Staredit Network > Forums > Null > Topic: Mafia: The Trump Card
Mafia: The Trump Card
Sep 9 2012, 4:56 am
By: lil-Inferno
Pages: < 1 « 16 17 18 19 2038 >

Sep 16 2012, 1:34 am Roy Post #341

An artist's depiction of an Extended Unit Death

So I guess it comes down to whether we want to lynch Demon, who is active and cooperative (and through his activity, being easier to analyze), or risk it on a player who is inactive or secretive, who will always be as suspicious as they are now unless they suddenly become active.

I'm all for the latter since I don't have any solid evidence against Demon, but I don't want to start a last-minute bandwagon when I haven't even proven my own role yet. Thoughts?

We're about 2.5 hours from the deadline.

Sep 16 2012, 1:37 am Dem0n Post #342

ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ

I just want to say that votes are supposed to be made in clear and unambiguous ways, so I'm not sure what you're all doing voting for this "dem0n" guy. I have no idea who that is, so you all might want to clear that up.

And I agree with Roy. There's no evidence against this "dem0n" guy, so we should probably lynch an inactive if we're going to blindly kill someone without any proof.

Sep 16 2012, 1:43 am Bar Refaeli Post #343

Quote from Roy
I Iz LEET, Riney, OlimarandLouie, BiOAtK, Fire_Kame, UnholyUrine, and Mouse have not voted. Riney, BiOAtK, and Mouse have been the most inactive in the thread, and I Iz LEET and Fire_Kame have been among the most active up to this point. With the exception of Mouse and Riney, they have all been active recently.

In a game of no clues, the mafia benefit from not being publicly outspoken, because the only behavioral analysis is their lack of participation, which is the same behavior as a disinterested or idle townie.

Right now, I can say I do not believe I Iz LEET to be mafia, and I would like us to also examine the other players in this list.
You should also note these players' behaviors in previous games. For example, Riney isn't usually extremely active in mafia games, therefore that doesn't make him very scummy by not being active in this one.

I vote Aristocrat btw. Had to take a side sometime.

None.

Sep 16 2012, 1:58 am OlimarandLouie Post #344

Usually I'm inactive because I have nothing to contribute.

I shall vote for DemonS1ayer, because abstaining gives the mafia more power to swing the vote.

None.

Sep 16 2012, 2:02 am Dem0n Post #345

ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ

I VOTE FOR SILVERCRUSADER

Sep 16 2012, 2:03 am Raitaki Post #346

I'd choose the latter option. Demon is doing decent this time, and I don't think anyone really produced any reasons to vote him ever this game.

None.

Sep 16 2012, 2:05 am Sacrieur Post #347

Still Napping

Not voting for anyone isn't an option, we don't want any mafia to hijack the vote last second and kill Roy or something.

None.

Sep 16 2012, 2:37 am Wing Zero Post #348

Magic box god; Suck it Corbo

I vote Demon due to a fishy PM he sent me.

Sep 16 2012, 2:37 am Roy Post #349

An artist's depiction of an Extended Unit Death

Has anyone been working with Lanthanide? There's something about his behavior this game that's been rubbing me the wrong way, though I want to know if anyone else agrees before going forward with anything.

Sep 16 2012, 2:43 am UnholyUrine Post #350

I've been silently lurking.. really don't know who to vote, so I'll just bandwagon

I vote Dem0n

None.

Sep 16 2012, 2:54 am BiOAtK Post #351

i vote demon

None.

Sep 16 2012, 3:03 am Sacrieur Post #352

Still Napping

Here's the reason why to vote for Demon:

He's openly declared to all that he's an elder. Doing this isn't very bright from the town's perspective, because now the mafia know who to target with their saboteurs to get the most bang for their buck.

Further, admitting to everyone instead of just Roy means two things:

1) His concern was to protect himself from the town -- the thought of the saboteur using him didn't seem to occur.

2) He didn't trust just Roy or anyone who is likely town and tell them he was an elder. This suggests he was unwilling to open a dialogue with smart town members for fear of making a mistake (perhaps subconscious inhibition, even when I'm mafia I don't feel comfortable talking to nonmafia players in closed communication).

He's likely a saboteur.

---

In the unlikely event that he's actually an elder, we need someone to kill anyway; and since he's basically doing more harm than good. The mafia will target his voting booth every night he's alive, making him an asset for the mafia.

None.

Sep 16 2012, 3:08 am Dem0n Post #353

ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ

You are stupid. I told Roy days ago that I was Elder, specifically when he was running for Mayor. The only reason I said I was Elder was because Aristocrat's mentally handicapped self wanted to blindly kill me for no reason (I guess utter stupidity is one of the symptoms of being a total fucking idiot). How the hell did I not want to have a discussion with smart town members? I've been talking to Roy. I talked to Devlin. I tried to talk to Azrael, but he refused to talk back. Maybe I won't vote again if I survive tonight. And you say I'm good as dead if I abstain? I know you've been out of school for a while, but you can't be this stupid. How could having an extra townie alive possibly be detrimental to the game, even if he's not voting? You're better off taking a chance with some noob who hasn't posted for the last 5 pages than to kill an obvious townie who has previous Mafia experience.

Sep 16 2012, 3:08 am Fire_Kame Post #354

wth is starcraft

Quote from Wing Zero
I vote Demon due to a fishy PM he sent me.
To be fair, demon lacks basic social skills :awesome: JK I LOVE YOU DEMON :3

Sep 16 2012, 3:09 am Dem0n Post #355

ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ

I think you're confusing me with Mesk.

Sep 16 2012, 3:10 am Sacrieur Post #356

Still Napping

How could having an extra townie alive possibly be detrimental to the game, even if he's not voting?

Azrael has informed me that even if you abstain, the votes are still at the saboteur's discretion. But even if this weren't the case, not voting means you don't count for anything, just like a dead person.

I'm having trouble breaking this down in terms you can understand.

---

If you were town you wouldn't be fighting this, you would agree and try to help the town as best you can. The fact you're trying to stay alive regardless means your interests don't seem to be with the town.

None.

Sep 16 2012, 3:13 am Dem0n Post #357

ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ

No, I wouldn't let myself fucking willingly die when I'm obvious town and half the players in this game are inactive, yet you refuse to look at them. Of course I won't give two shits about people who lead stupid ass band wagons against me for no reason. I hope the fucking Saboteur blows your ass to hell, Sac.

Sep 16 2012, 3:13 am Bar Refaeli Post #358

I vote I Iz Leet.

None.

Sep 16 2012, 3:17 am Dem0n Post #359

ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ

I can roll my extra vote over to the next day, which would give the Saboteur +1 votes from me, just like any other player. His sabotage ability only lasts one night, so unless he wants to keep sabotaging me, which in turn, I'll keep rolling my votes over, having me alive doesn't cause any harm to the town.

Sep 16 2012, 3:19 am Azrael Post #360

Quote from name:I Iz LEET
I can roll my extra vote over to the next day, which would give the Saboteur +1 votes from me, just like any other player. His sabotage ability only lasts one night, so unless he wants to keep sabotaging me, which in turn, I'll keep rolling my votes over, having me alive doesn't cause any harm to the town.

You can only roll one vote over every day, so after the first day you would be giving Mafia +4 votes again.

Options
Pages: < 1 « 16 17 18 19 2038 >
  Back to forum