Mafia: The Trump Card
Sep 9 2012, 4:56 am
By: lil-Inferno
Pages: < 1 « 32 33 34 35 3638 >

Sep 29 2012, 1:30 am O)FaRTy1billion[MM] Post #661

👻 👾 👽 💪

:awesome:

Sorry Devlin. It had to be done.

TinyMap2 - Latest in map compression! ( 7/09/14 - New build! )
EUD Action Enabler - Lightweight EUD/EPD support! (ChaosLauncher/MPQDraft support!)
EUDDB - topic - Help out by adding your EUDs! Or Submit reference files in the References tab!
MapSketch - New image->map generator!
EUDTrig - topic - Quickly and easily convert offsets to EUDs! (extended players supported)
SC2 Map Texture Mask Importer/Exporter - Edit texture placement in an image editor!
\:farty\: This page has been viewed [img]http://farty1billion.dyndns.org/Clicky.php?img.gif[/img] times!

Sep 29 2012, 2:16 am Azrael Post #662

I would like to credit my teammates for being especially competent. Excellent work :)

On a side note, the game wasn't over when you ended it. The Town could have still tied our vote, taking the sabotage and the Elder-shifter into account, and had a potential victory ahead of them if they had unanimously voted for Farty. We needed Farty's vote in order to overpower the Town's voting capabilities, and he had not voted yet. It's entirely possible he would not have voted, and the Town would have changed their votes, possibly resulting in an eventual Town victory.

It's not likely, but if you are going to end the game before it's actually over based on who will probably win, you may as well have ended it on Night 0 with a Town victory.

I'm disappointed about that, and the fact that Aristocrat was allowed to voluntarily remove his role from the game. That's not something players are supposed to be able to do.

I have to say that I especially liked the Beguiler's ability to add information to the night posts. That is the perfect example of an ideal Beguiler power, indirectly affecting the game through the manipulation of information.

Sep 29 2012, 2:22 am Generalpie Post #663

Staredit Puckwork

Quote from Azrael
I would like to credit my teammates for being especially competent. Excellent work :)

On a side note, the game wasn't over when you ended it. The Town could have still tied our vote, taking the sabotage and the Elder-shifter into account, and had a potential victory ahead of them if they had unanimously voted for Farty. We needed Farty's vote in order to overpower the Town's voting capabilities, and he had not voted yet. It's entirely possible he would not have voted, and the Town would have changed their votes, possibly resulting in an eventual Town victory.

It's not likely, but if you are going to end the game before it's actually over based on who will probably win, you may as well have ended it on Night 0 with a Town victory.

I'm disappointed about that, and the fact that Aristocrat was allowed to voluntarily remove his role from the game. That's not something players are supposed to be able to do.

I have to say that I especially liked the Beguiler's ability to add information to the night posts. That is the perfect example of an ideal Beguiler power, indirectly affecting the game through the manipulation of information.

It was effective, but I wasn't sure if it was the case until the god post, which wasn't meant to be a test of the ability, but I pieced things together as my router went kaput. :/

None.

Sep 29 2012, 2:36 am Fire_Kame Post #664

wth is starcraft

I deserve an apology, you mafia loving scum. :-(

Sep 29 2012, 2:43 am O)FaRTy1billion[MM] Post #665

👻 👾 👽 💪

I came on to vote, but then it said it was over.

I just didn't want Kame to be mad at me :P

EUD Action Enabler - Lightweight EUD/EPD support! (ChaosLauncher/MPQDraft support!)
EUDDB - topic - Help out by adding your EUDs! Or Submit reference files in the References tab!
EUDTrig - topic - Quickly and easily convert offsets to EUDs! (extended players supported)
SC2 Map Texture Mask Importer/Exporter - Edit texture placement in an image editor!
\:farty\: This page has been viewed [img]http://farty1billion.dyndns.org/Clicky.php?img.gif[/img] times!

Sep 29 2012, 2:43 am Generalpie Post #666

Staredit Puckwork

Quote from Fire_Kame
I deserve an apology, you mafia loving scum. :-(
Me?

None.

Sep 29 2012, 2:48 am Raitaki Post #667

Quote from O)FaRTy1billion[MM]
I came on to vote, but then it said it was over.

I just didn't want Kame to be mad at me :P
Says the dude who came on yesterday, posted in thread, was prodded by me immediately to vote, but never did :massimo:

None.

Sep 29 2012, 2:50 am O)FaRTy1billion[MM] Post #668

👻 👾 👽 💪

Because I didn't want Kame to be mad at me! :( That's why I was waiting. I came on before the deadline.

Sep 29 2012, 3:04 am Sacrieur Post #669

Still Napping

Quote from Lanthanide
I don't agree Sac. Other games the beguiler has had the power to re-colour people so that when they're lynched they appear as another colour, which then wears off some time later.

So it wasn't unreasonable for people to assume that's what was going on here: that the players that were later revealed as mafia actually were mafia all along and had been re-coloured, but that recolouring wore off the next morning.

In actuality it was the opposite: the beguiler power was effectively to re-colour actual townspeople as mafia.

Recolor names yes, add information to the night post, yes. That all was very obvious. But people thought what appeared in the night post were actually clues or pointing towards someone when the rules explicitly stated otherwise. When Roy was named mafia, it didn't erase his previous title as rogue engineer -- but even that is irrelevant, he proved he was the rogue engineer beyond reasonable doubt.

Oh, right this was the clincher for Az:

The grammar of the night post was too sophisticated for just anyone, it didn't match anyone's writing style but Az. Red flags flew up right away when I read that sentence because it was written too well to be from anyone else.

None.

Sep 29 2012, 3:08 am TiKels Post #670

Quote from TiKels
I thought the night post was suggesting that the Beguiler, the Rogue Engineer, and the Mayor are the same person. When I looked up "beguile" the definition is "deceive", so "a deceitful man" sounded like the Beguiler to me.

Since that post went up, Roy has directly threatened to kill me, saying I need to do everything he says or I'm dead. If anyone else has been threatened like this, please speak up. The problem I have with this is, I've already been doing everything he says. As far as I can tell, everyone has been, but only the town keeps dying.

Sacrieur told me that if he died, that it was probably Roy behind it. I now find out that Roy knew Sacrieur was the Theoretical Physicist, and he told the Doctors to protect other people so Sacrieur would be vulnerable.

The only evidence we even have that Roy isn't Mafia is that he's the Rogue Engineer. I just asked Inferno about this on Skype, and here is the conversation:

[3:32:22 PM] Tella Lie: i have to ask
[3:32:29 PM] Tella Lie: was every player given one role each when the game started?
[3:33:08 PM] Kyle Hershey: no
[3:33:19 PM] Kyle Hershey: well, maybe
[3:33:30 PM] Kyle Hershey: can't say for sure
[3:34:38 PM] Tella Lie: wow
[3:34:49 PM] Tella Lie: you said beguiler was a support role, so if he was hypothetically also the rogue engineer, how would you explain that?
[3:35:03 PM] Kyle Hershey: hypothetically
[3:35:21 PM] Kyle Hershey: the beguiler would still be a support role
[3:35:37 PM] Kyle Hershey: that doesn't mean his extra role has to be
[3:35:46 PM] Tella Lie: why would you add that?
[3:35:56 PM] Tella Lie: and why add that to your post?
[3:36:04 PM] Tella Lie: you said there were no clues
[3:36:10 PM] Kyle Hershey: it's not a clue
[3:36:19 PM] Kyle Hershey: it's a statement about the state of the game
[3:36:29 PM] Kyle Hershey: like I said, clues are words with double meanings and other abstract things
[3:36:41 PM] Kyle Hershey: it's not the same thing
[3:36:48 PM] Kyle Hershey: and the town would lose if I didn't add that
[3:36:55 PM] Kyle Hershey: they probably will anyways
[3:37:02 PM] Tella Lie: ...

I vote Roy.
If I must remind you.

This was fabricated.

"If a topic that clearly interest noone needs to be closed to underline the "we don't want this here" message, is up to debate."

-NudeRaider

Sep 29 2012, 3:14 am Raitaki Post #671

I just noticed, Tikels were you trying to subtle drop hints for town or something, that is waaay too fast for Skype conversations to occur :V according to your timestamps at parts yours and lil's WPM shot up to like 70 WPM :P

None.

Sep 29 2012, 3:18 am TiKels Post #672

... I can type at about 90-110 WPM.

"If a topic that clearly interest noone needs to be closed to underline the "we don't want this here" message, is up to debate."

-NudeRaider

Sep 29 2012, 3:21 am Raitaki Post #673

INCLUDING reading messages. And lil certainly didn't type that fast. The timestamps look like you guys had a notepad open from which you just type all your lines from.

None.

Sep 29 2012, 3:35 am Sacrieur Post #674

Still Napping

Obvious fake is obvious.

Why would Roy threaten to kill you, have you tell everyone it was him, and then have you vote for him?

Also not as relevant, but I only told Roy that I suspected if I died he was mafia, and that was only before he proved he was RE.

None.

Sep 29 2012, 3:37 am Lanthanide Post #675

I could easily have an IM conversation, with line lengths that long, that quickly.

None.

Sep 29 2012, 3:48 am Azrael Post #676

Quote from Raitaki
I just noticed, Tikels were you trying to subtle drop hints for town or something, that is waaay too fast for Skype conversations to occur :V

The timestamps were based off an actual conversation I had with Inferno.

Sep 29 2012, 3:50 am Raitaki Post #677

:hurr:

None.

Sep 29 2012, 4:09 am Aristocrat Post #678

Inferno recolored Kame's name in the OP after the Beguiler used "announce" which was for some reason allowed to recolor names, which makes no fucking sense. Nowhere in the beguiler PM does it state he can change the OP.

Mind explaining that? And labeling Roy as mafia in the OP?

None.

Sep 29 2012, 4:15 am Dem0n Post #679

ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ

Quote from PM I sent to Roy prior to being lynched
I'm thinking Lanthanide. I just think he's suspicious. He obviously doesn't know who to play properly; he's been asking stupid questions the entire time. I'm really not sure if he's mafia or anything, but if we lose him, it's not too debilitating. If you have someone else in mind, lemme know. I'm really not trying to die first night due to the town's retardation.
I told Roy to lynch Lanthanide. He didn't.

Quote from Me prior to dying
Azrael may be Mafia. Some how people just automatically assume he's completely immune to being Mafia, even though it's completely random.
I said Azrael may be mafia. Nobody listened.

Quote from Raitaki's Night 2 Actions
Puppeteer Wing Zero to target Lanthanide. Incapacitate OlimarandLouie.
Raitaki mistakenly PMed me his night actions because he was used to typing my name in the recipients list from my game. If I had lived, the Beguiler would've been dead.

You're all idiots. I don't know how you manage to go through an entire game without killing a single mafia. Simply embarrassing.

Sep 29 2012, 4:19 am Azrael Post #680

Quote from Aristocrat
Inferno recolored Kame's name in the OP after the Beguiler used "announce" which was for some reason allowed to recolor names, which makes no fucking sense. Nowhere in the beguiler PM does it state he can change the OP.

Mind explaining that? And labeling Roy as mafia in the OP?

It doesn't say you can do that, but it doesn't say you can't, and when asked for clarification, he stated we could use it that way.

Options
Pages: < 1 « 32 33 34 35 3638 >
  Back to forum