By: Azrael
Pages: < 1 « 5 6 7 8 987 >

Aug 5 2010, 4:47 pm The Starport Post #121

Well... that was interesting.

None.

Aug 5 2010, 11:58 pm EzTerix Post #122

well that was an awkward barricading attempt xD

and NO WINDOWS IN THE KITCHEN? sigh

does check room not consider windows or is this definitely a windowless mansion? :P

None.

Aug 6 2010, 12:20 am Azrael Post #123

Windows will be mentioned in the general room description.

Aug 6 2010, 1:00 am Tempz Post #124

Me and some other people had seen Aristocrat knocked out someone unconscious I think this increases my suspicion on Aristocrat however i think that aristocrat is trying to divide us from our group to snipes us off, we should still stay in a group and interrogate him at the same time.

I will however leave the captured persons name blank until another murder is confirmed after turn 3 so it will eliminate him off the list unless that said person dies from a pre-placed trap.

I will move the captured person in questions into a small room without windows I will need at least 2 other people to help make sure that the captured person does not get killed or that we don't get killed hopefully at least 4 - 5 will come.

Post has been edited 2 time(s), last time on Aug 6 2010, 1:08 am by Tempz.

None.

Aug 6 2010, 1:16 am Wing Zero Post #125

Magic box god; Suck it Corbo

Where exactly would that room be?

Aug 6 2010, 1:18 am The Starport Post #126

...I'm not convinced he was harmful. He did leave his guard down and, according to Aristo, was unsurprised at the sight of his knife. That only tells me either his actions weren't programmed to be surprised/cautious, his character has knowledge of discussions in this thread and was made aware, or else he was the killer and figured there would be no reason for him to be afraid.

@Azrael - Are characters aware of in-game details revealed in the thread, but not in their turn descriptions?

None.

Aug 6 2010, 1:41 am Tempz Post #127

So... what should we do?

None.

Aug 6 2010, 1:42 am Azrael Post #128

Quote from name:Tuxedo-Templar
...I'm not convinced he was harmful. He did leave his guard down and, according to Aristo, was unsurprised at the sight of his knife. That only tells me either his actions weren't programmed to be surprised/cautious, his character has knowledge of discussions in this thread and was made aware, or else he was the killer and figured there would be no reason for him to be afraid.

@Azrael - Are characters aware of in-game details revealed in the thread, but not in their turn descriptions?
I bolded the choice above that is closest to the right answer. The other two are never the case. In the situation you described (a character is not surprised/cautious when seeing another player with a knife), it would indicate that they didn't have any actions related to the event. Character reactions relate to their actions.

For example, if said character had "be ready to defend myself if someone attacks me" as one of their actions, and you pull a gun on them, they will be surprised because it's not what they expected. For the same action, if someone pulls a knife on them, they will seem cautious.

The only kinds of actions or reactions characters will perform voluntarily (meaning, without any related actions whatsoever) are ones they are physically forced into (ie, screaming if someone breaks their arm, gushing blood if someone slits their throat, etc).

Aug 6 2010, 1:45 am Tempz Post #129

Umm If anyone is alright with it I'm going to beat the captured person with a blunt object...

@Wing zero I'm still trying to find a suitable room however any room would be good.

None.

Aug 6 2010, 1:47 am Aristocrat Post #130

Quote from Tempz
Umm If anyone is alright with it I'm going to beat the captured person with a blunt object...

No, that's retarded and might just knock him out for even longer. Just carry him.

None.

Aug 6 2010, 1:55 am Tempz Post #131

Umm thats not what i meant to say... after he wakes I'm going to go medieval on his ass >:O

None.

Aug 6 2010, 1:56 am The Starport Post #132

Quote from name:Azrael.Wrath

I bolded the choice above that is closest to the right answer. The other two are never the case. In the situation you described (a character is not surprised/cautious when seeing another player with a knife), it would indicate that they didn't have any actions related to the event. Character reactions relate to their actions.

For example, if said character had "be ready to defend myself if someone attacks me" as one of their actions, and you pull a gun on them, they will be surprised because it's not what they expected. For the same action, if someone pulls a knife on them, they will seem cautious.

The only kinds of actions or reactions characters will perform voluntarily (meaning, without any related actions whatsoever) are ones they are physically forced into (ie, screaming if someone breaks their arm, gushing blood if someone slits their throat, etc).
Ah, okay. But say he was set to be cautious of anything he didn't know. Would having read up in the thread that Aristo had a bloody knife constitute something he would know if it wasn't otherwise mentioned to him in his turn *descriptions (edit)?

None.

Aug 6 2010, 1:58 am Azrael Post #133

Ah, okay. But say he was set to be cautious of anything he didn't know. Would having read up in the thread that Aristo had a bloody knife constitute something he would know if it wasn't otherwise mentioned to him in his turn actions?
Nope. Characters are only aware of what they observe in-game.

By the way, to clear up the mechanics of unconsciousness, this is how it works:

The player is knocked unconscious on Turn X
The player remains unconscious for the entire Turn X+1
The player regains consciousness on Turn X+2

So basically, there's always one full turn of unconsciousness. However, you can knock a person unconscious while they are already unconscious to extend the effect.

And no, you cannot accidentally kill someone by knocking them unconscious =P

Aug 6 2010, 2:01 am DavidJCobb Post #134

What's this about a captured person? And Tuxlar, I think I'll stick with you.

None.

Aug 6 2010, 2:06 am Aristocrat Post #135

Quote from DavidJCobb

He's upstairs, might wanna sprint.

None.

Aug 6 2010, 2:08 am rayNimagi Post #136

I'm the one who has been knocked unconscious. Aristocrat, was that really necessary? You didn't seem to want to harm the others who searched the dead persons' body, or those who went to other rooms. I decided to be different and go upstairs, and this is what I get. Oh well, do to me what you will, just let me keep my pants on...

Also, Tristiana and Tempz came upstairs.

Win by luck, lose by skill.

Aug 6 2010, 2:16 am Riney Post #137

Thigh high affectionado

You're knocked out, stay that way ;o

Riney#6948 on Discord.
Riney on Steam (Steam)
@RineyCat on Twitter

-- Updated as of December 2021 --

Aug 6 2010, 3:34 am Tempz Post #138

Ahh so people realized it was ray,
I'm going to go bad cop on your ass until you talk :) jks but Artiscrat gave us a opportunity to try to see if your innocent :O... we'll see.

None.

Aug 6 2010, 4:12 am Roy Post #139

An artist's depiction of an Extended Unit Death

Everyone's so impulsive. I don't know what to do..

Aug 6 2010, 4:20 am The Starport Post #140

Quote from DavidJCobb
Oh boy I'm popular nao. :3

You guys might want to leave Ray alone for now. Going by Aristo's word about his actions, and Azrael's updated information about needing instructions to register "surprise", it was probably just a mistake.

None.

Options
Pages: < 1 « 5 6 7 8 987 >
  Back to forum