The Killer's Game
Jul 31 2010, 4:51 am
By: Azrael
Pages: < 1 2 3 487 >

Jul 31 2010, 8:43 pm arkla Post #21

note to self: on every search action have "if i find a bomb" actions set up

None.

Jul 31 2010, 8:50 pm The Starport Post #22

Could I theoretically write a full script of conditions and actions that could play the entire game for me? :awesome:

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on Aug 1 2010, 12:43 am by Tuxedo-Templar.

None.

Jul 31 2010, 9:32 pm Roy Post #23

An artist's depiction of an Extended Unit Death

Okay, sign me up. I have plenty of space in my inbox.

Jul 31 2010, 10:01 pm Generalpie Post #24

Staredit Puckwork

Sine meh upz0rz

None.

Jul 31 2010, 10:10 pm poison_us Post #25

Back* from the grave

In.

Jul 31 2010, 11:00 pm payne Post #26

:payne:

If I am away from the 3rd to the 10th, is there any way I can play? :|

None.

Jul 31 2010, 11:20 pm Azrael Post #27

Quote from payne
If I am away from the 3rd to the 10th, is there any way I can play? :|
Sure, although the chances of your character being alive after idling for seven turns may not be in your favor.

Aug 1 2010, 12:29 am NudeRaider Post #28

We can't explain the universe, just describe it; and we don't know whether our theories are true, we just know they're not wrong. >Harald Lesch

Quote from name:Azrael.Wrath
Quote from NudeRaider
Interesting elaboration on my first statement, but you seem to have missed the second sentence, my actual question.
I believe I've answered it rather thoroughly, actually. If you want your character to run fleeing from a bomb on the same turn should he encounter one, then state "If something in the room seems to be endangering my life, then sprint 2 rooms back in the direction I came from." Otherwise, you can do it on the next turn, assuming you're still alive.
... are you doing this on purpose? I said something I DID NOT expect and thus did not cover with my "if ... then" actions. I am talking about the 3 actions (+ 1 move) in ONE turn, NOT about the next turn because you made it clear that after each turn you get info and your action pool refilled. No need to restate that all the time.

So please answer this simple question: Is there a way to use actions IN THE SAME TURN that couldn't be used up due to unexpected events or not? (And if yes, then how?)

Aug 1 2010, 3:12 am rayNimagi Post #29

Put me in.

Win by luck, lose by skill.

Aug 1 2010, 3:27 am payne Post #30

I'm in then! :awesome:

None.

Aug 1 2010, 6:06 am DavidJCobb Post #31

Can I use pseudocode? :awesome:
Code
search the current room for any containers exceeding five inches in any dimension;
for each container in current_room {
  var found_items;
  var collected_items;
  if (found_items.weapons > 0) {
     collected_items += collect_items(found_items.weapons);
     if (found_items.weapons includes "BR55HB SR Battle Rifle")
        alert("HOLY DICKS, THIS IS AWESOME. HEADSHOTS, HERE I COME!");
  }
  if (found_items.useful > 0)
     collected_items += collect_items(found_items.useful);
  if (found_items.armed_bombs > 0) {
     alert("OH, FUCK. I KNEW I SHOULD'VE BEEN MORE CONCERNED WHEN NUDERAIDER ASKED ABOUT SITUATIONS LIKE THIS.");
     sprint( backwards two rooms );
     return;
  }
  if (collected_items.length == 0 && container is the heaviest container in current_room)
     collect_items ( container );
}
if (collected_items.weapons > 0 || collected_items.heavy_containers > 0) {
  var blargh = collected_items.weapons.heaviest || collected_items.heavy_containers.heaviest;
  find_player( "LoTu)S" );
  alert("I've warned you time and time again... Find your own prey!");
  perform_action_with_object_on_object ( "bludgeon" , blargh , ("LoTu)S").skull );
}

Actually, that was very unwieldy to type out... I'll probably just use prose, but I want to make sure I have the basic logic of an action/turn/whatever PM right.

None.

Aug 1 2010, 6:15 am EzTerix Post #32

lol mines will probably be about three sentences.

None.

Aug 1 2010, 6:17 am Wing Zero Post #33

Magic box god; Suck it Corbo

Quote from DavidJCobb
Can I use pseudocode? :awesome:
Code
  find_player( "LoTu)S" );
  alert("I've warned you time and time again... Find your own prey!");
  perform_action_with_object_on_object ( "bludgeon" , blargh , ("LoTu)S").skull );
lol

Aug 1 2010, 6:11 pm Azrael Post #34

I'll start it up Monday night (EST) or 24 hours after the most recent sign-up, whichever comes last.

Aug 2 2010, 12:16 am payne Post #35

My character is a necrophile... you better not die near me if you have an ass! :shifty:

None.

Aug 2 2010, 12:27 am Tempz Post #36

I wish to join this game.

None.

Aug 2 2010, 12:31 am Azrael Post #37

This would be a good time to mention that sexually inappropriate actions are the only kind of action that's not allowed. Attempting to perform such actions will result in something intervening to stop you, and probably killing you. In addition, you may be banned from future games.

This was a rule I used since the first time I hosted this, especially since the first time there were quite a few female players. It works out pretty well. It should have gone without saying, but I will mention it now just so no one bitches later when they try to rape another player's skull and end up stroking out instead.

This is a game of murder, mystery, and most likely, brutal violence. If you want sexual explicitness, the other 99% of the internet caters specifically to you.

Aug 2 2010, 4:39 am payne Post #38

Ok then... :(
Me becomes a Masochist and eat my own fingers when I cannot eat other's head once I've killed them! >:O

:shifty:

Fear me!

None.

Aug 2 2010, 4:55 am The Starport Post #39

Quote from name:Azrael.Wrath
It should have gone without saying, but I will mention it now just so no one bitches later when they try to rape another player's skull and end up stroking out instead.
I would do that just to see that happen. :awesome:
jk

Edit: You know what, why not. I'll go ahead and give this a shot. I'm in.

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on Aug 2 2010, 7:02 am by Tuxedo-Templar.

None.

Aug 2 2010, 11:24 am Tempz Post #40

Payne... you a very strange person but hey who hasn't wanted to (comment removed becuase it was inappropriate) but Payne you (emotional heart wrenching speech censored by FCC) Cost of speech under 2 minutes, cost of unnecessary censorship priceless...

Any who payne that was inappropriate

Post has been edited 2 time(s), last time on Aug 3 2010, 6:02 am by Tempz.

None.

Options
Pages: < 1 2 3 487 >
  Back to forum