Staredit Network > Forums > Null > Topic: The Killer's Game
The Killer's Game
Jul 31 2010, 4:51 am
By: Azrael
Pages: < 1 2 3 4 587 >

Aug 2 2010, 1:39 pm Roy Post #41

An artist's depiction of an Extended Unit Death

Quote from Tempz
Payne... you a very strange person but hey who hasn't wanted to (comment removed becuase it was inapproiate) but Payne you (emotional heart wrenching speech censored by FFC) Cost of speech under 2 minutes, cost of unnecessary censorship priceless...

Any who payne that was inappropriate
That post makes my brain hurt... At the very least, I can deduce that you meant FCC.

Aug 2 2010, 7:26 pm payne Post #42

:payne:

Quote from Tempz
Payne... you a very strange person but hey who hasn't wanted to (comment removed becuase it was inapproiate) but Payne you (emotional heart wrenching speech censored by FFC) Cost of speech under 2 minutes, cost of unnecessary censorship priceless...

Any who payne that was inappropriate
<Insert Tempz avatar's Title here>

None.

Aug 2 2010, 11:10 pm DavidJCobb Post #43

Tempz... Drugs're bad, mm'kay.

None.

Aug 3 2010, 4:40 am Wing Zero Post #44

Magic box god; Suck it Corbo

We can use our actions when we get to the next room instead right?

Aug 3 2010, 4:50 am Generalpie Post #45

Staredit Puckwork

Trigger
Players
  • Player 7
  • Conditions
  • IF being attacked by another player
  • Actions
  • Charge mah lazorz
  • Activate protoss shielding
  • summon pedobear to distract attacker
  • continue chargin ma lazor
  • use payne as a human shield
  • continue chargin mah lazorz
  • Fire mah lazorz upon incoming attacker

• None.

Aug 3 2010, 5:00 am The Starport Post #46

Are we under some role playing constraints against using the thread to communicate globally amongst each other?

None.

Aug 3 2010, 5:00 am payne Post #47

:payne:

Quote from Generalpie
    Trigger
    Players
  • Player 7
  • Conditions
  • Actions
  • Charge mah lazorz
  • Do I survive? :awesome:

EDIT: The actions I just posted are... epic! :shifty:

None.

Aug 3 2010, 5:04 am Generalpie Post #48

Staredit Puckwork

Trigger
    Players
  • Player 7
  • Conditions
  • Actions
  • Charge mah lazorz
  • Use mah leftover lazor on payne's face to induce and make his :hurr: face permanent

• None.

Aug 3 2010, 5:18 am The Starport Post #49

Quote from payne
    EDIT: The actions I just posted are... epic! :shifty:
    Uh oh.

None.

Aug 3 2010, 6:01 am Tempz Post #50

I don't do drugs (often) mmk I'm just sleep deprived all the time... *takes out knife and re-enacts a joker scene from the Dark Knight*

Edit : @Tuxedo Templar : I'm pretty sure you pm him for sneaky options while other options you can post globally

None.

Aug 3 2010, 6:58 am EzTerix Post #51

Actions:

Follow Payne
    Follow Payne
    Follow Payne

rotfl no

BUT WHO WAS MURDERER??? :hurr:

None.

Aug 3 2010, 7:36 am The Starport Post #52

Quote from Tempz
    Edit : @Tuxedo Templar : I'm pretty sure you pm him for sneaky options while other options you can post globally
    Alright then. Either Roy is the killer or at the very least had probably seen something. Personally I would say detain him for now and let no one leave the room yet, since we're all here and, just like in The Thing, safest while together as a group where each individual can be accounted for. At least, in theory. I guess if anyone else dies while he's detained, we'll at least (likely) know Roy isn't the killer, and could probably trust him.

Alternatively, I could just stab Roy in the balls and run off giggling and die somewhere. That's an option too, right? :bleh:

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on Aug 3 2010, 7:44 am by Tuxedo-Templar.

None.

Aug 3 2010, 8:05 am Azrael Post #53

You can communicate globally in the thread, yes ^^

Quote from Wing Zero
    We can use our actions when we get to the next room instead right?
    Yes.

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on Aug 3 2010, 8:12 am by Azrael.Wrath.

Aug 3 2010, 8:24 am The Starport Post #54

Bah, I should have asked this first: What flexibility do I have with my actions/movement per turn? That is, could I change or revise something once I submit it?

I'm thinking now we really should discuss decisions as best we can before making them, obviously. :P

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on Aug 3 2010, 8:39 am by Tuxedo-Templar.

None.

Aug 3 2010, 9:35 am Azrael Post #55

Yes, you are always free to resubmit your turn to revise it. It isn't finalized until the next turn starts.

Edit: Generalpie will now be referred to as Zilean in-game, due the fact he changed his name and it's less confusing that way.

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on Aug 3 2010, 1:34 pm by Azrael.Wrath.

Aug 3 2010, 6:50 pm Aristocrat Post #56

Quote from NudeRaider
    ... are you doing this on purpose? I said something I DID NOT expect and thus did not cover with my "if ... then" actions. I am talking about the 3 actions (+ 1 move) in ONE turn, NOT about the next turn because you made it clear that after each turn you get info and your action pool refilled. No need to restate that all the time.

So please answer this simple question: Is there a way to use actions IN THE SAME TURN that couldn't be used up due to unexpected events or not? (And if yes, then how?)

Unexpected events will most likely not kill you in the same turn, otherwise it makes for a very uninteresting game.

I personally would just go with the following structure to cover unexpected things:

Code
    If...
    Then...
    Else...

or

Code
    Switch(event)
    case a:
    case b:
    case c:
    case d:
    default:

or something along those lines.

In pseudocode form:

Code
    If (weapons.knife is in find())
    Take(weapons.knife);
    ElseIf (weapons.gun is in find())
    Take(weapons.gun);
    ElseIf (hazards.* is not in find())
    Take(find());
    Else
    flee();
    End If

inb4 someone rages about the "pseudocode" being Visual Basic syntax

EDIT> Never mind, I now understand your question. Specify things vaguely to get around this:

-I search the drawers.
    -If I find something that may be useful to me at any time, take it.
    -If I find something that is unexpected or dangerous, take the course of action that a sensible person might make in this scenario.

The main point of the game is to make actions to influence the current state of the game while you only have limited information, kind of like this game.

None.

Aug 3 2010, 7:09 pm EzTerix Post #57

Had no idea why you guys are making it so complicated xD. I assumed from 3 actions I would make about 3 sentences.

did anyone post a page long of if's? xD

None.

Aug 3 2010, 7:16 pm The Starport Post #58

Yeah, I've decided I'm going to intentionally constrain the conditional complexity of my actions for that reason. I could literally end up doing something like that if I let myself. :P

None.

Aug 3 2010, 11:39 pm DavidJCobb Post #59

Roy is likely only a witness or a discoverer of the body. Still, we should detain him. Furthermore, I would recommend that we all split into groups of four. That way, if a group does not contain the murderer, then it consists of:
    • An innocent investigator.
    • A "runner", who can deliver messages between groups in cases where remote communications are not possible.

If a group does contain the murderer, then it will consist of:
    • The murderer.
    • A "runner".
    The two innocents and possibly the runner can overpower the murderer in the event that the murderer attempts to kill anyone.

Unfortunately, we only have fifteen people, including Roy. So we will have to have a group of three; this group of three can wait in the room where the murder took place. This way, they effectively act as a central hub of communication; if Group A needs to talk to Group B but cannot find Group B, then they can deliver their message to the three-man group, who can pass it onto Group B should Group B arrive to collect it. The three-man group's lack of movement will eliminate their need for a "runner" of their own, meaning that their smaller size is not an issue.

Summary of my recommendations:
    • Three groups consisting of four people, one of who is a "runner" for when remote communications aren't possible. These groups travel around and look for clues and such.
    • One group that remains at the murder scene and consists of three people, to act as a stationary hub of communications.
    • In both cases, innocents outnumber murderers in any particular group.

None.

Aug 4 2010, 12:24 am Aristocrat Post #60

Quote from DavidJCobb
    Roy is likely only a witness or a discoverer of the body. Still, we should detain him. Furthermore, I would recommend that we all split into groups of four. That way, if a group does not contain the murderer, then it consists of:
    • A "runner", who can deliver messages between groups in cases where remote communications are not possible.

If a group does contain the murderer, then it will consist of:
    • The murderer.
    • A "runner".
    The two innocents and possibly the runner can overpower the murderer in the event that the murderer attempts to kill anyone.

Unfortunately, we only have fifteen people, including Roy. So we will have to have a group of three; this group of three can wait in the room where the murder took place. This way, they effectively act as a central hub of communication; if Group A needs to talk to Group B but cannot find Group B, then they can deliver their message to the three-man group, who can pass it onto Group B should Group B arrive to collect it. The three-man group's lack of movement will eliminate their need for a "runner" of their own, meaning that their smaller size is not an issue.

Summary of my recommendations:
    • Three groups consisting of four people, one of who is a "runner" for when remote communications aren't possible. These groups travel around and look for clues and such.
    • One group that remains at the murder scene and consists of three people, to act as a stationary hub of communications.
    • In both cases, innocents outnumber murderers in any particular group.

Or ignore Cobb's instructions because a set winning strategy makes the game not fun (not to mention that the strategy itself sounds very bland and boring) :awesome:.

None.

Options
    Pages: < 1 2 3 4 587 >
      Back to forum