Staredit Network > Forums > Null > Topic: Mafia: The Trump Card
Mafia: The Trump Card
Sep 9 2012, 4:56 am
By: lil-Inferno
Pages: < 1 « 34 35 36 37 38 >

Sep 29 2012, 4:48 am Dem0n Post #701

ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ

Again, stop acting all high and mighty when Azrael was the one who led you to victory. I understand why I was killed; I'm just saying the town's stupid, and the fact that they couldn't kill a single one of you is one of the most embarrassing things I've seen in Mafia, which you possibly can't deny. :P

And I'm not going to lie. You-really-should-learn-how-to-write.

Sep 29 2012, 4:50 am Fire_Kame Post #702

wth is starcraft

....oh my god I think this thread just lapped itsel.f

Sep 29 2012, 4:51 am Aristocrat Post #703

Quote from Azrael
Quote from Aristocrat
Inferno recolored Kame's name in the OP after the Beguiler used "announce" which was for some reason allowed to recolor names, which makes no fucking sense. Nowhere in the beguiler PM does it state he can change the OP.

Mind explaining that? And labeling Roy as mafia in the OP?

It doesn't say you can do that, but it doesn't say you can't, and when asked for clarification, he stated we could use it that way.
So you can ask Inferno to change the OP as long as it doesn't say "Beguiler cannot change the OP"? That's fucking bullshit. :|

None.

Sep 29 2012, 4:51 am Azrael Post #704

Quote from name:I Iz LEET
Again, stop acting all high and mighty when Azrael was the one who led you to victory.

I could not have accomplished anything without the impressive and respectable skills of my teammates. If any one of them had not played well, especially behaviorally, the game would have been easily lost.

This was, by far, the most Town-favored game setup I've ever seen.

Quote from Aristocrat
So you can ask Inferno to change the OP as long as it doesn't say "Beguiler cannot change the OP"? That's fucking bullshit. :|

No, because changing the OP isn't the same thing as adding text to the night post.

Sep 29 2012, 4:52 am Raitaki Post #705

Yeah, and you're smarter than them because if you led town you'd have totally won, amirite

And yes, I'm all high and mighty because I know that if I had been in your situation and correctly guessed who mafia were, it would have been ALL THANKS TO MY SKY-SHATTERING LEET SKILLS, and for that reason TOWN WOULD ABSOLUTELY LISTEN TO ME IMMEDIATELY if they were NOT RETARDED, right? Right?

Also funny how you just jumped from claiming you "understand why you were killed" (hint: by doing the very dumb and anti-town move) to saying "town's stupid". It's like you're trying to emphasize your relative stupidity by pointing out theirs.

None.

Sep 29 2012, 4:55 am Fire_Kame Post #706

wth is starcraft

WOW GUYS WASN'T THIS MAFIA GAME FUN? I HAD SO MUCH FUN. WE SHOULD TALK ABOUT HOW MUCH FUN WE ALL HAD.

Sep 29 2012, 4:56 am Dem0n Post #707

ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ

I know why I was killed, but town's still stupid for killing me. Instead of trying to kill potential mafia, they killed off a townie, who could've helped steer the game in their favor. And I'm really not sure what you're getting at with all your caps lock rage. I never said the town would've listened to me; all I said was that I correctly guessed 3/4 mafia, which is something that nobody else even came close to doing.

And yes, proving my role when an idiot who ragequits halfway through the game threatens to kill me with no evidence is incredibly stupid. And feigning a skype conversation to get your Mayor lynched when he isn't even mafia is super smart. And not anticipating the Beguiler being able to change peoples' roles is an amazing deduction of skills. And thinking that lil would give the Beguiler RE abilities is another smart deduction as well. Yes, I was, by far, the dumbest person in the game. :rolleyes:

Sep 29 2012, 4:57 am Lanthanide Post #708

Quote from Fire_Kame
WOW GUYS WASN'T THIS MAFIA GAME FUN? I HAD SO MUCH FUN. WE SHOULD TALK ABOUT HOW MUCH FUN WE ALL HAD.
I had fun. Especially at the end, going nuts on you, just 'cause I could and it didn't matter any more :)

None.

Sep 29 2012, 4:57 am Raitaki Post #709

Instead of trying to kill potential mafia, they killed off a townie, who could've helped steer the game in their favor.
Once again Demon proves his endless zeal for not knowing what he's talking about. I rest my case.

None.

Sep 29 2012, 4:57 am Fire_Kame Post #710

wth is starcraft

Same to you, lanth :kame:

Sep 29 2012, 4:59 am Dem0n Post #711

ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ

Quote from Raitaki
Instead of trying to kill potential mafia, they killed off a townie, who could've helped steer the game in their favor.
Once again Demon proves his endless zeal for not knowing what he's talking about. I rest my case.
You have no case. If I had lived, you would've died because you're the dumbass who PMed me his mafia night actions. Did you forget about that act of stupidity, or are you just bent on making me look stupid just so that you can nullify my proper deductions and give yourself a more glorious victory?

Sep 29 2012, 5:00 am lil-Inferno Post #712

Just here for the pie

HOST'S THOUGHTS AND OTHER STUFF

Day 1

• Really, I'm surprised that Roy won considering that he said he hated his role. You could say he was the preferred Mafia candidate though, because three of the four Mafia voted for him.
  • I feel that minor candidates like Wing Zero (who later fell from power) had an influence on Roy's election, because if I remember correctly some of them dropped out and sponsored Roy instead.
  • The fact that Roy decided to lynch LoTu)S as opposed to someone higher-profile like Aristocrat or Azrael seemed a bit odd to me. Just a hunch on his part, I guess.
  • I would have expected DevliN to have more than five votes.

Night 1

• No successful Mafia kills, but this is still an eventful night.
  • If rayNimagi hadn't visited Raccoon, and Roy successfully constrained him, I imagine the game would have turned out very differently. Roy would have confirmed his role sooner and probably organized the town faster.

Day 2

• Not entirely sure what Aristocrat is gathering his votes for. I'm assuming it's because otherwise his extra vote wouldn't influence the decision.
  • No other elders used Gather throughout the entire game.
  • I Iz LEET was probably only lynched because of behavior outside of the game.

Night 2

• Interestingly enough, Fire_Kame protecting DevliN from Azrael actually helped Azrael later on. OlimarandLouie investigated Azrael, who visits DevliN. If DevliN were to die, Azrael surely would have been the one to blame.
  • Of all people to constrain, I'm not sure why Roy chose Observer12425. He was much more active than certain folks. He did vote DevliN and not Roy, though!
  • Lanthanide investigating BiOAtK is for the sake of claiming Detective, I'm guessing.

Day 3

• Roy finally proves himself, but I think it was too late to organize the town. Would have been better to do so at the beginning.
  • It probably would have been more worthwhile to lynch someone who's actually playing as opposed to someone who's inactive.

Night 3

• This is the first night that the Beguiler's "Broadcast" ability is used to great effect. Mafia's plans are put into motion.
  • Unfortunately for Sacrieur, he dies on the night that his ability becomes available. Oh well!
  • Roy probably constrained BiOAtK because of Lanthanide's investigation the previous night.

Day 4

• The Trump Card has been played, and Roy is brought down with it. Mafia had to risk voting for Roy, but Lanthanide being sabotaged by FaRTy allowed him to remain anonymous but still cast a whopping six votes (three trump card votes * sabotage double). The Broadcast helped to remain under the radar, though.
  • This is the part of the game where it begins turning in Mafia's favor.

Night 4

• Again, a brilliant use of the Broadcast ability. Town was given a false sense of security, and also confusion.
  • Funnily enough, rayNimagi is killed on the night that he investigates a Mafia, by the person he's investigating.

Day 5

• Aristocrat requested that he be killed, I deliver. Considering that he wasn't actively participating in votes, or anything for that matter, you could say it's justified by the OP.
  • Again, someone useless is lynched, wasting another day for the town.

Night 5

• Again, a Detective investigates their killer.
  • Wing Zero probably would have protected himself, but never got his action in.

Day 6

• Mafia had a plan to get Raccoon lynched today. Considering all of Raccoon's behavior throughout the game, it was no wonder that townies hopped on board.
  • Even if DevliN hadn't voted for Raccoon by himself, he still would have been killed because he was rigged toward Raccoon and subsequently sabotaged toward him.

Night 6

• At this point, Mafia decided to double target poison_us because if they killed just one person they would outweigh town in votes.
  • Since some people's roles had been circulating around and Mafia caught wind of poison being the Bell Ringer (and since Bell Ringer could actually bring town back to its feet) they decided to kill him.

Sep 29 2012, 5:02 am Lanthanide Post #713

so that you can nullify my proper deductions
As we've repeatedly shown, they were guesses. There's nothing special or worthy in guessing.

None.

Sep 29 2012, 5:04 am Fire_Kame Post #714

wth is starcraft

Curse you Devlin! :hurr:

Sep 29 2012, 5:04 am Dem0n Post #715

ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ

So what? And like I've repeatedly said, it was the closest that anyone got to guessing who was mafia. I guess you guys are just determined to undermine my 'guesses' because you know that I could've helped the town.

Sep 29 2012, 5:08 am Fire_Kame Post #716

wth is starcraft

As a townie alive until the end, I doubt you would've been much help.

Sep 29 2012, 6:01 am DevliN Post #717

OVERWATCH STATUS GO

You're right, correctly guessing 3 mafia wouldn't have changed anything had I been alive. :rolleyes:
Considering you'd have nothing to back it up other than the fact that you guessed, I'd say that wouldn't have changed anything.

EDIT:
Wow, I should have refreshed this page an hour ago. Go me.

All this ego stroking is really fantastic, though, guys. Keep it up. :rolleyes:

\:devlin\: Currently Working On: \:devlin\:
My Overwatch addiction.

Sep 29 2012, 6:06 am Aristocrat Post #718

Quote from Azrael
Quote from Aristocrat

No, because changing the OP isn't the same thing as adding text to the night post.
You haven't addressed the issue I brought up. All you did was affirm that Broadcast is indeed an ability. You never addressed the illegality of Inferno purposely tweaking the OP to match your Broadcasts to make it seem legitimate even when it's not actually part of the power.

None.

Sep 29 2012, 9:06 am Roy Post #719

An artist's depiction of an Extended Unit Death

My bad, guys; it was my fault the town lost. Had the trump card been used a day later, it would have definitely made things more interesting.

I had some notes about the game in general, but I've already complained to the people that would want to hear it. I think Raccoon did a fantastic job, though, and he was the only townie that gave me hope after I had died; the rest of you had an issue of not trusting yourselves and instead chose to follow the bandwagon (incidentally lead by the mafia) that suddenly appeared after I died. If I could suggest one thing to do better for next time, it would be to provoke more discussion and question every statement another player is making.

Sep 29 2012, 9:12 am Lanthanide Post #720

Quote from Roy
If I could suggest one thing to do better for next time, it would be to provoke more discussion and question every statement another player is making.
Yip, definitely agree. After your death, town basically went with everything we suggested.

None.

Options
Pages: < 1 « 34 35 36 37 38 >
  Back to forum