Staredit Network > Forums > Null > Topic: Azrael's Mafia #1: Resident Evil
Azrael's Mafia #1: Resident Evil
Oct 23 2011, 4:05 am
By: Azrael
Pages: < 1 « 51 52 53 54 5564 >

Nov 18 2011, 6:44 pm Roy Post #1041

An artist's depiction of an Extended Unit Death

Quote from Aristocrat
You didn't answer my question about why you insisted that my death was caused by the infiltrator, when it clearly required a night power other than Suggest.
It was caused by Suggest. The night post itself was tampered with by the Beguiler to further sell that you were legitimately dead.

Quote from Aristocrat
Unless you are willing to raise the terms of our agreement to "In the event that I have a USS role in Azrael's mafia, then I will forfeit all my mineral income, present and future, to Aristocrat", then my suspicion on you remains.
That's an absurd commitment. I refuse.

What was your death caused by? How did you come back to life? I've answered both of these with my theory, and you've answered neither.

Nov 18 2011, 7:53 pm Tempz Post #1042

it would help if you'd stop discussing trivial things and start finding hard clues so we can lynch mafia.

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on Nov 18 2011, 8:03 pm by Tempz.

None.

Nov 18 2011, 8:01 pm poison_us Post #1043

Back* from the grave

Quote from Aristocrat
Unless you are willing to raise the terms of our agreement to "In the event that I have a USS role in Azrael's mafia, then I will forfeit all my mineral income, present and future, to Aristocrat", then my suspicion on you remains.
So you can be bought off now? :teach:

Quote from Tempz
it would help if you'd stop discussing trivial things and start finding hard clues so we can lynch mafia.
Also, this.

Nov 18 2011, 8:38 pm Aristocrat Post #1044

My death was not caused by suggest, as it is not possible for me to commit suicide voluntarily. Azrael has explained the infiltrator's power thoroughly and unambiguously. Furthermore, what kind of "suggestion" results in a figure attacking me? Unless the Infiltrator is able to summon warriors from the shadows, my death was not caused by an infiltrator, whose powers have been explained by Azrael in great detail.

Your "theory" also contradicts your claims about the Beguiler's powers being role tampering.

Quote from Roy
Quote from Aristocrat
That's an absurd commitment. I refuse.

Legitimate townies have no reason to refuse that commitment. If you are town-aligned, agreeing to this does not hurt you at all, since non-USS won't be obligated to pay me anything. I urge everyone else to sign off on this commitment; if you are truly 100% town, agreeing to this will allow me to trust you.

None.

Nov 18 2011, 8:54 pm Lanthanide Post #1045

Quote from Aristocrat
Legitimate townies have no reason to refuse that commitment. If you are town-aligned, agreeing to this does not hurt you at all, since non-USS won't be obligated to pay me anything. I urge everyone else to sign off on this commitment; if you are truly 100% town, agreeing to this will allow me to trust you.
I agree to this commitment, with the caveat that if I an infiltrator, I don't yet know it. This can be confirmed by Azrael later if required.

None.

Nov 18 2011, 8:55 pm ImagoDeo Post #1046

Quote from Lanthanide
Quote from Aristocrat
I agree to this commitment, with the caveat that if I an infiltrator, I don't yet know it. This can be confirmed by Azrael later if required.
Same with me. It is possible that I'm the infiltrator and don't know it, although I deem it unlikely.

None.

Nov 18 2011, 9:23 pm Tempz Post #1047

I agree I'm townie (unless I'm the role that doesn't know its mafia)... however its absurd that someone will actually pay you if they are mafia and agree... as the rules states someone can simply lie and never pay you their minerals.

None.

Nov 18 2011, 9:34 pm Aristocrat Post #1048

Quote from Tempz
I agree I'm townie (unless I'm the role that doesn't know its mafia)... however its absurd that someone will actually pay you if they are mafia and agree... as the rules states someone can simply lie and never pay you their minerals.
The rules don't say that. I will hold each and every one of you to this agreement and demand minerals if you lied and turn out to be USS when the game ends. Thank you guys for adding yourselves to the the trustworthy townie list, by the way.

None.

Nov 18 2011, 9:38 pm Tempz Post #1049

Quote from Aristocrat
Quote from Tempz
The rules don't say that. I will hold each and every one of you to this agreement and demand minerals if you lied and turn out to be USS when the game ends. Thank you guys for adding yourselves to the the trustworthy townie list, by the way.
Rule 5
5) Players may communicate in whatever way they like. Feel free to lie, cheat, and trick people in order to come out on top.

None.

Nov 18 2011, 10:07 pm Lanthanide Post #1050

You don't get it Tempz. They're free to lie in this game and do whatever they please. Equally, Aristocrat is free to do whatever he likes outside of this game, whether it be on SEN or not.

None.

Nov 18 2011, 10:41 pm TiKels Post #1051

Leave minerals out of mafia. For real.

I've been putting some thought into it, and having players do as such to further the game is ridiculous. After a certain point every player that is mafia has to lose the mineral amount or admit to being mafia. You shouldn't be fined for being mafia.

"If a topic that clearly interest noone needs to be closed to underline the "we don't want this here" message, is up to debate."

-NudeRaider

Nov 18 2011, 11:51 pm Lanthanide Post #1052

Quote from TiKels
Leave minerals out of mafia. For real.

I've been putting some thought into it, and having players do as such to further the game is ridiculous. After a certain point every player that is mafia has to lose the mineral amount or admit to being mafia. You shouldn't be fined for being mafia.
You're entitled to your opinion. I don't mind backing up all my minerals behind my claim that I'm town. If you don't want to do that, then that's entirely your choice and you accept the consequences.

None.

Nov 18 2011, 11:59 pm Aristocrat Post #1053

Quote from Mp)HellFire
If you are reading this. You're a Fat kid. That is all.

You Mad? Reply to this Message.
Owned. KK GG Bye
:lol:

None.

Nov 19 2011, 12:20 am Azrael Post #1054

Quote from Tempz
Quote from Aristocrat
Quote from Tempz
Rule 5
5) Players may communicate in whatever way they like. Feel free to lie, cheat, and trick people in order to come out on top.

I would like to clarify that Tempz is correct, the rules of Mafia supersede any other agreements or promises made. I fully support and even expect every USS and Zombie to agree to the terms of the arrangement and then not comply with payment afterwards. There are extremely obvious gameplay issues otherwise, I hope I don't need to explain how this would ruin every future Mafia game in which the same tactic would be employed.

Plan to either accept the terms of this kind of agreement in every future game without any intention of complying, or to deny the terms in every game, there are clearly no other options. Feel free to promise your minerals, life savings, and first-born son. Any such agreement is rendered invalid by the rules of Mafia (and common sense) and is not binding in any capacity whatsoever.

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on Nov 19 2011, 12:27 am by Azrael.Wrath.

Nov 19 2011, 12:57 am TiKels Post #1055

Quote from Lanthanide
Quote from Aristocrat
Same

"If a topic that clearly interest noone needs to be closed to underline the "we don't want this here" message, is up to debate."

-NudeRaider

Nov 19 2011, 1:55 am Lanthanide Post #1056

Quote from name:Azrael.Wrath
I would like to clarify that Tempz is correct, the rules of Mafia supersede any other agreements or promises made. I fully support and even expect every USS and Zombie to agree to the terms of the arrangement and then not comply with payment afterwards. There are extremely obvious gameplay issues otherwise, I hope I don't need to explain how this would ruin every future Mafia game in which the same tactic would be employed.

Plan to either accept the terms of this kind of agreement in every future game without any intention of complying, or to deny the terms in every game, there are clearly no other options. Feel free to promise your minerals, life savings, and first-born son. Any such agreement is rendered invalid by the rules of Mafia (and common sense) and is not binding in any capacity whatsoever.
Not really. You don't have any way to enforce what people can or can't do outside the game. I guess the worst that could happen is people are banned from future mafia games, but that requires co-operation from the other people who run mafia games as well as the players.

Another even more direct thing Aristo could do: get all town players to give him a bond of 100 minerals. Upon the end of the game when they are proven beyond doubt to be townie, the bond can be returned (Aristo would have to eat the transaction fees both ways).

I've be quite happy to put a 100 mineral bond down.

None.

Nov 19 2011, 1:58 am Raitaki Post #1057

Quote from Lanthanide
Quote from name:Azrael.Wrath

Not really. You don't have any way to enforce what people can or can't do outside the game. I guess the worst that could happen is people are banned from future mafia games, but that requires co-operation from the other people who run mafia games as well as the players.

Another even more direct thing Aristo could do: get all town players to give him a bond of 100 minerals. Upon the end of the game when they are proven beyond doubt to be townie, the bond can be returned (Aristo would have to eat the transaction fees both ways).

I've be quite happy to put a 100 mineral bond down.
I'd be quite happy to put a 1 mineral bond down, if only SEN allows me to.

None.

Nov 19 2011, 2:02 am Aristocrat Post #1058

Amusingly, TiKels only accepted the terms and conditions after it was pointed out he wouldn't have to follow through with them.

Lanthanide: Transaction fees no longer exist, so I am happy to accept mineral bonds from various people. I will return them in full value if you are innocent, of course.

None.

Nov 19 2011, 2:06 am TiKels Post #1059

Quote from Aristocrat
Amusingly, TiKels only accepted the terms and conditions after it was pointed out he wouldn't have to follow through with them.

Lanthanide: Transaction fees no longer exist, so I am happy to accept mineral bonds from various people. I will return them in full value if you are innocent, of course.
As if I trust you with my mins

-NudeRaider

Nov 19 2011, 2:30 am Azrael Post #1060

Quote from Lanthanide
You don't have any way to enforce what people can or can't do outside the game.

As you don't have any way to enforce agreements, especially those which the rules state are nonbinding.

And yes, if it really became an issue and banning people from future games is necessary, there would be plenty of hosts who would agree.

And yes, I will ban people from future games if they attempt to enforce some method of cheating to unfairly determine enemy roles.

Quote from Lanthanide

First, I petitioned the administration to remove transfer fees some time ago.

Second, no intelligent person who plans to play Mafia in the future would ever agree to that. They may be innocent this game, but what about next game? If someone agrees this time and doesn't agree then, it's equivalent to admitting their guilt. And where does it stop? 200 minerals? 500 minerals? 5000 minerals? $20 through PayPal? $200 through PayPal? Your daughter's virginity? I mean really, this is absurd.

I'm sorry, but I think some people are seriously missing the point of Mafia. If you want to win in such a ridiculous and cheap way, maybe you should try to bribe me and have me just tell you the roles of all the remaining players. I mean it wouldn't be fun for anyone involved, but at least you'd "win", right?

Also, expect the night post and PMs relatively soon.

Options
Pages: < 1 « 51 52 53 54 5564 >
  Back to forum