Staredit Network > Forums > Null > Topic: Mafia: Cosa Infernostra
Mafia: Cosa Infernostra
This topic is locked. You can no longer write replies here.
Jul 29 2011, 4:54 am
By: lil-Inferno
Pages: < 1 « 17 18 19 20 2139 >

Aug 7 2011, 4:37 am poison_us Post #361

Back* from the grave

Quote from Roy
Actually, the Bodyguard description says that the roles are randomly given after the mayor has been elected. This makes it sound like a Detective can also be assigned the Bodyguard role once the mayor is elected, unless of course Inferno meant the role could only be assigned to the remaining regular townies.
Quote from Raitaki
Quote from TiKels
The bodyguard role can't be split on remaining townies. What if all townies died night 1 and then mayor was lynched and re-elected. Then who becomes guard?
Random pair of townies?
The bodyguard(s) are randomly selected from normal townspersons after a mayor is elected.
If by random, you mean the dead "normal" townies, yes.

Aug 7 2011, 4:37 am Roy Post #362

An artist's depiction of an Extended Unit Death

Are Bodyguards assigned after every mayor election? Normally it's as Devlin says, where they are distributed like any other role. However, with this setup, it may be that Bodyguards are assigned after each election.

If I had to take a guess, I'd say those who are Bodyguards will be the Bodyguards for any new mayor, and when they both die, there will be no more Bodyguards to protect future mayors (thereby making the mayor position obsolete). Since there seems to be only two townies that can be Bodyguards, this is probably how it will work, anyway.

Aug 7 2011, 4:49 am Raitaki Post #363

What if the Bodyguard role becomes a "descriptor" role which players attain parallel to their original role, like the Cultist role? That way future mayors still have their asses covered :P

None.

Aug 7 2011, 4:52 am TiKels Post #364

Quote from Raitaki
What if the Bodyguard role becomes a "descriptor" role which players attain parallel to their original role, like the Cultist role? That way future mayors still have their asses covered :P
Uh dude, I'm pretty sure that's the question.

"If a topic that clearly interest noone needs to be closed to underline the "we don't want this here" message, is up to debate."

-NudeRaider

Aug 7 2011, 4:55 am poison_us Post #365

Back* from the grave

What makes you think there would be a second election?

The mayor is elected at the start of the game to "lead" the town.

I'm thinking there's only one election, at the beginning, and that's our only chance to do things right.

Aug 7 2011, 5:14 am TiKels Post #366

So yeah... anyway... Inf is gone.

"If a topic that clearly interest noone needs to be closed to underline the "we don't want this here" message, is up to debate."

-NudeRaider

Aug 7 2011, 5:17 am poison_us Post #367

Back* from the grave

Last Active: 56 minutes ago

/wrists.

Aug 7 2011, 5:32 am lil-Inferno Post #368

Just here for the pie

I'm not "gone", I just don't have the time/willpower at the moment to write the night post. I will tomorrow (well, today's) morning, and if I don't it's because of an outside reason that is out of my control.

Aug 7 2011, 4:36 pm lil-Inferno Post #369

Just here for the pie

** NIGHT 1 END **

Before the slaying and carnage that occurred this night went on, a BROADCAST was transmitted to all radios within the town, repeating over and over again, "All hail Azrael.Wrath, our faithful and loyal mayor. He will eradicate the Mafia and cleanse our town of evil!"

Aristocrat and Azrael.Wrath were quietly chatting over some ale when a police siren vibrated through the air. The police vehicle came to a halt just outside of Aristocrat's loft and the men exited their burrow, handcuffed Aristocrat and Azrael.Wrath, and had to put up with a good sum of aggressiveness from the two before they were behind bars for the night.

Having had one of his good men put down, xAngelSpiritx decided to take his place this night by announcing a killing spree. Jack's corpse was found riddled with bullets in the town square.

Roy was laying down on his rugged couch enjoying old black & white films from the optimistic 50's. A knock was heard at his door and a rotund man with wildly colored hair was at the doorstep. Unsure of what to do, Roy pretended he wasn't home. The rotund man eventually crashed himself through the door, spotted Roy, and whipped out a sub-machine gun, blindly firing at Roy as he tried to make his escape, which he managed to do, huffing and puffing, after dodging a few bullets.

A lone wanderer emerged from his flat, seeking his victim for the night, who was protected behind bars. The lone wanderer went back into his vault, realizing his victim was nowhere to be found after leaving a doughnut by the jail's entrance.

** DAY 2 START **

Overall a pretty uneventful night.

Vote for who should be lynched.

Mayor can announce a double or triple lynch, in which case vote for 2 or 3 candidates, respectively.

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on Aug 7 2011, 4:43 pm by lil-Inferno.

Aug 7 2011, 4:50 pm Riney Post #370

Thigh high affectionado

How blatently obvious that detective would die.

I vote Azrael.Wrath. IT IS TIME MY TOWNIE BRETHREN

The Boonie DID attack one person who was jailed, but Azrael was behind bars thus proving his claim invalid, this makes him NOT THE BOONIE.

Riney#6948 on Discord.
Riney on Steam (Steam)
@RineyCat on Twitter

-- Updated as of December 2021 --

Aug 7 2011, 4:55 pm Lingie Post #371

I have done that what needed to be done to prove that Azreal was in fact not the Boonie.

Azreal and Aristo were both jailed. Aristo, being claimed to be mafia would have been one of the hits. The other, was used on Roy to see if he dodged or not.

If Azreal is the other mafia like I had presumed since the beginning, he couldn't use his hit because he was jailed.

That means the boonie was the last one to drop a hit, and it was on the protected Aristo.

That means that Azreal is NOT the boondock saint, and is in fact under Angel's family. Hence why Angel took out Jack. Who would know the identity of the Detective other then the one who knew all of the roles?

PREPARE TO DIE, MAFIA.

I vote Azreal.Wrath for great motherfucking justice.

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on Aug 7 2011, 5:16 pm by Lingie.

Lingie#3148 on Discord. Lingie, the Fox-Tailed on Steam.

Aug 7 2011, 4:59 pm xAngelSpiritx Post #372

eternal lurker

I'll abstain for now.

None.

Aug 7 2011, 5:02 pm Lingie Post #373

Obligatory double post.

[11:56 am] Azrael.Wrath -- Well then that's why my hit failed retard.
[11:56 am] [Riney]:] -- But the boonie attacked someone who was jailed
[11:56 am] Azrael.Wrath -- Yeah he was bro.
[11:56 am] [Riney]:] -- You and Aristo were
[11:56 am] [Riney]:] -- Tikels wasnt in jail bro
[11:55 am] Azrael.Wrath -- He didn't die, he was in police protection.
[11:55 am] Azrael.Wrath -- I hit TiKels.
[11:55 am] Azrael.Wrath -- I am Boondock.
[11:55 am] Azrael.Wrath -- I didn't.

So help me god, I was the one who jailed this mafia scum. So aggressive, so blatently a mafia.

Azreal didn't even look at the post, and thought that he controlled the police. For the love of god, put your votes where they need to be.

Also, pardoner, I know who you are. Don't even think about supporting him.

Aug 7 2011, 5:04 pm Riney Post #374

Thigh high affectionado

Oh and he hit Tikels. The Boondock hit someone who was jailed, which would be Aristo.

The evidence is shown before you town. It is up to you to survive this.

Riney#6948 on Discord.
Riney on Steam (Steam)
@RineyCat on Twitter

-- Updated as of December 2021 --

Aug 7 2011, 5:05 pm Azrael Post #375

Dear townspeople, I come to you this morning with bad news. We did lose our own during the night, and that sacrifice was not made in vain. As promised, I attempted to hunt down TiKels last night, and my hands would be covered in his Mafia blood, except we were betrayed by our very own! It appears a Policeman protected him, going against the public decree. This is a sad day indeed.

That is not the only news I have for you, however. I have sat and listened to many of you in the time I can spare, providing you with advice and calming your fears. However, this is not merely for your own benefit, but for the benefit of the Town itself. You see, I am listening harder than you think, and through my observations I now present to you with the name of another Mafia!

It is time to continue with our triumph. I ask of you to vote for one of the following Mafia members to be executed!

MAFIA

TiKels
Aristocrat

These represent many of the Mafia that stand between us and safety! Let us bring swift death upon them!

Also, the following Townie has been using his powers to help the Mafia, and assisted TiKels in survivng last night. He has also been leaking information about who is being protected to suspected Mafia.

The betrayer's name is Lingie.

This kind of purposeful sabotaging of the Town and undermining of our efforts cannot be tolerated.

I declare that today's vote will result in a triple lynching.

For my part, I vote for TiKels, Aristocrat, and Lingie to be executed.

Aug 7 2011, 5:05 pm Raitaki Post #376

I'll abstain until someone unearths some trustworthy clues :3
MATHERFACKIN WAT.

None.

Aug 7 2011, 5:10 pm Lingie Post #377

Oh Azreal, dear. You can't have hit someone who was IN JAIL if they weren't. Tikels WASN'T JAILED. I know some of the players of this mafia aren't the brighest in the bunch, but for christ's sake, do you think they're dumb enough NOT TO READ what was just posted by Inferno? (Actually, don't answer that, we know a lot of people don't read.)

Call me a traitor, but I'll be the one who knew it from the start. You'll get yours, along with Angel.

Also, I jailed Tikels? I jailed YOU to prevent you from using your mafia hit for the night. Now the secret lies with Jack, who so willingly gave you his role. Angel would be the one to kill him, so that you could run unsuspected..

BUT THAT IS WHERE YOU WERE WRONG. See, if you'd have done it, (which would have failed if you did) it wouldn't have revealed to us who actually pay attention that you are the surviving member of Mafia Family 2. Taking out Cardinal was a nice move, but it was a life line you should not have extinguished so easily.

Mafia family 2 may have the ultimate protection right now, but I know that the town'll know how to deal with it.

Aug 7 2011, 5:16 pm Azrael Post #378

Lingie, you have single-handedly set the Town back an entire night. You released our private role information to suspected Mafia. Now you're trying to kill the mayor who has only targeted Mafia so far, and there is no reelection.

In future Mafia games I hope that we are on different teams, because you are obnoxiously bad.

Aug 7 2011, 5:19 pm Lingie Post #379

No. Me and my group of people put the town ahead this night. People need to know who stands where, and if by giving my role out is how its done, its how its done. Lets see you claim who jailed who, mafia.

You are correct. You've only targetted mafia so far.. But you didn't say if you were or were not mafia.

I appreciate the compliments though. I enjoy how you start getting extremly violent when you're under assumption. ^_^;

Aug 7 2011, 5:26 pm TiKels Post #380

-NudeRaider

Options
Pages: < 1 « 17 18 19 20 2139 >
  Back to forum