Staredit Network > Forums > Staredit Network > Topic: List of Known Bugs/Needed Features
List of Known Bugs/Needed Features
This topic is locked. You can no longer write replies here.
Mar 24 2008, 1:13 am
By: DevliN
Pages: < 1 « 77 78 79 80 8190 >

Oct 4 2011, 5:56 am DevliN Post #1561

OVERWATCH STATUS GO

He said it was Chrome earlier in the Shoutbox. Seems to only happen to me on Chrome for topics inside the forums, rather than on the global forum index.

\:devlin\: Currently Working On: \:devlin\:
My Overwatch addiction.

Oct 4 2011, 7:36 am TomWaits Post #1562

Just tested it out, and seems to happen for the global forum index as well. Devlin is right, though. Chrome. On Windows, if it makes a difference.

None.

Oct 5 2011, 5:35 am Jack Post #1563

>be faceless void >mfw I have no face

I had/have that problem with chrome middle mouse button clicking on forum titles on the index page (null etc.).

Red classic.

"In short, their absurdities are so extreme that it is painful even to quote them."

Oct 5 2011, 8:09 am DavidJCobb Post #1564

Quote from TomWaits
Just tested it out, and seems to happen for the global forum index as well. Devlin is right, though. Chrome. On Windows, if it makes a difference.
Which forum skin? They all have different code, and I suspect it may be a particular piece of JavaScript causing the problem. I don't recall if it was removed, but similar issues to yours were raised in the past because of it.

If you don't know what skin you're on, and if it's green and grey, then it's probably Turtle.

None.

Oct 5 2011, 8:31 am Jack Post #1565

>be faceless void >mfw I have no face

Happens on carbonite, not on turtle, happens on epic, happens on carbonite, happens on augustgrad, doesn't happen on SC2MN.

Red classic.

"In short, their absurdities are so extreme that it is painful even to quote them."

Oct 6 2011, 4:50 am DavidJCobb Post #1566

Quote from Jack
Happens on carbonite, not on turtle, happens on epic, happens on carbonite, happens on augustgrad, doesn't happen on SC2MN.
I know why.

Devlin, can you or Devourer nuke the onclick JS attribute on the TDs used for forum sections? That's what's causing the problem, and it's been what's causing the problem. I just checked; it's not on Turtle, but it's still on Epic (and, presumably, the other skins mentioned).

None.

Oct 6 2011, 9:15 pm poison_us Post #1567

Back* from the grave

Quote from poison_us">http://www.staredit.net/?p=shoutbox&view=1450]poison_us -- Damn, it moves it back like it should be when it refreshes
O)FaRTy1billion -- It resets
poison_us -- quick someone shout so I can see what happens if it refreshes when it's moved over.
O)FaRTy1billion -- And you can go left/right!
poison_us -- yep. works anywhere else.
poison_us -- And it doesn't do it in the shoutbox main, apparently.
O)FaRTy1billion -- O.o why can you scroll past the top/bottom?
poison_us -- I've got Chrome.
Azrael.Wrath -- I can't do it
Azrael.Wrath -- No way.
poison_us -- So much so that you can't even read any text.
poison_us -- You can middle click and drag the shoutbox window around.
poison_us -- huh.

Oct 19 2011, 2:53 pm Ahli Post #1568

I do stuff and thingies... Try widening and reducing the number of small nooks and crannies to correct the problem.

Signature Image limit is 600, signature's limit is 400 as stated in the rules.
My current signature image is 600 as a reference.

Oct 19 2011, 8:08 pm DavidJCobb Post #1569

Quote from poison_us
Can't reproduce in Carbonite under Chrome. Do you know what triggered it?

None.

Oct 19 2011, 8:09 pm DevliN Post #1570

OVERWATCH STATUS GO

Quote from DavidJCobb
Quote from poison_us
Quote from poison_us

My Overwatch addiction.

Oct 20 2011, 3:51 am DavidJCobb Post #1571

It's a WebKit problem (unsurprisingly). A fix will have to wait until Apple and Google release updates for the respective browsers.

None.

Oct 20 2011, 4:06 am Aristocrat Post #1572

Quote from Ahli
Signature Image limit is 600, signature's limit is 400 as stated in the rules.
My current signature image is 600 as a reference.

Limit was raised to 600 a while ago, but only one instance of the reference to the limit in rules was updated.

None.

Oct 20 2011, 4:53 am poison_us Post #1573

Back* from the grave

Quote from DevliN
Quote from DavidJCobb
Quote from poison_us
Quote from poison_us
Actually, it seems as though the problem fixed itself. For whatever reason, I can't do it anymore.

EDIT: You have to either refresh (maybe) or post in the shoutbox (definitely) to get it to work. Actually refreshing should work if it adds more stuff the the shoutbox, which posting always does.

EDIT2: Ok, it's apparently doing whatever it wants now, in that no shoutbox refresh is needed to middle-click drag the shoutbox.

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on Oct 22 2011, 9:17 pm by poison_us.

Oct 22 2011, 9:14 pm poison_us Post #1574

Back* from the grave

If you have the shoutbox open in one window, change the shoutbox color settings in another, and shout in both windows, you'll get two different colors. The shout from the first window will be your original color, while the changed setting shout will be the second. Not sure if this is an intentional bug, or if it's simply too much of a pain to fix. Or not enough of a pain to fix. Though I could easily make it enough of a pain to fix >:D

Oct 22 2011, 9:59 pm DavidJCobb Post #1575

Quote from poison_us
If you have the shoutbox open in one window, change the shoutbox color settings in another, and shout in both windows, you'll get two different colors. The shout from the first window will be your original color, while the changed setting shout will be the second. Not sure if this is an intentional bug, or if it's simply too much of a pain to fix. Or not enough of a pain to fix.
This is because your setting is written to the page (as the hidden value behind the "My Color" drop-down option) when the page loads, and is not updated later.

The easiest fixes I can think of would be to fetch your current shoutbox color from the server with AJAX every time you send a shout; or store the setting in cookies and use JavaScript to change it in the settings page. Both are indeed too much of a pain to try out. Alternatively, we could make "My Color" send a dummy value (e.x. "#MCOLOR") and have the server re-fetch the setting from the database every time you shout with that -- but I don't think that would be efficient, and it could be difficult depending on how the relevant server-side code is set up.

None.

Oct 24 2011, 11:31 am poison_us Post #1576

Back* from the grave

A Staredit Network error has occured:
MySQL Error '2006': MySQL server has gone away
Query failed: SELECT * FROM members WHERE name IN ('Sacrieur','BiOAtK','Apos','Aristocrat','Vrael')
Waited: 0.0319480895996 ms
Please contact administration with all the details.

Not sure exactly what caused it, but it's basically the old bug resurfacing where I tried to load multiple pages. I usually ignored it, but this time we have member names. What do?
EDIT: Happened last night, btw, I was having problems with SEN so I said fuck it and waited until this morning to post.

Oct 24 2011, 9:03 pm DevliN Post #1577

OVERWATCH STATUS GO

Every time I try to edit my BlizzCon post and add new images, I get the following error:
A Staredit Network error has occured:
Query failed: SELECT * FROM attachments WHERE att_status=0 AND att_posts=0 AND att_mid=1406
Waited: 0.0309944152832 ms

My Overwatch addiction.

Oct 24 2011, 9:53 pm Lanthanide Post #1578

But you are the administrator :P

None.

Oct 25 2011, 5:53 am poison_us Post #1579

Back* from the grave

Quote from DevliN
Query failed: SELECT * FROM attachments WHERE att_status=0 AND att_posts=0 AND att_mid=1406
Waited: 0.0309944152832 ms
"att_status=0 ...att_mid=<your member ID>" seems to be the normal derp response SEN gives when it doesn't like something you're doing, though. If you look in my error, it has several member names listed off at the "Query failed:" line, that tells me something usual is afoot. I might have been multiquoting and SEN derped as I edited a post, which is what I was doing, and it failed on some line or another where it retrieved member names.

Oct 25 2011, 6:02 am DevliN Post #1580

OVERWATCH STATUS GO

I wasn't trying to suggest mine was related to yours, I was just posting a bug.

Also, yours says "FROM members" and mine says "FROM attachments," so I'm guessing yours was an error due to quoting members? I'm not sure.

My Overwatch addiction.

Options
Pages: < 1 « 77 78 79 80 8190 >
  Back to forum