Staredit Network > Forums > Null > Topic: NORM Mafia #1 - Game over
NORM Mafia #1 - Game over
Aug 16 2010, 2:50 am
By: Norm
Pages: < 1 « 20 21 22 23 2448 >

Sep 3 2010, 9:40 pm Azrael Post #421

2 down, 3 to go :lol: This game might be over pretty quickly.

Sep 3 2010, 9:42 pm Bar Refaeli Post #422

Both patrolman die, half the people who voted for Wing Zero for mayor turned out to be mafia, and Wing Zero isn't helping town much being mayor. SUSPICIOUS.
Good job doctors/townies who dodged, apparently a couple kills were avoided. I'll go clue hunting later.
I vote Wing Zero (there is a 1% chance of me staying on this vote, but just in case someone finds a real clue on him, I want to have the first vote in case there is a tie)

EDIT: Wing, what was the findings of your reports? And Norm, if a doctor saved a mafia target, do you include that in the story? or just push it off as irrelevant and no one dies.

None.

Sep 3 2010, 9:47 pm Norm Post #423

Quote from name:Raccoon
And Norm, if a doctor saved a mafia target, do you include that in the story? or just push it off as irrelevant and no one dies.

I do not report 'close call', 'almost', or 'utter miss' scenarios. Only what's relevant to the action.

None.

Sep 3 2010, 9:47 pm DevliN Post #424

OVERWATCH STATUS GO

Quote from Norm
A mysterious visitor was hiding outside - watching the old man through a window he had carelessly left open.

"Well, I guess that issue's going to solve itself... Unfortunately, I'll have to camp out to make sure he takes care of the job. It's probably better this way though: I don't like to get my hands dirty anyway."

Modmaster50
was declared dead the next morning.
So really this is all we have to work with, unless we wanna find out who our vigilante pal is, correct?

\:devlin\: Currently Working On: \:devlin\:
My Overwatch addiction.

Sep 3 2010, 9:48 pm Azrael Post #425

Speaking of things being left out, what happened to the zombie? It sounds like the Boondock Saint killed the Mafia that died, I thought the zombie was going to kill a Mafia too? I think two Mafia should have died, not one.

Sep 3 2010, 9:49 pm Riney Post #426

Thigh high affectionado

The mafia is smart this round, leaving the most 'untrustworthy members' alive.

I commend you mafia. But I will kill you either way.

Riney#6948 on Discord.
Riney on Steam (Steam)
@RineyCat on Twitter

-- Updated as of December 2021 --

Sep 3 2010, 9:51 pm Bar Refaeli Post #427

Quote from DevliN
Quote from Norm
A mysterious visitor was hiding outside - watching the old man through a window he had carelessly left open.

"Well, I guess that issue's going to solve itself... Unfortunately, I'll have to camp out to make sure he takes care of the job. It's probably better this way though: I don't like to get my hands dirty anyway."

Modmaster50
So really this is all we have to work with, unless we wanna find out who our vigilante pal is, correct?
And Derq's death, the small part of it involving mafia.
Little confused. Is he dead? His name isn't crossed off in the list, but his role is revealed

None.

Sep 3 2010, 9:51 pm Norm Post #428

Quote from DevliN

Since you're new to mafia, I'll answer: Anything that is not wrapped in [noclue] brackets, or is a post like this one just clarifying a question or announcing a deadline, may or may not contain one or more clue(s). Clues can either lead to the identity of a mafia, or be a red herring to trick the townies.

@Azrael, when the zombie has been killed, you WILL know.
@Raccoon, Derqua is dead, he got shot through the heart. Oooohh I see what you mean. I forgot to cross his name off, it's fixed now.

Post has been edited 3 time(s), last time on Sep 3 2010, 10:34 pm by Norm.

None.

Sep 3 2010, 9:56 pm DevliN Post #429

OVERWATCH STATUS GO

I was more referring to the idea that all the clues leading to Derq's death presumably pointed to ToA as mafia, but then ToA was then killed.

EDIT:
Unless I'm putting too much logic into this.

My Overwatch addiction.

Sep 3 2010, 9:59 pm Norm Post #430

You guys ask too many questions... get to voting.

None.

Sep 3 2010, 9:59 pm Roy Post #431

An artist's depiction of an Extended Unit Death

A few blocks away, an old Veteran sat at his kitchen table. He was the father of the late Ezterix and had fallen into a deep depression after finding out that his son was not only a traitor, but dead as well.

"Yeah," he slurred. "nothin' to live for anymore." His only company was a half-empty fifth of scotch and a more-empty-than-that bottle of pills. A mysterious visitor was hiding outside - watching the old man through a window he had carelessly left open.

Modmaster50

The mafia doesn't like to get his hands dirty. Not much of a hint... A swing in the dark: Pikmin come from the ground, dirt is on the ground -> Olimar.
Also, suicide could mean something.

Drinking seemed to be a major theme this night, if that means anything to anyone.

Only two mafia hits tonight, and four hits from night two, although one sounded like the boondock saint. A mafia member might be inactive, or maybe they're targeting the same person multiple times for some reason. Another possibility is that one of them has gained a second role, and is performing non-hit night actions. Since the mafia doctor is dead, it would have to point to Wing as mayor.

Anyway, contrary to night two, I didn't pick up any clues pointing to Wing for night three.

Did anyone pick up anything significant from the night post?

Sep 3 2010, 10:09 pm DevliN Post #432

OVERWATCH STATUS GO

Interesting coincidence that they also manage to hit both patrolmen, one each night.

My Overwatch addiction.

Sep 3 2010, 10:14 pm Apos Post #433

I order you to forgive yourself!

A few blocks away, an old Veteran sat at his kitchen table.
Riney are both DevliN veterans. (Not sure if I forgot anyone else.) I don't know if it was a clue, but it's been a couple times that clues that seemed to point to Riney. That is nicely put.

Edit: Also, there are still 3 more mafias to go, we got 1 Boondock Saint so I can say that out of 4, only 2 used their killing power.

Sep 3 2010, 10:23 pm Bar Refaeli Post #434

Quote from Norm

A few blocks away, an old Veteran sat at his kitchen table. He was the father of the late Ezterix and had fallen into a deep depression after finding out that his son was not only a traitor, but dead as well.

"Yeah," he slurred. "nothin' to live for anymore." His only company was a half-empty fifth of scotch and a more-empty-than-that bottle of pills. A mysterious visitor was hiding outside - watching the old man through a window he had carelessly left open.

Modmaster50
Red = probable clues. Norm has mentioned "blocks" and the number five a couple times now. Also the constant mentioning of alcohol is probably a clue.

DevliN has a point, in some mafia games the only clues about a certain mafia are in the paragraph in which said mafia kills a townie. Or maybe Norm put clues to all the mafia scattered throughout the page. Norm can you answer this or not?

None.

Sep 3 2010, 10:31 pm DevliN Post #435

OVERWATCH STATUS GO

Logically, the clues leading to someone's death should point to whomever killed that person (unless multiple people were involved, I guess). That's how I assumed it worked, at least.

My Overwatch addiction.

Sep 3 2010, 10:33 pm Norm Post #436

Quote from Norm
Since you're new to mafia, I'll answer: Anything that is not wrapped in [noclue] brackets, or is a post like this one just clarifying a question or announcing a deadline, may or may not contain one or more clue(s). Clues can either lead to the identity of a mafia, or be a red herring to trick the townies.

None.

Sep 3 2010, 10:36 pm DevliN Post #437

OVERWATCH STATUS GO

The question is whether the clues can lead to a random mafia or specifically the mafia member that did the killing. I guess based on your last post, it can be any mafia, though that seems... odd. :P

My Overwatch addiction.

Sep 3 2010, 10:38 pm Dem0n Post #438

ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ

Also the constant mentioning of alcohol is probably a clue.
Who here is a drunk? :O

Sep 3 2010, 10:41 pm DevliN Post #439

OVERWATCH STATUS GO

Quote from name:Dem0nS1ayer
Who here is a drunk old enough to drink? :O

On a more serious note, the only person playing who frequently talks about intoxication (as far as I can remember) is ToA, and he's dead.

My Overwatch addiction.

Sep 3 2010, 11:02 pm Roy Post #440

An artist's depiction of an Extended Unit Death

I vote Wing Zero (there is a 1% chance of me staying on this vote, but just in case someone finds a real clue on him, I want to have the first vote in case there is a tie).
Quote from Roy
A young boy was staying up late tonight playing Wii. Bad mistake. An older man was walking outside the boy's house, and the bright lights coming from the boy's window caught his attention. The older man casually broke in through the boy's window, but the boy was too involved with mashing the 'A' button as fast as he could to notice. The older man stood in the corner of the room - thoughts racing through his head. He reached into his coat pocket and pulled out a knife.

Playing a game could be a clue. Avatars that I easily recognize to originate from games: Wing Zero, OlimarandLouie, Azrael.Wrath. Although, Zelda, Pikmin, and Resident Evil don't really involve mashing buttons. Does anyone know some Wii games where the "A" button would be mashed? I'm only thinking of things like a Mario Party minigame.

The man lifted his leg out of the window, but looked back at his victim before he was all the way outside.

"Dumb kid, it doesn't matter who you're killing. It still takes... Courage."

... Wing might be mafia. Courage is one of the three parts of the Triforce (Power, Wisdom, Courage), which is his avatar.
Seeing how both patrolmen died so soon, I will also like to place a vote until convinced otherwise.

I vote Wing Zero

Options
Pages: < 1 « 20 21 22 23 2448 >
  Back to forum