Sep 9 2012, 4:56 am
By: lil-Inferno
Pages: < 1 « 14 15 16 17 1838 >

Sep 15 2012, 2:12 pm poison_us Post #301

Back* from the grave

Abstain, for now.

Sep 15 2012, 3:02 pm Azrael Post #302

Quote from Roy
There's an issue with my night results, and I'll give an update on that when I have it straightened out. As for now, there really isn't too much information other than the people starting a random bandwagon, so:

I vote Aristocrat.

Didn't Wing say something about Devlin being killed on the first night? Maybe he tried to fulfill his own prophecy...

I'm not sure what you're doing here, but between your bandwagon and Aristocrat's, yours is the more random one. Aristocrat has been saying he will kill Demon since before the game started, so it's not random that he voted to lynch him.

How about we get the Town hub organized? Shouldn't you have done this already? If you're the Rogue Engineer, then flip the switch on whoever you constrained before the day ends, and it will verify your role with near 100% certainty. Then we can give you our roles and night actions, and you can actually organize our actions properly.

Sep 15 2012, 3:48 pm Bar Refaeli Post #303

Quote from Azrael
Quote from Roy
There's an issue with my night results, and I'll give an update on that when I have it straightened out. As for now, there really isn't too much information other than the people starting a random bandwagon, so:

I vote Aristocrat.

Didn't Wing say something about Devlin being killed on the first night? Maybe he tried to fulfill his own prophecy...

I'm not sure what you're doing here, but between your bandwagon and Aristocrat's, yours is the more random one. Aristocrat has been saying he will kill Demon since before the game started, so it's not random that he voted to lynch him.

How about we get the Town hub organized? Shouldn't you have done this already? If you're the Rogue Engineer, then flip the switch on whoever you constrained before the day ends, and it will verify your role with near 100% certainty. Then we can give you our roles and night actions, and you can actually organize our actions properly.
Agreed. Roy, prove yourself. State who you constrained then kill them.

Real rogue engineer should not counterclaim yet.

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on Sep 15 2012, 4:04 pm by Raccoon.

None.

Sep 15 2012, 4:21 pm lil-Inferno Post #304

Just here for the pie

VOTER :: LYNCH CANDIDATE

Aristocrat :: I Iz LEET <-
FaRTy1billion :: I Iz LEET (2)
Roy :: Aristocrat x3 <-
Sacrieur :: Aristocrat
Raitaki :: Aristocrat (5)

Abstaining: DevliN, Observer12425, Wing Zero, poison_us

Currently slated to be lynched: Aristocrat
Votes accounted for: 9/23

Sep 15 2012, 5:33 pm Roy Post #305

An artist's depiction of an Extended Unit Death

So apparently no PM response = night action failed.

Quote from name:Azreal
Quote from name:Raccoon
Agreed. Roy, prove yourself. State who you constrained then kill them.
So eager to let me decide to kill someone, even after what happened after last time? The only players who would be confident enough to let me just do that are the ones who know that I didn't constrain anyone from their team. I like how it took you guys almost a full day to make this suggestion; is your role-call a little slow?

Also, I've only been working with those that have come to me.

Real rogue engineer should not counterclaim yet.
On the contrary, if there is another RE, either their constrain victim should speak up or they should make the call to dethrone me (by which I mean either telling their victim to reveal themselves or blowing them up). I'm stating that there is no victim because my action failed.

Quote from Azrael
And I've been stating that I'd kill Aristocrat this whole time, but okay, I'm being more random because I didn't do it immediately or whatever. While you're still unsure about my plans, how about you state who your candidate is?

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on Sep 15 2012, 6:45 pm by Roy.

Sep 15 2012, 5:45 pm Azrael Post #306

Quote from Roy
So eager to let me decide to kill someone, even after what happened after last time? The only players who would be confident enough to let me just do that are the ones who know that I didn't constrain anyone from their team.

Are you actually suggesting that you are not going to kill a single person? Rogue Engineer is the Town's only killing role. You make an educated guess, constrain someone, and then execute them during the day to prove your role. How hard is that?

After the first person dies, you can start constraining people and keeping them alive to keep them in line, but it makes no sense to not verify your role when you have the easiest role to verify and you can also not be killed.

Quote from Roy
I like how it took you guys almost a full day to make this suggestion; is your role-call a little slow?

Excuse me? I stated in the shoutbox at least once that this is what you should do. I expected that you would have already known as much. I didn't think I needed to give you a play-by-play on the best course of action to take to ensure the Town's victory.

Sep 15 2012, 5:46 pm TiKels Post #307

I was hesitant at first but.... I vote roy

"If a topic that clearly interest noone needs to be closed to underline the "we don't want this here" message, is up to debate."

-NudeRaider

Sep 15 2012, 5:55 pm Bar Refaeli Post #308

Quote from Roy
The only players who would be confident enough to let me just do that are the ones who know that I didn't constrain anyone from their team. I like how it took you guys almost a full day to make this suggestion; is your role-call a little slow?

Also, I've only been working with those that have come to me.
Roy that logic and accusation is terrible. Usually you are a little better than this. You killing someone proves your innocent, so yes, I am eager for you to kill someone, even if I was the one you constrained. I don't really care if you failed last time, that doesn't mean anything about your next time. There are no clues in this game. Random killings are the only way to win, weren't you the one who pointed that out before? Now you are backing out of that statement in being afraid to kill someone?

The Rogue Engineer should not claim. If the Rogue Engineer claims, then mafia knows who he is, and Roy made a valiant sacrifice. If someone was constrained, they should speak up, but probably won't. If mafia was constrained, they won't speak up. If someone was constrained, then the real Rogue Engineer should just kill them. If Rogue Engineer kills whoever they constrained, then we know Roy is fake and mafia still don't know who the real Rogue Engineer is.

You base your lynch on Aristocrat off of nothing. I'll admit we don't have much, but we do know who voted for who in the mayor election. A logical selection of lynching would be DevliN, or even Wing Zero, as they had the next highest followings after you. DevliN claims he is a veteran who was hit, but logically, what mafia would try to kill DevliN? He would obviously be a good selection for lynching as he had a large following in the mayor election, so why would mafia waste a hit? But this could also be meaningless as most mafia hits are just randomly selected.

And Roy, stop being so secretive, you are suppose to be a hub. If you didn't get a constrain in, at least tell us who you attempted to constrain.

None.

Sep 15 2012, 6:02 pm Bar Refaeli Post #309

Sorry for double post but can we also request for the possibility of an extension? There are only 9 votes in and it is 10 hours until the deadline. Who knows, we may have settled everything by then, but in case we haven't, an extension would be nice. It would be a shame if this game was determined based on activity and inactivity.

None.

Sep 15 2012, 6:02 pm Roy Post #310

An artist's depiction of an Extended Unit Death

Quote from Azrael
Quote from Roy
So eager to let me decide to kill someone, even after what happened after last time? The only players who would be confident enough to let me just do that are the ones who know that I didn't constrain anyone from their team.

Are you actually suggesting that you are not going to kill a single person? Rogue Engineer is the Town's only killing role. You make an educated guess, constrain someone, and then execute them during the day to prove your role. How hard is that?
No, that is not what I'm suggesting.

Though now that you mention it, it would be way smarter to not kill anyone until the Theoretical Physicist can use his ability, so we could undo the mistakes and keep the victories, assuming the town is satisfied with evidence of absence to prove my role.

Quote from Azrael
After the first person dies, you can start constraining people and keeping them alive to keep them in line, but it makes no sense to not verify your role when you have the easiest role to verify and you can also not be killed.
Did you see the rest of my post, or are you just intentionally skewing this statement?

Quote from Azrael
Quote from Roy
I like how it took you guys almost a full day to make this suggestion; is your role-call a little slow?

Excuse me? I stated in the shoutbox at least once that this is what you should do. I expected that you would have already known as much. I didn't think I needed to give you a play-by-play on the best course of action to take to ensure the Town's victory.
If you were serious about it, it doesn't belong in the shoutbox; this tells me you were concerned with who I might choose.

Edit:
Random killings are the only way to win, weren't you the one who pointed that out before? Now you are backing out of that statement in being afraid to kill someone?
Not random killings, no. It should be an informed decision based on your own behavioral analysis.

The Rogue Engineer should not claim. If the Rogue Engineer claims, then mafia knows who he is, and Roy made a valiant sacrifice. If someone was constrained, they should speak up, but probably won't. If mafia was constrained, they won't speak up. If someone was constrained, then the real Rogue Engineer should just kill them. If Rogue Engineer kills whoever they constrained, then we know Roy is fake and mafia still don't know who the real Rogue Engineer is.
The victim not speaking up would be a dumb move, just like the mafia fake-claiming as a victim would be a dumb move.

You base your lynch on Aristocrat off of nothing. I'll admit we don't have much, but we do know who voted for who in the mayor election. A logical selection of lynching would be DevliN, or even Wing Zero, as they had the next highest followings after you. DevliN claims he is a veteran who was hit, but logically, what mafia would try to kill DevliN? He would obviously be a good selection for lynching as he had a large following in the mayor election, so why would mafia waste a hit? But this could also be meaningless as most mafia hits are just randomly selected.
I'm basing it on nothing that I have stated because I want some reactions first; I'm not here to spoonfeed you, and if I'm making a decision you don't agree with, you should be outspoken about it, like you and Azrael are. The players that concern me the most are the sheep.

And Roy, stop being so secretive, you are suppose to be a hub. If you didn't get a constrain in, at least tell us who you attempted to constrain.
You.

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on Sep 15 2012, 6:19 pm by Roy.

Sep 15 2012, 6:15 pm Positively Post #311

I'd like to abstain please.

None.

Sep 15 2012, 6:16 pm Raitaki Post #312

Why are people suddenly ignoring Roy when he said his night action failed and instead rant on about how he doesn't want to kill someone as proof etc? :\

None.

Sep 15 2012, 6:19 pm Aristocrat Post #313

I change my vote to Raccoon.

None.

Sep 15 2012, 6:20 pm Bar Refaeli Post #314

Quote from Raitaki
Why are people suddenly ignoring Roy when he said his night action failed and instead rant on about how he doesn't want to kill someone as proof etc? :\
No one is ignoring that at all. However, Roy was questioning our (mainly Azrael and I) idea of having Roy kill whoever he constrained (if he constrained someone). Roy's questioning of that (basically the second part of your question, how he doesn't want to kill someone) makes us rant on him because it is illogical and scummy. In addition, I even asked him to tell who he attempted to constrain, so that is also hardly ignoring him.

May I ask why on Earth you asked that question?

None.

Sep 15 2012, 6:33 pm Wing Zero Post #315

Magic box god; Suck it Corbo

Quote from Roy
You.

Just in case you missed it

Sep 15 2012, 6:34 pm Azrael Post #316

Quote from Roy
Though now that you mention it, it would be way smarter to not kill anyone until the Theoretical Physicist can use his ability, so we could undo the mistakes and keep the victories, assuming the town is satisfied with evidence of absence to prove my role.

The evidence of absence is the only reason I think you're legitimate, but considering we have any number of AFK players, and a Beguiler in play, it's definitely not conclusive by any means.

Using the Theoretical Physicist to undo a single Town death is stupid. It can only be used once. The only Town role important enough to do that for is the Rogue Engineer, which you supposedly have.

Sep 15 2012, 6:37 pm Wing Zero Post #317

Quote from Azrael
Quote from Roy

The evidence of absence is the only reason I think you're legitimate, but considering we have any number of AFK players, and a Beguiler in play, it's definitely not conclusive by any means.

Using the Theoretical Physicist to undo a single Town death is stupid. It can only be used once. The only Town role important enough to do that for is the Rogue Engineer, which you supposedly have.

We can triple lynch and kill all the constrained people at the same time. As long as one of them isn't the physicist we should be fine.

Sep 15 2012, 6:40 pm Azrael Post #318

That's what we should do regardless, expose as many roles as possible all at once, and have the Theoretical Physicist reverse the deaths.

That doesn't change the fact that Roy should kill someone in the meantime to prove his role beyond any reasonable doubt.

Sep 15 2012, 6:50 pm Wing Zero Post #319

Someone needs to be constrained first though

Sep 15 2012, 6:56 pm Bar Refaeli Post #320

I abstain.

None.

Options
Pages: < 1 « 14 15 16 17 1838 >
  Back to forum