Staredit Network > Forums > Null > Topic: Mafia: Cosa Infernostra
Mafia: Cosa Infernostra
This topic is locked. You can no longer write replies here.
Jul 29 2011, 4:54 am
By: lil-Inferno
Pages: < 1 « 12 13 14 15 1639 >

Aug 5 2011, 6:10 am Moose Post #261

We live in a society.

Just wanted to note that, surprisingly, I didn't notice too much of it going on when I was hosting. (to my knowledge)
I will also admit that the lack of it was actually quite disappointing.

Aug 5 2011, 6:15 am Riney Post #262

Thigh high affectionado

Quote from Mini Moose 2707
Just wanted to note that, surprisingly, I didn't notice too much of it going on when I was hosting. (to my knowledge)
I will also admit that the lack of it was actually quite disappointing.

We never did, most people thought it was against the rules entirely. And honestly I prefered it that way too. Now youve got a game of 7 suspects, and the other 13 just get to collaborate.

Theres honestly way too many power roles for this style of play.

Edit: And Ive noticed. After looking at AngelSpirits profile all day, why is it that the two mafia dons, and yourself, are always the ones who viewed their profile last? Azrael, its doubtful youre looking for clues, so you had to be PMing him. But why? Why else. Mafia.

Game

Riney#6948 on Discord.
Riney on Steam (Steam)
@RineyCat on Twitter

-- Updated as of December 2021 --

Aug 5 2011, 6:25 am Moose Post #263

We live in a society.

Quote from Riney
We never did, most people thought it was against the rules entirely. And honestly I prefered it that way too. Now youve got a game of 7 suspects, and the other 13 just get to collaborate.
Showing someone your actual role (IE, demonstrating 100% undeniable proof) through PM/video/password sharing/etc. was against the rules. You could still run your mouth all you want and claim whatever you felt would help. The rules was actually in place with the intention of enabling role claiming.

Side note: Apologies for interrupting discussion about this particular game into more general mafia stuff.

Aug 5 2011, 6:25 am Azrael Post #264

Quote from Riney
After looking at AngelSpirits profile all day, why is it that the two mafia dons, and yourself, are always the ones who viewed their profile last?

You have yet again managed to make yourself look ridiculous. I opened everyone's profile at the same time to check them against the clues from the day post :rolleyes: If you'd taken five seconds to look at other profiles, including your own, you'd have noticed that.

I don't open profiles to PM people btw, that's retarded to even think.

Again, there are no choices except you are trolling, dumb, or mafia.

Quote from Mini Moose 2707
You could still run your mouth all you want and claim whatever you felt would help. The rules was actually in place with the intention of enabling role claiming.

Something that everyone apparently knows except for him and Echo, somehow.

Aug 5 2011, 6:28 am Riney Post #265

Thigh high affectionado

Quote from name:Azrael.Wrath
Quote from Riney
After looking at AngelSpirits profile all day, why is it that the two mafia dons, and yourself, are always the ones who viewed their profile last?

You have yet again managed to make yourself look ridiculous. I opened everyone's profile at the same time to check them against the clues from the day post :rolleyes: If you'd taken five seconds to look at other profiles, including your own, you'd have noticed that.

I don't open profiles to PM people btw, that's retarded to even think.

Again, there are no choices except you are trolling, dumb, or mafia.

Mafia always use aggressive, and pointless, harassment in their posts to seam innocent. And seeing how you havent assembled a list of avatars, or provided ANYTHING in the lines of Clue Interpretation, Im left with even more doubt of you being a townie. Again, why would you even need to check someone for clues WHEN THEYRE ALREADY THE DON?

Not sure if troll, or made obvious mistake.

Riney#6948 on Discord.
Riney on Steam (Steam)
@RineyCat on Twitter

-- Updated as of December 2021 --

Aug 5 2011, 6:31 am Azrael Post #266

I opened my own profile too :rolleyes: I opened them all at the same time, as already stated. It takes literally a second to just open them all simultaneously.

Quote from Riney
Mafia always use aggressive, and pointless, harassment in their posts to seam innocent.

And what do you call your sudden bout of rage exactly?

Aug 5 2011, 6:46 am TiKels Post #267

It better not be day when I wake up cuz i got shit to do here.

"If a topic that clearly interest noone needs to be closed to underline the "we don't want this here" message, is up to debate."

-NudeRaider

Aug 5 2011, 7:48 am DevliN Post #268

OVERWATCH STATUS GO

Quote from Riney
Mafia always use aggressive, and pointless, harassment in their posts to seam innocent.
That's not exactly true. There was that one Mafia game where I was Mafia and played it cool for the entire game and we won. I know that's been effective for a lot of players as well.

I think typically those who immediately get defensive are Mafia.

\:devlin\: Currently Working On: \:devlin\:
My Overwatch addiction.

Aug 5 2011, 10:38 am Jack Post #269

>be faceless void >mfw I have no face

Not enough role claims? Ok. I'm the detective. Doctor, protect me tonight please.

Now, I'm sure AW has PMed certain of you saying that if I post in this thread claiming that my investigation shows he is mafia, then I am mafia and should be lynched. If I post that he's a townie then I am the real holmes.

This seems like mafia trickery to me. Thing 1: I'm dead no matter what I do (almost). If he's innocent and I say so mafia kill me because I revealed I'm detective and they'll want to double team me. If he's mafia and I say he's mafia I get lynched. And if the mafias aren't working together and he's one of the mafia but the doctor protects me and no one votes to lynch me, the other mafias still hit me.

Thing 2: AW's thinking is flawed if he's a townie. If I am mafia I am most definitely going to say he's innocent, to gain the towns trust. If I say he's mafia and he's a townie then I die, no point to that for me. Now, if he's a mafia and the mafias aren't working together or haven't revealed who they all are to each other, his thinking suddenly makes sense. He probably has two role claims to Detective. He doesn't know which one is real. And he wants both enemy mafia and the town to die. So what he does is gets both of us to post in the thread, then no matter what we say kills both of us, the real detective who says he's mafia via mafia hit at night and the liar by lynch. He then gains more townie trust becase a mafia died, and the town assumes the dead detective was due to the real mafia.

So basically I'm thinking before my investigation results come in that AW is mafia. His modus operandi has been to gain the town's trust from the start; this is mafia style not townie style. Townies wait until more information is revealed before trying to gain peiple's trust. And my thing two also suggests he is mafia. I'll post the results as I get them, no matter what they are; it is the doctor/s decision and the town's decision as to whether or not I die.

If riney is mafia he's playing a pretty crappy mafia, which isn't like him. Unless he's intentionally playing a bad mafia to draw suspicion away from him, when he really is mafia...

MIND ASPLODE

Red classic.

"In short, their absurdities are so extreme that it is painful even to quote them."

Aug 5 2011, 10:55 am Azrael Post #270

Now everyone knows you're Detective. That alone makes you seem legit since you're apparently not worried about a counterclaim.

Like I said, investigate me and share the results publicly. Let's get Riney's "omg hes not really boondock" shit over with already. Although the fact I claimed as soon as the game started, without collecting any info about other people's roles first, was a pretty good indication already.

And no, I didn't PM anyone anything regarding your investigation. I didn't share your role at all.

Aug 5 2011, 1:19 pm Aristocrat Post #271

My revised theory:

Assume the two mafia families looked like this, and that the two families did not agree to cooperate:

xAngelSpiritx ------------------- LoTu)S
Cardinal ---------------------- Mafioso 1
Azrael.Wrath ----------------- Mafioso 2

After the mayoral killing, we have:

xAngelSpiritx ------------------- LoTu)S
Cardinal ---------------------- Mafioso 1
Azrael.Wrath ----------------- Mafioso 2

No one distrusts Azrael right now. Since he is the mayor, he is invulnerable to night hits and very unlikely to be lynched since he just killed a fellow Mafioso.

Mafia family 2 and the town become unable to inflict damage on xAngelSpiritx's mafia family.

None.

Aug 5 2011, 1:25 pm DevliN Post #272

OVERWATCH STATUS GO

So you don't think Echo is Mafia, or were you just leaving him out?

Also a few people distrust Az at the moment, it seems.

My Overwatch addiction.

Aug 5 2011, 1:29 pm Aristocrat Post #273

Quote from DevliN
Also a few people distrust Az at the moment, it seems.

I don't think anyone else really took my theory seriously. :(

EDIT> But if my theory is correct, we still have no idea who the anon mafioso are. Even if we do kill Azrael and he turns out to be mafia, there are still 2 more night hits available to the other mafia family.

None.

Aug 5 2011, 1:35 pm DevliN Post #274

OVERWATCH STATUS GO

Unless Echo is trollin' (which as we all know is highly likely), I'm guessing he is one of them.

My Overwatch addiction.

Aug 5 2011, 2:06 pm Raitaki Post #275

Quote from Jack
Now, I'm sure AW has PMed certain of you saying that if I post in this thread claiming that my investigation shows he is mafia, then I am mafia and should be lynched.
Now I'm not saying that he'd actually sent me a PM like that, but if you claim your investigation shows that he's mafia, then yer most likely mafia and/or trolling, since AFAIK the OP clearly states the mayor can't be targetted as long as his bodyguards are still around.

None.

Aug 5 2011, 2:56 pm lil-Inferno Post #276

Just here for the pie

Expect the night post some time tonight or tomorrow provided that some people don't continue to fluctuate their actions.

Aug 5 2011, 3:00 pm Aristocrat Post #277

Quote from Raitaki
Quote from Jack
Now, I'm sure AW has PMed certain of you saying that if I post in this thread claiming that my investigation shows he is mafia, then I am mafia and should be lynched.
Now I'm not saying that he'd actually sent me a PM like that, but if you claim your investigation shows that he's mafia, then yer most likely mafia and/or trolling, since AFAIK the OP clearly states the mayor can't be targetted as long as his bodyguards are still around.

Targeted by hits only, I would imagine.

None.

Aug 5 2011, 3:28 pm Raitaki Post #278

Quote from Aristocrat
Quote from Raitaki
Quote from Jack

Targeted by hits only, I would imagine.
Inf, to clear our doubts and confusion, can you list the number of night actions (if any) that can target the mayor while bodyguards are alive?

None.

Aug 5 2011, 4:17 pm NicholasBeige Post #279

Quote from Raitaki
Quote from Jack
I think the body guards stop hits. Not doctors and detectives.

None.

Aug 5 2011, 4:21 pm Raitaki Post #280

Quote from name:Cardinal
Quote from Raitaki
Quote from Jack
I think the body guards stop hits. Not doctors and detectives.
Just let Inf clarify it, cuz all of the people who play yugioh regularly (like me) may still think that "not targettable" applies to everything =/

None.

Options
Pages: < 1 « 12 13 14 15 1639 >
  Back to forum