Staredit Network > Forums > Staredit Network > Topic: List of Known Bugs/Needed Features
List of Known Bugs/Needed Features
This topic is locked. You can no longer write replies here.
Mar 24 2008, 1:13 am
By: DevliN
Pages: < 1 « 78 79 80 81 8290 >

Oct 26 2011, 10:30 am Lanthanide Post #1581

Is this thread actually useful? Like do issues that get raised in it actually get fixed? If they're not fixed, do they get put on a bug tracking list somewhere else?

If I find a new issue, how am I supposed to tell if the issue has already been raised - am I expected to read all 40 pages of this thread? A lot of it is just people bickering about things or wanting confirmation of the bug in different browsers etc.

What's the deal with the messages? A while ago I selected a bunch of messages in my inbox and clicked "delete", only they appear to have not been actually deleted, but instead have gone into some inaccessible netherworld but are still taking up space in my inbox, yet when I click on it none of them are visible and the bracketed number next to inbox reflects the number of non-"deleted" messages that I have.

None.

Oct 26 2011, 11:39 am NudeRaider Post #1582

We can't explain the universe, just describe it; and we don't know whether our theories are true, we just know they're not wrong. >Harald Lesch

Klick on the message folder that has the wrong message count. You'll notice a warning message at the top. Press the Retry button within this message and voilą your count has been fixed.

Oct 26 2011, 11:45 am DevliN Post #1583

OVERWATCH STATUS GO

Quote from Lanthanide
Is this thread actually useful? Like do issues that get raised in it actually get fixed? If they're not fixed, do they get put on a bug tracking list somewhere else?

If I find a new issue, how am I supposed to tell if the issue has already been raised - am I expected to read all 40 pages of this thread? A lot of it is just people bickering about things or wanting confirmation of the bug in different browsers etc.
Issues get fixed when someone coding the site (presumably Devourer) gets around to them. All fixed issues are crossed out on the OP.

You can tell if an issue has been raised if it is in the OP. I've been slacking recently so it may not include the past 20 pages or so, but for the most part that is where you would check. I left out the PM issue since that has it's own thread in this forum.

EDIT:
Updated the OP up until this post.

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on Oct 26 2011, 12:13 pm by DevliN.

\:devlin\: Currently Working On: \:devlin\:
My Overwatch addiction.

Oct 27 2011, 11:41 am Lanthanide Post #1584

Ok thanks, didn't know issues were put in the OP. Glad there's a system in place.

Thanks Nude.

None.

Nov 1 2011, 1:12 am Dem0n Post #1585

ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ

The site drop-down menu goes behind the video.

Maplantis, Firefox 3.6

Nov 2 2011, 8:37 am DavidJCobb Post #1586

Quote from name:Dem0nS1ayer

The site drop-down menu goes behind the video.

Maplantis, Firefox 3.6
Flash is a bitch to screw with. This page describes a fix, but I have absolutely no idea if it would work or what the side-effects might be. It would require changes to the HTML generated by the YouTube BBCode.

None.

Nov 2 2011, 1:04 pm poison_us Post #1587

Back* from the grave

It also goes behind the contact menu, but nobody paid any attention to it earlier. Which attempting to link to reminds me of yet another bug: deleted posts are still counted as being present, and is messing up links to particular posts. For example, that link above takes me to page 33, while the particular post I wanted was on page 30 (I use 40 posts per page). It's post #1181.

Nov 2 2011, 2:47 pm Roy Post #1588

An artist's depiction of an Extended Unit Death

Quote from poison_us
It also goes behind the contact menu, but nobody paid any attention to it earlier. Which attempting to link to reminds me of yet another bug: deleted posts are still counted as being present, and is messing up links to particular posts. For example, that link above takes me to page 33, while the particular post I wanted was on page 30 (I use 40 posts per page). It's post #1181.
Deleted posts are still present for records and whatnot, and are just invisible to members; it's quite untypical for sites to completely erase these kinds of things from databases.

Still, the link navigation is incorrect.

Nov 2 2011, 3:17 pm poison_us Post #1589

Back* from the grave

That's exactly why I think it should be fixed, and the deleted posts disregarded for navigation purposes. I didn't mean totally delete them. Also, that's not the main point of that post; the buggy dropdown menu is.

Nov 4 2011, 4:30 pm poison_us Post #1590

Back* from the grave

Some nice bbcode we may want to adopt.
Code
[size=+1]+1[/size]

+1
[indent]Indent[/indent]
[highlight]Highlight[/highlight]
[warning]Warning[/warning]

Nov 15 2011, 8:01 pm DevliN Post #1591

OVERWATCH STATUS GO

Quote from Mp)HellFire
Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /home/starlite/public_html/scripts/starcraft2maps/view.php on line 340
I clicked on one of the 5 maps that it says on the Portal Page. It gave me this error but I still got over to the section of the file. The Imaging was all mixed up I suppose. Comment box looked like a thin bar. uhh some Black bars around the area. I guess that's it. not really major but annoying yes.
Quote from Mp)HellFire
A Staredit Network error has occured:
GET variable value invalid. Problem v = http://
Please contact administration with all the details.
I typed http:// into the search to look at links and I get an error when I go on the Second Page or past.

My Overwatch addiction.

Nov 16 2011, 1:27 am poison_us Post #1592

Back* from the grave

Can we get a Skype section of messengers?

Nov 25 2011, 12:39 am Ahli Post #1593

I do stuff and thingies... Try widening and reducing the number of small nooks and crannies to correct the problem.

I don't receive notices for reports. For example I didnt get a notice for 2 reports in news section today.

Nov 25 2011, 5:34 am DevliN Post #1594

OVERWATCH STATUS GO

Hmm. It says you were the one who took care of the report, though. Did they ever end up appearing for you?

My Overwatch addiction.

Nov 25 2011, 4:13 pm Ahli Post #1595

I do stuff and thingies... Try widening and reducing the number of small nooks and crannies to correct the problem.

Quote from DevliN
Hmm. It says you were the one who took care of the report, though. Did they ever end up appearing for you?
I have the forum reports page in my favorites. It appears there, but I didn't receive a notice.

also, I won the raffle and I didn't receive a notice popup.
also, the notice filtering in the notice section of messages section is broken (-> error)

Nov 25 2011, 8:28 pm poison_us Post #1596

Back* from the grave

Similar situation with me a few days ago: Nude moderated a post of mine, and I didn't know about it until two raffle wins later when it finally gave me a notification for the win.

Dec 2 2011, 1:26 am TiKels Post #1597

Annoyance.

If you try and embed a youtube video but, especially on firefox, when you go to copy and paste the URL, you don't get the "http://" in the link, it wont register as a valid youtube link.

"If a topic that clearly interest noone needs to be closed to underline the "we don't want this here" message, is up to debate."

-NudeRaider

Dec 2 2011, 5:21 am poison_us Post #1598

Back* from the grave

You're supposed to use what's after "v=" anyways.

Dec 2 2011, 5:24 pm poison_us Post #1599

Back* from the grave

http://www.staredit.net/316836/

Dec 2 2011, 8:29 pm DevliN Post #1600

OVERWATCH STATUS GO

Imago's quote of your post broke because Aristo put [list] before [encase]. If you change that around in your post, will the buttons still cover the text?

As far as I know, [encase] tags in quotes don't really work, anyway, so perhaps that's the issue.

My Overwatch addiction.

Options
Pages: < 1 « 78 79 80 81 8290 >
  Back to forum