Staredit Network > Forums > Modding Projects > Topic: Biophysics
Biophysics
Dec 9 2008, 11:30 am
By: Biophysicist
Pages: < 1 « 2 3 4 5 68 >

Jan 4 2009, 8:03 pm Devourer Post #61

Hello

Quote from name:TassadarZeratul
I'll try that. Not sure if I can pull it off, but it would be sooo cool if I could. Good idea, thanks!

the renders are well made, you should improve your art-talent (colors etc.)
Well... The textures aren't mine... The Rampant's texture is Creep with Zerg debris on it, the Phoenix texture is from a Vorlon Transport from Babylon 5.
yes I know... but try to :)

Please report errors in the Staredit.Network forum.

Jan 4 2009, 9:24 pm Biophysicist Post #62

I made a new Rampant model which has player color on the wings, which I think would make it easier to see when it's flying over space terrain.

None.

Jan 4 2009, 9:26 pm Devourer Post #63

Hello

I made a new Rampant model which has player color on the wings, which I think would make it easier to see when it's flying over space terrain.

Yes, it's better... but you should try to do something like a head!

Jan 4 2009, 9:50 pm Symmetry Post #64

Dungeon Master

The creep will translate into more player colour, you realize...

:voy: :jaff: :voy: :jaff:

Jan 4 2009, 10:10 pm Biophysicist Post #65

Uhm... What? I thought player color was only one very specific color? *confused*

None.

Jan 4 2009, 11:07 pm Symmetry Post #66

Dungeon Master

Uhm... What? I thought player color was only one very specific color? *confused*

No. All purple = player colour, unless I'm forgetting a square or two >>

Jan 4 2009, 11:14 pm Ultraviolet Post #67

I was also under the impression that there were only 2-3 player colour colours. We'll have to see :P

Also, how goes the progress on making unique customizable units?

Jan 4 2009, 11:30 pm Biophysicist Post #68

Well, I know /how/ to do it, and I have enough unit slots to pull it off. Now I just need to get around to doing it.

And I think KK is wrong... Let's ask Corbo and/or RoryFenrir. (Corbo because he's a really good modder, Rory because he made a bunch of models for his mod.)

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on Jan 4 2009, 11:57 pm by TassadarZeratul.

None.

Jan 4 2009, 11:36 pm Symmetry Post #69

Dungeon Master

There are 8 shades of player colour, and your model will get turned into it when you convert it to SC's palette.

Jan 4 2009, 11:57 pm Biophysicist Post #70

Are you sure of that? And why do you think one of those eight shades is in my model?

And what other textures would you reccommend?

EDIT: Maybe I could chop up an Overmind Coocoon and use it's texture?

None.

Jan 5 2009, 12:41 am poiuy_qwert Post #71

PyMS and ProTRG developer

There are 8 shades of player color as KK said. To be more specific, the palette index's 8-15 are the player colors (its not the actual color purple that makes them player colors, its the index in the palette). There are a few other shades of purple in the unit palette that arn't in those index's but you're gunna have to manuall apply them and I don't think you'll get a great effect.

Jan 5 2009, 12:45 am Biophysicist Post #72

Damn. Okay, I'll find something else, probably the Overmind Cocoon.

None.

Jan 5 2009, 2:10 am Syphon Post #73

Quote from name:Killer_Kow
There are 8 shades of player colour, and your model will get turned into it when you convert it to SC's palette.

There's 2 or 3 purple, non-player squares.

None.

Jan 5 2009, 3:36 am RoryFenrir Post #74

ya there are afew purple non player, i remember because one of my old units i rotated and it changed the player color to a regular purple. And just like these guys are saying its a gradient, so you can have lighter player color and darker.

And im not using any player color with my models, so i dont have to deal with this crap :)

None.

Jan 5 2009, 4:06 am Voyager7456 Post #75

Responsible for my own happiness? I can't even be responsible for my own breakfast

I think the ships need to be a bit more "organic" looking... the textures are fine, but the overall shape of the model doesn't suggest a living organism.

all i am is a contrary canary
but i'm crazy for you
i watched you cradling a tissue box
sneezing and sniffling, you were still a fox

Modding Resources: The Necromodicon [WIP] | Mod Night
My Projects: SCFC | ARAI | Excision [WIP] | SCFC2 [BETA] | Robots vs. Humans | Leviathan Wakes [BETA]

Jan 5 2009, 4:16 am Corbo Post #76

ALL PRAISE YOUR SUPREME LORD CORBO

To clarify, there are 8 shades of purple and there are 2 purple-like colors that you would be able to use. They're really stupidly bad, though.

fuck you all

Jan 5 2009, 4:24 am Biophysicist Post #77

Quote from Voyager7456
I think the ships need to be a bit more "organic" looking... the textures are fine, but the overall shape of the model doesn't suggest a living organism.
Neither did the Vorlon ships In Babylon 5... But also, you're seeing these as static images. They will have more organic-looking animations. In particular, I'm probably going to make the Rampant deform quite a bit when it attacks, and the Phoenix will have ripples running along its body and into the tail when it fires. All the units will be flexing around a bit when idleing or moving.

Question: Can I make a unit play sounds at random intervals when looked at with iscript? (Not when selected.) Or maybe when it gets hit?

None.

Jan 5 2009, 9:51 am Devourer Post #78

Hello

Quote from Voyager7456

Yes, it's a bit more like an infested commandor inside a tank :P
Whatever, for the beginning he does great work. I think I will give him some advice how the animation / organic things could look like.

Jan 5 2009, 9:52 am Devourer Post #79

Hello

The modeling is actually pretty easy. Get Wings 3D and I can teach you, if you want.

The team colors look a little too smooth, is that going to be like that in-game?
I don;t understand what you mean...

He means that the purple (player color) is really intensive. You may make for example the edges a bit darker-purple

uhh one question, are we going to make a new tileset? :D

Jan 5 2009, 11:43 am Biophysicist Post #80

Quote from Devourer
The team colors look a little too smooth, is that going to be like that in-game?
I don;t understand what you mean...

He means that the purple (player color) is really intensive. You may make for example the edges a bit darker-purple
What would the point of that be?

uhh one question, are we going to make a new tileset? :D
If we can. Can you do that?

None.

Options
Pages: < 1 « 2 3 4 5 68 >
  Back to forum