Staredit Network > Forums > Null > Topic: NORM Mafia #1 - Game over
NORM Mafia #1 - Game over
Aug 16 2010, 2:50 am
By: Norm
Pages: < 1 « 12 13 14 15 1648 >

Aug 31 2010, 8:18 pm Apos Post #261

I order you to forgive yourself!

Not sure if this will help anyone but...

See what I'm getting at?

Edit: All those avatars are in the game number order. (1 - 22)

Aug 31 2010, 8:22 pm Azrael Post #262

Thanks, though a bit late :-_-: I already looked through everyone's profiles to check their avatars.

Aug 31 2010, 8:25 pm Apos Post #263

Quote from Aristocrat
EDIT> We should just lynch Apos so he stops spamming the thread with posts that look like hints.
My hints are very easy to understand if you want to know. I do kinda feel like an asshole, though.

Aug 31 2010, 8:47 pm Norm Post #264

Less noobin, moar Votin?

Nasus -- Apos (1)

1/18 players have voted.
Currently up for Lynching = Apos (1 Vote)

None.

Aug 31 2010, 9:11 pm Apos Post #265

I vote for Toa. It seems like he may have killed Artanis186 or I might just be wanting a bagel with my coffee.

Aug 31 2010, 9:15 pm Azrael Post #266

Two votes and still no clue interpretations >_>

Nasus, I thought this was the part you liked to do :P

I don't want to cast a vote for a random person and end up changing it when someone posts some plausible reasoning.

Aug 31 2010, 9:25 pm Apos Post #267

I'm not sure if it's a hint, but Aristocrat was a kid and Artanis186 was an elderly man.

Aug 31 2010, 9:28 pm OlimarandLouie Post #268

lil-Inferno's corpse was not mentioned to be next to the letter in his pool of blood.

None.

Aug 31 2010, 9:31 pm Apos Post #269

Quote from OlimarandLouie
lil-Inferno's corpse was not mentioned to be next to the letter in his pool of blood.
That could mean that he isn't dead right? But Norm scratch his name. I would think that he was killed / fainted at the same time he was going in, then the letter felt and the killed took him away.

Aug 31 2010, 9:36 pm Norm Post #270

lil-Inferno is for sure dead. This is obvious because his name is crossed off in the OP and his role has been revealed.

None.

Aug 31 2010, 9:53 pm poison_us Post #271

Back* from the grave

Quote from name:Azrael.Wrath
Two votes and still no clue interpretations >_>

Nasus, I thought this was the part you liked to do :P
Quote from name:Nasus
P.S: If this is what I get for interpreting clues, next game I'm saying 3 words per round.
Link

Aug 31 2010, 10:11 pm TiKels Post #272

FUCK! This is what I get for not getting on for one day... I die. I could have used my jail ability and saved someone Q.Q ...

Am I allowed to comment? I wouldn't be contributing any information that isn't already in front of us.

"If a topic that clearly interest noone needs to be closed to underline the "we don't want this here" message, is up to debate."

-NudeRaider

Aug 31 2010, 10:12 pm Norm Post #273

:crazy: Seems like the tension is rising like crazy up in the town hall. Unfortunately, I can't stick around to see how this unfolds, but I do owe you guys something before I peace for a while.

BREAKING NEWS REPORT

This is channel 8 news bringing you the latest and greatest once again!

Reporter: "Alright, I know with all the controversy surrounding the recent election and the sudden rise of killings in this Town, things have been pretty hectic. It's our responsibility to bring you this... unrelated report that all the other news stations won't mention."

That's right viewers! Because channel 8 news brings you all sides of everything that happens in Awesometown!

Reporter: "There was a small explosion down at the scientific research facility last night sometime between midnight and midnight-thirty. Apparently, an insect specimen that was being researched by the now-deceased lil-Inferno was able to escape the facility. We urge all citizens to keep their flyswatters handy because this specimen carries a dangerous virus. Details such as how many of these insects escaped and the exact effects of the virus on humans is unknown."

Ooohh, sounds scary. Next we're probably going to need to worry about mutant zombies like in those horror movies! Haha.

Reporter: "Indeed, lol. This is channel 8 news, over and out."

@TiKels: Of course you can comment.

None.

Aug 31 2010, 10:14 pm Riney Post #274

Thigh high affectionado

This totally has nothing to do with the Umbrella Corporation.

Riney#6948 on Discord.
Riney on Steam (Steam)
@RineyCat on Twitter

-- Updated as of December 2021 --

Aug 31 2010, 10:18 pm TiKels Post #275

It totally has nothing to do with EZterix's avatar. :awesome:

"If a topic that clearly interest noone needs to be closed to underline the "we don't want this here" message, is up to debate."

-NudeRaider

Aug 31 2010, 10:19 pm Riney Post #276

Thigh high affectionado

It totally also has nothing to do with me, stop look at me like that :awesome:

Riney#6948 on Discord.
Riney on Steam (Steam)
@RineyCat on Twitter

-- Updated as of December 2021 --

Aug 31 2010, 10:29 pm OlimarandLouie Post #277

Perhaps channel 8 is a clue...

That reference to Umbrella is too obvious for it to be Riney.

None.

Aug 31 2010, 10:34 pm Azrael Post #278

Quote from Riney
It totally also has nothing to do with me, stop look at me like that :awesome:
The second I read "virus" I immediately thought of you and me :P Fucking Wesker is at it again.

I doubt you'd have brought up the fact your avatar is from Resident Evil if you were Mafia though, considering some people wouldn't recognize the character. It'd have been safer for you to try to make the connection to my avatar and hoped no one drew the connection to yours. Was there ever a viral outbreak via insects in Resident Evil though?

Not sure if it's the insects or the virus that's the clue, though those are the two things which stand out the most so it seems it's probably one of them. Has there been any popular movies where insects spread a virus? Probably something about mosquitoes, I don't know what other bugs would carry a disease like that.

Quote from OlimarandLouie
Perhaps channel 8 is a clue...

That reference to Umbrella is too obvious for it to be Riney.

I've looking through everyone's profiles numerous times, checking everything from avatars to their little catch phrase messages, and I've yet to see any real correlation to any of the more obvious clues. I think maybe there are "hidden clues" that take some thinking to arrive at, but like here, what do you do with "Channel 8"? It doesn't seem to relate to anyone.

Maybe they have 8 letters in their name? I think that's getting to the point of stretching too far though.

Edit: Never mind, I reread it and noticed it literally says "zombies" beneath the viral outbreak story. Definitely sounds like Resident Evil.

Edit #2: Just got ninja'd by Nasus, I guess there's another possible explanation for the zombie thing.

Post has been edited 3 time(s), last time on Aug 31 2010, 10:47 pm by Azrael.Wrath.

Aug 31 2010, 10:43 pm poison_us Post #279

Back* from the grave

I change my vote to MadZombie.

Aug 31 2010, 10:47 pm Roy Post #280

An artist's depiction of an Extended Unit Death

Okay, since nobody else is stepping up to the plate, here comes the world's worst interpretations of Night 2:

A young boy was staying up late tonight playing Wii. Bad mistake. An older man was walking outside the boy's house, and the bright lights coming from the boy's window caught his attention. The older man casually broke in through the boy's window, but the boy was too involved with mashing the 'A' button as fast as he could to notice. The older man stood in the corner of the room - thoughts racing through his head. He reached into his coat pocket and pulled out a knife.

Still unaware of his guest, the boy decided that it was time get some sleep. He turned off the Wii and spun around. The dark figure that he then saw in the corner of his room caused him to scream.

"Don't scream, kid" said the man.

The kid recognized the voice, but it was way too dark to see the man's face. "Who... who are you?"

The man grasped the knife tightly in his hand and stepped hesitantly toward the boy. "I'm just a man with a... Mission."

The kid stepped backward. "Yeah right, man. You're just a pussy for coming in here with a knife. Go pick on someone your own size!"

Tired of the kid's antics, the man took a quick stride forward, plunging the knife into the boy's heart. Aristocrat fell to the floor. His face was pale. In his last moments, he watched the old man walk back toward the window. The man lifted his leg out of the window, but looked back at his victim before he was all the way outside.

Playing a game could be a clue. Avatars that I easily recognize to originate from games: Wing Zero, OlimarandLouie, Azrael.Wrath. Although, Zelda, Pikmin, and Resident Evil don't really involve mashing buttons. Does anyone know some Wii games where the "A" button would be mashed? I'm only thinking of things like a Mario Party minigame.

The game could also hint at someone who plays forum games frequently, although it could just be connected to Aristocrat directly, and have nothing to do with the killer.

Not sure if the screaming information is a clue, or if the familiar voice is a clue; I haven't drawn anything from them.

The man lifted his leg out of the window, but looked back at his victim before he was all the way outside.

"Dumb kid, it doesn't matter who you're killing. It still takes... Courage."

... Wing might be mafia. Courage is one of the three parts of the Triforce (Power, Wisdom, Courage), which is his avatar.

-----------------------

Meanwhile, another man sat on the roof of the police station. He was looking through the scope of a rifle at his victim.

The man smiled to himself saying, "Well, there's nothing quite like killing for a cause. Good night, scum." And with that, he pulled the trigger. The lifeless body of TiKels was found only a few hours later with a bullet through his head.

Boondock hit. We can assume that this person is impatient and arrogant for deciding to take a swing in the dark and use a hit on his first night action.

The police station may be a clue. The function of a police officer is to enforce the law (rules). Police -> Moderation/Administration? If so, could point to Devlin. The mention of using a rifle could be a clue, but the only avatar with guns in it is Apos, and they're certainly not rifles. Seeing any gun isn't out-of-the-ordinary in Mafia, but I thought I would point it out regardless.

-----------------------

A few blocks away, another man was just coming home from his afternoon shift at the factory. He parked his car in the driveway, and walked to the mailbox. The mailbox was empty except for one unmarked envelope. Curious as to what it was, the man opened it up and took out what seemed to be a letter. He tried to read it, but a combination of small writing and the darkness of night prevented him from making out any of it. "Meh, I'll just read it inside." He said to himself as he closed the mailbox.

This goes into seemingly unnecessary details in the first couple sentences, so it's possibly a clue; I can't connect "factory" and "driveway" to anything significant, though. The only possible clue I could pull out of it is "A few blocks away," which would point to Demonslayer's avatar. (I know, that clue is pretty pathetic... I'm just throwing it out there...)

Small writing/darkness causing it being hard to read could point to someone who has used small fonts or gray, hidden-like coloring. People that are still alive and have used these in posts are: OlimarandLouie (small and gray), Raccoon (small), Roy (invisible, gray), rayNimagi (small)

That letter was found only a few feet away from his mailbox in a small puddle of blood the next morning. It read like this:

Dear lil-Inferno,

Thank you for giving me the opportunity to take your life.

Sincerely yours,
Anonymous

Could be connected to someone who likes writing, or who writes a lot. The only one that comes to mind for me is Azrael.Wrath for his TKG thread.

BREAKING NEWS REPORT

This is channel 8 news bringing you the latest and greatest once again!

Reporter: "Alright, I know with all the controversy surrounding the recent election and the sudden rise of killings in this Town, things have been pretty hectic. It's our responsibility to bring you this... unrelated report that all the other news stations won't mention."

That's right viewers! Because channel 8 news brings you all sides of everything that happens in Awesometown!

Could be hinting to someone who's trying to redirect attention from one thing to another in this thread. Nobody in particular comes to mind.

Reporter: "There was a small explosion down at the scientific research facility last night sometime between midnight and midnight-thirty. Apparently, an insect specimen that was being researched by the now-deceased lil-Inferno was able to escape the facility. We urge all citizens to keep their flyswatters handy because this specimen carries a dangerous virus. Details such as how many of these insects escaped and the exact effects of the virus on humans is unknown."

Explosion would point to lil-inferno's avatar, though he's already dead. Midnight-thirty might mean something, but I'm not sure what. I originally thought 12:00-12:30 = member id 1200-1230, but nobody playing has an id in that range (closest is Modmaster50 with 1244). There's a mention of insects, but I can't connect it to anything for the life of me.

Ooohh, sounds scary. Next we're probably going to need to worry about mutant zombies like in those horror movies! Haha.

Reporter: "Indeed, lol. This is channel 8 news, over and out."

Zombie reference -> Resident Evil -> Azrael.Wrath.

Also, I noticed "Lol" appears frequently, which can mean "League of Legends" -> Nasus.

-----------------------

Having just woken up for a midnight snack, it was needless to say that the elderly man was a bit surprised to find himself behind held captive in his own kitchen. His visitor stood behind him with a blade held to his victim's neck.

Snack, connected to food, connected to pylon. It's a stretch, but it could be a clue pointing to Derqua.

"What's your opinion about situations like these?" asked the mysterious visitor.

The old man tried to wrestle his way out of the intruder's hold, but it was no use. "Let go of me, you wimpersnapper!"

The mystery man frowned. "I just want to know your opinion, is all..."

The old man continued to struggle, but eventually gave up. "Ugh," he gasped, "you youngins think you can do whatever the hell you want these days. Well, if you must know, murder is a sin!"

"A sin, eh? I had a feeling you would say something stupid like that." Disappointed by his victim's answer, the visitor slit his jugular and let him drop to the floor. He wiped the blood off his blade with a kitchen towel and made his way out of Artanis186's house like it was no big deal.

The main theme of this is opinion. Someone who seems like they want to know what you think or how you feel, but has no problem arguing against you when you've taken a position. Too bad I don't think of anyone in particular for this.

Also, "Wimpersnapper" was used when the word is "Whippersnapper." Wimper could point to someone who whines or complains (although the correct spelling is whimper). Riney said "Lame im a fuckin townie like always" in an earlier post. As this is likely just a spelling error, I wouldn't look too far into it.

There you go. Please don't bandwagon me...

Edit: I did this without looking at clue interpretations that have been recently developed. Please read those as they make more sense than my stupid observations.

*cough*MadZombie! isn't playing*cough*

Options
Pages: < 1 « 12 13 14 15 1648 >
  Back to forum