By: reverb102
Pages: < 1 « 2 3 4 5 >

Jan 26 2009, 3:22 am Demented Shaman Post #61

Wow for all the steak supporting posts chicken seems to be pulling away! :hurr:

None.

Jan 26 2009, 3:27 am Vi3t-X Post #62

Quote from Syphon
Quote from TriggR_HappE
I'll never see the appeal of a bloody piece of meat that's practically still mooing. Some people find sushi disgusting, and then they go and eat a rare steak. You might as well go take a bite out of a cow.

You must HATE sashimi.
A raw piece of fish. Yum.

None.

Jan 26 2009, 3:36 am Excalibur Post #63

The sword and the faith

Quote from TriggR_HappE
You might as well go take a bite out of a cow.
Who says I wouldn't? :sly: :shifty:

SEN Global Moderator and Resident Zealot
-------------------------
The sword and the faith.

:ex:
Sector 12
My stream, live PC building and tech discussion.

Jan 26 2009, 3:37 am Demented Shaman Post #64

Quote from Excalibur
Quote from TriggR_HappE
You might as well go take a bite out of a cow.
Who says I wouldn't? :sly: :shifty:
Your sexual preference does. :hurr:

None.

Jan 26 2009, 12:49 pm Forsaken Archer Post #65

Quote from name:Barack Obama
I've always ordered my steak anywhere from medium to well done just because that's what my parents have always done. Supposedly more raw is better in terms of flavor or whatever, but I enjoy my steak anyway and I see no urgent reason to change that.
My mom is like ultra-germ freak, so god forbid a steak would be a little on the red side. Or even pinkish.
So when I started making my meat, I did the same thing...
Until a restaurant fucked up my steak and had it pretty bloody.
It's not as bad as you might think. You should try it at least once, a new york strip that is just slightly red. Not so good with mixing with pasta because of the massive juices, but :)

None.

Jan 26 2009, 12:59 pm Brontobyte Post #66

I would rather have a steak be burnt to shoe leather then have it pink at all, but I have had my fair share of different colored steak. I think the worst I had was some shitty London Broil at a party. My friends mom doesn't know how to cook. :hurr:

None.

Jan 26 2009, 1:09 pm Syphon Post #67

Quote from Vi3t-X
Quote from Syphon
Quote from TriggR_HappE
I'll never see the appeal of a bloody piece of meat that's practically still mooing. Some people find sushi disgusting, and then they go and eat a rare steak. You might as well go take a bite out of a cow.

You must HATE sashimi.
A raw piece of fish. Yum.

Whoops, I was thinking of tartare.

None.

Jan 26 2009, 1:23 pm Black Knight Post #68

Chicken, mmmmmm

None.

Jan 26 2009, 7:52 pm Demented Shaman Post #69

Quote from name:isolatedpurity
I've always ordered my steak anywhere from medium to well done just because that's what my parents have always done. Supposedly more raw is better in terms of flavor or whatever, but I enjoy my steak anyway and I see no urgent reason to change that.
My mom is like ultra-germ freak, so god forbid a steak would be a little on the red side. Or even pinkish.
It's not as bad as you might think. You should try it at least once, a new york strip that is just slightly red. Not so good with mixing with pasta because of the massive juices, but :)
I don't think its bad considering that's how all the steak aficionados like their steak.

Oh yea, I just remembered that my mom actually likes her steak rare. :-_-: I think it's my dad that likes it more well done.

:hurr:

None.

Jan 27 2009, 12:33 am TriggR_HappE Post #70

Quote from name:isolatedpurity

I've tried it. I'll actually tolerate steak, I just wont eat very much of it and I'll cut away all the fat and gross looking parts lol. My parents LOVE steak, they honestly eat it a good 3 times a week. Unfortunately for me, they also love it to still be mooing. I've had my share of steak while living with them, and having to pick my way through so many mooing pieces of meat has unlimately made me hate it. I personally think steak tastes better medium-well, it gives it that char-grilled taste that's awesome with steak sauce, even if it's dry and a little tough. To me, cooking a steak rare seems like sacrificing flavor for texture.

None.

Jan 27 2009, 1:35 am MasterJohnny Post #71

Chicken, Beef, other(pork)
im either allergic to fish or im grossed out by the taste.

I am a Mathematician

Jan 27 2009, 3:42 am O)FaRTy1billion[MM] Post #72

👻 👾 👽 💪

Ew, Rare steak is even worse than well-done steak! :X

TinyMap2 - Latest in map compression! ( 7/09/14 - New build! )
EUD Action Enabler - Lightweight EUD/EPD support! (ChaosLauncher/MPQDraft support!)
EUDDB - topic - Help out by adding your EUDs! Or Submit reference files in the References tab!
MapSketch - New image->map generator!
EUDTrig - topic - Quickly and easily convert offsets to EUDs! (extended players supported)
SC2 Map Texture Mask Importer/Exporter - Edit texture placement in an image editor!
\:farty\: This page has been viewed [img]http://farty1billion.dyndns.org/Clicky.php?img.gif[/img] times!

Jan 27 2009, 7:12 am Demented Shaman Post #73

I don't understand why people would like their steak cold in the middle and not nice and hot.

None.

Jan 27 2009, 2:04 pm rockz Post #74

ᴄʜᴇᴇsᴇ ɪᴛ!

Perfect steak for me is cooked medium, with the middle pink, but slightly cooked. That way I can soak up the blood/juices that escape after cutting it. Not to mention, the center is actually warm. I'd rather have it rare than well done though.

Also, sushi/shashimi has no taste. It's all about the texture. Sigh, I want some of this now...

"Parliamentary inquiry, Mr. Chairman - do we have to call the Gentleman a gentleman if he's not one?"

Jan 29 2009, 7:41 pm Demented Shaman Post #75

I like california rolls.

None.

Jan 29 2009, 7:44 pm Vi3t-X Post #76

California rolls suck.

None.

Jan 29 2009, 7:44 pm Demented Shaman Post #77

Quote from Vi3t-X
California rolls suck.
Wow, you suck. :hurr: :hurr: California rolls own.

None.

Jan 29 2009, 7:56 pm Vi3t-X Post #78

Its Crab, Avacado, vegetables...
They're not that great compared to fish sushi.

None.

Jan 29 2009, 7:57 pm Brontobyte Post #79

Quote from Vi3t-X
Its Crab, Avacado, vegetables...
They're not that great compared to fish sushi a nice piece of steak.

None.

Jan 29 2009, 8:06 pm FoxWolf1 Post #80

Entirely depends on how well it's prepared for me. For a cheap meal, it's got to be chicken, since chicken is decent when it's heavily processed. For any meal that's supposed to be of a higher level than typical "cheap but disgusting" food, either beef or fish. The less cooked the better. And yes, that goes for the steak as well as the fish...bring on the steak tartare and the beef carpaccio! :)

Options
Pages: < 1 « 2 3 4 5 >
  Back to forum