Staredit Network > Forums > Modding Projects > Topic: Biophysics
Biophysics
Dec 9 2008, 11:30 am
By: Biophysicist
Pages: < 1 2 3 4 58 >

Dec 21 2008, 2:20 pm Biophysicist Post #41

Here is the current special ability list:

Name (Base ability): Description

Cellular Assault (Glaive Wurm): Launches over 9000 modified immune cells at the target. The cells damage the target and go on to hit up to two secondary targets.

Sensory Overload (Lockdown): Infects the target ship with a virus that produces hallucinagins in the victim's bloodstream. While trippy, the target ship is unable to take any actions.

Radioactive Bombardment (Psionic Storm): Fills the target area with radiation, giving any unit in the radioactive area radiation poisoning, which tends to break stuff.

Diversion (Hallucination): Creates two copies of the target unit. The copies are lies and can't actually damage anything, but the enemy doesn't know that.

Shield (Defensive Matrix): Surrounds the target with a defensive force field that makes it much harder to make the target go boom.

Infestation (Mind Control): Holy mind control Batman!

Adrenal Burst (StimPacks): Injects the ship with manufactured adrenalin, narcotics, and unliscened pharmaceuticals, dramaticly increasing its rate of fire and speed but slightly damaging it.

Post has been edited 2 time(s), last time on Dec 25 2008, 3:07 am by TassadarZeratul. Reason: They don't like radiation burns. :(

None.

Dec 22 2008, 3:28 am Centreri Post #42

Relatively ancient and inactive

Radioactivity giving nasty burns?

/facepalm

None.

Dec 22 2008, 4:02 am A_of-s_t Post #43

aka idmontie

Quote from Centreri
Radioactivity giving nasty burns?

/facepalm
What would you expect radioactivity to do? Kill someone?

Personal GitHub
Starcraft GitHub Organization - Feel free to request member status!
TwitchTV

Dec 22 2008, 4:42 am Biophysicist Post #44

What, you didn't notice that all the descriptions are intentionally absurd?

None.

Dec 22 2008, 10:44 pm Centreri Post #45

Relatively ancient and inactive

Most of the others have some realistic parts to them. Injecting unlicensed pharmaceuticals would certainly increase heart rate and rate of fire.
What would you expect radioactivity to do? Kill someone?
Do you know what radioactivity is? People who wander into a radioactive field do not get burned

It was just a suggestion for making it more realistic. If you don't want it, fine.

None.

Dec 23 2008, 12:15 am Voyager7456 Post #46

Responsible for my own happiness? I can't even be responsible for my own breakfast

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Radiation_burn ?

all i am is a contrary canary
but i'm crazy for you
i watched you cradling a tissue box
sneezing and sniffling, you were still a fox

Modding Resources: The Necromodicon [WIP] | Mod Night
My Projects: SCFC | ARAI | Excision [WIP] | SCFC2 [BETA] | Robots vs. Humans | Leviathan Wakes [BETA]

Dec 23 2008, 3:58 am A_of-s_t Post #47

aka idmontie

You do realize I was being sarcastic, right?

Personal GitHub
Starcraft GitHub Organization - Feel free to request member status!
TwitchTV

Dec 23 2008, 4:13 am Biophysicist Post #48

Uhm... okay... I'll change the description, but does it matter that much?

EDIT: Should I make the units air units or land units? If I make them land units, then they can't move over each other, but if I make them air units, then the terrain won't matter. (I was going to have some terrain like "Nebula" that units couldn't move through.)

Post has been edited 3 time(s), last time on Dec 25 2008, 3:25 am by TassadarZeratul. Reason: Sorry NudeRaider.

None.

Dec 25 2008, 3:18 am NudeRaider Post #49

We can't explain the universe, just describe it; and we don't know whether our theories are true, we just know they're not wrong. >Harald Lesch

Can you give them burrowed property for the stackable effect? Or somehow like disabled - enabled unit sprites for the stacking?

Btw. can you please stop writing like that "I has qwestiun". It's kinda annoying. I nominated you best noob, but you use that so much that I almost regret it.

Dec 25 2008, 3:24 am Biophysicist Post #50

Quote from NudeRaider
Can you give them burrowed property for the stackable effect? Or somehow like disabled - enabled unit sprites for the stacking?
Wouldn't burrowing them make them immobile and unable to attack? I'm not sure about the sprites thing, that's one of the many things I've still failed to get my head around.

I wonder if there is some way to make them not collide but be effected by terrain... Can't you change a unit's "collision radius" or whatever it's called? If so, I wonder what would happen if I set it to 0... Or I could put it at 1 pixel, right? (Would doing that make that green selection circle become really small and impossible to see?)

None.

Dec 25 2008, 1:43 pm Hercanic Post #51

STF mod creator, Modcrafters.com admin, CampaignCreations.org staff

Unit Dimensions, in Units.dat. 0 might cause problems, but worth a shot.

Jan 4 2009, 6:37 pm Devourer Post #52

Hello

I just saw your new model. Nice, I like it's model. Hopefully it will have move-animation / attack animation.

Please report errors in the Staredit.Network forum.

Jan 4 2009, 6:50 pm Biophysicist Post #53

Thanks. And of course it will have moving and attacking animations. Probably an idle animation, too.

If anyone is interested, here's the model DeVouReR is talking about: (It's the Phoenix-class ship.)

Also, here's the Rampant model: (I might make a better one)

I can has feedback? (Not Dark Archon feedback though. That would be painful. And probably fatal.)

Oh and btw, if you don't know, the pink stuff turns into player color ingame. Just in case you haven't done GRP editing before.

Post has been edited 3 time(s), last time on Jan 4 2009, 6:57 pm by TassadarZeratul.

None.

Jan 4 2009, 7:06 pm Devourer Post #54

Hello

Quote from name:TassadarZeratul
Thanks. And of course it will have moving and attacking animations. Probably an idle animation, too.

If anyone is interested, here's the model DeVouReR is talking about: (It's the Phoenix-class ship.)

Also, here's the Rampant model: (I might make a better one)

I can has feedback? (Not Dark Archon feedback though. That would be painful. And probably fatal.)

Oh and btw, if you don't know, the pink stuff turns into player color ingame. Just in case you haven't done GRP editing before.

Just one question... when I joined your project, you wanted me too make some graphics... why?? you have talent!
oh, and, I like both when they get animations

Jan 4 2009, 7:08 pm Biophysicist Post #55

Just one question... when I joined your project, you wanted me too make some graphics... why?? you have talent!

Really? I thought they were both kind of... mediocre. Glad someone likes them. :P

Oh, and does anyone have any ideas for what the animations should be like?

None.

Jan 4 2009, 7:12 pm Devourer Post #56

Hello

Quote from name:TassadarZeratul

Really? I thought they were both kind of... mediocre. Glad someone likes them. :P

Oh, and does anyone have any ideas for what the animations should be like?

Ofc!
the picture one:
the tail of the... thing... should move around like a defilers tail.
the sides should go up and down like a drone.

the picture 2
it's tail should go up and down as like it's swimming or flying.... the sides should kinda go up and down like a drone, too.
hope that helps.

the renders are well made, you should improve your art-talent (colors etc.)

Jan 4 2009, 7:14 pm ForTheSwarm Post #57

OK, I thought of a (complicated) attack animation for the Phoenix. There could be a glob ball going through it's body and into the tail, and then it is shot out.

None.

Jan 4 2009, 7:15 pm Biophysicist Post #58

I'll try that. Not sure if I can pull it off, but it would be sooo cool if I could. Good idea, thanks!

the renders are well made, you should improve your art-talent (colors etc.)
Well... The textures aren't mine... The Rampant's texture is Creep with Zerg debris on it, the Phoenix texture is from a Vorlon Transport from Babylon 5.

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on Jan 4 2009, 7:49 pm by TassadarZeratul.

None.

Jan 4 2009, 8:01 pm Alzarath Post #59

Praetor

They look really nice, you should teach me how to model. ^.^ The team colors look a little too smooth, is that going to be like that in-game?

None.

Jan 4 2009, 8:03 pm Biophysicist Post #60

The modeling is actually pretty easy. Get Wings 3D and I can teach you, if you want.

The team colors look a little too smooth, is that going to be like that in-game?
I don;t understand what you mean...

None.

Options
Pages: < 1 2 3 4 58 >
  Back to forum