Staredit Network > Forums > Null > Topic: Azrael's Mafia #1: Resident Evil
Azrael's Mafia #1: Resident Evil
Oct 23 2011, 4:05 am
By: Azrael
Pages: < 1 « 61 62 63 64 >

Nov 24 2011, 5:10 pm TiKels Post #1241

I didn't want to post this problem... Because it would possibly negatively effect the town, but here it goes.

Infiltrator obviously can tell a hacker to change who he is hacking... So this means it happens before the hacking occurs.

"If a topic that clearly interest noone needs to be closed to underline the "we don't want this here" message, is up to debate."

-NudeRaider

Nov 24 2011, 5:22 pm Aristocrat Post #1242

Quote from TiKels
I like how aristocrat killed all the investigators.
Silence, mafia scum.

The Beguiler is OP as fuck yo, so many night abilities that can be used simultaneously. If I were Beguiler this game would have ended in like <6 days, just from the ridiculous number of exploits available.

None.

Nov 24 2011, 5:24 pm poison_us Post #1243

Back* from the grave

I told you Rai was USS. From the start had a bad feeling about him, but meh.

Also, FUCK YOU I TOLD YOU RINEY WAS BOMB RIGGER. Assholes never listen.

Nov 24 2011, 5:30 pm Aristocrat Post #1244

Quote from poison_us

Raitaki produced genuine-looking documents. How was I supposed to know Beguiler could fabricate clues?

(And my hypothesis was based on two assumptions:
1. Azrael considers two bomb riggers to be OP
2. Beguiler only has one night ability. Since causing fake death happened, it was not possible for death roles to also be masked, because that would make the beguiler incredibly OP.)

Unfortunately, neither assumption was correct. Beguiler is essentially god in this game, and I must commend the town for suspecting Raitaki before me. (Had he claimed Pathologist instead and used his blood tests, I fear that the game would have been lost.)

Oh yeah, Raitaki, about that lying about your role thing... Guess who dies first next mafia game :wtfawesome:

None.

Nov 24 2011, 5:41 pm poison_us Post #1245

Back* from the grave

Quote from poison_us
Code
[color=#598D2B]I vote [color=red]Raitaki[/color].[/color] [color=transparent]Reaction testing is fun :[i][/i]D[/color]

While I didn't expect to get the last USS, I still reaction tested someone who I had a heavy suspicion against. I did notice that the majority of his documents looked falsified, but that might've just been a coincidence. His reaction more or less was a "eh, whatever you want, but first let me put on my :crybaby: face", so I wanted a double lynch with Echo. Either way...lol'd. I was right when I said the following, which just makes me all the more :awesome:

Quote from poison_us
Azrael really should go ahead and type up the game over post.
EDIT: Yea, Aristo, Roy even had evidence as well that Riney was a Rigger, and ignored it, despite me arguing that he could not be the Beguiler because he couldn't be both Beguiler and Rigger, but that's before I saw how massively OP Beguiler is.

Then again, it's balanced because of the ineffective USS. Seriously, some big mistakes on that there USS side.

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on Nov 24 2011, 5:47 pm by poison_us.

Nov 24 2011, 5:44 pm Raitaki Post #1246

Quote from Aristocrat
Quote from poison_us

Raitaki produced genuine-looking documents. How was I supposed to know Beguiler could fabricate clues?

(And my hypothesis was based on two assumptions:
1. Azrael considers two bomb riggers to be OP
2. Beguiler only has one night ability. Since causing fake death happened, it was not possible for death roles to also be masked, because that would make the beguiler incredibly OP.)

Unfortunately, neither assumption was correct. Beguiler is essentially god in this game, and I must commend the town for suspecting Raitaki before me. (Had he claimed Pathologist instead and used his blood tests, I fear that the game would have been lost.)

Oh yeah, Raitaki, about that lying about your role thing... Guess who dies first next mafia game :wtfawesome:
What do you mean? I'm pretty sure I died as a Researcher and if somebody shadowed someone I'm visiting I'm sure they'd still see me as a researcher :awesome: OR ARE YOU ACCUSING ME OF DOING WHAT I AM SUPPOSED TO DO AS A MAFIA EVEN WHEN I DIDN'T DO IT?
And thanks for praising my ability to write up legit-looking bs :awesome: That clue against Tikels was written by me btw :awesome:

None.

Nov 24 2011, 6:38 pm DevliN Post #1247

OVERWATCH STATUS GO

Now I see why Roy suggested that one of the Researchers could be lying, and then never pressed the matter after that. :awesome:

Even though I was a Zombie, I was happy to help the Survivors win. Good job, guys.

EDIT:
So now that we know what the Beguiler does, what was he supposed to "Succeed" at for the achievement?

\:devlin\: Currently Working On: \:devlin\:
My Overwatch addiction.

Nov 24 2011, 6:55 pm Raitaki Post #1248

Quote from DevliN
Now I see why Roy suggested that one of the Researchers could be lying, and then never pressed the matter after that. :awesome:

Even though I was a Zombie, I was happy to help the Survivors win. Good job, guys.

EDIT:
So now that we know what the Beguiler does, what was he supposed to "Succeed" at for the achievement?
Win.
Near the end Az added a new achievement that basically is awarded if 5 people died as the role I Masked them at night :3

None.

Nov 24 2011, 9:00 pm Lanthanide Post #1249

At the end, did anyone actually suspect Rai? I just voted for him because I had no other options left.

I think this game would have been better if there were 2 assassins and beguiler wasn't so OP. After Demon died USS was really quite constrained in what their powers actually let them do.

Also if I had been told on the night that we tested Tikels and Imago that Tikels was proven on that same night, then I definitely wouldn't have voted to lynch him. I only knew about testing Imago, I didn't know about testing Tikels.

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on Nov 24 2011, 9:05 pm by Lanthanide.

None.

Nov 24 2011, 9:47 pm DevliN Post #1250

OVERWATCH STATUS GO

poison did. At one point during our PMing, Roy suggested that one of the Researchers was possibly lying since everyone else was verified, though he never specifically suggested Rai to me. Funny enough Rai was going to be my next Bite target supposing I didn't die in the Norm lynch. Like I said in the Shoutbox, I figured it would be easier to start picking off the Researchers and then any non-Hackers/Aristocrat since they can just wall themselves in and win without worrying about being targeted at night.

\:devlin\: Currently Working On: \:devlin\:
My Overwatch addiction.

Nov 24 2011, 9:52 pm Lanthanide Post #1251

I was told that Tikels had been tested, but my point is that no one told me he was tested on the same night that I tested Imago with Roy. AFAIK the testing of Tikels had happened 2-4 nights before and one of the other hackers could have been lying or screwed up or whatever: with only Tikels and Imago the hacking results were effectively unambiguous. We were 95% sure that Ex was USS up until the point his death role indicated he was Hacker, so that immediately made me distrust all earlier hacker activities (especially since I hadn't been party to them at the time).

None.

Nov 24 2011, 10:14 pm Echo Post #1252

I was right about Roy. I PMed Lanthanide about it.

None.

Nov 24 2011, 11:03 pm TiKels Post #1253

I said 100 times that I was proven townie =/

;_; gj town

"If a topic that clearly interest noone needs to be closed to underline the "we don't want this here" message, is up to debate."

-NudeRaider

Nov 25 2011, 12:15 am Azrael Post #1254

Quote from Aristocrat
The Beguiler is OP as fuck yo, so many night abilities that can be used simultaneously. If I were Beguiler this game would have ended in like <6 days, just from the ridiculous number of exploits available.

I would like to hear an elaboration on this, not just a baseless declaration of fact. The design and balancing process for this game took place over a number of months, and I can assure you there is nothing imbalanced about the Beguiler. I can only assume you took a cursory glance at the role and are grossly misunderstanding something.

Quote from poison_us
I saw how massively OP Beguiler is.
Quote from Lanthanide
and beguiler wasn't so OP.

Again, feel free to explain your reasoning as to how a role with almost zero ability to directly affect the game is OP, especially when he's the only USS that can be detected via blood testing.

The most powerful of the USS roles was the Infiltrator. This was balanced through a number of gameplay aspects, which I thought I might end up needing to explain. The Beguiler though? That's a pretty ludicrous assertion. I doubt anyone would have played the role better than Raitaki did, and I'm assuming that if the Infiltrator had been activated earlier, right now the commentary would be about how OP he is instead.

Quote from Lanthanide
After Demon died USS was really quite constrained in what their powers actually let them do.

Which is to be expected. It was a game of strategy and deception, favoring tactic over brute force. The game wasn't balanced on the assumption the Assassin would give himself up on the first day. If the USS had cooperated and planned out their moves, they wouldn't have had half their members die so early. The fact they were lynched was due to their own failing, and their team suffered for it.

Quote from Raitaki
Quote from DevliN
Win.
Near the end Az added a new achievement that basically is awarded if 5 people died as the role I Masked them at night :3

To elaborate on this, it was to be alive at the end of the game.

Once Beguiler was the last role left, it was pretty clear USS wouldn't win, since Beguiler is the worst of all USS roles at playing solo, especially when Feign Death has been used already. I added an achievement which was still unlikely but at least remotely possible.

Quote from Aristocrat
Dammit, what is that seemingly obvious thing? Please explain.

This was in reference to a comment I made about Researchers having additional functionality which apparently no one had figured out.

The seemingly obvious thing was the fact that "no clues will ever point to the Infiltrator," and the clues were research documents. That being the case, as soon as the Infiltrator or Zombies were the only enemies remaining, Researchers would no longer be able to uncover documents. This would inform the Survivors that they had successfully eliminated all the non-Infiltrator USS.

Nov 25 2011, 12:32 am Roy Post #1255

An artist's depiction of an Extended Unit Death

Before everyone jumps on "Roy was USS all along," I'd like to remind you that I wasn't awoken until very, very late game (i.e., the last three cycles), so I was never doing some massive plot to bring you all down.

Nov 25 2011, 12:36 am The_UrChai Post #1256

Quote from Roy
Before everyone jumps on "Roy was USS all along," I'd like to remind you that I wasn't awoken until very, very late game (i.e., the last three cycles), so I was never doing some massive plot to bring you all down.
And that's why I don't feel bad that I blindly trusted you the whole time.

Also it's kinda random that I was the only legitimate Project director to be town aligned the entire game.

Good job to everyone! I always thought town was on top.

None.

Nov 25 2011, 12:58 am poison_us Post #1257

Back* from the grave

Quote from name:shadow649
Quote from Roy
And that's why I don't feel bad that I blindly trusted you the whole time.
This, minus the blindly part.

Nov 25 2011, 1:05 am EzTerix Post #1258

Aristocrat scares me :( . Me being an expendable and all. If I had a visitor's action this game I probably would've died.

Oh and I really liked the summary it was very sexy.

None.

Nov 25 2011, 1:19 am Riney Post #1259

Thigh high affectionado

So in other words, we were all just a Umbrella experiment to see who belongs in their corporation and who doesnt? Sinister man.

Riney#6948 on Discord.
Riney on Steam (Steam)
@RineyCat on Twitter

-- Updated as of December 2021 --

Nov 25 2011, 1:41 am Aristocrat Post #1260

Quote from name:Azrael.Wrath
The seemingly obvious thing was the fact that "no clues will ever point to the Infiltrator," and the clues were research documents. That being the case, as soon as the Infiltrator or Zombies were the only enemies remaining, Researchers would no longer be able to uncover documents. This would inform the Survivors that they had successfully eliminated all the non-Infiltrator USS.
What? That was it? I figured that was the case, but you made it sound like something devious and hidden so I didn't think this was the attribute you were talking about :|

None.

Options
Pages: < 1 « 61 62 63 64 >
  Back to forum