Staredit Network > Forums > Null > Topic: Mafia: Cosa Infernostra
Mafia: Cosa Infernostra
This topic is locked. You can no longer write replies here.
Jul 29 2011, 4:54 am
By: lil-Inferno
Pages: < 1 « 11 12 13 14 1539 >

Aug 5 2011, 2:08 am Azrael Post #241

Actually this is a game of behavioral analysis, much more so than a game of clue interpretation. Role claiming, fakeclaiming, and counterclaiming fall into the former, and are an integral part of the game. Some Mafia games don't even offer clues, and the quality of clues in the rest of games differ for every host, making them questionably reliable at best. That's not even considering red herrings.

Quote from DevliN
I edited my above post with links to other sites that also allow role-claiming, as it is a big part of Mafia with role variants.

Yeah, a lot of strategies in such Mafia games involve the timing and setting for role claims, truthful or otherwise.

Aug 5 2011, 2:13 am TiKels Post #242

Any chance anyone could protect me tonight? I'm lonely </3

"If a topic that clearly interest noone needs to be closed to underline the "we don't want this here" message, is up to debate."

-NudeRaider

Aug 5 2011, 2:15 am Azrael Post #243

Fuck no.

Aug 5 2011, 2:16 am rayNimagi Post #244

Quote from TiKels
Any chance anyone could protect me tonight? I'm lonely </3

I don't think there's a Hooker in this setup.

Win by luck, lose by skill.

Aug 5 2011, 2:23 am DevliN Post #245

OVERWATCH STATUS GO

Quote from Echo
Doesn't matter. Afk not playing.
So I take it you're Mafia and didn't even attempt to claim something that would be somewhat difficult to verify? :awesome:

\:devlin\: Currently Working On: \:devlin\:
My Overwatch addiction.

Aug 5 2011, 2:25 am Aristocrat Post #246

Quote from DevliN
Quote from Echo
So I take it you're Mafia and didn't even attempt to claim something that would be somewhat difficult to verify? :awesome:

In his defense, the roles are too unique. The only multi-roles are policemen and bodyguards, and he cannot fake-claim bodyguards while a policeman fakeclaim is easily foiled.

None.

Aug 5 2011, 2:31 am poison_us Post #247

Back* from the grave

Echo trolling, what a surprise.

Aug 5 2011, 2:33 am DevliN Post #248

OVERWATCH STATUS GO

Quote from Aristocrat
Quote from DevliN
Quote from Echo

In his defense, the roles are too unique. The only multi-roles are policemen and bodyguards, and he cannot fake-claim bodyguards while a policeman fakeclaim is easily foiled.
I suppose so. I was looking at roles like Elder, Pardoner, Psycho, Theoretical Physicist, Zombie, etc. that either don't have activated abilities or abilities that couldn't be used yet. Obviously a Detective helps determine who is lying, but considering he can only check one player per night, Echo could have gotten lucky and not be the one checked.

My Overwatch addiction.

Aug 5 2011, 2:56 am Roy Post #249

An artist's depiction of an Extended Unit Death

This is an interesting development. I insist that everyone voice their opinion, as it is providing very useful information to me.

That, or I've been watching too many consecutive episodes of Death Note.

Aug 5 2011, 3:58 am poison_us Post #250

Back* from the grave

...What are you talking about Roy?

Aug 5 2011, 4:47 am Wing Zero Post #251

Magic box god; Suck it Corbo

I think he wants to start a new tkg

Aug 5 2011, 4:47 am Riney Post #252

Thigh high affectionado

So this is how this works:

Azrael, knowing he'd gain favor of the town rather easily, starts getting a few votes, and others respecting Roy's post also vote for his choice. Cardinal, now knowing that he wont be the mafia in his family to get mayor, abstains knowing that he is now part of Azraels master plan (We'll get to this in a minute). Azrael knowing hes going to win the election, starts calling out for votes to kill a target. All votes EXCEPT ONE are seen inside the thread. The mysterious vote against cardinal remains unseen to the public eye, and the decision making process behind why cardinal was picked anyway remains unclear. Azrael then asks for roles, and most importantly who the saint is. With all of this knowledge, he can now kill whoever and whatever he needs to, in order to win.

Azrael and AngelSpirit now have more protection than anyone, UNLESS Azrael is lynched.

Echo, do the right thing and vote correctly tomorrow. Azrael is a Mafia.

Kill him.

Riney#6948 on Discord.
Riney on Steam (Steam)
@RineyCat on Twitter

-- Updated as of December 2021 --

Aug 5 2011, 4:52 am poison_us Post #253

Back* from the grave

Aug 5 2011, 4:55 am DevliN Post #254

OVERWATCH STATUS GO

Quote from DevliN
Quote from Aristocrat
Quote from DevliN
Quote from Echo

I suppose so. I was looking at roles like Elder, Pardoner, Psycho, Theoretical Physicist, Zombie, etc. that either don't have activated abilities or abilities that couldn't be used yet. Obviously a Detective helps determine who is lying, but considering he can only check one player per night, Echo could have gotten lucky and not be the one checked.
Also to add on to this, I forgot we have a Zombie, who is supposed to be a regular Townsperson until they die. He could have claimed that, too.

My Overwatch addiction.

Aug 5 2011, 4:59 am Azrael Post #255

Quote from Riney
All votes EXCEPT ONE are seen inside the thread.

This is factually incorrect. All votes except one were anonymous. Only the vote for Poison was in the thread.

Quote from Riney
the decision making process behind why cardinal was picked anyway remains unclear.

Because I thought he was Mafia? Oh hey, I was right.

Quote from Riney
Azrael then asks for roles, and most importantly who the saint is.

I asked for roles to weed out Mafia. I didn't ask who the Saint is. I am the Saint.

Quote from Riney
Azrael and AngelSpirit now have more protection than anyone

This makes no sense. If TiKels is the other Mafia in Angel's family, then Angel is the least protected player.

Quote from Riney
Echo, do the right thing and vote correctly tomorrow.

It should be noted that Echo and Riney are the only two players who have refused to claim their role.

Aug 5 2011, 5:15 am Riney Post #256

Thigh high affectionado

Quote from name:Azrael.Wrath
This is factually incorrect. All votes except one were anonymous. Only the vote for Poison was in the thread.

Exactly, whos to say you didnt just make it up?

Because I thought he was Mafia? Oh hey, I was right.

Because you KNEW he was mafia.

I asked for roles to weed out Mafia. I didn't ask who the Saint is. I am the Saint.

Boonie, Mafia, they both look the same.

This makes no sense. If TiKels is the other Mafia in Angel's family, then Angel is the least protected player.

And what happens when hes not? "Oh my bad guys I thought he was mafia because I actually trusted people when they gave me role pms"

It should be noted that Echo and Riney are the only two players who have refused to claim their role.

If I remember correctly, Mafia was all about lying to everyone; this whole everyong giving up their role pms thing is kinda disturbing. Why people trust you enough without proof is beyond me, but I have you figured out mafia. Ive helped lead the town to victory many times in the past with correct role usage, and crushed the town enough with trickery as mafia. I know how this game is played, and youre playing it just as I would if I were mafia.

Riney#6948 on Discord.
Riney on Steam (Steam)
@RineyCat on Twitter

Aug 5 2011, 5:20 am Azrael Post #257

It sounds as if you know how the night post is going to turn out already. Interesting.

You're either trolling hard, dumb, or Mafia. Those are the only three choices.

Aug 5 2011, 5:24 am Riney Post #258

Thigh high affectionado

It sounds as if you know how the night post is going to turn out already. Interesting.

You're either trolling hard, dumb, or Mafia. Those are the only three choices.

Or Im right

Riney#6948 on Discord.
Riney on Steam (Steam)
@RineyCat on Twitter

Aug 5 2011, 5:32 am Azrael Post #259

Well I know you aren't right, that isn't a possibility. Anyone with any common sense would know as well.

Aug 5 2011, 5:33 am Riney Post #260

Thigh high affectionado

Well I know you aren't right, that isn't a possibility. Anyone with any common sense would know as well.

What by pulling off the greatest mafia related scam of all time? People have done it before.

Riney#6948 on Discord.
Riney on Steam (Steam)
@RineyCat on Twitter

Options
Pages: < 1 « 11 12 13 14 1539 >
  Back to forum