Staredit Network > Forums > Modding Assistance > Topic: [SOLVED]Replacing wav in MPQ, sound not heard
[SOLVED]Replacing wav in MPQ, sound not heard
Apr 12 2014, 6:46 pm
By: programm  

Apr 12 2014, 6:46 pm programm Post #1

Can anyone help with that thing?

I sometimes play SCBW on my smartphone and I decided to give it a more SC2 feel by replacing some sounds. As you know all the sounds in SCBW are WAV files. So I took the race sounds that are WAVs, opened them in Audacity and pasted SC2 music in addition to these sounds, keeping them 22 KHz 32b etc.

Then I used Ladyk MPQ, deleted the original WAV files and started importing the new files but Ladyk MPQ gave me 'parameter error'. So I used MPQMaster that imported them without error but when I entered the game and I heard nothing for the WAVs that I replaced, no sound

How can I make the sound work? Ive seen some parameters but I am not sure what exactly to do with Audacity?

When I set to 11 or 22 Hz you know the music becomes super slow and the tone changes completely? So how do you preserve the sound, that is hear similar quality? Stereo-mono etc? Changing the Rate to 22 Khz makes it totally different and doesn't work when imported in MPQ anyway

So how do I prevent the '\PARAMETER\ error in Ladyk MPQ how do you import it in game to be heard ingame ?

Post has been edited 2 time(s), last time on Apr 13 2014, 9:30 am by programm.

None.

Apr 12 2014, 7:04 pm Roy Post #2

An artist's depiction of an Extended Unit Death

Moved topic to Modding Assistance.

Apr 12 2014, 7:33 pm O)FaRTy1billion[MM] Post #3

👻 👾 👽 💪

The sounds are not 32 bit audio, Audacity converts all sound files to 32 bit float when you import them. The source sounds are 16-bit 22050Hz Mono (or stereo, for the music).

When you change the sampling rate for an individual track in Audacity it doesn't actually convert the audio, it just plays it at the different rate. You need to change the Project Rate at the bottom of the window for it to not change the playback speed.

I am unfamiliar with Ladyk MPQ, so I can't help with that. And the sounds are likely not playing because they are saved with the wrong encodings (need to match those above).

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on Apr 12 2014, 7:38 pm by FaRTy1billion.

TinyMap2 - Latest in map compression! ( 7/09/14 - New build! )
EUD Action Enabler - Lightweight EUD/EPD support! (ChaosLauncher/MPQDraft support!)
EUDDB - topic - Help out by adding your EUDs! Or Submit reference files in the References tab!
MapSketch - New image->map generator!
EUDTrig - topic - Quickly and easily convert offsets to EUDs! (extended players supported)
SC2 Map Texture Mask Importer/Exporter - Edit texture placement in an image editor!
\:farty\: This page has been viewed [img]http://farty1billion.dyndns.org/Clicky.php?img.gif[/img] times!

Apr 12 2014, 7:53 pm programm Post #4

Bollocks!

I wasted 4 or 5 hrs altogether wondering why the music won't play, tried with Ladik MPQ - it wont even let me import files cause of 'Parameter error' and with MPQ Master it didn't import properly either and when I named the files as they appeared without list like Unknown... or File0000012 they would not work.

But I took WinMPQ, dl-ed the DLL and OCX files that it was missing to make it work on windows 8.1. Used a (list) to see how they are named inside the mpq, then guess what:

Not even need to lower WAV files, at 32 bit, 44.1 KHz, Stereo naming them after the list file's names and replacing those WAV files - and tadaam - the replaced music is heard! I did use 22 KHz to reduce size, though.

I've used WinMPQ in the past like in Vista and now it didn't fail me again

Post has been edited 5 time(s), last time on Apr 13 2014, 12:09 pm by programm.

None.

Options
  Back to forum