Staredit Network > Forums > Games > Topic: Minecraft
Minecraft
Sep 27 2010, 10:05 am
By: Sie_Sayoka
Pages: < 1 « 22 23 24 25 2633 >

Sep 15 2011, 3:34 am NicholasBeige Post #461

It's about time Mojang added some shit. They've been riding the initial wave of indie-stardom for far too long, occasionally getting lifts by awesome fan-made mods. Just need to multithread this shit and add better FPS elements and it'd be good to go.

None.

Sep 15 2011, 9:14 am O)FaRTy1billion[MM] Post #462

👻 👾 👽 💪

First cave I wandered into opened up into a massive chasm full of waterfalls and lavafalls. xD It apparently replaced a dungeon or whatever that was ... so all I saw was a bunch of floating wooden doorways. xD

1.8 is a lot laggier than all of the previous versions ... each one made it run so much smoother. :( Also it is crashing a lot more frequently than before. :(

TinyMap2 - Latest in map compression! ( 7/09/14 - New build! )
EUD Action Enabler - Lightweight EUD/EPD support! (ChaosLauncher/MPQDraft support!)
EUDDB - topic - Help out by adding your EUDs! Or Submit reference files in the References tab!
MapSketch - New image->map generator!
EUDTrig - topic - Quickly and easily convert offsets to EUDs! (extended players supported)
SC2 Map Texture Mask Importer/Exporter - Edit texture placement in an image editor!
\:farty\: This page has been viewed [img]http://farty1billion.dyndns.org/Clicky.php?img.gif[/img] times!

Sep 15 2011, 12:35 pm poison_us Post #463

Back* from the grave

Quote from O)FaRTy1billion[MM]
First cave I wandered into opened up into a massive chasm full of waterfalls and lavafalls. xD It apparently replaced a dungeon or whatever that was ... so all I saw was a bunch of floating wooden doorways. xD
That's an abandoned mine, iirc.

1.8 is a lot laggier than all of the previous versions ... each one made it run so much smoother. :(
Agreed. Now my laptop can't use Misa's ;_;

Sep 15 2011, 4:08 pm NicholasBeige Post #464

1.8 is a lot laggier than all of the previous versions ... each one made it run so much smoother. :(
Agreed. Now my laptop can't use Misa's ;_;[/color][/quote]
Same. On creative mode at least if I'm flying around I run out of memory and it crashes. Survival mode runs sort of okay with the occasional random crash.

None.

Sep 15 2011, 4:30 pm poison_us Post #465

Back* from the grave

Out of memory is your fault, not Minecraft's. I have yet to actually crash on 1.8, though weird things like rain falling through plank and stone ceilings are common.

Sep 15 2011, 4:33 pm Riney Post #466

Thigh high affectionado

Quote from poison_us
Out of memory is your fault, not Minecraft's. I have yet to actually crash on 1.8, though weird things like rain falling through plank and stone ceilings are common.

Ive yet to crash as well. It only happens on some people for some reason.

Riney#6948 on Discord.
Riney on Steam (Steam)
@RineyCat on Twitter

-- Updated as of December 2021 --

Sep 17 2011, 2:35 am TiKels Post #467

Craft-life, anyone?

"If a topic that clearly interest noone needs to be closed to underline the "we don't want this here" message, is up to debate."

-NudeRaider

Sep 20 2011, 6:47 am O)FaRTy1billion[MM] Post #468

👻 👾 👽 💪

I'm trying to make stuff in 1.8, but minecraft keeps crashing :(

EUD Action Enabler - Lightweight EUD/EPD support! (ChaosLauncher/MPQDraft support!)
EUDDB - topic - Help out by adding your EUDs! Or Submit reference files in the References tab!
EUDTrig - topic - Quickly and easily convert offsets to EUDs! (extended players supported)
SC2 Map Texture Mask Importer/Exporter - Edit texture placement in an image editor!
\:farty\: This page has been viewed [img]http://farty1billion.dyndns.org/Clicky.php?img.gif[/img] times!

Sep 20 2011, 8:20 am NicholasBeige Post #469

Try completely deleting minecraft off your computer and giving it a fresh reinstall, making sure it patches properly. I did that and it crashes a hell of a lot less than it used to. I guess they still have a couple bugs to iron out though.

I really really want to be able to make inverted stairs.

None.

Sep 20 2011, 1:16 pm Voyager7456 Post #470

Responsible for my own happiness? I can't even be responsible for my own breakfast

My minecraft began saving chunks the other day, then promptly crashed. Any time I load my save file, it occurs again.

all i am is a contrary canary
but i'm crazy for you
i watched you cradling a tissue box
sneezing and sniffling, you were still a fox

Modding Resources: The Necromodicon [WIP] | Mod Night
My Projects: SCFC | ARAI | Excision [WIP] | SCFC2 [BETA] | Robots vs. Humans | Leviathan Wakes [BETA]

Sep 23 2011, 7:16 pm Voyager7456 Post #471

Responsible for my own happiness? I can't even be responsible for my own breakfast

In case you haven't noticed - the 1.9 prerelease is out. And it is fantastic, best update yet IMO.

but i'm crazy for you

My Projects: SCFC | ARAI | Excision [WIP] | SCFC2 [BETA] | Robots vs. Humans | Leviathan Wakes [BETA]

Sep 23 2011, 7:44 pm poison_us Post #472

Back* from the grave

It actually disgusts me, believe it or not.

Sep 23 2011, 8:46 pm O)FaRTy1billion[MM] Post #473

👻 👾 👽 💪

But I just made a new server world. :(

EDIT:
And the new bukkit is out. :(

Sep 23 2011, 8:54 pm samsizzle Post #474

if you guys are having lag problems, just use the LSOD fix from the guy that made optifine... then when the full thing comes out for 1.8 install all of it. I was running at like 20fps constantly and just with the LSOD fix it runs at 40fps.. can't wait til he releases the whole mod for 1.8.

None.

Sep 24 2011, 6:05 pm Voyager7456 Post #475

Quote from poison_us
It actually disgusts me, believe it or not.

Why? The new swamp biomes are beautiful.

but i'm crazy for you

Sep 24 2011, 6:28 pm poison_us Post #476

Back* from the grave

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on Sep 24 2011, 8:58 pm by poison_us.

Oct 21 2011, 4:39 pm poison_us Post #477

Back* from the grave

So, the random seed "Voodoo" has some epic hanging cliffs, at least in 1.8.

Both of these pictures are of the same cliff (the right one in the bottom picture). Coordinates are on the map. Through one of the cliffs goes what looks to be a cave, so it literally opens up into a second, smaller layer under the main overhang (picture coming). There's a large clay deposit (read: over 128, not exactly sure because Minecraft is currently closed). The clay stacks are after I died on the first night because I thought night was over and came out of my hole to find a creeper staring at me, then found the deposit and it became night again. Everything despawned :awesome:

Oct 22 2011, 4:32 am xAngelSpiritx Post #478

eternal lurker

gg, you lose

None.

Oct 22 2011, 5:38 am poison_us Post #479

Back* from the grave

Thanks for the shoutbox repost.

Oct 22 2011, 2:26 pm xAngelSpiritx Post #480

eternal lurker

You're very welcome.

None.

Options