, just to clarify.

Oh, and thanks Azrael. Now that you've indicated that I'm the most suspicious player right now (or close to it), the Mafia would be stupid to kill me.

Sep 2 2010, 5:20 pm Azrael Post #387

I'm just saying, you're laying the "Finger of Suspicion" on Roy and Wing. They should be the least likely suspects. If anything, we should be looking at people who were trying to save EzTerix, not the people who condemned him to death.

The facts are:

• EzTerix is the only confirmed Mafia so far.

• Raccoon voted to lynch EzTerix, and you immediately voted to lynch Raccoon.
    http://www.staredit.net/255992/

• Since EzTerix was lynched, you've come up with a number of reasons to incriminate Roy and Wing, 2 of the remaining 3 people who helped lynch EzTerix.

• Wing, Roy, and Raccoon lynched a Mafia. You say Wing and Roy are suspicious, and you tried to kill Raccoon.

• You tried to save a Mafia from dying, then say the ones responsible for lynching him are the suspicious ones.

Mafia don't vote for other Mafia on the first day. It just doesn't happen, unless maybe a huge bandwagon was taking place and that Mafia was definitely going to die anyways. Wing could have easily tied it up by going along with you and said "OH YEA ITS RACCOON GJ NASUS COMMON EVERYONE LETS GET THIS MAFIA!!!!"

He could have also said "I just don't like Raccoon so I'm voting for him." Instead, he went along with Raccoon and helped continue the bandwagon against EzTerix. It is kind of weird that he tried to change his vote at the last minute, but he was changing his vote to go along with you, so I guess.

Roy has named a number of people as suspects. He could have used any of his proposed clues as a reason to vote for someone else, yet he added his vote to EzTerix, ensuring the lynching would almost certainly happen.

I'm not ruling Roy or Wing out as suspects, but they are two of the least suspicious people. I'm fairly confident neither is Mafia because of the simple fact they just helped lynch a Mafia when they could have used their time trying to get someone else lynched instead. I trust them more than most others at this point.

Aside from them, Raccoon was the one that pointed out the "ez" clue and led the charge against EzTerix, so I trust him the most. This is why I find it suspicious you're trying to eliminate the few people who seem especially trustworthy at this point.

Even if you are a Townie, you've been helping a confirmed Mafia since the game started, even since he died. Why not look back at who tried to help EzTerix (aside from you) to figure out who is possibly Mafia? I find it extremely odd you're selecting all your suspects from the very small pool of people responsible for lynching one of the Mafia.

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on Sep 2 2010, 5:26 pm by Azrael.Wrath.

Sep 2 2010, 6:12 pm Wing Zero Post #388

Magic box god; Suck it Corbo

I really gotta stop doing stupid shit like changing my vote last minute, but the reason I did that was because I had no idea EZ was mafia and I thought Raccoon was... he has been all buthurt and on my ass since I followed his nominate myself bandwagon and I got more votes then him because my campaign speech was more :awesome: then his. I'm over it for now as long as he doesn't continue spreading propaganda around

Sep 2 2010, 6:14 pm Norm Post #389

o.O Things gettin pretty damn intense in here...

Night 3 will end @ 10am tomorrow. (eastern time, subject to be postponed)

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on Sep 2 2010, 6:22 pm by Norm.

None.

Sep 2 2010, 7:38 pm DevliN Post #390

OVERWATCH STATUS GO

Quote from TiKels
Quote from DevliN
Quote from Apos
Quote from DevliN
Quote from Riney
Im doing it because of the lack of clues, which I then realized is a common mafia excuse.
Same for me, except I'm not mafia.
Fuck. You guys could do this every goddamn day!
I just did it for this because it seemed like everyone was finding ways to interpret clues to pin things on people they want to pin things on. If someone finds something amazingly crucial by the time voting ends, I'll gladly change my vote. For now, though, it seems like we're looking at the smallest things and hoping they are clues. I don't know if that's because the clues are too well hidden, there aren't enough clues, or we're just not getting it. It seems like the best clue we have is Norm's possibly accidental misspelling of "ez."
I posted evidence of a mafia and it was rock solid. It got deleted cuz I'm dead.
You were also convinced that Ez was innocent. Go figure.

I'm not sure I want to believe Ez that Roy is mafia. I'd be more inclined to believe Norm arbitrarily chose Roy, but then again with a clue as obvious as the misspelling of "ez," I have no idea. We could all be completely over-thinking it and Norm really is just telling us who the mafia are without detailed clues. Since the mafia vets here are used to more challenging clues, they'll overlook things that are simplistic.

I still think the "Mission" and "Courage" thing was important, but I guess we'll see more after Night 3.

\:devlin\: Currently Working On: \:devlin\:
My Overwatch addiction.

Sep 2 2010, 7:56 pm poison_us Post #391

Back* from the grave

Raccoon voted to lynch EzTerix, and you immediately voted to lynch Raccoon.
http://www.staredit.net/255992/
This was because of an interpretation that made sense to me, and then Norm said that there weren't any clues pointing at anyone, and I didn't change my vote because I didn't care. I will quote this shit again:
I already posted my reasoning, which is apparently too deep for Norm's mafia (I mean, comon, "EZ"???).
I switched to coon earlier (before most votes had been made, and none had been made for him, mind you) because his actions seemed odd, and the insect bit mightve meant a bit about critters or something that has a lot of insects...the only thing here that has insects (other than Nasus' ultimate in LoL, but I can't expect Norm to know that) is an animal, and that leaves me (Nasus = dog) and a Raccoon. After Norm said that the insect and RE post just meant that the zombie (cough lil-inferno like before cough) is coming up, I probably should've rethought, but I didn't feel like it. I'm not going to say I'm sorry, because no harm came from it :shifty:
[snip]
EDIT: Wing tried to switch to Coon, if that's any consolation.
Which would've ended in a lynching of Raccoon.
I didn't pay any attention to who Raccoon was voting for, but I know you're gonna say that's BS.

Since EzTerix was lynched, you've come up with a number of reasons to incriminate Roy and Wing, 2 of the remaining 3 people who helped lynch EzTerix.
Again, all of which made sense to me, AT 2AM. If you told me that an angry God was on His merry way to smite the various sinners and whatnot of every religion, I might've agreed, if you presented a compelling argument.

[Wing, Roy, and Raccoon lynched a Mafia. You say Wing and Roy are suspicious, and you tried to kill Raccoon.
Stop, you don't give yourself enough credit. You voted for him, too. Also:
Quote from Wing Zero
I'm back! I change my vote to raccoon
Except it wasn't counted.

You tried to save a Mafia from dying, then say the ones responsible for lynching him are the suspicious ones.
When? Way back, when I was the first vote on someone else? No respectable host should ever make a clue that obvious, I'm sorry that I overestimated Norm.

Mafia don't vote for other Mafia on the first day. It just doesn't happen, unless maybe a huge bandwagon was taking place and that Mafia was definitely going to die anyways. Wing could have easily tied it up by going along with you and said "OH YEA ITS RACCOON GJ NASUS COMMON EVERYONE LETS GET THIS MAFIA!!!!"
Quote from Wing Zero
I still wish we lynched raccoons mafia ass today instead since he has beef with me,
Please, stop acting like you don't read entire posts. This one even happened to be roughly one line, maybe one and a quarter, tops. This is stupid bullshit that I've repeated at least three times now. HE TRIED TO CHANGE, BUT IT WAS TOO LATE TO COUNT. Now, let's hopefully understand that as we progress.

He could have also said "I just don't like Raccoon so I'm voting for him." Instead, he went along with Raccoon and helped continue the bandwagon against EzTerix. It is kind of weird that he tried to change his vote at the last minute, but he was changing his vote to go along with you, so I guess.
Oh, so maybe you do read. Maybe you'll understand this too: What if he tried to change to get Raccoon killed, rather than to side with me?

Roy has named a number of people as suspects. He could have used any of his proposed clues as a reason to vote for someone else, yet he added his vote to EzTerix, ensuring the lynching would almost certainly happen.
How you are capable of understanding what is taught in schools anywhere is beyond me:
That was just me being too tired to care what I type, and if you look I was trying this morning to make a silent pullout of the "Roy might be Mafia" position. Oh, and btw, by "tomorrow" I meant D2, just to clarify.

Aside from them, Raccoon was the one that pointed out the "ez" clue and led the charge against EzTerix, so I trust him the most. This is why I find it suspicious you're trying to eliminate the few people who seem especially trustworthy at this point.
Too tired of this to respond.

Even if you are a Townie, you've been helping a confirmed Mafia since the game started, even since he died. Why not look back at who tried to help EzTerix (aside from you) to figure out who is possibly Mafia? I find it extremely odd you're selecting all your suspects from the very small pool of people responsible for lynching one of the Mafia.
Too tired of this to respond.

And you've selected bits and pieces of my arguments to apply mild logic to, rather than the entire argument as a whole. I'm done letting you harass me, and any post you make I will summarily ignore. I'm sorry that I, like many people before me, have guessed incorrectly who is mafia and who is not. My bad. I wish I had your perfect eye for catching mafia, just like in Devilesk's mafia, where you did this same shit from the shoutbox, when I had the same damn role that I do now.

Oh, great, I realized something as I was starting this post. Chances are decently good that a halfway mediocre mafia will try to kill you to frame me. Ask around for a doc/bodyguard, more for my sake than yours. I personally would rather not have to put up with your crap, but I've only got lynching powers.

EDIT: @Devlin: well, then maybe Norm's RE clue points to the rest of the mafia :rolleyes: Anyways, keep those thoughts to yourself or Azrael might jump you.

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on Sep 2 2010, 8:02 pm by Nasus.

Sep 2 2010, 8:14 pm Wing Zero Post #392

Magic box god; Suck it Corbo

God I'm tired of your quote walls already... It seems everything i do seems incriminating in some way so from now on I will only talk to tell you the results of an investigation and to vote. Trying to defend myself seems to make me look more suspicious so I'll stop that too. I learned my lesson earlier so I wont try to change my vote anymore either, I'd like to stay in the game as long as possible so yeah...

Post has been edited 2 time(s), last time on Sep 2 2010, 8:38 pm by Wing Zero. Reason: ugh typos

Sep 2 2010, 8:23 pm Azrael Post #393

Nasus, I'm not saying you're Mafia. I'm saying you continually point your finger at people who just lynched a Mafia. If you are a Townie, then your method for picking suspects is seriously misguided. You keep repeating one thing over and over, that Wing changed his vote at the end, to the same person you were already voting for.

Like I said, Mafia don't vote for Mafia, not on the first day anyways. Not even if they plan to change it at the last minute. If he's Mafia, he'd have just sided with you against Raccoon from the beginning, trying to start a bandwagon. There was absolutely no benefit for a Mafia to try to lynch EzTerix, even if they planned to change it later.

Nasus, what if the reason you wanted to kill Raccoon was because he voted to lynch EzTerix? That's all I'm saying.

Anyone can see my last post to read through the facts. I'm not saying you're Mafia, but considering you've been helping confirmed Mafia the entire game, and trying to kill those who lynched the confirmed Mafia, it doesn't exactly put you in the best light.

Sep 2 2010, 8:34 pm poison_us Post #394

Back* from the grave

Sorry, wing, but I got another quote.
Quote from Nasus
I'm done letting you [Azrael] harass me, and any post you [Azrael] make I will summarily ignore.

Sep 2 2010, 8:49 pm Apos Post #395

I order you to forgive yourself!

If I was a mafia, I wouldn't change my way of treating the other mafias. Just trying to be professional, but nooooo...

Sep 2 2010, 8:58 pm Bar Refaeli Post #396

**** YO' ALL! @my doubters

there best be a doctor on me tonight

Wing use your investigate power tonight or I'm gonna smack you.

edit: lol we I got the doctor.

None.

Sep 2 2010, 9:05 pm TiKels Post #397

Since I cannot analyze clues I am just going to give you all of raccoon's posts that I believe deserve inspection.

Quote from TiKels
'Coon is obviously trying to get you all to vote for him by manipulation. It's really basic stuff.
Quote from name:Raccoon
Mafia bandwagon happening right here.

Enough of this. 20 minerals for whoever votes me.

Anyone but Wing imo. The only people coordinated enough to all get voted on one person (Wing) must be mafia

It's all underlying signs that he is DESPERATELY trying to be mayor. Why? Because if the mafia is mayor, and the mayor is mafia, it's bad shit.
Later on... Aristocrat was currently unaccounted for in terms of voting, so raccoon
I vote aristocrat
And he also does this for zilean.

Well I'm outta here for the night. More votes on Zilean or Me would be nice.
Not sure what else to say ;)

Tikels if you are so sure that I am mafia then vote anyone else besides Wing because wing is the real mafia and you won't mind as long as I'm not mayor, right?

The chances of mayor getting a boondock saint instead of mafia are most likely to be 1/5, thats a good chance to take if we lynch that person. Mayor is the only one who can investigate, unless one of us steps up w/ the clues we won't get mafia. Sorry wing but your whole bandwagon + tikels defending you so much when you didnt even say a word = scummy IMO, but for all I know mafia are just too stupid to start a bandwagon on themselves and get elected mayor. Investigate me the first night if you think I'm mafia and we shall see the results ^^
He says this after the idea was shown to be a bad idea.

Quote from Norm
Wing Zero: "Yeah, and I figure that it should be pretty ez now that I'm a Mayor, LOL"
"EzTerix?"
Just throwing that out there in case I'm a dead one tommorow.
After suspicion of him rises.

"If a topic that clearly interest noone needs to be closed to underline the "we don't want this here" message, is up to debate."

-NudeRaider

Sep 2 2010, 9:51 pm Bar Refaeli Post #398

It is almost like you are trying to
Quote from Norm
influence players in any way.

Shhhhh.

None.

Sep 2 2010, 10:40 pm Norm Post #399

Quote from Norm
o.O Things gettin pretty damn intense in here...

Night 3 will end @ 10am tomorrow. (eastern time, subject to be postponed)

Night 3 will for sure end at 4:30pm tomorrow, eastern time. Make sure you take care of business before then.

None.

Sep 2 2010, 11:15 pm EzTerix Post #400

I am happy that I've been the center of attention this turn :bleh:

None.

Options
Pages: < 1 « 18 19 20 21 2248 >
  Back to forum