Staredit Network > Forums > Null > Topic: How good or bad of a cook are you?
How good or bad of a cook are you?
Jun 30 2010, 3:01 am
By: BeeR_KeG
Pages: < 1 2 3 >

Polls
Answer Votes Percentage % Voters
As good as any restaurant chef. 3

9%
Good. People like my cooking and ask me to cook for them. 6

17%
Decent. 15

42%
I know how to cook, but it doesn't taste all that great. 4

12%
I know how, but it's terrible. 2

6%
I'd rather die of hunger than cook. 4

12%
If you eat my cooking, chances are you'll get diarrhea. 0

0%
None.
I've burned cornflakes with milk... 2

6%
Please login to vote.
Poll has 36 votes. You can vote for at most 1 option(s).

Jun 30 2010, 4:28 pm l)ark_ssj9kevin Post #21

Just here for the activity... well not really

I can make instant ramen...

guy lifting weight (animated smiley):

O-IC
OI-C

"Oh, I see it"

Jun 30 2010, 4:47 pm CaptainWill Post #22

I'm a decent cook. I know some simple dishes and I can follow recipes for other dishes, and my food tastes good.

However I do use quite a bit of spice.

None.

Jun 30 2010, 6:26 pm EzDay281 Post #23

I can cook and plenty well for my tastes, though that's just because I'm very unpicky. So poorly.

... maybe if I didn't refuse to follow instructions or recipes...

None.

Jun 30 2010, 6:42 pm samsizzle Post #24

I'm good at cooking when it comes to what to add, I usually don't go strictly by any recipes, I would rather make it taste the way I want it to taste. I voted "People like my cooking and ask me to cook for them."

None.

Jun 30 2010, 6:52 pm Excalibur Post #25

The sword and the faith

I can only cook a few things, but I cook them well, and anyone I've cooked for has enjoyed it.

SEN Global Moderator and Resident Zealot
-------------------------
The sword and the faith.

:ex:
Sector 12
My stream, live PC building and tech discussion.

Jun 30 2010, 9:21 pm BeeR_KeG Post #26

Quote from CaptainWill
I'm a decent cook. I know some simple dishes and I can follow recipes for other dishes, and my food tastes good.

I'm the same way about spices, I add them to pretty much everything. The other day I made these oven cheese pizzas but a plain cheese pizza is just too plain for me and I had no meat to put on them, so I grabbed a bit of garlic, barbecue sauce and a few other spices and just thinly spread them across the top. Tasted great, although a bit strong.

Quote from Tempz
Why are senners microwaves, Asian food, spaghetti, eggs and boiled water

The easy stuff. You can't really fail with microwaveable food. Spaghetti ans most Asian food you pretty much just boil it until it's ready and eggs are impossible to not make it work. If you're working with eggs, and it doesn't work out, you can just take what you've got and just toss them in the frying pan and make some weird scrambled eggs.

Quote from DavidJCobb
I can cook microwaveable chicken nuggets in the microwave. And I'm so pro. But Easy Mac is a fucking fire hazard. Microwaves heat up the water molecules in things, yet if you're forgetful and leave the water out -- so there's no water to heat -- it fucking burns and melts the bowl. The fuck.

I've done that. My mom bought some microwaveable Chinese which I've never seen and told me that it was just 3 minutes on the microwave. So I did just that and didn't add water. A few minutes later I hear the cat going crazy about something in the kitchen so I go take a look. There was this god-awful nasty yellow smoke coming out of the microwave and the smell was just horrible. I open the microwave to find the noodles or whatever they were burned to a crisp and the black plastic container was a pure liquid. All this mixture was on fire. So I took a fan I had around and aimed it at the microwave and let the fire die out while the smoke ventilated. I will never eat microwaveable Chinese again.

None.

Jun 30 2010, 9:40 pm O)FaRTy1billion[MM] Post #27

👻 👾 👽 💪

+ sauce and cheese = pizza.

(random googled image :P)

I can make all sorts of breads (bread, cinnamon rolls, etc.), I can make various cookies (peanut butter is my favorite), apparently I make the best cornbread around, I can make various forms candy (sugar/hard candy, chocolates, etc.) ... Pastas are easy.
And then basically whatever I feel like making I can make ...

TinyMap2 - Latest in map compression! ( 7/09/14 - New build! )
EUD Action Enabler - Lightweight EUD/EPD support! (ChaosLauncher/MPQDraft support!)
EUDDB - topic - Help out by adding your EUDs! Or Submit reference files in the References tab!
MapSketch - New image->map generator!
EUDTrig - topic - Quickly and easily convert offsets to EUDs! (extended players supported)
SC2 Map Texture Mask Importer/Exporter - Edit texture placement in an image editor!
\:farty\: This page has been viewed [img]http://farty1billion.dyndns.org/Clicky.php?img.gif[/img] times!

Jun 30 2010, 10:52 pm Ultraviolet Post #28

I'd call myself incompetent to say the least.. :P

Jul 1 2010, 12:02 am Lanthanide Post #29

Tip: if you're making a tomato-based pasta sauce, eg bolognaise or something like that, put in some fennel seeds. Best if you can crush/grind them up first, and I'd normally do about 15-25 seeds in a meal for 2-3 people.

I have ordered pasta dishes from restaurants and been able to taste the fennel in them - it really does make a big difference to the meal.

None.

Jul 1 2010, 2:31 am CecilSunkure Post #30

Quote from CaptainWill
They say the best spice is hunger! I would prefer to cook when people are starving :cecil:

None.

Jul 1 2010, 2:47 am Wing Zero Post #31

Magic box god; Suck it Corbo

I've cooked hot dogs successfully, but i tried to make eggs and ended up with an omelet :lol:

Jul 1 2010, 3:12 am Lanthanide Post #32

Quote from Wing Zero
I've cooked hot dogs successfully, but i tried to make eggs and ended up with an omelet :lol:
You tried to "make" eggs? What are you, a chicken?

None.

Jul 1 2010, 3:18 am Wing Zero Post #33

Magic box god; Suck it Corbo

Quote from Lanthanide
Quote from Wing Zero
You tried to "make" eggs? What are you, a chicken?
Dude, you know what i meant...

Jul 1 2010, 3:19 am FlashBeer Post #34

I like cooking but I don't cook often. Cooking isn't that hard to do (for me at least). Think about how what you are making tastes like, know what the flavors/seasonings you are adding tastes like, taste what you are making, and add accordingly until you have reached your desired result. Adding or starting with pan-fried diced garlic and chopped onions is usually good (oil in a pan, add garlic when hot, then add onions when garlic is golden-brown). For seasonings, you can almost always use salt, pepper, worcestershire sauce, and/or soy sauce. When I don't know how to make a dish, I'll look up a few recipes for a general guideline then just wing-it.

None.

Jul 1 2010, 3:33 am Sacrieur Post #35

Still Napping

I'm pro.

No really though, I've made most things at least once. Ravioli from scratch? No prob. Crèpes? Please, I do that for fun.

Though I am often limited in ingredients, which very much pisses me off when I'm forced to improvise with third-rate ingredients. CHEESE DOES NOT COME IN A BAG! Yet what is more annoying are incessant requests my mother to use "healthy" ingredients that are neither healthful nor tasty. I'm also constantly having my work be mutilated by my mother, who so terribly stuck my italian bread appetizers back into the oven to, "warm them up". Those five minutes ruined the entire dish. The tomato was no longer fresh, and the bread too crispy - if I wanted raw sewage I would go to my local diner. All I ask is to be able to display dishes without someone going and turning them into something someone in the later stages of malnutrition wouldn't even take a passing interest in.

I only have one rule when I cook: I'm in charge. You don't like it? Get the hell outta my kitchen. When I want your opinion I'll give it to you. I only concoct pure succulent perfection with deliciousness so great that not even God himself could ever hope to comprehend.

TL;DR: I may have failed a Biology test because I put "canned-food eaters" as the most primitive form of life.

None.

Jul 1 2010, 4:03 am O)FaRTy1billion[MM] Post #36

👻 👾 👽 💪

Crèpes are easy. D:

Though, unlike you (and as I said), I don't make meals or whole dishes (probably because I'm lazy and inexperienced).

Also you should make me something, it sounds tasty. :P

EDIT:
Oh, also I'm good at making pies.

TinyMap2 - Latest in map compression! ( 7/09/14 - New build! )
EUD Action Enabler - Lightweight EUD/EPD support! (ChaosLauncher/MPQDraft support!)
EUDDB - topic - Help out by adding your EUDs! Or Submit reference files in the References tab!
MapSketch - New image->map generator!
EUDTrig - topic - Quickly and easily convert offsets to EUDs! (extended players supported)
SC2 Map Texture Mask Importer/Exporter - Edit texture placement in an image editor!
\:farty\: This page has been viewed [img]http://farty1billion.dyndns.org/Clicky.php?img.gif[/img] times!

Jul 1 2010, 4:45 am Fire_Kame Post #37

wth is starcraft

Quote from CaptainWill

I believe that's a challenge...

EDIT: Seconding the crepes are easy part.

Jul 1 2010, 5:11 am Sacrieur Post #38

Still Napping

By crêpes I mean actually filled with something, not just the flat pancake, think this. Not that they're especially hard, but much more difficult than sticking styrofoam in the microwave and hitting a few buttons.

Seriously, how do you people live with yourselves?

None.

Jul 1 2010, 8:02 am RIVE Post #39

Just Here For The Pie

I do not cook much, but, DAMN, I make the best pancakes ever!
They are so cloud-like.

I get compliments because of my pancakes all the time.

None.

Jul 1 2010, 8:22 am BeDazed Post #40

Seriously, how do you people live with yourselves?
Fine, why thank you for your half-snotty comment?

None.

Options
Pages: < 1 2 3 >
  Back to forum