Staredit Network > Forums > Lite Discussion > Topic: Anonymous...
Anonymous...
Aug 10 2011, 4:56 am
By: poison_us  

Aug 10 2011, 8:13 pm TiKels Post #21

I think that a business should never be allowed to operate the way that facebook is purportedly operating. I don't care. I want to go say something along the lines of just because you don't use a product doesn't mean it is instantly irrelevant and should be ignored despite any injustices, and by the same token even if you use a product doesn't mean that your opinion on their policy is irrelevant.

"If a topic that clearly interest noone needs to be closed to underline the "we don't want this here" message, is up to debate."

-NudeRaider

Aug 10 2011, 9:11 pm The Starport Post #22

Quote from Oh_Man
Quote from name:Tuxedo-Templar
The only thing that concerns me about the concept of Anonymous is that it doesn't really define who it can't include (within it's, uh, "rules" I guess). Think about that for a bit.
People who revealed their identity...?
No. I mean things like nation states and such.

None.

Aug 10 2011, 10:46 pm CecilSunkure Post #23

Well I'm excited. I think people had to read Facebook's ToS before using it, so I don't really agree with Anonymous morally... But they at least sound like they are doing what they want because they think it is right.

None.

Aug 10 2011, 11:09 pm ClansAreForGays Post #24

I want to see a grand spectacle.

Aug 10 2011, 11:20 pm Tempz Post #25

Anonymous attacks everyone who break their pseudo code which is well and all but becuase they attack every little thing. Organizations around the world are catching Anonymous members. For those who don't know I support anonymous but to a point, if they begin to do things like attack families and blow up stadiums (which they did state they would attack) it becomes a debate of which of the 2 is the lesser evils.
Collapse Box

I've seen several topics about anonymous and even written one on them; I'm realizing that anonymous and its attacks are like a post on the shoutbox, they we eventually die out and be forgotten about.

I'm very heavily involved in politics and i know the system well enough, most times the little guy get pushed around. Anonymous tries and stands up and help those that don't have a voice. To give these people a voice they resort very risky and illegal tactics which does give a voice to the issue but at what cost, dozens of anonymous members have been jailed for decades. Would you want to risk going to jail just so someones voice is heard?... granted they did some good but they also have done some bad...

My 2 cents.

None.

Aug 11 2011, 12:18 am Riney Post #26

Thigh high affectionado

I dont doubt Anonymous has acquired many that work at Facebook to assist in this endeavor. Something will probably happen, but the owners of facebook will probably have a security measure in place to completely change the way its kept, and probably bring it back up within 5 minutes.

In other news: Remember remember the 5th of November.

Riney#6948 on Discord.
Riney on Steam (Steam)
@RineyCat on Twitter

-- Updated as of December 2021 --

Aug 11 2011, 12:43 am Roy Post #27

An artist's depiction of an Extended Unit Death

Just as a heads up, this isn't an official Anonymous movement. While it is being organized by members of Anonymous, the group's main mediums show that they are not supporting OpFacebook. There are some people that are even against it.

http://www.zdnet.com/blog/facebook/anonymous-does-not-support-killing-facebook-on-november-5/2450

Aug 11 2011, 12:45 am dumbducky Post #28

Quote from TiKels
I think that a business should never be allowed to operate the way that facebook is purportedly operating. I don't care. I want to go say something along the lines of just because you don't use a product doesn't mean it is instantly irrelevant and should be ignored despite any injustices, and by the same token even if you use a product doesn't mean that your opinion on their policy is irrelevant.
You always have your right to free speech, so you can always criticize whoever you want. But if you're complaining about how a company uses the information that you gave in a way specified in the ToS that you agreed to, then you're just a hypocrite. Nobody forced you to upload your pictures to facebook or put in your phone number or your address or who your friends are or any of that. You did it all voluntarily.

Remember, if you aren't paying for anything, then you are the product.

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on Aug 11 2011, 12:52 am by dumbducky.

tits

Aug 11 2011, 1:55 am DevliN Post #29

OVERWATCH STATUS GO

Quote from dumbducky
Nobody forced you to upload your pictures to facebook or put in your phone number or your address or who your friends are or any of that. You did it all voluntarily.
And to add to this, you can have a Facebook account without any of this information added to it, so its not like they're forcing you to include such information just to screw you later.

\:devlin\: Currently Working On: \:devlin\:
My Overwatch addiction.

Aug 11 2011, 2:04 am rockz Post #30

ᴄʜᴇᴇsᴇ ɪᴛ!

@tempz
anon tried to blow up football stadiums, hacked into sarah palin's yahoo account, shot people with a sniper rifle randomly in DC, sent dirty bombs through the mail to abortion clinics, and killed steve jobs.

"Parliamentary inquiry, Mr. Chairman - do we have to call the Gentleman a gentleman if he's not one?"

Aug 11 2011, 2:18 am Tempz Post #31

@Rockz
some of those things sounds normal for anonymous however other things sounds just plain crazy. I mean really ,anonymous killed Steve Jobbs?

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on Aug 11 2011, 2:29 am by Tempz.

None.

Aug 11 2011, 2:23 am DevliN Post #32

OVERWATCH STATUS GO

Quote from Tempz
@Rockz
some of those things sounds normal for anonymous however other things sounds just plain crazy, i mean really killed Steve Jobbs?
They spread a new story that he had died, and people believed it. People were freaking out about Apple stock because of it.

My Overwatch addiction.

Aug 11 2011, 2:29 am rayNimagi Post #33

I don't think they have that much of an effect on society.

Some of the things they do is illogical. Some of it is alright. As people have said before, no one is forcing users to provide their real information to Facebook.

Why doesn't Anonymous try to expose phishing websites or things that actually cause people to lose money?

Win by luck, lose by skill.

Aug 11 2011, 2:34 am Tempz Post #34

I got perfect example "Kevin Trudeau", he is the scum of the earth...
Collapse Box

I know for a fact that he sold inferior products and thus the government shut him down so he is no longer able to advertise anything but his books.

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on Aug 11 2011, 3:13 pm by Tempz.

None.

Aug 11 2011, 2:40 am DevliN Post #35

OVERWATCH STATUS GO

Quote from Tempz
I got perfect example "Kevin Trudeau", he is the scum of the earth... A person i know said he got the book which he said was crap and lies. I quickly skimmed over it and it is nothing but lies and bull crap.

What does this have to do with the topic or Anonymous...?

My Overwatch addiction.

Aug 11 2011, 3:50 am Rantent Post #36

Lol, someone in anonymous had a friend request rejected.

None.

Aug 11 2011, 4:00 am dumbducky Post #37

Anon is a hyperactive collection of nerds with the attention span of children. At best they are rogue vigilantes with an overinflated ego. At worst they are self-righteous vandals with an overinflated ego. There factious organization leads to constant wars on everything that some cell disagrees with. They believe themselves to be all powerful without a single meaningful success to their credit. Remember Project Chanology? When they vowed they would destroy the church of Scientology? They DDoS'd some websites and held protests for a week, the protests themselves being as much a joke as Anonymous's ego. They waved signs declaring "A corporation should not own a religion and its followers" and "longcat is long". And then a week later they had forgotten all about the Church of Scientology and dedicated themselves to making the swastika a top search on Google. They actually believe they are a group of elite hackers, even when their modus operandi is a distributed denial of service attack. What a joke.

tits

Aug 11 2011, 3:17 pm Tempz Post #38

Honestly it vaguely refers to anonymous picking on the wrong people sometimes and he is the real scum.

None.

Aug 11 2011, 4:10 pm NicholasBeige Post #39

I always like seeing a noob wearing the V for Vendetta mask during a riot though. You can tell he'll go down if you hit him once, and he's usually the nerdy type with a decent phone. Or if he's really dumb, a laptop in his backpack.

[/#londonriothumour]

None.

Nov 4 2011, 4:19 pm Apos Post #40

I order you to forgive yourself!

Is this still going to happen? I'm ready!

Edit: Wait, it's only a rumor and the video was made by impostors? Even better, Anonymous claimed they wouldn't do anything to Facebook?

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on Nov 4 2011, 4:34 pm by Apos.

Options
  Back to forum