Staredit Network > Forums > Null > Topic: If you could change history...
If you could change history...
Nov 16 2009, 3:09 am
By: Centreri
Pages: < 1 2 3 >

Nov 16 2009, 9:34 am MasterJohnny Post #21

No Abrahamic religions so Galileo and many others would live longer. (end creationism? and save tons of innocent lives)

Quote from name:zany_001
In Dune, the people on the planet Dune have there suits that recycle all water that comes out of your body for drinking water. Problem is, IIRC, urine is sterile. Putting it back into recycled water would just make the nutrients more diluted, plus it would taste yuck after a bit. Only way to recycle urine that I can think of is to add extra nutrients to it to make it more like water.

ahh yes the freman; I think the International space station has something that recycles urine.

I am a Mathematician

Nov 16 2009, 9:51 am Jack Post #22

>be faceless void >mfw I have no face

Quote from MasterJohnny
No Abrahamic religions so Galileo and many others would live longer. (end creationism? and save tons of innocent lives)

In Dune, the people on the planet Dune have there suits that recycle all water that comes out of your body for drinking water. Problem is, IIRC, urine is sterile. Putting it back into recycled water would just make the nutrients more diluted, plus it would taste yuck after a bit. Only way to recycle urine that I can think of is to add extra nutrients to it to make it more like water.

ahh yes the freman; I think the International space station has something that recycles urine.
ORLY? My info was wrong then.

Galileo was killed by roman catholics, so not having the RC church would be another thing to change.

Red classic.

"In short, their absurdities are so extreme that it is painful even to quote them."

Nov 16 2009, 2:44 pm Neki Post #23

Galileo wasn't "killed" by the Roman Catholic Church, he was only subjected to torture for his heretic ideals and he eventually agreed that he was "wrong." He died under house arrest from disease, not the Church. But hey, the Roman Catholic Church did agree that he was right later on, in what, 1992? :P

I'd go back and tell everyone the Earth was round and we revolved around the sun and that we were really insignificant in this huge universe!

None.

Nov 16 2009, 7:17 pm grAffe Post #24

Smallpox lead directly to the development of the vaccine, which has saved uncountable lives.
Vaccine for smallpox, or vaccine in general?

None.

Nov 16 2009, 8:37 pm O)FaRTy1billion[MM] Post #25

👻 👾 👽 💪

Quote from name:Ultimo
I'd go back and tell everyone the Earth was round and we revolved around the sun and that we were really insignificant in this huge universe!
And suffer the same fate that others who tried to do the same did? xD I'm sure any civilization that actually cared about the stars and studied them knew about this.

TinyMap2 - Latest in map compression! ( 7/09/14 - New build! )
EUD Action Enabler - Lightweight EUD/EPD support! (ChaosLauncher/MPQDraft support!)
EUDDB - topic - Help out by adding your EUDs! Or Submit reference files in the References tab!
MapSketch - New image->map generator!
EUDTrig - topic - Quickly and easily convert offsets to EUDs! (extended players supported)
SC2 Map Texture Mask Importer/Exporter - Edit texture placement in an image editor!
\:farty\: This page has been viewed [img]http://farty1billion.dyndns.org/Clicky.php?img.gif[/img] times!

Nov 16 2009, 8:51 pm Neki Post #26

Quote from O)FaRTy1billion[MM]
And suffer the same fate that others who tried to do the same did? xD I'm sure any civilization that actually cared about the stars and studied them knew about this.
But I would have technology and knowledge on my side, I would introduce McDonalds and they would all become fat and lazy and wouldn't care about my blasphemous ideas, and then they would start debating over obesity!

None.

Nov 16 2009, 8:55 pm Norm Post #27

Quote from WoAHorde
Surprised this hasn't been said.

No Christianity (and by extension, no Islam).

Why not?

I said this indirectly, see post above yours....

None.

Nov 16 2009, 8:59 pm Zycorax Post #28

Grand Moderator of the Games Forum

I'd prevent the Big Bang.
... That would make me a god or something, right?

Nov 16 2009, 9:06 pm lil-Inferno Post #29

Just here for the pie

I'd completely wipe out history so that I have one less class to take.

Nov 16 2009, 9:37 pm FlashBeer Post #30

The problem isn't that urine is sterile, the problem is that urine has has waste byproducts in it such as urea and bilirubin. I'm not sure to which nutrients you are referring to when you say "Putting it back into recycled water would just make the nutrients more diluted", but water itself is a nutrient. If you are referring to other nutrients in water, there usually aren't a significant amount of it to live on by itself- you would need food anyway. You mainly just need to remove the bile from water, and it would be safe to drink again.

On a side note, I hate Bear Grylls for telling people that drinking urine is necessary for survival in the desert if you have no other source of water. You never drink your own urine. He also said to drink water from camel crap to survive... great, just what I need, dysentery when I'm trying to survive in the wild.

None.

Nov 16 2009, 9:46 pm Vi3t-X Post #31

Better 2012 predictions.

None.

Nov 16 2009, 10:35 pm Morphling Post #32

....that we were really insignificant in this huge universe!
How are we insignificant? We may be the only intelligent life to exist. If that isn't significant I don't know what is.

None.

Nov 17 2009, 12:27 am rayNimagi Post #33

Quote from Morphling

How are we insignificant? We may be the only intelligent life to exist. If that isn't significant I don't know what is.

a) Dolphins, primates, and other mammals can reason somewhat, hence they can be considered intelligent. b) Life has no other purpose than to create more living organisms. c)There's little significance about a self-replicating machine. If you want to debate this please open a new topic.

As for changing history, not letting Bush get elected sounds like a good idea.

Win by luck, lose by skill.

Nov 17 2009, 1:41 am KrayZee Post #34

And also stop those silly Americans that tested their nukes on Japan.
Actually the nukes were intended for the Nazis, but development was not finished when the Germans surrendered. Japan's government at the time actually stubbornly refused to accept a defeat. One nuke wasn't even enough for them, until the second came, they were scared for the third (Which the Americans didn't have). Also, the Japanese made their Army to charge at their enemies if all hope is lost, and actually asked pilots to be Kamikazes. Don't forget the Rape of Nanking. You can't blame everything on the Americans. Some argue that without nuking them, a land invasion would be much worse.

Although off topic, it's just a simple reply to a post zany editing history in the 1940s. ^^

None.

Nov 17 2009, 1:43 am The Starport Post #35

I'd take a leak into the primordial soup of life and see what happens.

None.

Nov 17 2009, 1:45 am KrayZee Post #36

Quote from name:Tuxedo-Templar
I'd take a leak into the primordial soup of life and see what happens.
:lol:

None.

Nov 17 2009, 5:03 am MasterJohnny Post #37

Quote from Morphling

Because the universe is so huge that with our current technology it does not look like we are really doing anything. (perhaps in the future we will have like spaceships and blow stuff up :bleh: )

I am a Mathematician

Nov 17 2009, 6:14 pm Voyager7456 Post #38

Responsible for my own happiness? I can't even be responsible for my own breakfast

I'd go back in time and make sure I save before turning off the game after breeding that near-flawless Trapinch.

It still hurts a little today :-(

all i am is a contrary canary
but i'm crazy for you
i watched you cradling a tissue box
sneezing and sniffling, you were still a fox

Modding Resources: The Necromodicon [WIP] | Mod Night
My Projects: SCFC | ARAI | Excision [WIP] | SCFC2 [BETA] | Robots vs. Humans | Leviathan Wakes [BETA]

Nov 17 2009, 10:33 pm l)ark_ssj9kevin Post #39

Just here for the activity... well not really

Tell Microsoft to scrap Vista and just release 7.

guy lifting weight (animated smiley):

O-IC
OI-C

"Oh, I see it"

Nov 18 2009, 2:41 pm Lingie Post #40

I'm sure someone was waiting for this one.

I'd take /b/ back in time, and watch the chaos unfold.

Lingie#3148 on Discord. Lingie, the Fox-Tailed on Steam.

Options
Pages: < 1 2 3 >
  Back to forum