Staredit Network > Forums > Null > Topic: The Killer's Game
The Killer's Game
Jul 31 2010, 4:51 am
By: Azrael
Pages: < 1 « 6 7 8 9 1087 >

Aug 6 2010, 4:39 am Roy Post #141

An artist's depiction of an Extended Unit Death

Quote from EzTerix
Main goal: raid the kitchen, jump out a first floor window, and run toward the nearest spot of civilization.
You immediately notice the large window across the room. Overcome with excitement and zeal, you rush towards freedom. As you dive out of the window, shattered glass flies everywhere. You land on your stomach almost a foot from the mansion. You make an attempt to stand up, but you find you no longer have the strength. Rolling on your side, you see impressive slabs of glass protruding from your chest. Unable to make more than a moan, you watch yourself bleed to death until you lose consciousness from the blood loss.
I wouldn't recommend trying to leave the mansion, because even if it seems feasible, it probably won't end in your favor. I'm basing this off of a post Azrael made earlier:
Quote from Azrael.Wrath
This would be a good time to mention that sexually inappropriate actions are the only kind of action that's not allowed. Attempting to perform such actions will result in something intervening to stop you, and probably killing you. In addition, you may be banned from future games.
I'm fairly certain this concept applies to more than the mentioned category.

Just play the damn game.

Aug 6 2010, 5:25 am poison_us Post #142

Back* from the grave

Guys, you might also want to be aware of rooms that have a lock on the outside. For example, there's a room in the kitchen that has a large metal door with the lock on the outside...I'd be wary of being in the room in general...

And while I'm at it, Ez, yes that was a failed barracade attempt. I thought you'd try to kill me because I got through, but since you didn't specify...lol.

Azrael: Does the murderer's actions take place before the other survivors, or is it in order of received PM?

Aug 6 2010, 6:58 am EzTerix Post #143

Well I'm still going to try to escape. It would be hilarious if I died a cliche "tried to climb over the fence....but lost footing and got impaled by the top" or "tried to walk across the road but was run over by a quiet hybrid car" or "was sprinting through the forest but got shot by Dick Cheney" (I can just go on with this xD)

Hopefully if my actions are reasonable, such as unhatching the window and pushing out the screen (more reasonable than jumping through glass xD) i won't die a random death.

Also everyone try to list all the locked doors. So far there is one in the kitchen and I think another in the sunroom?

None.

Aug 6 2010, 9:25 am The Starport Post #144

Someone ought to take up a hobby as our cartographer. :P

None.

Aug 6 2010, 12:54 pm Aristocrat Post #145

Quote from name:Tuxedo-Templar
Someone ought to take up a hobby as our cartographer. :P

PM me room details/locations or something and I'll keep a map updated ;o

None.

Aug 6 2010, 1:00 pm Tempz Post #146

lol that sig made me lol aristocrat which you just changed =/

None.

Aug 6 2010, 1:09 pm Aristocrat Post #147

Quote from Tempz

Which?

Also are rooms square? Please tell me they're square :<.

None.

Aug 6 2010, 3:04 pm LoTu)S Post #148

Quote from Aristocrat
Quote from Tempz

Which?

The one I made :awesome:

I'm pretty sure all rooms are squares, though it isnt exactly classified in the texts.

None.

Aug 6 2010, 3:52 pm Aristocrat Post #149

Quote from LoTu)S
Quote from Aristocrat
Quote from Tempz

Which?

The one I made :awesome:

I'm pretty sure all rooms are squares, though it isnt exactly classified in the texts.

In that case this is what we have so far:

Floor 1:

Floor 2:

None.

Aug 6 2010, 7:25 pm poison_us Post #150

Back* from the grave

The dining room leads into the kitchen on the east only, and the kitchen has a large metal door to the south that I wouldn't advise anyone to go near: it's got a lock on the outside. Probably a freezer room or something. To the north of the kitchen is a "hall of some sort" that has a window on the east and a door on the west.

Also:
You set the chair down beside the oven so you can reach up and retrieve one of the pots. As you do so, you hear both a drawer and the refrigerator open elsewhere in the room. You grab a medium-sized pot, and as you do so, LoTu)S passes by behind you and in a cool manner he says, "A result of a battle won."
Is anyone else perturbed by this? The refrigerator opening is explained later; [not naming peepols] is carrying a MYSTERY ITEM LULZ...no seriously I won't tell what he has, he can if he wants. Lotus knows who it is, probably, because he was in the room with us. Lotus was also headed west into the dining room...it says nothing of what he's got, so I'm worried that payne is about to die.

Also, I may be inactive. My father just announced a vacation he has planned...for tomorrow. I'm still not sure if I'll go, but if I do, I don't know what accommodations we will have, or where we will even stay, so...yeah.

Map update:

EDIT2: The checkerboard on the east side of the hall is supposed to indicate a window :|

Post has been edited 3 time(s), last time on Aug 6 2010, 7:43 pm by Nasus. Reason: removed what unnamed man is carrying

Aug 6 2010, 8:01 pm Roy Post #151

Nasus begins wailing on the chair with a pot, which doesn't appear to be accomplishing much. [Name removed] turns to you and points at Nasus.
That was pretty funny. Yes, I looked through the fridge. I'm basically grabbing random things for improvised defense.

I want to check the huge metal door that nobody else wants to investigate. If anyone wouldn't mind making sure I don't get locked in, I'll check it out and share the loot, if any is found.

Quote from Nasus
Azrael: Does the murderer's actions take place before the other survivors, or is it in order of received PM?
Judging from what I've seen so far, it seems that everyone's first action is taken at the same time, followed by the second action, and then the third. Conflicting actions may be based on sent PM, but more likely whoever has a less complicated IF/ELSE statement will act first. Azrael answered.

Post has been edited 2 time(s), last time on Aug 6 2010, 8:15 pm by Roy.

Aug 6 2010, 8:13 pm Azrael Post #152

Yeah, it goes by which order your actions are in. Actions that take place at the same time occur simultaneously.

Actions that are more specific have a higher chance of being successful versus extraordinarily vague actions.

If worse comes to worst and two equally specific, yet totally conflicting, actions occur simultaneously, I'll use random.org =P

Aug 6 2010, 8:16 pm The Starport Post #153

Roy, find any flour yet? :P

Edit:
Quote from name:Azrael.Wrath
If worse comes to worst and two equally specific, yet totally conflicting, actions occur simultaneously, I'll use random.org =P
You could give characters stats based on their participation for these situations, or something to that effect. :P

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on Aug 6 2010, 8:22 pm by Tuxedo-Templar.

None.

Aug 6 2010, 8:22 pm Aristocrat Post #154

This is what I know so far based on info people gave:
Floor 1:

Floor 2:

(The hallway extends "several room-lengths" so I'm not sure how many rooms there are.)

None.

Aug 6 2010, 8:29 pm Roy Post #155

Yes, sir.

@Aristocrat: I believe the metal door has a locking mechanism, but isn't technically locked. It does not seem to require a key or anything, but you cannot open it from the inside. It might be a walk-in refrigerator.

Aug 6 2010, 8:36 pm Aristocrat Post #156

Quote from Roy
Yes, sir.

@Aristocrat: I believe the metal door has a locking mechanism, but isn't technically locked. It does not seem to require a key or anything, but you cannot open it from the inside. It might be a walk-in refrigerator.
How should I indicate something like that?

Anyways, get some wax paper and food dye then we're set.

None.

Aug 6 2010, 8:43 pm LoTu)S Post #157

Quote from name:Nasus
You set the chair down beside the oven so you can reach up and retrieve one of the pots. As you do so, you hear both a drawer and the refrigerator open elsewhere in the room. You grab a medium-sized pot, and as you do so, LoTu)S passes by behind you and in a cool manner he says, "A result of a battle won."
Is anyone else perturbed by this? The refrigerator opening is explained later; [not naming peepols] is carrying a MYSTERY ITEM LULZ...no seriously I won't tell what he has, he can if he wants. Lotus knows who it is, probably, because he was in the room with us. Lotus was also headed west into the dining room...it says nothing of what he's got, so I'm worried that payne is about to die.

It's my response to this:

Nasus glances around the room, and then stares intently at the marks on your neck.

One must elegant in the ways of war :loltroll:

Also, I have obtained no info on this person or mystery item whatsoever, i left the room b4 i noticed.

None.

Aug 6 2010, 8:53 pm The Starport Post #158

Also: http://vark.com/t/H1DMxl

:bleh:

None.

Aug 6 2010, 9:25 pm Aristocrat Post #159

It'd need to be like activated carbon or something, I doubt graphite from pencil shaving is gonna work. (Although the DM can always make things magically work ;o)

Wouldn't that also make the flour completely useless? :\SMOKE BOMB BITCHES

None.

Aug 7 2010, 12:04 am Tempz Post #160

@Artiscrat And Tuxlar
Any powdery substance can be used for print detection but the best type is a light powdery substance(e.g. graphite works but might smudge the print becuase it is heavy)

-Any type of flammable liquid + Extended Torch fire = Flamethrower

-Potassium Nitrate + Sulphur + Charcoal = Black Gunpowder (For the sake of sen i would not tell how to extract certain ingredients to actually create it) --> A Modified Cannon Type Thing can then put bowling balls in it and make a cannon ;)

-Gasoline + Glass Bottle + Fire + Paper At Top = Molotov

Knowing all this is a very good skill :)... However another easy to make weapon is a modified stun gun which will administer 10,000 volts to the human body stunning a person for apx 1 - 3 minutes depending on how it is administered

Post has been edited 4 time(s), last time on Aug 7 2010, 12:13 am by Tempz.

None.

Options
Pages: < 1 « 6 7 8 9 1087 >
  Back to forum