Staredit Network > Forums > Modding Projects > Topic: Biophysics
Biophysics
Dec 9 2008, 11:30 am
By: Biophysicist
Pages: < 1 « 4 5 6 7 8 >

Jan 15 2009, 2:33 am A_of-s_t Post #101

aka idmontie

Every ship posted here is a complete mess -- your's and devourer's. New textures don't make up for the simple block your put wings on.

Personal GitHub
Starcraft GitHub Organization - Feel free to request member status!
TwitchTV

Jan 15 2009, 2:34 am RoryFenrir Post #102

i want to see some of these models in game view... it doenst matter how the models look in the program, it all depends on the size and how they look in sc. Maybe post a few screens in the size they will be with the sc pallet?

None.

Jan 15 2009, 2:39 am Biophysicist Post #103

Look at the OP... I made an entirely new model for the Rampant... As for the other models, calling them a complete messes isn't helpful. lrn2giveconstructivecritism

EDIT: @RoryFenrir: I'll be doing that soon.

None.

Jan 15 2009, 2:41 am RoryFenrir Post #104

k, cause some of your texture colors are definatly not in the color pallate.

None.

Jan 15 2009, 2:42 am A_of-s_t Post #105

aka idmontie

Quote from name:TassadarZeratul
Look at the OP... I made an entirely new model for the Rampant... As for the other models, calling them a complete messes isn't helpful. lrn2giveconstructivecritism

EDIT: @RoryFenrir: I'll be doing that soon.
I did give constructive critizism. Lrn2read.

Personal GitHub
TwitchTV

Jan 15 2009, 2:58 am Biophysicist Post #106

No, A_of-s_t, you said that everything was a complete mess, without saying why you disliked the models. That's not constructive, it's insulting. lrn2think

Also, you didn't say if that included the new Rampant. And actually look at the new Rampant, even if you think you already did, because there have been several "new Rampants".

None.

Jan 15 2009, 6:20 am Hercanic Post #107

STF mod creator, Modcrafters.com admin, CampaignCreations.org staff

How these look ingame is ultimately all that matters. The smaller they are, the less detail they need.

Jan 16 2009, 12:25 am A_of-s_t Post #108

aka idmontie

http://www.staredit.net/121463/

O SHIT!!! ITS CONSTRUCTIVE CRITISISM! Seriously, if you don't want to pay attention to ideas that improve the quality of your models, that's up to you. BTW, your texture is going to get raped by SC.

Personal GitHub
TwitchTV

Jan 16 2009, 9:41 pm HailFire Post #109

Am I the only one that thinks the Pheonix looks like a kite?

None.

Jan 16 2009, 11:53 pm Biophysicist Post #110

Why all the hatred towards mah ships? I'm going to redo them so you can stop saying they suck.

None.

Jan 18 2009, 10:11 pm Biophysicist Post #111

I had a random superspecialawesome thought: Instead ofusing the morphing system, why don't I use EUDs? What I was thinking is use an EUD condition to read what specific unit the player has selected, then use a EUD action to display the correct button set. The reason for this is then I can have a lot more spells and maybe more base units, and basically a lot more features. Anyway, this would require an epic downgrade, and I need to know what downgrader would be reccomended. Also, which patch a the most recent one with EUD actions enabled?

(Oh, I'm pretty sure that coding an AI for this would be actually impossible... Am I right, and is this OK?)

None.

Jan 18 2009, 11:16 pm Corbo Post #112

ALL PRAISE YOUR SUPREME LORD CORBO

Any downgrader would be fine?

fuck you all

Jan 18 2009, 11:55 pm RoryFenrir Post #113

excuse me for being a noob, but ive always wondered, what are EUDs?

None.

Jan 19 2009, 12:00 am Symmetry Post #114

Dungeon Master

http://www.staredit.net/topic/5701/

:voy: :jaff: :voy: :jaff:

Jan 19 2009, 12:36 am Voyager7456 Post #115

Responsible for my own happiness? I can't even be responsible for my own breakfast

EUDs are not a good idea.

all i am is a contrary canary
but i'm crazy for you
i watched you cradling a tissue box
sneezing and sniffling, you were still a fox

Modding Resources: The Necromodicon [WIP] | Mod Night
My Projects: SCFC | ARAI | Excision [WIP] | SCFC2 [BETA] | Robots vs. Humans | Leviathan Wakes [BETA]

Jan 19 2009, 12:47 am Biophysicist Post #116

Why do you say that? We know that it'll be the correct patch because it's a mod.

None.

Jan 19 2009, 12:50 am Voyager7456 Post #117

Responsible for my own happiness? I can't even be responsible for my own breakfast

It's a complicated and inefficient way of doing something fairly simple.

but i'm crazy for you

My Projects: SCFC | ARAI | Excision [WIP] | SCFC2 [BETA] | Robots vs. Humans | Leviathan Wakes [BETA]

Jan 19 2009, 1:02 am Symmetry Post #118

Dungeon Master

That, and you're condemning yourself to the fate of Stargraft or Memgraft, neither of which are tools I ever want to use again.

:voy: :jaff: :voy: :jaff:

Jan 19 2009, 1:17 am Biophysicist Post #119

It's a complicated and inefficient way of doing something fairly simple.

That, and you're condemning yourself to the fate of Stargraft or Memgraft, neither of which are tools I ever want to use again.

See, the problem is, I have two choices: Use EUDs, or use the current system, which forces me to scale back my ideas a lot. I was originally planning on having five or so base units and ten spells, as well as the ability to upgrade your ship's speed individually. However, I hit the unit slot limit (228 units, I think, minus a bunch that don't work normally like Carriers and Medics) and had to cut two of the base units and three of the spells, and totally remove speed upgrades. If I use EUDs for spells, then I don't have to worry about the unit limit and can re-implement all the features I had to remove, which is /a lot/ of features.

None.

Jan 19 2009, 1:39 am Voyager7456 Post #120

Simpler can be better.

but i'm crazy for you

Options
Pages: < 1 « 4 5 6 7 8 >
  Back to forum