Staredit Network > Forums > Null > Topic: Mafia: Cosa Infernostra
Mafia: Cosa Infernostra
This topic is locked. You can no longer write replies here.
Jul 29 2011, 4:54 am
By: lil-Inferno
Pages: < 1 « 13 14 15 16 1739 >

Aug 5 2011, 4:37 pm poison_us Post #281

Back* from the grave

Quote from Raitaki
Quote from Aristocrat
Quote from Raitaki
Quote from Jack
Now, I'm sure AW has PMed certain of you saying that if I post in this thread claiming that my investigation shows he is mafia, then I am mafia and should be lynched.
Now I'm not saying that he'd actually sent me a PM like that, but if you claim your investigation shows that he's mafia, then yer most likely mafia and/or trolling, since AFAIK the OP clearly states the mayor can't be targetted as long as his bodyguards are still around.

Targeted by hits only, I would imagine.
Inf, to clear our doubts and confusion, can you list the number of night actions (if any) that can target the mayor while bodyguards are alive?
:facepalm:

Also, Aristo, your theory is looking more and more legit. I was thinking last night about basically the same thing. If the mayor is a mafia, then as long as he's alive his don is unkillable, they're bulletproof. All it needs is a little trust from another source (Roy), and BOOM!

Since there are two policemen, I suggest they work together and one jails DM, while the other jails Azrael. If Aristo's theory is correct, then IF they both have night hits, then there will be at most 2 townies dying. However, if at least one is not mafia, then there can be up to 4 townies dying.

As long as both are in jail, there will be less dying and shit. If they aren't mafia, unless the remaining mafia are retarded, then there will be only 2 deaths, so that we have two very guilty looking players in the spotlight. If they are mafia, well, then they can't very well kill if they're jailed, can they?

EDIT: oh, wow, ANY nighttime action. Fucking BS.

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on Aug 5 2011, 4:47 pm by poison_us.

Aug 5 2011, 4:47 pm Aristocrat Post #282

Quote from poison_us
Since there are two policemen, I suggest they work together and one jails DM, while the other jails Azrael. If Aristo's theory is correct, then IF they both have night hits, then there will be at most 2 townies dying. However, if at least one is not mafia, then there can be up to 4 townies dying.

Wait, how does DM factor into this? Did he claim mafia or something?

EDIT> Wow Inferno, wtf.

None.

Aug 5 2011, 4:49 pm Riney Post #283

Thigh high affectionado

The point was If. Now theres nothing stopping a crafty mafia from just not placing a hit, or accidentally hitting someone under doctor protection, so its really not too much to work with.

Riney#6948 on Discord.
Riney on Steam (Steam)
@RineyCat on Twitter

-- Updated as of December 2021 --

Aug 5 2011, 5:05 pm poison_us Post #284

Back* from the grave

Quote from Aristocrat
Quote from poison_us

Wait, how does DM factor into this? Did he claim mafia or something?

EDIT> Wow Inferno, wtf.
Azrael thinks DM is mafia because he won't claim. Roughly half of the town thinks we elected a mayor that is mafia. There are three possible situations: One is mafia, both are, or none are. In fact, now my previous post's point is null, since Azrael can make it look however he wants. Since we cannot have a policeman jail him, if we still jail DM, he can hit the one of the opposing mafia faction's and make it look like he's a boondock and DM's a mafia. If we don't jail him, he can hit whoever he wants and pull it off like he shot at Roy to do his dodge thingy.

Aug 5 2011, 5:30 pm Roy Post #285

An artist's depiction of an Extended Unit Death

Quote from poison_us
Roughly half of the town thinks we elected a mayor that is mafia.
So far, I've noticed the strongest accusers to be you, Aristocrat, and Riney. I wouldn't consider this roughly half the town, and there is the additional potential that of this collection, one or more are mafia members. If Azrael is mafia, they would still be in a very strong position at this stage of the game.

Quote from poison_us
If we don't jail him, he can hit whoever he wants and pull it off like he shot at Roy to do his dodge thingy.
I'm not sure what you meant from this sentence. Could you elaborate?

Aug 5 2011, 5:35 pm poison_us Post #286

Back* from the grave

Quote from Roy
Quote from poison_us
Roughly half of the town thinks we elected a mayor that is mafia.
So far, I've noticed the strongest accusers to be you, Aristocrat, and Riney. I wouldn't consider this roughly half the town, and there is the additional potential that of this collection, one or more are mafia members. If Azrael is mafia, they would still be in a very strong position at this stage of the game.
Yes, because the only people who could possibly want to take down a mafia mayor are A) not going to speak up before they basically sentence themselves to death if it fails, and B) unwilling to take down an otherwise invincible mafia family.

Quote from Roy
Quote from poison_us
If we don't jail him, he can hit whoever he wants and pull it off like he shot at Roy to do his dodge thingy.
I'm not sure what you meant from this sentence. Could you elaborate?
You said you'd dodge the first night to prove you're a town, correct? If not, woops.

Aug 5 2011, 5:38 pm Riney Post #287

Thigh high affectionado

Quote from Roy
I guess Inferno's game really does work differently... Trolololol

I'm gonna do my obligatory first-night dodge.

Riney#6948 on Discord.
Riney on Steam (Steam)
@RineyCat on Twitter

Aug 5 2011, 5:38 pm Wing Zero Post #288

Magic box god; Suck it Corbo

Roy uses dodge the first night every game, since hes usually a priority target

Aug 5 2011, 7:06 pm Azrael Post #289

Quote from poison_us
Also, Aristo, your theory is looking more and more legit.

Really? Because the night post hasn't been posted yet. What about it seems legit? The only fact you have so far is that I've killed a Mafia member and that I claimed my Boondock role as soon as the game started.

Quote from poison_us
Since there are two policemen, I suggest they work together and one jails DM, while the other jails Azrael.

That's retarded since I'm Boondock. Only Mafia will get hits and the Town will not.

Trying to get an anti-Mayor bandwagon rolling before the night post even shows the results of our actions is premature at best and incredibly stupid at worst.

Think of it this way: If I am Mafia, the Town lost no matter what. I know every single Townie's role, which I'd have already given to the rest of the Mafia. They would target the Doctor and Policemen first, then start eliminating everyone else one at a time. They'd know the Bodyguards as well, you so could never have another Mayor. It would certainly be game over for the Town.

That being the case, you should operate under the assumption that I am a Townie until you have reason to believe otherwise. So far the only thing I've done is execute Mafia. Luckily for you, I am actually the Boondock Saint :rolleyes:

Post has been edited 2 time(s), last time on Aug 5 2011, 7:14 pm by Azrael.Wrath.

Aug 5 2011, 7:33 pm Riney Post #290

Thigh high affectionado

Quote from name:Azrael.Wrath
Quote from poison_us
Also, Aristo, your theory is looking more and more legit.

Really? Because the night post hasn't been posted yet. What about it seems legit? The only fact you have so far is that I've killed a Mafia member and that I claimed my Boondock role as soon as the game started.

Actually you claimed it after you got Mayor. Had you done so BEFORE, things might be different.

Quote from poison_us
Since there are two policemen, I suggest they work together and one jails DM, while the other jails Azrael.

That's retarded since I'm Boondock. Only Mafia will get hits and the Town will not.

Trying to get an anti-Mayor bandwagon rolling before the night post even shows the results of our actions is premature at best and incredibly stupid at worst.

Think of it this way: If I am Mafia, the Town lost no matter what. I know every single Townie's role, which I'd have already given to the rest of the Mafia. They would target the Doctor and Policemen first, then start eliminating everyone else one at a time. They'd know the Bodyguards as well, you so could never have another Mayor. It would certainly be game over for the Town.

That being the case, you should operate under the assumption that I am a Townie until you have reason to believe otherwise. So far the only thing I've done is execute Mafia. Luckily for you, I am actually the Boondock Saint :rolleyes:

And we STILL dont know who gave the order to kill Cardinal. Nobody here has even stepped forward. Im more than positive that you picked him because you knew he was mafia to begin with.

Riney#6948 on Discord.
Riney on Steam (Steam)
@RineyCat on Twitter

Aug 5 2011, 7:34 pm poison_us Post #291

Back* from the grave

Someone seems a little uptight.

EDIT: @Azrael.

Aug 5 2011, 7:42 pm Azrael Post #292

Quote from Riney
Actually you claimed it after you got Mayor.

Actually I claimed it before I got Mayor, like I already said. That's part of the reason why I was elected.

Quote from Riney
nd we STILL dont know who gave the order to kill Cardinal. Nobody here has even stepped forward. Im more than positive that you picked him because you knew he was mafia to begin with.

http://www.staredit.net/?p=shoutbox&view=1354

I picked him because I thought he was Mafia, yes. That's the point.

Read this. For your sake you should hope you're wrong. And you have no reason to think you're right, so that helps.

I'm also wondering why you refuse to wait for the night post before jumping to such bold and unfounded conclusions? You are using that I killed a Mafia as the only proof that I am Mafia? Pretty sure that can be used as stronger evidence for my Town-alignment :rolleyes:

Aug 5 2011, 7:46 pm Riney Post #293

Thigh high affectionado

I have received 9 role claims thus far. If it isn't clear already, I am Boondock Saint.

To make a role claim, PM me.

Anyone who claims anything will be considered innocent, unless your claim conflicts with someone else's claim, in which case you will both be considered guilty.

Those who do not claim anything at all will be candidates for the next execution.

This is the first mention of your role in public eyes. It was also CLEARLY after you had won and murdered cardinal.

Riney#6948 on Discord.
Riney on Steam (Steam)
@RineyCat on Twitter

Aug 5 2011, 7:46 pm poison_us Post #294

Back* from the grave

Or the fact that you KNEW he was mafia might be a bit much.

As a side note, and I hope anyone reading this looks back and realizes how true this is, once suspicions, not even accusations, were brought against you, you suddenly went from benevolent to...well, this

Post has been edited 2 time(s), last time on Aug 5 2011, 7:53 pm by poison_us. Reason: Aand my color tags hate me.

Aug 5 2011, 7:59 pm Azrael Post #295

Quote from Riney
This is the first mention of your role in public eyes.

No, it wasn't.

Do you dislike me because you think I have a superiority complex or because you think I'm Mafia? :wtfage:

To be honest, you almost seem determined to purposely lose, since I'm pretty sure all two of the contributors to this discussion are actually Townies. Pretty sad really.

Aug 5 2011, 8:29 pm Aristocrat Post #296

Uhh...

None.

Aug 5 2011, 8:38 pm Riney Post #297

Thigh high affectionado

Quote from Riney
This is the first mention of your role in public eyes.

No, it wasn't.

Post it

Riney#6948 on Discord.
Riney on Steam (Steam)
@RineyCat on Twitter

Aug 5 2011, 8:40 pm poison_us Post #298

Back* from the grave

Do you dislike me because you think I have a superiority complex or because you think I'm Mafia? :wtfage:

To be honest, you almost seem determined to purposely lose, since I'm pretty sure all two of the contributors to this discussion are actually Townies. Pretty sad really.
Yes, I dislike you because of your superiority complex. I think you're mafia because of your actions and apparent knowledge of mafia that, quite frankly, you cannot otherwise have.

Aug 5 2011, 8:48 pm Azrael Post #299

Quote from poison_us
Yes, I dislike you because of your superiority complex.

Aw :-(

Quote from poison_us
I think you're mafia because of your actions and apparent knowledge of mafia that, quite frankly, you cannot otherwise have.

What knowledge I couldn't otherwise have? I killed one Mafia, the person that seemed the most suspicious to me.

I have not done anything that has not been in the Town's best interests.

Aug 5 2011, 9:10 pm poison_us Post #300

Back* from the grave

"Your actions" wasn't directed at killing a mafia that may or may not be in the same group as you. "Your actions" would include things like asking for claims while having no proof, other than your word, that you are a boondock and not a mafia. When the night's over, how are we to tell the difference between the two? Sure, a boondock can miss a mafia and hit a townie, but rarely does a mafia ignore what his Don's orders likely are, and then, even more preposterously, they hit a mafia. Regardlesss of your affiliation, you can claim whatever you want about suspicions at this point, as Cardinal's dead with no clues against him other than his actions, which were certainly less mafiaish than mine or Jack's.

And I'm going to stop arguing after this bit. You've certainly ignored a few of my points, but my biggest one remains:

Quote from poison_us
As a side note, and I hope anyone reading this looks back and realizes how true this is, once suspicions, not even accusations, were brought against you, you suddenly went from benevolent to...well, this

You were all nice and shit about your Mayoral position, then once suspicions were raised you became hysterical. Now you're calm again. Someone temporarily lose their cool, or did you just have a bad couple of hours? Either way, I for one would like the emotional roller coaster to stop. Either get pissed and stay pissed, or be chill, bro. It's just a forum game.

Options
Pages: < 1 « 13 14 15 16 1739 >
  Back to forum