Azrael's Mafia #1: Resident Evil
Oct 23 2011, 4:05 am
By: Azrael
Pages: < 1 « 50 51 52 53 5464 >

Nov 18 2011, 12:07 am poison_us Post #1021

Back* from the grave

Quote from Lanthanide
Quote from poison_us
We haven't seen a Saboteur death, and it seems odd if there's only one Assassin.
I think I posted this earlier, but it wouldn't surprise me if beguiler does have a death role ability, that it might only apply to other USS. So Riney may have been saboteur.

As I've said a ton of times before, Riney also cannot be the Beguiler, and so I think the Beguiler is able to effect the public role of people killed. This kind of makes it a pain in the ass if you're trying to estimate how many USS are left, though. However, I think the Beguiler has to target a specific player the same day/night that they die, and that's why Demon showed up as an Assassin.
Well I'm not convinced that Riney is absolutely not Beguiler. It seems unlikely but I don't think we should just rule it out because it's 'convenient' for our current theories.

Rai: Townies who have lied in the past (in this case, by omission) have met rather unfortunate ends. I really think you should have told us it was a fake clue before we went and killed off a genuine townie.
Roy has been in communication with Riney, and even knows who Riney Rigged. The fun fact is that Roy told me Riney was Rigger the day after Aristocrat "died", and then proceeded to ignore it and treat Riney as if he was the Beguiler anyways. Riney and I knew each other's role from the beginning. While he may have been an Infiltrator, he is definitely not the Beguiler. It's not "convenient for our theories", it's the only logical outcome, as Riney has never lied to me about his role in a Mafia game. He knows the unspeakable things I would do to him if he did.

Nov 18 2011, 12:32 am Aristocrat Post #1022

Quote from Roy
Quote from Aristocrat
Quote from Lanthanide
killed off a genuine townie.

TiKels has been fairly useless, so I don't believe he would have been missed.
I would have missed him.

Bias! :massimo:

None.

Nov 18 2011, 12:47 am TiKels Post #1023

Quote from Roy
Quote from Aristocrat
Quote from Lanthanide
killed off a genuine townie.

TiKels has been fairly useless, so I don't believe he would have been missed.
I would have missed him.
wubwubuwb :wub:

"If a topic that clearly interest noone needs to be closed to underline the "we don't want this here" message, is up to debate."

-NudeRaider

Nov 18 2011, 12:49 am Aristocrat Post #1024

Quote from Roy
Now, on to Aristocrat: he was targeted by the Infiltrator, who instructed Aristocrat to fake his own death.
Quote from name:Azrael.Wrath
The best way to explain Suggest is that it cannot make a player do something they could not do voluntarily
Last time I checked, I can't voluntarily fake my own death. My death was not caused by the infiltrator.

None.

Nov 18 2011, 1:02 am EzTerix Post #1025

BTW WHY DIDN'T WE LYNCH THE ZOMBIE? LOL (everyone here is clearly a zombie fml)

I never used my false document option before I just thought it was a troll action LOL what does it actually do? it gives a clue on a person?

also I could give two shits about the achievement I'm just posting all my clues here and making no effort to solve them.

all my night actions:

Night 6:

Scrap of Paper

"Remove all four, each letter restored, sections in order, no methods recur."
Night 5:

Email message

Date: March 20th
Subject: High-level Clearance

I have been instructed to inform you that your level of clearance will be upgraded as soon as possible. You will need to complete necessary forms first, which will arrive to you by the end of the day. Details on your new responsibilities and the additional locations you can access will be included in the documentation, along with your security clearance card. Your temporary code for the high-security database will be CM2RAEDC-38415. It can only be used from the terminal located in your room, and only in conjunction with a secondary code you'll receive with your files later. If you have any questions or concerns, respond immediately with them.

Night 4:

Entry Code

29108901-14-90

Night 3:

AFKLOL

Night 2:

Journal Entry

There is so little to do here when you're not in the laboratory. I've been passing the time by counting the seconds as they turn to minutes, and the minutes as they turn to hours, which only makes the hours go by even more slowly. In order to live here, wanting to exist solely for your work is something that's certainly necessary to some degree.

Tonight I'll be setting my clock back because of daylight savings. Sadly, this is the most interesting thing that has happened in recent weeks. It's strange to think that I can't even remember the last time I saw natural light.

Current time: 12:23:34.45 AM

Current time: 01:14:14.46 AM

Current time: 01:09:29.12 AM

Well, that was about as enjoyable as could be expected. It's something to do, at least. I guess I should try to finally get some sleep, there will be plenty of work to look forward to tomorrow.

Night 1:

Security Log

4:12 - Officer G2714 starting first patrol of the evening.

4:24 - The facility has been entirely quiet so far.

4:36 - Heard an odd sound from armory, but it seems to have been nothing.

4:49 - Patrolling the area for any activity.

5:22 - Back from patrol, going to catalog weapons in armory.

6:02 - Most rifles accounted for, one not accounted for.

6:31 - After second search, rifle is confirmed missing.

7:42 - Detailed events to superior, was instructed to compare to previous catalog.

8:08 - Reliable determination of time of theft was successful, rifle was present 6 hours ago.

8:10 - Checked location of rifle written on log, space is now empty, must have been stolen.

8:12 - Superior has instructed me to search for signs of the thief.

8:48 - Crossed entire facility looking for suspicious persons or activity, checking armory again.

9:02 - Evidence of entry through air vent found.

9:05 - Informed superior of apparent intruder, facility on lockdown.

9:16 - Going to inspect inside of air vent for further evidence.

10:26 - Officer G3592 taking over security duties. Officer G2714 was found murdered in armory.

None.

Nov 18 2011, 1:15 am TiKels Post #1026

Quote from Aristocrat
Quote from Roy
Now, on to Aristocrat: he was targeted by the Infiltrator, who instructed Aristocrat to fake his own death.
The best way to explain Suggest is that it cannot make a player do something they could not do voluntarily
Last time I checked, I can't voluntarily fake my own death. My death was not caused by the infiltrator.
The way I understood the theory was that infiltrator made you "die", and then beguiler performed some voodoo to make it appear that you died.

"If a topic that clearly interest noone needs to be closed to underline the "we don't want this here" message, is up to debate."

-NudeRaider

Nov 18 2011, 2:04 am EzTerix Post #1027

I think falsify documents is just a research except Azrael tells you how it incriminates someone....and it incriminates someone.

So for instance I could incriminate TIkels, Azrael will make a legit sounding document, tell me why and how it makes tikels a USS, give me it, and I just be like "LOL GUYS I RESAERCHED AND FIGURED SOMETHING OUT LOLOLO" on this thread and lynch Tikels.

is this how it goes? I think I should just try it out to understand how Azrael goes about clues in the researches he gives me because I don't even know where to start

None.

Nov 18 2011, 2:28 am Tempz Post #1028

This is incredibly obscure and I'm amazed i found it...

Price List

Study baseline: $52124
Vial of φ-sample: $47657
aVert system: $39959
λ-mapping data: $69768
Base pair mapping: $48298
Sequencing data: $112228
Par-L system: $56225
CrossGen M-sample: $68917

Add the numbers and it equals 495176
put each number into a letter of the alphabet numerically 1 = a, 2 = b, 3 = c.... etc.

Dierf OR Dieagf
Which means

Die Qf Or Die Agf

This is could also be a possible reference to imagodeo's avatar as his avatar contains 3 letters. Before Demon died he told me Imago was a confirmed townie making it even more likely for him to be a mafia.

Post has been edited 7 time(s), last time on Nov 18 2011, 4:35 am by Tempz.

None.

Nov 18 2011, 2:35 am EzTerix Post #1029

which means....that the items added California tax?

None.

Nov 18 2011, 2:42 am Tempz Post #1030

Sorry i dc'ed before i could post what i thought the clue meant.

First 4 numbers are as followed turned to letters (a = 1, b = 2... etc)

ebabd
dgfeg
ciiei
figfh

The fourth letter from the left of each column is BEEF... now i just need to know meat has to do with the people still currently in the game, found another clue; the last row has the word FIG another reference to food.

Post has been edited 3 time(s), last time on Nov 18 2011, 3:13 am by Tempz.

None.

Nov 18 2011, 3:03 am EzTerix Post #1031

yeah I'm just gonna frame someone and see what happens because none of this is damning or even circumstantial.

also I'm framing ??? incase anyone was worried I would frame them

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on Nov 18 2011, 3:09 am by EzTerix.

None.

Nov 18 2011, 3:22 am Lanthanide Post #1032

Quote from poison_us
Roy has been in communication with Riney, and even knows who Riney Rigged. The fun fact is that Roy told me Riney was Rigger the day after Aristocrat "died", and then proceeded to ignore it and treat Riney as if he was the Beguiler anyways. Riney and I knew each other's role from the beginning. While he may have been an Infiltrator, he is definitely not the Beguiler. It's not "convenient for our theories", it's the only logical outcome, as Riney has never lied to me about his role in a Mafia game. He knows the unspeakable things I would do to him if he did.
Ok, I wasn't aware that Riney claimed rigger. Even so, do we have actual evidence of that? Seems like the only evidence we could have is if an investigator saw him rigging someone. Is that the case?

None.

Nov 18 2011, 5:18 am poison_us Post #1033

Back* from the grave

Quote from Lanthanide
Quote from poison_us
Ok, I wasn't aware that Riney claimed rigger. Even so, do we have actual evidence of that? Seems like the only evidence we could have is if an investigator saw him rigging someone. Is that the case?
As I said, we've been in communication. Roy told me who he claimed to, and I asked over TeamSpeak who Riney's visited, and he told me the same people that Roy told me. Either Riney's lying over TeamSpeak (in which case he knows I will never trust him), or he's telling the truth. Even when Riney's Mafia/USS/whatever, he honestly claims over TS, at least to me and Lingie. We know each others' role at the beginning of the game, every game since a while ago, and we haven't lied to each other yet. On TeamSpeak. Believe what you want, but if Riney actually did lie when we claimed to each other over TS, I do know where he lives. While I can't prove to you that he is the Bomb Rigger, I'm more than willing to bet my life in this Mafia that he is.

Nov 18 2011, 5:25 am Lanthanide Post #1034

Quote from poison_us
As I said, we've been in communication. Roy told me who he claimed to, and I asked over TeamSpeak who Riney's visited, and he told me the same people that Roy told me. Either Riney's lying over TeamSpeak (in which case he knows I will never trust him), or he's telling the truth. Even when Riney's Mafia/USS/whatever, he honestly claims over TS, at least to me and Lingie. We know each others' role at the beginning of the game, every game since a while ago, and we haven't lied to each other yet. On TeamSpeak. Believe what you want, but if Riney actually did lie when we claimed to each other over TS, I do know where he lives. While I can't prove to you that he is the Bomb Rigger, I'm more than willing to bet my life in this Mafia that he is.
I don't count any of that as 'proof', sorry, it's merely an assertion. I don't care if you're bum chums with him, we still don't have any in-game proof.

None.

Nov 18 2011, 6:48 am Roy Post #1035

An artist's depiction of an Extended Unit Death

Quote from Aristocrat
Quote from Roy
The idea that you were a high-profile player at risk of being targeted would mean that if everyone thought you were dead, nobody would target and/or vote for you. Therefore, an action like this would have gone through:
Fake your death for safety.

Nov 18 2011, 12:46 pm Azrael Post #1036

Deadline extended due to site downtime.

Nov 18 2011, 12:46 pm poison_us Post #1037

Back* from the grave

It's still not within his abilities, but meh. A few other people died that night, including Riney, but why? I'd be willing to believe one was the work of an Assassin, but if Aristocrat is still alive, why would the people he had constrained also die, and then not come back? Either a specific ability was used on Aristocrat alone to revive him, or he knowingly went along with a Beguiler's plan.

Nov 18 2011, 1:13 pm Aristocrat Post #1038

Quote from poison_us
It's still not within his abilities, but meh. A few other people died that night, including Riney, but why? I'd be willing to believe one was the work of an Assassin, but if Aristocrat is still alive, why would the people he had constrained also die, and then not come back? Either a specific ability was used on Aristocrat alone to revive him, or he knowingly went along with a Beguiler's plan.

According to the night post, I was attacked by someone else. How do you people not see this? My heart also stopped beating (temporarily), and since the device attached to me kills all constrained players as soon as my heart rate drops to zero, they died. This is clearly not an infiltrator action, and I'm surprised that a normally good player like Roy is making this mistake.

None.

Nov 18 2011, 4:30 pm Roy Post #1039

An artist's depiction of an Extended Unit Death

However, he stopped at the sudden noise behind him, and turned in time to see the gas mask emerge from the shadows mere feet away. The assailant was swift in his movement, and Aristocrat barely saw the blur of motion as something sharp was plunged into his throat. He quickly succumbed to his wound, and his killer silently stepped back into the darkness.

At the moment the engineer's heart stopped beating, others collapsed around the facility, joining him in death. The names which were shown as deceased were those of Observer12425 and Riney.
According to the night post, you were stabbed in the throat and killed. You don't come back from that unless you're a Zombie. The interesting thing is that this time the weapon wasn't specified, and was it not for the "wound" part I would definitely say it was a needle.

If only there was a role that could manipulate information somehow to make this all work. Something like:
USS Beguiler - An expert in manipulating information, not even the other members of the USS know his background or abilities.

Killing all constrained players would be mandatory if you were to properly fake your own death.

Unless you see a role that can make your heart temporarily stop beating and explain how you survived a throat wound that the post said killed you, I'd say this theory is the only one that holds water.

Nov 18 2011, 5:37 pm Aristocrat Post #1040

You didn't answer my question about why you insisted that my death was caused by the infiltrator, when it clearly required a night power other than Suggest. This means that TiKels, unlike you previously postulated, has not been relieved of suspicion as an infiltrator, and neither are you.

In fact, you haven't shown us any proof that you are the project director. You also only claimed to me after an extended delay, as if you needed time to acquire a legitimate role PM. Unless you are willing to raise the terms of our agreement to "In the event that I have a USS role in Azrael's mafia, then I will forfeit all my mineral income, present and future, to Aristocrat", then my suspicion on you remains.

None.

Options
Pages: < 1 « 50 51 52 53 5464 >
  Back to forum