By: Voyager7456
Pages: < 1 « 4 5 6 7 8 >

Sep 20 2011, 5:27 am Lanthanide Post #101

Yep, huge wastes of water they are.

None.

Sep 20 2011, 5:31 am Fire_Kame Post #102

wth is starcraft

Quote from Lanthanide
That's because you generally don't use sensible electric jugs in the US, instead you generally use archaic whistling kettles that must be put on hot plates.

Also your vacuum cleaners don't have automatically retracting power cords as standard.

So backwards.

Wait are you trolling, or are you really so lazy you can't wind a cord when you're done cleaning? :P

Sep 20 2011, 5:35 am O)FaRTy1billion[MM] Post #103

👻 👾 👽 💪

Quote from Lanthanide
That's because you generally don't use sensible electric jugs in the US, instead you generally use archaic whistling kettles that must be put on hot plates.

Also your vacuum cleaners don't have automatically retracting power cords as standard.

So backwards.
We use electric kettles ... And our vacuum has self-retracting cords. I've never seen otherwise, and have no idea what you are talking about.

TinyMap2 - Latest in map compression! ( 7/09/14 - New build! )
EUD Action Enabler - Lightweight EUD/EPD support! (ChaosLauncher/MPQDraft support!)
EUDDB - topic - Help out by adding your EUDs! Or Submit reference files in the References tab!
MapSketch - New image->map generator!
EUDTrig - topic - Quickly and easily convert offsets to EUDs! (extended players supported)
SC2 Map Texture Mask Importer/Exporter - Edit texture placement in an image editor!
\:farty\: This page has been viewed [img]http://farty1billion.dyndns.org/Clicky.php?img.gif[/img] times!

Sep 20 2011, 6:06 am Lanthanide Post #104

Quote from Fire_Kame
Wait are you trolling, or are you really so lazy you can't wind a cord when you're done cleaning? :P
Why settle for manual when you can have automatic?

@ Farty: when I visited my ex's parents in the US in 2006, they had an attic full of about 5 or 6 vacuum cleaners (the most recent having been purchased only a few years before) and none of them had retractable cords.

Similarly when going to various stores such as Walmart I saw lots of whistling kettles for sale but only 1 or 2 types of electric kettle. Yahoo backs me up: http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20100205140432AAk971T

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on Sep 20 2011, 6:17 am by Lanthanide.

None.

Sep 20 2011, 6:43 am O)FaRTy1billion[MM] Post #105

👻 👾 👽 💪

All of ours (except for one that we got rid of a few years ago that we've had forever) have retractable cords ...

TinyMap2 - Latest in map compression! ( 7/09/14 - New build! )
EUD Action Enabler - Lightweight EUD/EPD support! (ChaosLauncher/MPQDraft support!)
EUDDB - topic - Help out by adding your EUDs! Or Submit reference files in the References tab!
MapSketch - New image->map generator!
EUDTrig - topic - Quickly and easily convert offsets to EUDs! (extended players supported)
SC2 Map Texture Mask Importer/Exporter - Edit texture placement in an image editor!
\:farty\: This page has been viewed [img]http://farty1billion.dyndns.org/Clicky.php?img.gif[/img] times!

Sep 20 2011, 12:31 pm Voyager7456 Post #106

Responsible for my own happiness? I can't even be responsible for my own breakfast

That's funny, the older vacuum we have has a retractable cord, but none of the newer ones I've seen have one.

all i am is a contrary canary
but i'm crazy for you
i watched you cradling a tissue box
sneezing and sniffling, you were still a fox

Modding Resources: The Necromodicon [WIP] | Mod Night
My Projects: SCFC | ARAI | Excision [WIP] | SCFC2 [BETA] | Robots vs. Humans | Leviathan Wakes [BETA]

Sep 20 2011, 3:25 pm Sacrieur Post #107

Still Napping

Pff, you still vacuum floors? Old fashioned.

None.

Sep 20 2011, 3:51 pm MadZombie Post #108

There won't be a new episode of Steinsgate today omg ;A;

None.

Sep 20 2011, 4:06 pm poison_us Post #109

Back* from the grave

I just picked up lunch to go, and they didn't have any of my normal Caesar salad dressing. I'm forced to use...Ranch.

Sep 20 2011, 4:31 pm Tempz Post #110

I don't know half the buttons on a scientific calculator.

None.

Sep 20 2011, 5:52 pm Fire_Kame Post #111

wth is starcraft

Quote from Lanthanide
Quote from Fire_Kame
Why settle for manual when you can have automatic?

Moving parts break.

Sep 20 2011, 8:33 pm Lanthanide Post #112

Quote from Fire_Kame
Moving parts break.
And can be repaired if they're made to a decent standard. A retractable cord really is a huge convenience - I came across a forum where someone was asking "do you usually wrap the cord up neatly or just leave it in a heap?" and most people who replied said they just left it in a heap.

From googling around, I actually get the sneaking suspicion that there are some models of vacuum cleaners sold internationally with retractable cords, and when sold in the US market have that feature removed. I guess it's just too complicated and "magic" for the average American to understand.

None.

Sep 20 2011, 8:50 pm Centreri Post #113

Relatively ancient and inactive

He's feeling penis-envy. He feels so insecure in his country's thorough inferiority that he compensates by pointing out the few, miniscule conveniences of being... somewhere near Australia, right?

None.

Sep 20 2011, 9:16 pm ubermctastic Post #114

Quote from Lanthanide
From googling around, I actually get the sneaking suspicion that there are some models of vacuum cleaners sold internationally with retractable cords, and when sold in the US market have that feature removed. I guess it's just too complicated and "magic" for the average American to understand.
Let me rephrase that for you so it fits in this topic better.
"Eww the retractable cord was broken so I had to wind it up manually"

Here in America, we don't wind up cords. We don't even vaccum. We have these.

None.

Sep 20 2011, 9:16 pm lil-Inferno Post #115

Just here for the pie

Less cords, more first world problems.

Sep 20 2011, 9:29 pm ubermctastic Post #116

I had to replace the batteries in my vaccum cleaning robot.

None.

Sep 20 2011, 9:30 pm Fire_Kame Post #117

wth is starcraft

My cellphone is about to die.

Sep 20 2011, 10:19 pm TiKels Post #118

I'm sick for about the first time in a year

"If a topic that clearly interest noone needs to be closed to underline the "we don't want this here" message, is up to debate."

-NudeRaider

Sep 20 2011, 10:27 pm Dem0n Post #119

ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ

I took a nap, and now I have a headache.

Sep 20 2011, 10:44 pm lil-Inferno Post #120

Just here for the pie

My refrigerator is so stocked with food that it's hard to find something I want to eat.

Options
Pages: < 1 « 4 5 6 7 8 >
  Back to forum