Staredit Network > Forums > SC1 UMS Theory and Ideas > Topic: Detecting Maphacking and Drophacking
Detecting Maphacking and Drophacking
Aug 28 2011, 4:17 am
By: IAGG
Pages: < 1 2 3

Sep 12 2011, 9:10 pm IAGG Post #41

Sry about the late response, so the starport idea wont work? I tried putting some starports owned by player 9 over important areas and then disabling them instantly when the game starts. I could not get it to work the way that was described above.

None.

Sep 16 2011, 6:49 am Apos Post #42

I order you to forgive yourself!

Quote from IAGG
Sry about the late response, so the starport idea wont work? I tried putting some starports owned by player 9 over important areas and then disabling them instantly when the game starts. I could not get it to work the way that was described above.
Apos' Marine Rush with antihack in it. Try this. Then, turn on your map hack while in game (If not, you probably won't have anytime to see what is happening.). In some cases, the game will freeze, but you won't see any error message.

Dec 22 2011, 10:49 pm c(O.Oc) Post #43

Okay, so I got Apos's Marine Rush and now I know that it's possible to detect map hacking, but it'll difficult to make the hacker click on the crashing units if they've played the map more then once because they'll see it coming. Also the map speed is kinda important so screwing with it isn't a good idea. The method is a bit too risky in my opinion, especially on larger maps.

So, instead of detecting the map hacks, what if the Selection Hack was instead targeted? Would it be possible to generate an EUD that detected the selection of thirteen units at the same time? I know that it's possible to detect single units, but instead of creating over a million triggers that covered the conditions of every unit combination, could the generic "[Any Unit]" option be used instead?

None.

Dec 22 2011, 11:22 pm O)FaRTy1billion[MM] Post #44

👻 👾 👽 💪

If you have the buildings covering the whole map, how would they even play?

Also selection hacks don't use the normal unit selection memory like SC does ... The hacks themselves keep track of the selected units in it's own memory.

TinyMap2 - Latest in map compression! ( 7/09/14 - New build! )
EUD Action Enabler - Lightweight EUD/EPD support! (ChaosLauncher/MPQDraft support!)
EUDDB - topic - Help out by adding your EUDs! Or Submit reference files in the References tab!
MapSketch - New image->map generator!
EUDTrig - topic - Quickly and easily convert offsets to EUDs! (extended players supported)
SC2 Map Texture Mask Importer/Exporter - Edit texture placement in an image editor!
\:farty\: This page has been viewed [img]http://farty1billion.dyndns.org/Clicky.php?img.gif[/img] times!

Dec 22 2011, 11:25 pm Roy Post #45

An artist's depiction of an Extended Unit Death

Quote from c(O.Oc)
Would it be possible to generate an EUD that detected the selection of thirteen units at the same time?
No. The selection hack essentially issues orders to units without the player physically selecting them; there are only 12 addresses in memory to check for a player's selection (one for each of up to 12 selected units) per player.

Quote from c(O.Oc)
I know that it's possible to detect single units, but instead of creating over a million triggers that covered the conditions of every unit combination, could the generic "[Any Unit]" option be used instead?
I have no idea what you're asking here. You can check for a range of values for the selected unit's type for all Unit IDs to check if the player has anything selected for a specific selection slot, if that's what you're asking.

Dammit, Farty.

Dec 23 2011, 5:14 pm c(O.Oc) Post #46

All my anti-hacking dreams were just shattered...

None.

Options
Pages: < 1 2 3
  Back to forum