Staredit Network > Forums > Null > Topic: Your New You
Your New You
Sep 23 2012, 5:18 am
By: Fire_Kame
Pages: < 1 « 3 4 5 6 >

Oct 1 2012, 12:00 am Azrael Post #81

Go to a department or hardware store and purchase a box cutter. After exiting the store, when no one is watching, slide it into your pocket.

Oct 1 2012, 12:40 am Sacrieur Post #82

Still Napping

If you possess a back pocket, use it to store the box cutter; else, put it in your sock.

None.

Oct 1 2012, 3:35 am Fire_Kame Post #83

wth is starcraft

While under the tree you begin to ask yourself many questions about life, the universe and why the hell you're not at home, checking facebook neurotically.

You walk to a nearby hardware shop. Although you are unsure why, the chocolate milk appears to have helped significantly, and you no longer feel faint. You buy the box cutter and slip it into a pocket in your dress. It is almost four o'clock and you start to see more of your classmates out walking around town.

Oct 1 2012, 3:37 am lil-Inferno Post #84

Just here for the pie

Ponder how Facebook exists in 1951, along with the technology to access an Internet that doesn't exist from anywhere in the world.

Oct 1 2012, 3:54 am Roy Post #85

An artist's depiction of an Extended Unit Death

Quote from lil-Inferno
Ponder how Facebook exists in 1951.
The craving for chocolate milk means there is a rift in the space time continuum (though we should already know that because we time traveled). Maybe we should stop screwing around so we can restore the timeline before it's too late. Ultimately, it seems like nothing was affected aside from what we call the current year (everyone we knew and modern technology is still here, for example).

For all we know, things could be reverting slowly; the year number is the first to change; personal computers could soon be gone, people you know could slowly get replaced with the people from the 1950's.

Read the local paper and/or talk to people about any major or important local events coming up; it's likely that the reason we're here is because of something that has happened in history that will impact our life forever.

Oct 1 2012, 4:01 am rayNimagi Post #86

Guys, I think you're over-thinking this. Kame made it pretty clear that Scarlet is in 1951. I think Kame meant to say that Scarlet is wondering "why she isn't back in 2012, checking Facebook". Walk around the main street, noting locations of interest and possible shortcuts that may be used to escape a pursuer.

Win by luck, lose by skill.

Oct 1 2012, 4:06 am Roy Post #87

An artist's depiction of an Extended Unit Death

Quote from rayNimagi
Guys, I think you're over-thinking this. Kame made it pretty clear that Scarlet is in 1951. I think Kame meant to say that Scarlet is wondering "why she isn't back in 2012, checking Facebook". Walk around the main street, noting locations of interest and possible shortcuts that may be used to escape a pursuer.
You're underthinking this, then, because despite us going back 60 years, everyone we know is still here and unaware of the time difference.

Oct 1 2012, 4:15 am Fire_Kame Post #88

wth is starcraft

Scarlet is thinking of life in 2012, even though people you remember from that time period are seemingly in 1951.

You check the local headlines but you see nothing significant. The only seemingly significant thing coming up is the Homecoming parade - the city council is currently looking for "student diplomats" to be apart of the planning process.

Oct 4 2012, 11:37 pm Vrael Post #89

New Objective: get to Las Vegas. Bet all your money that the New York Giants will win the National League pennant off a home run in the bottom of the 9th on October 3rd.

Also, wire a telegram to British Intelligence. Sir Henry Gurney is going to be attacked and killed by communist insurgents on October 6th.

None.

Oct 5 2012, 1:27 am rayNimagi Post #90

Quote from Vrael
New Objective: get to Las Vegas. Bet all your money that the New York Giants will win the National League pennant off a home run in the bottom of the 9th on October 3rd.
Scarlet isn't 18, so don't do this. At least go to Dick's Soda first.

Oct 5 2012, 2:32 am Azrael Post #91

I also vote to not do those things, and instead go to Dick's Soda.

Although I do like the idea of potentially changing the future, I'd rather it be done in a way that isn't likely to destroy our chances of reversing the time shift. Besides, how can you contact anyone from 1951 if everyone can be recognized as people from 2012? Maybe the mystery man will shed some light on the circumstances.

Oct 8 2012, 3:59 pm Fire_Kame Post #92

wth is starcraft

Scarlet sits in a corner booth of Dick's Soda, trying to isolate yourself from the rest of the class. The chocolate milk you had earlier helped ease your stomach a little, but you are still very light headed and uneasy. You still feel out of place - the faces all look familiar but the setting does not. You order a strawberry cream soda and wait. Puffy and a couple of girls are looking at you behind hands hiding whispers. They giggle and jerk their heads away as you noticed. Great, it's the second day of class and rumors are already starting, you think miserably. Stirring your straw in the imitation strawberry flavored beverage. You see Jordan with Puffy. He smiles at you warmly. You manage a weak smile back. Blushing, he starts walking towards you, but is cut off by a man in a trenchcoat who sits down by you and grabs a menu. Jordan turns around and rejoins Puffy. "I am starving, Spacing is hard work," he mumbles, scanning the front and back of the worn cardstock menu before him. His haircut is short and spiked with gel - a style you detest but a welcome change from the off center parts and combovers of everyone in this century. He looked like he had several piercings - currently vacant of jewelry - one in his lip, one in his nose and the holes from gauges in his ears. He looked modern. The waitress comes over and waits expectantly while he goes over the menu, "yea I'd like two double cheeseburgers, a side of fries...a side salad and a large chocolate malt, please," the waitress jots it down and begins to turn away, "ah wait, better make that two orders of that," he says, smiling at you. The waitress raises her eyebrow and places the order with the chefs, which both eye your table appreciatively.

The man smiles at you. "My name is Cory, and you are Scarlet, correct? Unlike my fellow Spacers I have no intention of leading you on with long, drawn out conversation. So let's get to business...you are wondering why you're here, yes? This isn't your home. The people look the same but the time is different. No, actually, the time is....okay I'm rambling. Here," he says, grabbing two straws from a container nearby, he places them parallel to each other, but one was an inch closer to you. "This, is the beginning of 'time' as we know it," he says, pointing to the ends of the straws, "see how the 'beginnings' start at different points? The time you're from is this straw," he said, point to the one that was closer to him, "and this straw is the time you're in now," he said, pointing to the straw closer to you, "and this is the point we're at in 'time,'" he said, his hand forming a perpendicular line at the end of the 2012 straw and about an inch from the end of the 1950s straw. "The generations stay the same as the 'time' progresses, but the cultural development, and social period changes accordingly. We aren't sure why, and we aren't sure what caused this straw - the place we are right now - to be offset. All we know is that after scouring census data you were missing from this timeline; and who knows how many others? We're still trying to figure that out, but the census data is...spotty, to say the best...in other parts of the world. We've only found you so far."

The food arrived and Cory fell silent. He thanked the waitress and threw a handful of fries into his mouth. "Do you have any questions?"

Oct 8 2012, 4:36 pm rayNimagi Post #93

Ask "How do I get back to 2012?"

Oct 8 2012, 4:41 pm Fire_Kame Post #94

wth is starcraft

"Well, myself as well as my organization can get you back to 2012- but we can't do that; not until we figure out what's going on that made time jump like that."

Oct 8 2012, 5:41 pm Dem0n Post #95

ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ

Tell them that all you need is a DeLorean and a small amount of plutonium.

Oct 8 2012, 6:05 pm Azrael Post #96

Ask him what he wants you to do. Try to get as much useful information from him as possible.

Oct 8 2012, 9:16 pm rayNimagi Post #97

Ask him "Is it possible to travel to some other point in time of my choosing?"

Oct 8 2012, 10:54 pm Fire_Kame Post #98

wth is starcraft

"So I can go to any point of my choosing?" You ask hopefully.

"Well, yes, in theory...you have to be a spacer to do it though....and you're missing what I said. See, this isn't just time we're jumping through...we've somehow jumbled up space in all this too. Like I said, we're not sure why your generation was chosen to show up in this decade, when all other timelines have you through the first part of the 2000s..." Cory hesitates for a minute and then says, "I'm not sure what I need you to do. I need you to go to class, and to be a normal - uh - nuclear family member. Just until we can get this figured out. I'm not sure what has caused this, yet. It might be as simple as this is the final generation, the ones-" he stopped, blushed, and stuffed his face with food again.

Oct 9 2012, 12:06 am rockz Post #99

ᴄʜᴇᴇsᴇ ɪᴛ!

"What's a spacer?"

"Parliamentary inquiry, Mr. Chairman - do we have to call the Gentleman a gentleman if he's not one?"

Oct 9 2012, 12:11 am Fire_Kame Post #100

wth is starcraft

"Spacers are an organization of time and space jumpers - that isn't our official name, but it is the crude slang term that my timeline chose to give us. Your timeline has not had any Spacers in a long time, and this one it would appear will never have any," he looks at you appreciatively, "though you could become one, one day, if you're so inclined."

Options
Pages: < 1 « 3 4 5 6 >
  Back to forum