Staredit Network > Forums > Null > Topic: Mafia: Cosa Infernostra
Mafia: Cosa Infernostra
This topic is locked. You can no longer write replies here.
Jul 29 2011, 4:54 am
By: lil-Inferno
Pages: < 1 « 16 17 18 19 2039 >

Aug 7 2011, 2:33 am DevliN Post #341

OVERWATCH STATUS GO

I was always under the impression that Townies with special Roles were still Townies as well, which is why they get the message saying "you are a Townsperson, but you may also have a special role" or whatever. Though looking back at my PM from inferno, it does say "If you do not receive another role PM within the hour then your role is Townsperson."

/sigh

\:devlin\: Currently Working On: \:devlin\:
My Overwatch addiction.

Aug 7 2011, 2:49 am Tempz Post #342

@Roy
Well I took your 20ish percent (which was pretty accurate imo) and realized that most players here are somewhat experienced in mafia... assuming this the stronger players usually dodge and the mafia would most likely target said players. Because only about strong 1/2 players dodge the first night (although it could be as high as 2/3 or low as 1/3 but I'd assume the odd from what i know about certain player's psychology) than this meant that these strong players death rate was split in half (70 percent of the time at least one strong players on the first night has a hit on them and dies) (raising it about 6-7%). Than i realized that the mafia would want to target power roles regardless of player strength, perhaps they think the power roles aren't active for whatever reason or simply hit each other. Assuming mafia killing each other doesn't count as a true townie death than it was raised somewhat again (1-2%) Only becuase most players on this list most likely don't do random hits on the first night.

All this made me realize that it was slightly below your estimate.

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on Aug 7 2011, 2:56 am by Tempz.

None.

Aug 7 2011, 2:59 am DevliN Post #343

OVERWATCH STATUS GO

Quote from Tempz
@Roy
Well I took your 20ish percent (which was pretty accurate imo) and realized that most players here are somewhat experienced in mafia... assuming this the stronger players usually dodge and the mafia would most likely target said players. Because only about strong 1/2 players dodge the first night (although it could be as high as 2/3 or low as 1/3 but I'd assume the odd from what i know about certain player's psychology) than this was lowered to about half. Than i realized that the mafia would want to target power roles regardless of player strength or hit each other. And average players usually don't dodge the first night raising it somewhat but becuase this is only about 1/4 mafia than it only raises it somewhat. Than coppers lower it.

All this made me realize that it was slightly below your estimate.
The issue, though, (and I think this is what Roy was trying to get at) is that a lot of what you're saying isn't really based on anything; its all a bunch of guessing. Who are the "strong players" and how do you know half of them use Dodge on the first night? If all the strong players Dodge, why would the mafia then waste hits on them if it is common knowledge that they Dodge? How would the Mafia players know all the power roles (unless, in this case, Az is Mafia)? How do you know "average players" don't use Dodge on the first night?

My Overwatch addiction.

Aug 7 2011, 3:01 am TiKels Post #344

There are 12 people listed as a special role (not counting 2 bodyguards and mayor)... so that means someone is both a bodyguard and a special role? Or do cultists not count as townies?

"If a topic that clearly interest noone needs to be closed to underline the "we don't want this here" message, is up to debate."

-NudeRaider

Aug 7 2011, 3:15 am DevliN Post #345

OVERWATCH STATUS GO

There are 13 Townies with special roles (excluding the Mayor and Cult Leader). Someone is both a Mayor and a special role.

The Cult Leader threw me off when I originally counted it, but try looking at it this way:
13 of 13 TOWNSPERSON alive.

1 of 1 BROADCAST alive.
1 of 1 BOONDOCK SAINT alive.
1 of 1 DETECTIVE alive.
1 of 1 DOCTOR alive.
1 of 1 ELDER alive.
2 of 2 BODYGUARD alive.
1 of 1 PARDONER alive.
2 of 2 POLICEMAN alive.
1 of 1 PSYCHO alive.
1 of 1 THEORETICAL PHYSICIST alive.
1 of 1 ZOMBIE alive?

Then we have 1 elected person who has another role as well:
1 of 1 MAYOR alive.

And the following are part of the third party:
1 of 1 CULT LEADER alive.
? of ? CULT MEMBERS alive.

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on Aug 7 2011, 3:23 am by DevliN.

My Overwatch addiction.

Aug 7 2011, 3:22 am poison_us Post #346

Back* from the grave

Cultists count as their original roles, but belong to a third party. Imagine if you were a civilian, and were given a gun and told to uphold the law. Since you never went through any sort of training, you'd still be considered a civilian, not a police officer.

Though that makes me think: does the cult leader count as a civilian, since it's a "purely political alliance", insofar as the civilian's ability to dodge?

EDIT: So the Cult Leader, who theoretically (at least keeping in accord with the above paragraphs) should be able to dodge like any townie. But since he isn't listed among the villagers, then he cannot dodge.

EDIT2: Feel free to correct my first paragraph if you know more about that process than I do. I'm not too knowledgeable when it comes to emergency powers, and I'd imagine there are some situations in which I would be wrong.

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on Aug 7 2011, 3:28 am by poison_us.

Aug 7 2011, 3:28 am Azrael Post #347

My assumption is the Cult Leader cannot dodge since he is not part of the Town.

Aug 7 2011, 3:28 am TiKels Post #348

Devlin you left bodyguards in your list? That is 2 less isn't it? Because someone can be a bodyguard and a special role?

"If a topic that clearly interest noone needs to be closed to underline the "we don't want this here" message, is up to debate."

-NudeRaider

Aug 7 2011, 3:29 am DevliN Post #349

OVERWATCH STATUS GO

Quote from TiKels
Devlin you left bodyguards in your list? That is 2 less isn't it? Because someone can be a bodyguard and a special role?
Bodyguards are the special roles.

My Overwatch addiction.

Aug 7 2011, 3:30 am Azrael Post #350

TiKels is starting to realize that trying to claim a normal Townie when I put him up for execution was a bad idea :awesome:

Aug 7 2011, 3:32 am DevliN Post #351

OVERWATCH STATUS GO

Technically speaking, the only person who may be nothing but a Townsperson is the Zombie (as they don't know if they are the Zombie until death). But given how lil seemed to give everyone a special role with no normal Townies, I imagine he told the Zombie player that he is actually a Zombie.

My Overwatch addiction.

Aug 7 2011, 3:38 am TiKels Post #352

I never said what role I was. I thought everyone had a special role in this one?

-NudeRaider

Aug 7 2011, 3:45 am Raitaki Post #353

Quote from DevliN
Technically speaking, the only person who may be nothing but a Townsperson is the Zombie (as they don't know if they are the Zombie until death). But given how lil seemed to give everyone a special role with no normal Townies, I imagine he told the Zombie player that he is actually a Zombie.
I asked him. He said Zombie knows who he is at the beginning of the game :kame: inb4poisonsaysiknowthatcuzimzombie

None.

Aug 7 2011, 3:47 am Roy Post #354

An artist's depiction of an Extended Unit Death

Actually, the Bodyguard description says that the roles are randomly given after the mayor has been elected. This makes it sound like a Detective can also be assigned the Bodyguard role once the mayor is elected, unless of course Inferno meant the role could only be assigned to the remaining regular townies.

Aug 7 2011, 3:53 am Raitaki Post #355

Quote from Roy
Actually, the Bodyguard description says that the roles are randomly given after the mayor has been elected. This makes it sound like a Detective can also be assigned the Bodyguard role once the mayor is elected, unless of course Inferno meant the role could only be assigned to the remaining regular townies.
It seems so....The part about the Townsperson role sounds like regular townies have no other powers than dodge, the power of persuasion, the power of intellect, and the power of the vote :P

None.

Aug 7 2011, 4:02 am DevliN Post #356

OVERWATCH STATUS GO

Ah I was under the impression that Bodyguards were always just Bodyguards. Isn't that how its been in previous games?

My Overwatch addiction.

Aug 7 2011, 4:05 am Dem0n Post #357

ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ

Well 6 hours late isn't too bad. I'm sure I was tardy on most of my day/night posts as well. :P

Aug 7 2011, 4:06 am DevliN Post #358

OVERWATCH STATUS GO

Quote from name:Dem0nS1ayer
Well 6 hours late isn't too bad. I'm sure I was tardy on most of my day/night posts as well. :P
Quote from Roy
Quote from name:Azrael.Wrath
And he didn't say he would be on at 6 PM, he just said night actions after that wouldn't be valid.
That's a ridiculously important albeit obvious thing to consider, and it pains me when I see people complaining because they expect a night post to be already written a minute after players are allowed to choose what happens in the night post.

My Overwatch addiction.

Aug 7 2011, 4:24 am TiKels Post #359

The bodyguard role can't be split on remaining townies. What if all townies died night 1 and then mayor was lynched and re-elected. Then who becomes guard?

-NudeRaider

Aug 7 2011, 4:26 am Raitaki Post #360

Quote from TiKels
The bodyguard role can't be split on remaining townies. What if all townies died night 1 and then mayor was lynched and re-elected. Then who becomes guard?
Random pair of townies?

None.

Options
Pages: < 1 « 16 17 18 19 2039 >
  Back to forum